Russia and Putin

I am with you Scottie. Putin is simply just heads and shoulders above the rest. He has in addition some great statemen like people around him such as Lavrov. And not to forget that on top of the psychos in the Western world that he has to deal with, there are also all the Atlantist crowd in Russia, who are doing what they can to undermine Putin, so it is by no means plain sailing on the home front either.

Total respect for the man and what he is trying to do. And yet he can not do it alone. We need to do our bit to help change the world to one that is more fit for human beings with a conscience. A civilizational clash as Joe and Jack alluded to in the latest article that Joe mentioned.

Scottie said:
Laura said:
Thebull said:
Yes a an excellent article which I read earlier today. I find it astounding the skill Putin has shown in managing to avoid been pushed into conflict. Let's hope he can continue to do so as if that happens it would be catastrophic for us all.

He's practically a saint in my book. I would have to have dozens of people around me to keep me from flipping out!

It's funny, actually... I really admire Putin and I have a lot of respect for the guy because of everything he has done against seemingly impossible odds.

Then I find myself questioning this admiration and respect. I'm so used to people in power being total psycho jerks for the most part that it's like I have to find something wrong with Putin. Like, "No! He can't be THAT good!"

How sad is that?

St. Vladimir... I like it!
:lol:

Ocean said:
I would marry him at the drop of a hat! :)

Lol, he doesn't have time for a wife! I'm thinking that why his marriage failed (he was never home).

Just a note that if you plan a trip to Crimea this August, you may even meet the president. ;) Apparently Putin will be joining an expedition of the Russian Geographical Society to explore sites along the Crimean peninsula in late August. The trip will focus on areas along the Great Silk Road and sunken ships in the Black Sea. Pretty cool.

Keit said:
Scottie said:
Then I find myself questioning this admiration and respect. I'm so used to people in power being total psycho jerks for the most part that it's like I have to find something wrong with Putin. Like, "No! He can't be THAT good!"

How sad is that?

Well, he is best friends with Berlusconi. ;)

italy_berlusconi_putin.jpg

But then, who knows, maybe he is in good relations with him because Berlusconi is "what you see is what you get" type of polititian. And maybe we don't know really why. I do remember that in one of the documentaries about Putin they talked about the time in the 90's when Berlusconi came to Russia for an official visit during a hard period for him (being called a mafioso, having lawsuits, etc). And how he was impressed by Putin, who treated him with respect as if he didn't know about all the allegations. Maybe it is again more of an example of what kind of person Putin is, than anything else.

Damn, St. Vladimir, indeed! :lol:

Btw, not long ago (29th of July this year) Putin marked 1,000 years since the death of St. Prince Vladimir the Great, credited with bringing Christianity to the country during the Middle Ages. ;)

Maybe there is another reason why Berlusconi and Putin are "best friends".
Putin is not an ordinary politician, to say the least.

Before he came into power he worked as a spy for over 20 years and finally headed the FSB for over one year. So you can bet that he learned quite something, first as a spy and later as the director of Russia's intelligence agency. Putin is certainly not naive, especially when deals with people of power, otherwise he would have been gone long time ago. Thus I'm pretty sure, that Putin. more or less, already knew what america is up to, when he became president.

Remember George W. Bush? Putin also seemed to be "best friends" with him.

So lets take a look at how Putin handled Bush over the years.

In this documentary at 33:55, the relationship between Putin and Bush is discussed:

http://www.sott.net/article/296566-PRESIDENT-Putins-15-years-in-power-EN-Subtitles-VIDEO

They met 18 times in 7 years!

Maybe Putin met so often with Bush and was so much "best friend" with him, because Bush was an easy spy target (let's face it; Bush is not the smartest lamp) for Putin, to get as much valuable data as possible. Maybe Putin used his "good relationship" by "getting along with Bush very well" to open Bush up, to tell him sensible stuff?

So maybe the same is true with Berlusconi?

"The flower of safety lies within the perilous thorns: seek safety closest to danger."

His actions speak for themselves. I don't worship him but I admire him & also fear him because he has shown that he can be a very tough person. Nonetheless, him being a politician means that I'll also always retain some reservation.

All that aside, him & Russia are providing some really good counter balance to the ruling western world. I cant really say anything negative about him as I really don't know what about him can be criticized. :huh:

It begs the question of how such a person could rise to such power, especially through the path of intelligence services. You would think he'd have been spotted miles off. He must surely serve some purpose somewhere for it to have been allowed if you believe the saying that nothing significant in politics happens by accident.

Pashalis said:
Maybe Putin met so often with Bush and was so much "best friend" with him, because Bush was an easy spy target (let's face it; Bush is not the smartest lamp) for Putin, to get as much valuable data as possible. Maybe Putin used his "good relationship" by "getting along with Bush very well" to open Bush up, to tell him sensible stuff?

So maybe the same is true with Berlusconi?

"The flower of safety lies within the perilous thorns: seek safety closest to danger."

Or rather "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer".

I think Putin "gets/got along" better with people like Bush and Berlusconi because those two had rather juvenile intellects. That's not to say that Putin has such an intellect, but in the world of global politics, most of the "leaders", especially those in the West, are arrogant, predatory narcissists. Faced with that, I can't blame Putin for 'taking what he can get' and feeling more comfortable with the buffoonish, simple-minded and, in that sense, unpretentious Berlusconis and Bushes of this world.

luke wilson said:
It begs the question of how such a person could rise to such power, especially through the path of intelligence services. You would think he'd have been spotted miles off. He must surely serve some purpose somewhere for it to have been allowed if you believe the saying that nothing significant in politics happens by accident.

True, but while nothing happens by accident, the 'laws' that dictate what DOES happen are not always of human origin. There are, perhaps, universal laws that 'enforce' a certain amount of balance and free will in the universe. Putin may be one example of such a 'law'.

True, but while nothing happens by accident, the 'laws' that dictate what DOES happen are not always of human origin. There are, perhaps, universal laws that 'enforce' a certain amount of balance and free will in the universe. Putin may be one example of such a 'law'.

Ying-yang, in blackest circles there is always some white.

Scottie said:
Laura said:
Thebull said:
Yes a an excellent article which I read earlier today. I find it astounding the skill Putin has shown in managing to avoid been pushed into conflict. Let's hope he can continue to do so as if that happens it would be catastrophic for us all.

He's practically a saint in my book. I would have to have dozens of people around me to keep me from flipping out!

It's funny, actually... I really admire Putin and I have a lot of respect for the guy because of everything he has done against seemingly impossible odds.

How sad is that?

St. Vladimir... I like it!
:lol:

"YES! He can be THAT good!"

Russian president to Turkish ambassador: "tell your dictator President he can go to hell along with his ISIS terrorists, I will make Syria a 'Big Stalingrad' for him!"
http://awdnews.com/top-news/russian-president-to-turkish-ambassador-tell-your-dictator-president-he-can-go-to-hell-along-with-his-isis-terrorists,-i-will-make-syria-a-big-stalingrad-for-him

The Moscow Times-- The Russian president Vladimir Putin broke the accepted diplomatic protocols and has personally summoned the Turkish ambassador to Moscow, Mr Ümit Yardim, and warned him that the Russian Federation shall sever the diplomatic relations immediately unless the Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan stops supporting ISIS rebels in Syria, where Russia holds its last navy base in the Mediterranean sea.

The Russian president purportedly went into a long diatribe criticizing the Turkish foreign policy and its malevolent role in Syria, Iraq and Yemen by supporting Saudi-backed al-Qaeda terrorists, reported the Moscow Times, which escalated the conversation with the Turkish ambassador to a fierce polemic.

According to The leaked information obtained by The Moscow Times, the meeting between the Mr.Purin and Turkish ambassador was imbued with intense mutual resentment where Mr. Yardim has repudiated all Russian accusations, laying blame on Russia for Syria's bitter and protracted civil war. "..then tell your dictator president he can go to hell along with his ISIS terrorist and I shall make Syria to nothing but a 'Big Stalingrad' , for Erdoğan and his Saudi allies are no vicious than Adolf Hitler," replied Vladimir Putin in the 2-hour closed door meeting with Turkish emissary.

How hypocrite is your president as he advocates democracy and lambaste the military coup d'état in Egypt, added Mr. Putin, and he simultaneously condones all terrorist activities aimed to overthrow Syrian president!
The Russian president continued by saying that his country won't abandon Syrian legitimate administration and will cooperate with its allies ,namely Iran and China , to find a political solution to Syria's interminable civil war which descended the 23-million Arab nation to an utter ethnic and religious anarchy.

Russia unveils plan for anti-ISIS coalition at Doha meeting
http://rbth.com/international/2015/08/04/russia_unveils_plan_for_anti-isis_coalition_at_doha_meeting_48261.html

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has outlined a Russian initiative for the formation of a united force intended to combat the rise of ISIS militants in Syria and Iraq. However, Russian analysts say that Moscow’s proposal, presented at a meeting of foreign ministers from Russia, the U.S. and Saudi Arabia in Doha on Aug. 3, is unlikely to see support from the Americans and their regional allies.

Moscow has proposed the creation of a united front to fight against the Islamic State militant group (ISIS), which would include, in addition to the Iraqi and Kurdish forces, Syrian government troops loyal to President Bashar Assad, bringing all anti-jihadist forces together into a coalition.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov disclosed details of the Russian plan for the first time at a meeting of foreign ministers from Russia, the U.S. and Saudi Arabia in the Qatari capital Doha on Aug. 3. The plan was first mentioned by Russian President Vladimir Putin in late June of this year.

The Russian proposal aims to unite the efforts of the Syrian and Iraqi armies, Kurdish militias and other regional forces. However, the big stumbling block here is the question of the fate of the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, whom the United States and a number of Gulf States want to remove from power yet is a staunch ally of Moscow.

Lavrov said in Doha that Moscow feels that the use of “only air strikes (conducted against ISIS by U.S.-led coalition forces) is insufficient,” and that
“it is necessary to form a coalition of like-minded people, including from those ‘on the ground’ with weapons in hand fighting against this terrorist threat.”

“And that includes the Syrian and Iraqi armies and the Kurds,” he said.
According to a statement released by the Russian Foreign Ministry, the coalition against ISIS must be formed on “a coherent international legal basis,” which means only with a UN Security Council mandate.

Lavrov said that the question of Russia’s support of Assad is no longer relevant, since at recent meetings held in Geneva on the Syrian issue, “the international community, including members of the UN Security Council, Turkey, the EU, and the Arab countries, agreed to a transitional political period, and not to a regime change in Syria...”

Russian Airborne Troops chief says paratroopers ready to help Syria in combating terrorism
http://tass.ru/en/russia/812480

Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov said that help would be rendered should such a decision be made by Russia's leadership

The Russian Airborne Troops are ready to assist Syria in countering terrorists, if such a task is set by Russia’s leaders, commander of the Airborne Troops Colonel-General Vladimir Shamanov told reporters on Tuesday.

"Of course we will execute the decisions set forth by the country’s leadership, if there is a task at hand," Shamanov said, in response to a Syrian reporter’s question about the readiness of the Russian Airborne Troops to render assistance to Syria’s government in its battle against terrorism.

Shamanov noted that Russia and Syria have "long-term good relations." "Many Syrian experts, including military, received education in the Soviet Union and in Russia," Shamanov added.

angelburst29 said:
Russian president to Turkish ambassador: "tell your dictator President he can go to hell along with his ISIS terrorists, I will make Syria a 'Big Stalingrad' for him!"
http://awdnews.com/top-news/russian-president-to-turkish-ambassador-tell-your-dictator-president-he-can-go-to-hell-along-with-his-isis-terrorists,-i-will-make-syria-a-big-stalingrad-for-him

The Moscow Times--

I'm very skeptical about this story. Not only is it out of character for Putin, Moscow Times isn't a very credible source, and Gordon Duff has been spreading the story for a couple days... Can anyone find a credible source that supports it?

Approaching Infinity said:
angelburst29 said:

The Moscow Times--

I'm very skeptical about this story. Not only is it out of character for Putin, Moscow Times isn't a very credible source, and Gordon Duff has been spreading the story for a couple days...

Exactly.

Can anyone find a credible source that supports it?

Nope... I think it is a hoax

angelburst29 said:

The Moscow Times--

I'm very skeptical about this story. Not only is it out of character for Putin, Moscow Times isn't a very credible source, and Gordon Duff has been spreading the story for a couple days... Can anyone find a credible source that supports it?

I first read the article at this site:

Putin slams Erdogan on his policies in Syria
http://theiranproject.com/blog/2015/08/05/putin-slams-erdogan-on-his-policies-in-syria/

Back
Top Bottom