Song for my father

Ðekel

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
My father's parting date is coming up. It's been a couple of years since he passed on.

Even though this is quite personal I thought I might just put it up here.

_____

father

i am beside you
in the earth that holds you
like a child

and all the seaweed washed away
when you walked beside me

i've made for you wings
made out of paper and songs
and those little cassettes you always used
so you can fly and save my heart
your child

your genius flower has a son and a daughter
they glow brightly with love
like endless embers

i can still hear your songs
even the ones you're writing now
and the voice is beautiful
and the wind blows gently
and everything is forgiven

This is beautiful! A beautiful, beautiful song. And your song reminds me my father. And because of your song me too I feel a daughter, a little child, her daughter. I saw my father, this strange man in my life. And your song, like words from a child, so beautiful, bring tears in my eyes.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

transientP said:
My father's parting date is coming up. It's been a couple of years since he passed on.

Even though this is quite personal I thought I might just put it up here.

_____

father

i am beside you
in the earth that holds you
like a child.....

OM! So AWESOME - WOW and double wow - (and I am a harsh critic) - thank you - so poignant and touching...

That was very touching and beautiful, transientP. Thanks for sharing. My father passed on May 6, 2011. Your post touched me deeply.

Thanks guys. Glad you liked and found it moving.
:hug2:

Didn't mean to cause sadness, yet the writing itself does help to acknowledge emotions and express them.
It always surprises me when people are able to tune in to the emotions just by reading words on a screen.
It's almost like a type of telepathy I think.

That was lovely, transientP. Your father must be very pleased and happy if he can hear this. It is a beautiful ode to our parents, our caretakers.

Yes, that was quite moving. Thank you indeed for sharing this wonderful piece with us :flowers:

It made me think about my grandmother, who has passed away so many years ago. Sometimes it seems, as if she blinks somewhere in the stars...

Back
Top Bottom