Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine - Stefan Verstappen kickstarter

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hi all

Some of you may be familiar with Stefan Verstappen's work, such as Defense Against the Psychopath. You can find his last interview on SoTT blog talk radio show here (check out the paradise stolen videos).

He launched a kickstarter project for an interactive musical sculpture, which people have been sharing on facebook.
There are 4 days left and needs your support to raise just over $2500 (CAD).
If 250 of you give $10 that's all that's needed! :)

Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine, Toronto, Nuit Blanche, 2015

https://youtu.be/p6ZmwGCGmog

About this project

d7ebada3316a0e03bd73ef4adcdf1715_original.jpg

Looking like a cross between an alien artifact and an ancient occult ritual, Tri-Monic requires viewers to stand in the middle of three 12 ft. tall black pyramids and sing or play an instrument.

When the pyramids detect music, they come to life with a light show and play in harmony with the player or singer standing in the center.

By interacting with this sculpture, everyone becomes a star!

Tri-Monic is the latest interactive multi-sensory art installation by Toronto artist Stefan Verstappen. It was selected by the curatorial committee to be exhibited at this year’s Scotiabank Nuit Blanche arts festival, October 3 2015.

Tri-Monic is dedicated to the memory of one of Stefan’s former band members who committed suicide last year and sends a message that when times are tough, and you are surrounded by darkness, you must express your creativity and let your light shine.

How it Works

Each pyramid is programmed to respond to a specific set of notes. When the correct note is sung or played then the pyramid tuned to that note will strobe at the same frequency and will play back the singer’s note tuned to the lower third interval. The result is that the sculpture will sing or play in harmony with the viewer!

We will provide an assortment of musical instruments on site for people to play.

Your sponsorship is needed to purchase the materials and electronics to build and exhibit this amazing high-tech sculpture.

About Nuit Blanche

Nuit Blanche (Night of Lights) is Toronto's annual free all-night public art event. The 10th edition of Nuit Blanche will light up the city and features more than 70 independent projects by the Toronto arts community.

Last year over a million people attended the festival!

fwiw this came to mind after reading through the Excited about the apocalypse thread:

Palinurus said:
Rx said:
sorry! I looked for the proper quote but can't find it- not sure exactly how the quote went or which session it was from...hopefully I'm not confusing concepts.

Hi Rx,

You got me intrigued as I distinctly remember something similar. A search yielded this:

Session August 23 2014

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
A: Psychopaths see these events as reasons to impose more controls, but that only results in more pressure and more anger which will reach a global tipping point.

Q: (Pierre) Doesn't it mean national or international revolt?

A: "Tipping points" can be other than human initiated actions.

Q: (Pierre) Cosmic reactions.

(L) Yeah.

(Perceval) Earth changes.

(Pierre) It would have been better that humans react. {Note: if humans don’t take care of their problems, the cosmos will.}

(Chu) But that makes sense like with dictatorships where people were oppressed and killed in front of other people, and still the people submitted. If it's not a cosmic type of reaction, people won't react now. They just don't have it in them.

(L) Yeah, I think the big key to what's going on here is the global nature of the repression, the killing, the suppression, you know?

(Perceval) It's linked because they say, okay, the effect of psychopaths can cause people to rise up and have a revolution. But other than that, it would be nature. It reminds me of that 2004 tsunami when they said...

(L) “If you can't create within, you create without”. When people's creativity is suppressed...

(Perceval) …it manifests externally. It was a wave of creativity that was being suppressed, and it was a wave that came in and destroyed everything, you know what I mean?

(L) Yeah.

(Pierre) There's a circle, or negative feedback loop described with the dynastic cycle {in “Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection}...

(L) That's a positive feedback loop of negative events.

(Pierre) Yeah, you're right. More earth events, more desperation, more control, more anger, and it keeps feeding itself.

The 2004 tsunami was on December 26. First session thereafter was on January 9, 2005:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20997.msg216916#msg216916 said:
Q: (L) Regarding the recent earthquake and tsunami, there is a huge buzz on the net that this was not a natural phenomenon. Some say it could have been a meteor; others say it was a US nuke; others say it was India and Israel playing around in deep sea trenches. Then there is the speculation on an EM weapon of some description. The New agers are saying it was the start of the final 'Earth Changes". So what really caused this earthquake that happened one year minus one hour after the earthquake in Iran?

A: Pressure in earth. Not any of the proferred suggestions. But remember that the human cycle mirrors the cycle of catastrophe and human mass consciousness plays a part.

Q: In what way does mass consciousness play a part?

A: When those with higher centers are blocked from full manifestation of creative energy, that energy must go somewhere. If you cannot create "without" you create "within".

Q: (L) In other words the acts of the STS consortium in trying to suppress steal and control the creative energy from those with higher centers may be the cause of their own destruction because that energy is uncontrollable. (A) Yes but they bring it on everyone's head also. (Perceval) Maybe that is their plan, after all they want to destroy the planet. (L) Yes but I don't think that people like Bush and his cronies want to destroy the planet, but then they don't know much about what goes on anyway. So, anything else on that? (A) Well we have this idea that the US, UK, Russia and France all knew about the coming tsunami and failed to tell anyone. Well, we know from some concrete evidence that the US and UK knew, but what about France and Russia who also have these capabilities with satellites etc to detect such things?

A: Indeed it was known and suppressed and do not underestimate France and Russia.

I think whatever each of us can do to contribute to the expression of creativity by flapping our butterfly wings (and donating $10 or as much as you can to things like this) is helpful to everyone osit
Stefan has a kind heart and is a great believer in human spirit and coming together in comunities, and his work speaks volumes about his understanding of the problems this world faces. So I see it as supporting the work he's produced and reaching out in a human way, allowing him to spread and inspire some of that creative spark in people.

That's an interesting connection, RedFox. I guess those energies have to go somewhere, and if not expressed it's like the body saying no, but only the world and Nature says no. I brought out my hand drums yesterday, as I just felt like playing. I haven't played them in over a year it seems. I just needed to let something out.

I cannot really sing, but try to hit notes the best I can, even if only humming. Stefan's kickstarter sounds like a great idea even if you can just carry a single note, and it may have greater effects than we could imagine!

I like the concept. The installation is very spare and not that exciting to look at. Kind of like the Void? Nothing happens unless the individual in the space initiates some sort of creative action. Plus they have to discover what is "aligned", in harmony as it were, to get a response. It's a neat idea. I've made a donation because it might get a few people thinking.

The kickstarter is being run in Canadian dollars. With the exchange rate, a $10 US donation would be worth $13 to Stefan. It would be cool to see this happen.

Here's the link again: Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine, Toronto, Nuit Blanche, 2015

Thank you for the link, RedFox. I've just decided to "sponsor" the project with a few bucks.

I remember to have worked last year on the translation into Spanish of this one:

http://www.sott.net/article/272720-SOTT-Talk-Radio-Surviving-the-Psy-pocalypse-Interview-with-Stefan-Verstappen

where I could read what a interesting person he is. I hope the project goes ahead.

Just upped my share in the campaign and want to encourage others to check the above mentioned works of Stefan (look it up on YouTube) and think whether you might spare a bit of cash to support this particular project. It deserves realization, imho.

herondancer said:
I like the concept. The installation is very spare and not that exciting to look at. Kind of like the Void? Nothing happens unless the individual in the space initiates some sort of creative action. Plus they have to discover what is "aligned", in harmony as it were, to get a response. It's a neat idea. I've made a donation because it might get a few people thinking.
I feel in a similar way about it and would really love to explore the installation myself. :cheer:
Hope the campaign will succeed.

Thank you RedFox.
Now I am an official backer of Tri-Monic, Let Your Light Shine, Toronto Nuit Blanche, 2015.
And I got a Kickstarter App too.

Thanks for posting, Redfox. Fortunately, being in Toronto, I'm going to have the opportunity to see Tri-Monic in person! I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll try and bring some sort of recording device and post some videos here.

Time to get those singing chops up to snuff!

Thanks for posting this, Redfox! Reading the excerpts you provided got me thinking about what it means to express ourselves creatively and how essential it is to do that, like Stefan is doing with Tri-Monic (it's a nifty and original idea) and how he is trying to encourage others to utilize and express their creative potential through art and music. I came up with a chorus last year that's been collecting dust, but does, in a roundabout way, connect to what Stefan talked about in the intro video, and I was inspired to start writing verses for it today. Hopefully I get to play and sing it at Nuit Blanche.

anka said:
Just upped my share in the campaign and want to encourage others to check the above mentioned works of Stefan (look it up on YouTube) and think whether you might spare a bit of cash to support this particular project. It deserves realization, imho.

Same here. It would be great to see the campaign meet it's goal.

Pledged CAD 10 - would have pledged more, but all other pledges up to CAD 75 are off-limits for Ozzies - would have like to get his book.

nicklebleu said:
Pledged CAD 10 - would have pledged more, but all other pledges up to CAD 75 are off-limits for Ozzies - would have like to get his book.

Really? That's odd. Have you tried logging back into the kickstarter campaign? There is an option available where you can change the amount you originally pledged.

Turgon said:
nicklebleu said:

Really? That's odd. Have you tried logging back into the kickstarter campaign? There is an option available where you can change the amount you originally pledged.

Did that and lo and behold! - pledged more (but still won't get the book - only ships to US, Canada and EU) ...

Thanks for bringing this worthwhile project to our attention Redfox. I hope the contributions help to bring the project to fruition. Didn't realise for pledging you received a gift, a nice surprise :) now I need to make time to listen to the radio show.

Well, there are
33 backers

and:

$2,499 pledged of $5,000 goal

Which is half the amount and 4 days to go. Hopefully, we have more forum members who appreciate Stefan's work who will kick in a pledge ASAP.

Thought I'd copy one of Stefans FB posts here, because I feel this sums up things.
Hi All

This art installation {refering to the 'Snuff Pupperts art' video} starts off with a giant puppet getting smashed in the head with a giant brick. The puppet then starts to decompose while giving birth to giant a baby, a tit and a penis that pisses on audience members, It's heart is then ripped out and it's disemboweled.

While it's clever the way they did this, I personally find it pretty dark.Even the name Snuff Puppets, And here's the kicker, they received 5.8 $$Million Dollars in funding!!!

This is why I want to send a positive message with my art installation. I'm tired of the fascination with death, decay, and perversion. How about hope, music, and light?

Attachments

• stefan.jpg
    stefan.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 404
Back
Top Bottom