Coordinating alien arrivals....

Cyre2067

The Living Force
So I had this weird dream this morning which stuck with me so I thought I'd throw it up on the forum.

What I remember is being in orbit around Mars, I was in an office like building with a view of the red planet below. I was given a task, not sure by who and left at a tan rounded desk. There were these blueish plastic cards about the size of a credit card, longer than they were wide, laid out on the desk. There was also a notebook with red binding.

So each of the cards indicated a particular race or group and the book had a list of locations in the solar system. My job was to contact each group and let them know where they were supposed to make base. It was relatively simple, I just flipped open the book and there were entries for each group. The only one I remember were the 'elementals', but there were others and the number 9 stuck in my head.

So I'd pick up the blue card, tap it to my forehead and I could think to the appropriate representative. I went down the list, chatted with each group, and the conversations seemed terribly normal. One of them was particularly chatty and gave the impression of being 'new'. It didn't seem to have a gender, and it was asking me about what I was doing - how many other races were there - and that's when I counted and mentioned there were 9 total that I was directing. That seemed to excite it and he was like 'wow I'd really like to see all their different ships.'

And that was it.

I've been re-reading the wave, and I just finished Karla Turner's Into The Fringe, so it could have just 'been a dream' - but it was clear enough and felt real. I also thought it was strange that I just went through the motions as if what I was doing was totally normal. Given all else that's happening in the world, I thought the timing was strange enough to merit mention here.

Back
Top Bottom