RationalWiki is neither rational nor accurate! Buncha Loonies!

It really is so badly written (reads like a rant) and blatant in it's desperation to prove quackery; if I didn't know about Laura's work, I think this article would DRAW me to check it out rather than deter me. Carnival barkers.

I don't get how it's going to affect anyone, did anyone Google Laura before reading her stuff?

Scottie said:
That's it in a nutshell, methinks.

I'm reminded (painfully) of those I have had to deal with who love to point out how:

[list type=decimal]
[*]You can't believe everything you read on the internet, because facts are important and some people are crazy
[*]If you want to debunk something, just quote some "good" wiki or other site like Snopes
[/list]

I mean, how does one respond to that? You can't even point out how contradictory they are being in their thinking, because that's just proof that they're right and you're wrong, even though it isn't at all in reality.

:umm:

Yeah, you just can't reason with these guys. A very good example of this is a live discussion between Ruppert Sheldrake and Prof Lewis Wolpert (available as an audio recording here, very enlightening). Wolpert is - quite tellingly - former chairman of the Committee on the Public Understanding of Science. When confronted with a lot of evidence for psychic phenomena, his only "argument" was that these studies weren't published in one of the few "renowned" scientific journals - he basically just cried "but the authorities say it cannot be! So it cannot be!" Incredible. The guy probably would have cheered at the burning of Giordano Bruno, if he had lived in another time!

I can highly recommend Sheldrake's book "The Science Delusion", where he brilliantly destroys the materialist world view - turns out it is *extremely* contradictory and just plain stupid. It will arm you with some simple arguments against people like Wolpert and the "rational wiki" guys too, though it's unlikely they will listen...

Archaea said:
I don't get how it's going to affect anyone, did anyone Google Laura before reading her stuff?

I didn't and I suppose that anyone who's invested any kind of effort into finding out what this forum and Laura's writings are about wouldn't even take it seriously to begin with.

BUT, I've discovered that this website does put some people off who'd otherwise read on. I've tried to familiarize friends and family with concepts discussed here, such as psychopathy and the ketogenic diet. Sometimes I'd refer them to either the website or the forums. To my dismay, I'd often find an e-mail in my inbox with the link to the article on RationalWiki. Reading that article caused them to not want to read anything published here.

It doesn't help that when you google laura knight-jadczyk, the RationalWiki article comes up first, even before Laura's blog or the forums here.

The tone of the article is similar to the one on Encyclopedia Dramatica, a satirical website. It probably appeals to the same crowd, as it utilizes so many offensive words that it is clear they are used for their shock value; i.e. simultaneously draw attention(note how google's preview of websites shows you the first sentence on the RW article which is "Laura Knight Jadczyk (hereafter referred to as LKJ) is a batshit insane blogger and crank") as well induce negative emotions before a new reader even begins to start reading articles here.

This will not deter people who are earnestly looking to learn something of value, but slightly disinterested people who've just been introduced to the topics here might be scared off before they can familiarize themselves with what is actually being discussed here.

And, in my opinion, that is just the purpose of that cointelpro article.

[quote author=Eulenspiegel]BUT, I've discovered that this website does put some people off who'd otherwise read on. I've tried to familiarize friends and family with concepts discussed here, such as psychopathy and the ketogenic diet. Sometimes I'd refer them to either the website or the forums. To my dismay, I'd often find an e-mail in my inbox with the link to the article on RationalWiki. Reading that article caused them to not want to read anything published here.[/quote]

In that case I would consider them not sincere at all. The description in ''Rationalwiki'' of Laura’s work and her true work aren’t even comparable. Finding that out should be incredible easy for every true truth seeker. People who are easily swayed by hearsay don’t fit here anyhow.

Sincerity is rare and also requires work to fully crystallize. People who are led by hearsay are most likely just trying to search for excuses to discredit material that does not fit their belief system.

Most time spend on those people regarding truth seeking is totally wasted. It may also be not helpful from them either, strategic enclosure requires a certain understanding of external consideration in order to pass out information they are ready for. It’s a deli quite process.

- Maybe this can be useful: Strategic enclosure: http://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Strategic_enclosure

bjorn said:
[quote author=Eulenspiegel]BUT, I've discovered that this website does put some people off who'd otherwise read on. I've tried to familiarize friends and family with concepts discussed here, such as psychopathy and the ketogenic diet. Sometimes I'd refer them to either the website or the forums. To my dismay, I'd often find an e-mail in my inbox with the link to the article on RationalWiki. Reading that article caused them to not want to read anything published here.

In that case I would consider them not sincere at all. The description in ''Rationalwiki'' of Laura’s work and her true work aren’t even comparable. Finding that out should be incredible easy for every true truth seeker. People who are easily swayed by hearsay don’t fit here anyhow.

Sincerity is rare and also requires work to fully crystallize. People who are led by hearsay are most likely just trying to search for excuses to discredit material that does not fit their belief system.
[/quote]

I think so too. If people are curious for truth and stumble upon a clearly loonie page like that, they'd at least make the effort to research and discover what is true.

Archaea said:

There could be a problem when "friends" and family find out that someone they know is reading Laura's stuff. They usually stumble upon these defamatory sites and take the word of these as gospel no matter that these sites are so off the mark that they aren't even wrong. They could go in any direction from there; such as trying to convince the person in question of how wrong they are, to using the always popular "cult" word and trying to "save" the individual.

It is hoped that some of these people come to The Truth About the Cassiopaea "Cult" site, but who knows if they ever will continue to search for the truth after reading all of BS on these sites?

As for "did anyone Google Laura?". I did after reading the first few transcripts. I found a couple of the BS sites. After that, I reread what I had already read, plus a few more items and determined for myself that those sites defaming Laura were a bunch of BS out to defame her. As I read more and more, it was quite obvious to me what was going on.

However, those who are looking for anything bad about a person, and find it, usually don't go any farther as they stop once their "suspicions" are confirmed as many do instead of trying to find out the truth.

fwiw

Nienna said:
Archaea said:

There could be a problem when "friends" and family find out that someone they know is reading Laura's stuff. They usually stumble upon these defamatory sites and take the word of these as gospel no matter that these sites are so off the mark that they aren't even wrong. They could go in any direction from there; such as trying to convince the person in question of how wrong they are, to using the always popular "cult" word and trying to "save" the individual.

It is hoped that some of these people come to The Truth About the Cassiopaea "Cult" site, but who knows if they ever will continue to search for the truth after reading all of BS on these sites?

As for "did anyone Google Laura?". I did after reading the first few transcripts. I found a couple of the BS sites. After that, I reread what I had already read, plus a few more items and determined for myself that those sites defaming Laura were a bunch of BS out to defame her. As I read more and more, it was quite obvious to me what was going on.

However, those who are looking for anything bad about a person, and find it, usually don't go any farther as they stop once their "suspicions" are confirmed as many do instead of trying to find out the truth.

fwiw

I find that many people I meet in life are conditioned to have kneejerk reactions to any of the following click bait words: Cult, conspiracy theories, channeling, 9/11 Truth movement, false flag operations, Aliens etc.

It is for these people that these sensational articles are made. It literally triggers a "not this crap again" reaction. From what I've observed among family and friends, it works rather well to steer people off.

As for the concept of strategic enclosure, it is only recently that I've started to implement it; but the urge is still there to share, because it is not easy to watch relatives spit out US propaganda induced views on a daily basis.

Nienna, I think that there are not that many people that have enough patience and an inner drive to uncover the Truth about any given situation. That's why such articles have their effect on people that still carry around the juvenile dictionary of the world.

For those with an inclination to discover the truth, it will surely peek their interest. I know it would me. I'm not so easily fooled. STS efforts usually end up having a way of ultimately benefiting the STO cause in the long run. OSIT

I saw this page on Laura a couple years ago, but by then I was already pretty familiar with her work so I realized it was BS coming from "skeptics" who simply didn't understand it. Still, I wonder how many people look her up, come across this page, and then are turned off from actually reading the material. It's pretty sad, 'cause they're being deprived of some really important insight about our reality and how strange it actually is.

Laura said:
Well, think about it: if reading that puts a person off and does NOT make them curious to make up their own mind, maybe they aren't a good fit here? So, you could say that it does us a favor.

That's a good way to look at it. If someone just believes whatever defamation they read about you on the internet instead of actually exploring the material and making up their own mind, then chances are they're not meant to understand it in the first place, and we're better off without their participation.

I didn't and I suppose that anyone who's invested any kind of effort into finding out what this forum and Laura's writings are about wouldn't even take it seriously to begin with.

BUT, I've discovered that this website does put some people off who'd otherwise read on. I've tried to familiarize friends and family with concepts discussed here, such as psychopathy and the ketogenic diet. Sometimes I'd refer them to either the website or the forums. To my dismay, I'd often find an e-mail in my inbox with the link to the article on RationalWiki. Reading that article caused them to not want to read anything published here.

I see your points.

I remember when I first came upon Laura's work.I was 18 and by that point in my life I had already gone through Conversations with God,Bringers of the Dawn,David Icke,Alex Jones,The zeta website and a host of other half truths,misinformation and outright slander about various scientists.I remember distinctly that I was angrily browsing varying sites on channeling and alien races (i was angry because i read on some site or other that we should see being abducted from a position of empowerment and positivity) when I stumbled on an excerpt from the Wave.The format and the message were so different from the other crap I read that I decided to read some more.At the bottom of the page,prior to the link to the Cassie site,there was a warning,it read ''be careful,the author appears to be pathological :rolleyes:''.At the time I didn't know what this meant,but when I started reading the intro on the website it had a different flavor to it.It was so...logical,scientific.I immediately set out to read the wave and the rest of the site and even though I understood not even a third of what I read,it felt important.Ofcourse doubts linger as ponerological influences aren't easy to get rid of,but looking at the fruits that this work has borne I can say that this has had a very educational impact on me and re-ignited the interest in science and learning that was all but gone.

My point is that,even in ignorance,when some one is looking for answers and KEEPS looking,something like this isn't going to deter them.At least not for long as with more knowledge they may come back to it and think ''hang on,i'm familiar with these tactics,something isn't right''.So yeah,this kind of thing only filters out the chaff.

Found by an accident, searched for something else actually :D I dived so deep reading this, that I forgot what I have been searching moment ago... Yet chrome history helped me and the phrase was "The Prayer of the Soul cassiopaea".

@Laura have you known about this website? Maybe they need some revision :D

Back
Top Bottom