Facebook blocking Russian, SoTT & Health Pics ?

I apologize if this is the wrong section to post in; was unsure but it seems CoIntelPro to me ....

Has anyone noticed that posts from SoTT , RT , any Russian sites , and even an Iodine pic have been blocked from their pictures showing ? The posts shared are there, but no pics. Initially thought it was my internet, but all other pictures and posts appear, it is just conspicuously from these types of sites.

I have attached 3 examples of what I mean ... maybe someone can clarify or confirm this ?

Attachments

• Facebook 1.JPG
    Facebook 1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Facebook 2.JPG
    Facebook 2.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Facebook 3.JPG
    Facebook 3.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 176
Facebook has sometimes delays in loading images, but I think it is Java related, not censuring. Also I was having longer loading times for facebook when using latest version of Firefox (for some reason . . .) so I reverted to version 36.00 and it works better now.

Try to refresh, download latest version of Java and flash player, or maybe you can even try some other browser (there are choices now even on the phones), also check your settings on the facebook and in the browser.

BTW Website in cyrillic is Serbian not Russian.

Laura shares a lot of the SOTT articles on her FB and sometimes I notice that when she shares them, certain articles don't show the picture & title of the shared article. It'll just say "sott.net" and if you click on it, itll go to the article. I just always found it weird that sometimes it wouldn't actually show what she's sharing. Maybe that is what your experiencing or maybe it is just a browser issue.

Maybe it is a temporary issue , I have checked again and now all is showing pictures etc. I initially posted because it was only the SoTT and Russian stuff , all other pictures, etc were loading fine. I scrolled down quite far this morning to check and that is why I posted this. Very weird, sorry about this - it was probably nothing.

There is a solution, I used it when the picture does not appears. It takes more time but I will always post with a picture and the title. Go to this page and debug the article. That's the solution, for me anyway. ;)

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

loreta said:
There is a solution, I used it when the picture does not appears. It takes more time but I will always post with a picture and the title. Go to this page and debug the article. That's the solution, for me anyway. ;)

This is the solution. Sometimes things aren't just right for FB and if you go to the url linked by loreta, this will clear things up. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE DEBUG BUTTON MORE THAN ONCE - SOMETIMES 3 OR SO TIMES TO GET THE CORRECT IMAGE.

It will not change what is already posted, but any new posts will have the correct information.

Nienna said:
loreta said:

This is the solution. Sometimes things aren't just right for FB and if you go to the url linked by loreta, this will clear things up. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE DEBUG BUTTON MORE THAN ONCE - SOMETIMES 3 OR SO TIMES TO GET THE CORRECT IMAGE.

It will not change what is already posted, but any new posts will have the correct information.

Exactly! some times I have to click 2 3 times before the picture appears. The picture is so important and the title.

Nienna said:
loreta said:

This is a rather annoying problem. But when you think about it, it's not surprising. Facebook has gajillions of users, and we all want instant response times and for everything to just work. That's a tall order, even with FB's mountains of servers. Then again, Google+ doesn't have this problem! ;)

I suspect that as more and more people share SOTT content, FB pays more attention to SOTT and gives our content higher priority when scraping content to post articles on FB.

The good news is that our SOTT stats continue to climb (5.2 million unique visitors in the past month), and FB is still a source of LOTS of traffic for SOTT.

So, well... We just have carry on, and put up with the nonsense to get the benefits!

Scottie said:
I suspect that as more and more people share SOTT content, FB pays more attention to SOTT and gives our content higher priority when scraping content to post articles on FB.

The good news is that our SOTT stats continue to climb (5.2 million unique visitors in the past month), and FB is still a source of LOTS of traffic for SOTT.

So, well... We just have carry on, and put up with the nonsense to get the benefits!

Yeah, isn't it great when they hoist themselves on their own petard. And so frustrating for them too. But, you know how it is. The 'powers that be' are idiots. Even when they think they aren't.

Back
Top Bottom