My music!

Perri475

Jedi
Well, as I dig further and further into The Wave series I keep feeling more and more compelled to become more active on the board! Truth be told I'm very anxious towards meeting new people... So I figure I'd share the work that's ''finished'' to some degree in my brain (there isn't a whole lot, sadly).

This is a project that me and my best friend/roommate started in total isolation. The town we came from was filled with very toxic people (as I'm sure all are) that ultimately have an 'agenda'. So us not having an ultimate agenda (IE just actually being friends) ended up alienating us from other groups of people we'd generally hang out around. Besides that we had no money and were on the verge of being homeless. Well, the full album never got recorded (very long story short: we had to move from VA to NC otherwise we would've faced eviction. The person who drummed on these recordings offered us a place to live, but was a literal psychopath who almost made us homeless). So about 4 songs are missing from this whole ''piece'', but I'm still very happy with the work Jon and I put into this.

Instrumental ''post-rock'', drone metal
http://lunekiri.bandcamp.com/

Here is a collection of ''singer-songwriter'' and instrumental acoustic guitar stuff I rarely share with people.. This music is/was made as a means to cope with my anxiety, depression, and gender-dysphoria. There's really not much to say about it accept I was very sad when I recorded these songs haha!

https://perrycreath1.bandcamp.com/

Sheesh I always hate doing this. Sharing my music feels weird, but I guess I put it on the internet for a reason!

PS. Musicians alike please share me your music! I would love to listen. It's very cliched sounding, but music has been the passion driving my life for a long time now and that doesn't seem like it's stopping any time soon :)

Perri475

I like the band, love your guitar playing and absolutely adore your solo stuff! It reminds me of a lot of my favourite bands and artists: This Town Needs Guns, John Frusciante, later Radiohead, Kate Bush, Bat For Lashes, Jeff Buckley, The Cure, Placebo.

Thanks very much for sharing! Great way to start my day :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed, TC! I've actually seen this town needs guns haha they were wonderful live. Radiohead and Jeff Buckley are two of my biggest influences, actually! I'm not the biggest RHCP fan, but Frusciante is one of my favorite current guitar players. I really likes his solo music (as well as some The Mars Volta tracks he's featured on). I've always liked Kate Bush's music, but I've never really known where to start.. Where would you suggest?

Thanks lots for sharing Perri475, i really liked your solo stuff :) It also reminded me off Radiohead.

It's a great way to cope with all the things going on in your life, don't leave it!! And keep us noticed when you do something new :)

Well, I haven't felt like making solo music in a while! The positive feedback is motivating me though. It is really is to just plug in a mic and start playing.. I will share (and I'm motivated to record more now, recording a guitar and vocals is a cakewalk compared to a full band. I just got caught in a rut of depression, which of course causes me to stop the flow of the thing that let's me sort out and organize my thoughts. I will share when I record more :)

Perri475 said:
I'm so glad you enjoyed, TC! I've actually seen this town needs guns haha they were wonderful live. Radiohead and Jeff Buckley are two of my biggest influences, actually! I'm not the biggest RHCP fan, but Frusciante is one of my favorite current guitar players. I really likes his solo music (as well as some The Mars Volta tracks he's featured on).

Yeah, I was thinking of albums of his like Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt, Inside of Emptiness, Curtains etc.

I've always liked Kate Bush's music, but I've never really known where to start.. Where would you suggest?

Maybe start with Aerial, actually. It's one of her later ones but it's just gorgeous. And then check out The Kick Inside and Hounds of Love and go from there.

[added]
It is really is to just plug in a mic and start playing.. I will share (and I'm motivated to record more now, recording a guitar and vocals is a cakewalk compared to a full band. I just got caught in a rut of depression, which of course causes me to stop the flow of the thing that let's me sort out and organize my thoughts. I will share when I record more :)

It's funny, because with me it's the opposite. I always end up writing songs when I'm in a bad place as an act of catharsis :)

T.C. said:
It's funny, because with me it's the opposite. I always end up writing songs when I'm in a bad place as an act of catharsis :)

Well, that's the end result (when I do write), but it's just been hard to motivate myself lately. The catharsis is wonderful, because I believe it comes from somewhere.. pure. It's like putting pure conscious effort put into painting time, the illusion that restricts us. To me music is very similar to graffiti in that way.

I have since started another band with two of my very close friends and I like what we have been writing so far. So I'm making sure not to fall out of line with that, because it's nice to revive an old chemistry (I learned to play music with these guys) :).

Do you write music, T.C?

Ps. thank you for the suggestion, I think Kate Bush will fit my day's mood perfectly!

Perri475 said:
Do you write music, T.C?

I have done, but not for a while now. So much reading to do! lol :)

Ps. thank you for the suggestion, I think Kate Bush will fit my day's mood perfectly!

You're welcome!

T.C. said:
I have done, but not for a while now. So much reading to do! lol :)

Tell me about it! I'm currently juggling The Wave v.3, In Search of the Miraculous, and Le mystère des cathédrales. I never thought I'd be diving into such dense reading (to me at least) with this much ferocity! It is really strange how the puzzle pieces start putting themselves together when you finally start looking for them.. Laura wasn't kidding, your life does become the answer to your burning questions! T

I don't like ''forcing it'' so to say when it comes to making music, so in the mean time I'm going to focus on my studies. I'm interested to see how all this reading effects my creativity

Hello everyone, I've been a bit of a hermit lately.. I have been reflecting on myself trying to heal and detach from my shortcomings and programming. During this whole time I was praying asking to help me channel my stress(es) into something meaningful because I felt I was in the middle of a very deep depression. Long story short I unintentionally started writing a record that's now half way done! I could not find other people to play with so I gave a shot at writing bass, drums, and mixing/recording for the first time (I normally only write guitar parts). Here are mastered instrumental tracks for anyone who is interested.

I'm not quite sure what genre it falls under, but probably rock would translate it the best. Thank you for listening.

I am no sound engineer or producer! I think it sounds o.k. but I have a lot to learn about in regards to frequency spectrum and music compression. I am just happy to be doing what I love again.

https://soundcloud.com/brcklts/sets/mastered-instrumentals/s-gQ1CR

Thanks for your music, Perri... I like it very much... I love the atmosphere of the songs, although it is a little dark..

As the C's say, we have to cross the valley of darkness ;) ... before the light ! ;D

Perri475 said:
Well, as I dig further and further into The Wave series I keep feeling more and more compelled to become more active on the board! ....

Sheesh I always hate doing this. Sharing my music feels weird, but I guess I put it on the internet for a reason!

....It's very cliched sounding, but music has been the passion driving my life for a long time now and that doesn't seem like it's stopping any time soon :)

Totally relate to all this. The part about being reluctant to share/that it feels weird especially. It IS weird. Well, it feels that way to me too. There is this desire to share; to give; to pay back from all I have been given. And also almost a need to pay back; for all I have taken. To 'make up' for all the STS past lives and present life behavior. It is cleansing and yet I resist it. Almost like being too self-effacing. Not wanting to be self-promoting because it seems so ... egocentric and STS-ish. Sigh. Is this somewhat how it is for you?

Back
Top Bottom