Controversial Instagram Account About Pathology

• Thread starter Deleted member 11729
  • Start date
Heimdallr said:
solarmind said:
And how we can found out what is the real motivation for her, just from what she said?

She's not here on this forum, claiming to want to work on herself and understand her machine. You are. It's interesting that in discussing your motivations/behavior you decide to deflect away from them above. It's a common strategy by the predator's mind.

[quote author=solarmind] Same here, how can you be sure that your interpretation of my impressions and experiences is the right one?

I'm not sure, I'm sharing observations based on what you have written and your reaction to this women's video. If you want to reassure yourself that everything I have written is wrong, go right ahead. But it will not be in service of the part of you that supposedly wants to become more aware of your mechanical nature.

[quote author=solarmind] We can say that it can be few possible options, but I don't understand how we can here come to straight forward conclusion? [/quote]

I don't believe anyone has said anything that is a "straight forward conclusion". All that's being asked is that you consider the possibility that you don't see your true intentions and therefore cannot see yourself objectively. It seems like you are unwilling to do that, based on your responses.

[quote author=solarmind] I know that I have a leadership abilities and there is nothing wrong with that, and from that experience I watched many colleagues how they are doing exactly what you explaining, and I always refused to be that kind of a "leader". I am very offten asked to give opinions in media about some controversial things, as you know, people some time needs to hear the opinions of those they respect, to be able to form their own ... but again I don't really like to use that, as I don't like to be the one who is forming public opinion, just to build up my foundation on that popularity. I respect that my opinion is respected, but it is foundation of my work, not the oposit. So I found that this my impulse probably coming form that my experience to work with people and as a director to be on the front line to protect them from abuse and misunderstanding of others. But yes sure it can all be totally opposite ... but how I can know that, and if I want to change that, how I can do that?
[/quote]

First thing would be to stop fighting the urge to be right and to continue to spin narratives to defend that need to be right.
[/quote]

thank you .. comments were coming form many , and I did work through suggestions that I got .... and I did see through the mistakes of how I approached the judging of the person that i did form the start ... and all your comments are very helpfull :) .. it is not easy to get it straight forward form people that are close to us, but yes I do want to improve not to defend am I right or wong. this was quite one expirience ...

Chu said:
The whole discussion here started because you decided to subjectively ascribe many intentions to this woman, without actually taking different sides and analyzing the situation in a more detached way.

Yes, and gong through most of the comments members posted here in last 2 hours, I realize where I started to project insted of to observe ... thank you also to be here to help.

Hi Solarmind,

I thought that maybe this piece of information could be also useful for consideration:

The Kunstkamera (or Kunstkammer; Russian: Кунсткамера) was the first museum in Russia. Established by Peter the Great and completed in 1727, the Kunstkammer Building hosts the Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (Russian: Музей антропологии и этнографии имени Петра Великого Российской академии наук), with a collection of almost 2,000,000 items. It is located on the Universitetskaya Embankment in Saint Petersburg, facing the Winter Palace.

The Kunstkamera was established by Peter the Great on the Neva Riverfront. The turreted Petrine Baroque building of the Kunstkamera designed by Georg Johann Mattarnovy was completed by 1727. The foundation stone for the Kunstkammer was laid in 1719.

Peter's museum was a cabinet of curiosities dedicated to preserving "natural and human curiosities and rarities", a very typical type of collection in the period. The tsar's personal collection, originally stored in the Summer Palace, features a large assortment of human and animal fetuses with anatomical deficiencies, which Peter had seen in 1697 visiting Frederick Ruysch and Levinus Vincent. The underlying idea of their kunstkammers was to acquire full knowledge of the world. The Dutch word "kunst-kamer" seems to be introduced by the surgeon Stephanus Blankaart in 1680.

The Kunstkamera of Peter the Great is often seen as a haphazard collection of incoherent rarities, but it seems they were collected systematically subject to a well defined plan. Peter's main interest was in "naturalia", rather than the so-called "artificialia". Peter encouraged research of deformities, all along trying to debunk the superstitious fear of monsters. He issued an ukase ordering malformed, still-born infants to be sent from all over the country to the imperial collection. He subsequently had them put on show in the Kunstkamera as examples of accidents of nature.[1]

Hope this helps, fwiw.

Hi solarmind,

I didn't watch the video before looking at her account, because I honestly didn't notice it! I thought it was just a picture. So, before reading this thread further, I viewed it. She still seems very genuine about wanting to teach others about pathology, and I see no harm in what she's doing, as others have noted.

After reading this discussion, I wonder if your reaction came partly from her appearance. You mentioned about how "stylish" and "goth" she looked to fuel your opinion that she's presenting the pictures entirely for self-promotion, if I understood you correctly. Would you have thought differently about her if she wore surgical scrubs without tattoos, makeup, or an eccentric hairstyle? It's common to project our fears and dislikes on people who don't look like us, even if we don't realize it. Thus, it could've been easier for you to create narratives about her because she looked threatening, thereby unconsciously justifying your fear of autopsies. OSIT.

zlyja said:
Hi solarmind,

I didn't watch the video before looking at her account, because I honestly didn't notice it! I thought it was just a picture. So, before reading this thread further, I viewed it. She still seems very genuine about wanting to teach others about pathology, and I see no harm in what she's doing, as others have noted.

After reading this discussion, I wonder if your reaction came partly from her appearance. You mentioned about how "stylish" and "goth" she looked to fuel your opinion that she's presenting the pictures entirely for self-promotion, if I understood you correctly. Would you have thought differently about her if she wore surgical scrubs without tattoos, makeup, or an eccentric hairstyle? It's common to project our fears and dislikes on people who don't look like us, even if we don't realize it. Thus, it could've been easier for you to create narratives about her because she looked threatening, thereby unconsciously justifying your fear of autopsies. OSIT.

Thank you Zlyja for getting back. Discussion with others helped me to see where I started to project and construct the opinion about her, instead of just observing reality of it. It is among comments and discussion. I got a good advices and I am very thankfull for that. It is long journey to understand things better .... :lkj:

"Homo sum. Humani nihil a me alienum putto" (I am a human. Nothing human is alien to me).

Does she hurt anyone by putting out these photos? I don't think so.
And even if it's a pure promotion of herself, so what...

solarmind said:
Laura said:
Because we have YEARS of experience and a network.

Yes I know that, this is why I asked about this case here, to see what you think, is it really that bad as I was thinking, as I built trust to your experience and opinion on things based on that.

But what is contradictory is that you putting yours experience to see things that are not explicitly shown, to be trustful and trustworthy, but do anyone else can have experience, and build his opinion upon that too?

I know that in those things, comparing to anyone here, my expirience in that is 0%.

There is nothing contradictory at all. Again, your System 2 is attempting to make System 1 feel better about itself.

However, a more direct answer to your question would be obtained by reading the book "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell, and/or the thread(s) that mention it here on the forum.

One of the aims of The Work is to "tune the reading instrument" and this is well described in Mouravieff's trilogy, Gnosis. It is also well described in my series, The Wave particularly the parts about the high road/low road systems of perception/misperception.

solarmind said:
Laura said:
Here again it is all about you.

But it turned out to be about me - as you think she is not like I see her, so ok, that is not what you doubt, but most of you have been questioning my thoughts on her, and after me asking how I can see what you saying about her is right, some guided me to get out of that non objective perspective, so how can I relate to that than by answering like me?

If I think something and I f I am asked to observe or explain how I see it or feel it, how can I relate to that, than saying it I do that, I see that, I expirience that?

You are missing the crux of the matter. It was all about you and YOUR perceptions to begin with. You decided to create a subject heading calling this woman a narcissist. Precisely, you wrote:

This is for me unbelievable that someone can do this. As a person who seen couple of autopsies in my medical school, what affected me a lot, I can't be live it that someone is able to be so detached from humanity to be able to do this for self promotion. Any way I don't know how this is legal? This is for me one of the most ugliest ways of narcissistic self representation use of social networks.

_http://sobadsogood.com/2015/05/12/Nicole-Angemi-runs-most-controversial-instagram-account/

At least we can have numbers of sick psychopath who are folowing her. And styling is incredible. sick.

Now, consider if you had written something like what I changed the subject field to: "Controversial Instagram Account" which is what it really is. And then said something like "This makes me feel terrible and here's why ______ Are my perceptions shared by others or is it just me? And if it is just me, why do I feel this way?"

zlyja said:
Hi solarmind,

Well, here is an interesting thing: in general, I do NOT like tattoos and I think that they are totally ugly ON SKIN no matter how prettily artful they are. I can accept one or two small, artistic ACCENTS on the body, but when the tattoos dominate the eye, it seems to me that the person is trying to hide something or divert the attention of others. I also have a bit of a problem understanding why someone would go through that kind of pain to "gild the lily", so to say, to "correct nature." It's kind of like circumcision: if nature intended men to not have foreskins, they would be born that way.

But, that is just my own quirkiness. I happen to think that living creatures are, in and of themselves, works of art and such "improvements" should be modest and discreet... to enhance nature, NOT scream at it. So, this girl's tattoos were a HUGE turn-off to me.

BUT, since I know that our culture has created an environment where tattooing is not only accepted, it is encouraged by slick advertising and role modeling and only the truly independent spirits can evade this programming, I set it aside completely while watching the video. I understood that the girl was just a fairly normal member of her age/culture/society bracket. In fact, the most unusual thing about her was her passion for her work and her urge to share it with others.

Anyway, I found it interesting that she was involved so much with both exploring the limits of mortality AND modifying the body. This may indicate a fear of mortality in her that she seeks to ameliorate by facing it down in her job. Or it may have begun that way, and then her interest and fascination was engaged. This reminds me of an exchange with the Cs on 9 Jan 1996:

Q: (L) Was there some connection between JOs murder and "alien" activity?

A: There is always this connection in one way or another, at one plane convergence or another.

Q: (L) Was the murder of JO a "mini-plane convergence?"

A: What did we just say?

Q: (L) It seemed to me that was what you said, and I was trying to clarify it. Is that, in fact, a plane convergence, where one person's plane of reality converges with another person's plane of reality, and one or the other gets annihilated?

A: 4th, 5th and 3rd density is involved.

Q: (L) Is this true with all murders?

A: Discover and yes.

Q: (L) Was my interaction into that reality a sort of entering into a point of plane convergence?

A: Flirting with the edges.

Q: (L) So, when a person is working on a murder investigation, or thinking about it, or applying thoughts, talents, instincts or whatever to the solving of this kind of puzzle, they are interacting with a plane convergence?

A: This represents one manifestaion of the always present desire to return "home" to 5th density.

So, it seems to me that what this girl is doing, whether she realizes it or not, is a rather spiritual activity.

Kasia said:
"Homo sum. Humani nihil a me alienum putto" (I am a human. Nothing human is alien to me).

Does she hurt anyone by putting out these photos? I don't think so.
And even if it's a pure promotion of herself, so what...

Exactly. There is the ever-present box with the X in it at the upper right of the screen.

Laura said:
I understood that the girl was just a fairly normal member of her age/culture/society bracket. In fact, the most unusual thing about her was her passion for her work and her urge to share it with others.

I was struck by that aspect also. She came across to me as sort of "ditsy" at times, definitely a product of Western youth "culture", but what was strange was her dedication and apparent sincerity in the job she does. Let's face it, most young people her age these days are completely inured in mindless pop "culture". Her peers are probably obsessed by reality TV, celebrities, consumerism etc. and nothing more. So in that respect her pronounced interest in human anatomy and her use of social media to promote that interest sets her apart from most.

obyvatel said:
[quote author=Solarmind]
But it is obviously interesting topic ... I didn't expect that. I just thought I would like to see if maybe someone has different opinion, to reflect, as I didn't want to be overwhelmed with my possible overreacting, and I just get rush of all that school memories that get back to me.

I think the bolded portion above may be closer to reality. The rest of your reactions could be narratives driven by that initial shock. From your description, the shock that you felt initially appears to be of an aesthetic nature. But that got covered up quickly by moral narratives about alleged self promotion, alleged lack of respect about privacy and the likes, all of which in this specific context, appears to me as an example of "straining at gnats".
[/quote]

This reminds me of Gabor Mate's definition of implicit memory from Scattered:

The person experiencing this type of memory may believe that he is just reacting to something in the present, remaining completely in the dark about what the rush of feelings that flood his mind and body really represents.
&
Whenever we experience ourselves caught up in feelings that seem to overwhelm us, we are likely in the realm of implicit memory - as we also are when we find ourselves quite cut off from feelings.

Except, Solarmind, you seem to have an idea of a possible implicit memory source - from medical school. So you may be kind of ahead of the game in that respect.

From the my point of view her interests are completely normal. She could has personality of daredevil and explorer. This may be a way to satisfy their needs of risk and adrenaline, as other people sometimes do extreme sports.

Why was it connected with so "not appetizing" subject of interest? Mainstream religion, for example, as I was growing up in the roman-catholic church, contrary to appearances that it should be about soul etc, there is a lot of focus on physicality, physical suffering, death, fear of death and the inevitable court. Therefore such interests as the girl has, can be a step further, exit outside the schemes, as it was suggested by Perceval. And at a deeper level it can be good job doing for the soul, be rather spiritual activity, as Laura said.

To the her appearance. Tattoo can act as addition to physical attractiveness, if this person has a feeling that it is not enough attractive. Also, she is certainly aware of controversy because of her way of life and interests, so tattoos may act as a shield, addicting her more grandeur. Thanks to that she may feel more self-confident and "inviolable".

Thank you all for participating and giving directions to another way of thinking. This was one interesting experience.
As we went to the more accurate subjects of WORK I guess all topics regarding that subject should go on that section ... so I am continuing with readings and I truly appreciate this interest from all of you to help me to realize buffers and advices where to look and red more about the mechanics behind the mind.

It is not easy to do The Work and be in every day reality, as all of you know that already. Specially if that reality is not routine one with the evry day job that is organized by someone else. For a freelancer and the one who runs his own bussines, It is quite easy to put all daily obligations aside, and drift into readings and research, what can be than dangerous for the evryday reality stuff that we can't abandon all of a suden. For me it is quite difficult to get back to the another creative work, and projects I do for living, from the same point as it was before I started to get more into the Work. So for me bouncing helping a lot to keep space inbetween open, and enthusiasm and need not to give up and at least to be with it every day one hour, and gradualy to open up a peaceful "place" and time where I will be able to be concentrated on Work and life on the same level, so that I don't feel I am going to loose my mind.

thank you one more time! ... and I hope to have here on this forum supportive, safe and trustful and understanding "teachers" and guides through that process.

:lkj:

Attachments

• THEWorkBook1.jpg
    THEWorkBook1.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 119
  • THEWorkBook2.jpg
    THEWorkBook2.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 119
  • THEWorkBook3.jpg
    THEWorkBook3.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 118
  • THEWorkBook4.jpg
    THEWorkBook4.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 119
solarmind said:
Thank you all for participating and giving directions to another way of thinking. This was one interesting experience.
As we went to the more accurate subjects of WORK I guess all topics regarding that subject should go on that section ... so I am continuing with readings and I truly appreciate this interest from all of you to help me to realize buffers and advices where to look and red more about the mechanics behind the mind.

It is not easy to do The Work and be in every day reality, as all of you know that already. Specially if that reality is not routine one with the evry day job that is organized by someone else. For a freelancer and the one who runs his own bussines, It is quite easy to put all daily obligations aside, and drift into readings and research, what can be than dangerous for the evryday reality stuff that we can't abandon all of a suden. For me it is quite difficult to get back to the another creative work, and projects I do for living, from the same point as it was before I started to get more into the Work. So for me bouncing helping a lot to keep space inbetween open, and enthusiasm and need not to give up and at least to be with it every day one hour, and gradualy to open up a peaceful "place" and time where I will be able to be concentrated on Work and life on the same level, so that I don't feel I am going to loose my mind.

thank you one more time! ... and I hope to have here on this forum supportive, safe and trustful and understanding "teachers" and guides through that process.

:lkj:

This is true Solarmind: the contrast or friction between living a "normal" life and contemplating and practicing 'Work' concepts can be difficult. But it is an essential part of the '4th way':

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=1

4th Way - Generally, the term refers to a body of teaching on the possible spiritual development of man, introduced to the Western culture by George Gurdjieff in the first half of the 20th century. P. D. Ouspensky, a contemporary and student of Gurdjieff, has brought many aspects of the teaching to a condensed form in the book 'In Search of the Miraculous.' Within the 4th Way teaching, the term 4th Way is a path of spiritual development set apart from the 3 traditional ways, these being the Way of the Fakir, emphasizing the mastery of the physical body, the Way of the Monk, emphasizing mastery of emotions, and the Way of the Yogi, which emphasizes discipline of the mind. These different ways or approaches to spiritual development generally correspond to the three types of man, see 'Man'

The 4th Way differs from these in that it seeks to simultaneously develop all three sides and to do so in the environment of ordinary life, whereas the three first ways all require from the beginning a complete abandoning of daily life and a seclusion into a monastic environment.

So the idea is NOT to separate "normal" life and esoteric pursuits, but to combine the two: to use the conditions of "normal" life to remind us of our mechanical nature. I hope you get a chance to read "strangers to ourselves" or "thinking fast and slow".

Perceval said:
This is true Solarmind: the contrast or friction between living a "normal" life and contemplating and practicing 'Work' concepts can be difficult. But it is an essential part of the '4th way':

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=1

4th Way - Generally, the term refers to a body of teaching on the possible spiritual development of man, introduced to the Western culture by George Gurdjieff in the first half of the 20th century. P. D. Ouspensky, a contemporary and student of Gurdjieff, has brought many aspects of the teaching to a condensed form in the book 'In Search of the Miraculous.' Within the 4th Way teaching, the term 4th Way is a path of spiritual development set apart from the 3 traditional ways, these being the Way of the Fakir, emphasizing the mastery of the physical body, the Way of the Monk, emphasizing mastery of emotions, and the Way of the Yogi, which emphasizes discipline of the mind. These different ways or approaches to spiritual development generally correspond to the three types of man, see 'Man'

The 4th Way differs from these in that it seeks to simultaneously develop all three sides and to do so in the environment of ordinary life, whereas the three first ways all require from the beginning a complete abandoning of daily life and a seclusion into a monastic environment.

So the idea is NOT to separate "normal" life and esoteric pursuits, but to combine the two: to use the conditions of "normal" life to remind us of our mechanical nature. I hope you get a chance to read "strangers to ourselves" or "thinking fast and slow".

Yes I got and started to read from the book "Stranges to ourselves", and so far http://thecasswiki.net/ is my great ressource and starting reference point ... thank you! Yes I know that integration is important part and that is not easy to achieve it in balanced way, but it is a great challenge and improvement, even small, is just so revarding ... :)

Back
Top Bottom