Alternative quantum theory

Archaea said:
At any rate, I do think that physics is just an exercise for the mind for those who are particularly inclined in that direction.

I was in no way underplaying the importance of physics (and those engaged in its study.)

I only wish I had greater comprehension of higher level physics. And that's why I pay good attention to these particular threads, even if only to get a glimpse of understanding -- from the way questions are formulated.

The Tibetan discourse on "voidness" is not appropriate for this tread. But since you asked, here's a link to some source material:

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/index.html

FWIW.

Bluelamp said:
Physics could have the same information theory structure but with different assigned characteristics. Ark here has talked about having an 8-real dim monad related to a groupoid and he currently seems interested in Wolfram's 2^8=256 rule cellular automata.

Hi Bluelamp,

You're obviously well versed in high level physics & mathematics. And I like to ask this question that I've had for some time now. (It may have no relation to your above quote at all.)

When Seth described boundaries of worlds, universes -- he made it quite clear that the distinguishing characteristics of such (worlds & universes) were derived and governed by its boundary conditions. That the outer limit sets the working foundation for the inner whole.

I thought that odd.

My own conception (common sense?) was the reverse. That inner system parameters determine outer boundary attributes. But he said "not so."

My question to you is: is there anything in the world of physics or mathematics where this Seth description fits? Are there any such systems like that? Or is our reality really like that? (And my apologies in advance -- if this is a nonsensical question.)

Thanks.

sitting said:
When Seth described boundaries of worlds, universes -- he made it quite clear that the distinguishing characteristics of such (worlds & universes) were derived and governed by its boundary conditions. That the outer limit sets the working foundation for the inner whole.

I thought that odd.

My own conception (common sense?) was the reverse. That inner system parameters determine outer boundary attributes. But he said "not so."

My question to you is: is there anything in the world of physics or mathematics where this Seth description fits? Are there any such systems like that? Or is our reality really like that?

For me that idea makes the most sense in a future boundaries attract the inner past paths kind of way either via Bohm-like quantum potential probabilities or tailored lessons for the free will. It kind of relates to the sessions about exploring the rim/loop of the cylinder in relation to time travel. You can model it in a simplified form as hyperbolic paths through the middle of a Poincare disk to different points on the boundary of the disk that pull you in different probabilistic/free will ways. The middle of the disk would be a complex spacetime/phase space of states. It's kind of the idea that the higher density states in the future are pulling you (course on the not so nice side, there would also be a return to 1st density pull).

Bluelamp said:
For me that idea makes the most sense in a future boundaries attract the inner past paths kind of way either via Bohm-like quantum potential probabilities or tailored lessons for the free will. It kind of relates to the sessions about exploring the rim/loop of the cylinder in relation to time travel. You can model it in a simplified form as hyperbolic paths through the middle of a Poincare disk to different points on the boundary of the disk that pull you in different probabilistic/free will ways. The middle of the disk would be a complex spacetime/phase space of states. It's kind of the idea that the higher density states in the future are pulling you (course on the not so nice side, there would also be a return to 1st density pull).

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

sitting said:
If the above quote from Seth is compared with Gurdjieffs Ray Of Creation then it does seem to fit IMO.
I think Mouravieff spoke of creation in terms of the self limitation of the Divine Will that's transmitted outwardly into successive 'worlds' each world being a derivative of the higher world above it. As I understand it each world is complete within itself but since each lower world is under more 'laws of Will' then the proceeding higher then the lower world is under more limitations then the proceeding higher world that created it. As I understand it all the laws of the higher world are still contained in the lower world but as a totality the lower world is more conditioned and limited and has it's characteristic limitations. A big FWIW on this since I haven't had the time to review and ponder over these ideas in a long time.

It might be that the universe (ray of creation) that's talked about in Mouravieffs books and in the book 'In Search Of The Miraculous' is one of an infinite number of universes, each universe being enclosed in a kind of 'bubble'. What I mean is that the if the universe of the ray of creation is based on the law of 3 and the law of 7 then there might be other universes based on a different set or sets of fundamental laws (numerically speaking) but I certainly don't know!

sitting said:
Bluelamp said:
Physics could have the same information theory structure but with different assigned characteristics. Ark here has talked about having an 8-real dim monad related to a groupoid and he currently seems interested in Wolfram's 2^8=256 rule cellular automata.

Hi Bluelamp,

You're obviously well versed in high level physics & mathematics. And I like to ask this question that I've had for some time now. (It may have no relation to your above quote at all.)

I thought that odd.

My question to you is: is there anything in the world of physics or mathematics where this Seth description fits? Are there any such systems like that? Or is our reality really like that? (And my apologies in advance -- if this is a nonsensical question.)

Thanks.

Perhaps it's related to the holographic principle. Basically the idea is that all the information in the universe is stored on it's 2 dimensional boundary, similar to how the information for a hologram is stored on a 2 dimensional photographic plate. The universe is then a 3D projection just like a hologram is a 3D projection. Of course, that might not be what Seth was talking about, or a simplification of it.

There's also a book by David Talbot, who's one of the electric universe guys, called The Holographic Universe: The Revolutionary Theory of Reality which talks about something similar to this.

kenlee said:
I think Mouravieff spoke of creation in terms of the self limitation of the Divine Will that's transmitted outwardly into successive 'worlds' each world being a derivative of the higher world above it. As I understand it each world is complete within itself but since each lower world is under more 'laws of Will' then the proceeding higher then the lower world is under more limitations then the proceeding higher world that created it.

As I understand it all the laws of the higher world are still contained in the lower world but as a totality the lower world is more conditioned and limited and has it's characteristic limitations.

Thank you for your thoughtful input.

Reading it carefully, I can see glimpses of how the above, indeed suggests & points to the primacy of boundaries.

And I think it's extraordinary. That the "fence" ultimately defines the nature of the "playground." And we ARE little children ... running around, playing in it. Till which time we graduate -- and move onto a bigger and better playground.

I could be wrong.

FWIW.

There's a property of crystals called pleochroism:

Pleochroism is an optical phenomenon in which a substance appears to be different colors when observed at different angles, especially with polarized light.

Here's a picture from Wikipedia:

220px-Tourmalinex2.JPG

Pleochroism of tourmaline shown by rotating a polarizing filter on the lens of the camera

The number of colours depends on the Unit cell. Another quote from wikipedia:

Tetragonal, trigonal and hexagonal minerals can only show two colors and are called dichroic. Orthorhombic, monoclinic and triclinic crystals can show three and are trichroic. For example, hypersthene, with two optical axes, can have red, yellow or blue appearance when oriented in three different ways in three-dimensional space.[3] Isometric minerals cannot exhibit pleochroism.[1][4] Tourmaline is notable for exhibiting strong pleochroism. Gems are sometimes cut and set either to display pleochroism or to hide it, depending on the colors and their attractiveness.

This what we would expect if the frequency of the transmitted light depended on the length of the unit cell (translation operator) in the direction the light was travelling. However, the lengths of the unit cells are measured in Angstroms while the wavelengths of colours are typically measured in nanometers. One nanometer is ten Angstroms so the wavelengths of colours are thousands of Anstroms.

For example, Cordierite has unit cell dimensions of:

a = 17.079 Å, b = 9.730 Å, c = 9.356 Å;

Where a, b and c are the axis lengths of the unit cell. It also has a pleochroism of:

X = pale yellow, green; Y = violet, blue-violet; Z = pale blue

Where the wavelengths of yellow, green, blue and violet are:

Yellow ~ 590–560 nm
Green ~ 560–520 nm
Blue ~ 490–450 nm
Violet ~ 450–400 nm

So the predicted wavelengths which can travel through crystals are way off. It's still possible that there exists another symmetry in the crystal with the right lengths, but the idea that the permitted wavelengths are fractions of unit cell length is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom