Behind the Headlines: British Terror in Ireland, Interview with Anne Cadwallader

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
This week on 'Behind the Headlines', we're interviewing British journalist, author and human rights advocate Anne Cadwallader about UK government collusion with terrorism in Ireland.

Cadwallader is a former BBC and RTE journalist who has written extensively on the Northern Ireland conflict for media outlets like Ireland on Sunday, the New York Irish Echo, Reuters News Agency, and others. Using her deep understanding of the conflict, she has dedicated herself to helping bereaved families discover more about the circumstances in which their relatives were killed, and has campaigned for an Agreed Truth Recovery Process for all those who lost family members during 'The Troubles’.

To this end, Anne has worked with the now-suspended Historical Enquiries Team, the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland, and the Serious Crime Review Team of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. Perhaps her most important work however has been as a researcher with the Pat Finucane Center (PFC), an Armagh-based human rights advocacy and lobbying organisation. One of the core activities of the PFC is to research and document individual cases of death during the conflict.

As a result of her work in this regard, Anne wrote the book Lethal Allies: British Collusion in Ireland, published by Mercier Press of Cork in October 2013. This ground-breaking work, which lays bare the fact of British collusion in Ireland, has sold 17,000 copies to date, and has been reprinted seven times.

We're live this Sunday August 2nd, from 2-4pm EST / 8-10pm CET / 7-9pm GMT, for an interview you won't hear or see on British mainstream media, nor any mainstream media for that matter.

Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to this interview. I wonder is she can shed any light on the alleged involvement of MI5 with the Kincora Boy's Home abuses?

Anam Cara said:
Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to this interview. I wonder is she can shed any light on the alleged involvement of MI5 with the Kincora Boy's Home abuses?

Don't think that was within her remit or area of research. Maybe we'll try and find and interview someone who deals with that topic.

Really looking forward to this one too! Hopefully everyone will get the word out; it sounds like it'll be quite a show.

Perceval said:
Anam Cara said:

Don't think that was within her remit or area of research. Maybe we'll try and find and interview someone who deals with that topic.

Ok, thanks.

For those not too familiar with the topic of 'British Terror in Ireland' these links may be insightful:

http://www.sott.net/article/298094-Collusion-British-government-murder-of-civilians-in-Northern-Ireland-Documentary

http://www.sott.net/article/245044-The-British-Empire-A-Lesson-In-State-Terrorism#

And for those interested, All about: Kincora boys home cover-up - _http://theukdatabase.com/uk-child-abusers-named-and-shamed/childhood-abuses/uk-childrens-homes-crisis/kincora-boys-home/

Thank you so much for this excellent show, Niall and Joe. :flowers:
Growing up I never understood what this so-called conflict in Northern Ireland was about, protestants against catholics??, at least that is what we were told by the Dutch media. It is truly gratifying to be able to learn more about Ireland after all this time. I will definitely order Anne's book.

A friend of my mother's was killed in one of these so-called IRA bombings in London during the seventies. I didn't know her very well, but I have been thinking about her death after watching the documentary 'Collusion' which was posted on SOTT a few weeks ago.

BTW, I agree with Anne, from what I have seen the English are pretty racist where Irish people are concerned. When I worked in the UK I had a few Irish colleagues and friends who told me about their experiences with their English pupils.
I was pretty gob smacked (I was still pretty naive) when I heard an otherwise lovely young black boy repeat what his mum thought of the Irish, which was clearly racist IMO.
The film makers of the Irish movie 'The commitments' actually stated in their film that the Irish people were the 'white -homies- of Europe'.

Thanks guys for a very interesting show, and to Anne who is a courageous, knowledgeable and articulate woman doing such meaningful work. Great job Relic too! :)

As was mentioned, the template or strategy used in Ireland is a proven technique for psychopaths in power, whatever their cloak of nationality / religion. Shows like this are a crucial reminder of this modus operandi and the importance of looking behind and beyond official narratives! 'Ireland' is a microcosm of the planet in a sense, so this show and the others relating to this country are of tremendous value to everybody.

The two SAS men caught red-handed in Iraq with guns and bombs posing as locals was a perfect example of one aspect of this MO - it really doesn't get any more obvious than that! Imagine all those times when these operatives / murderers do not get apprehended!

I am glad the collusion of the Irish government / media was spoken of also. The propaganda was such in the Republic of Ireland when I lived there in the 1980's, that generally any support for Bobby Sands / hunger strikers and the nationalist movement was uttered in hushed tones, for fear of being labelled a 'terrorist sympathizer'.

At that particular time though, what evidence was there circulating in public regarding collusion? I can't recall any. As the 'regime-changers' are doing just that - now - the few who strive to disseminate the Truth have / will always be playing catch-up. When such evidence does exist, and the time for choices become available - the disingenuous majority still continue to ignore it, as most really don't care enough or are not prepared to sacrifice their 'sacred cows' / comfortable, illusory lifestyle imo. But a tiny minority do choose to align with Truth, in such a 'window of opportunity' - and who knows what effect that has. At the very least, it is opting to be more 'human' I feel, and to live with a greater degree of integrity.

Back
Top Bottom