Killary Clinton, The Donald, or Jill Stein: The US Election

[quote author= Oxajil]I thought this was pretty good:[/quote]

I like how they just went to a Trump rally and talk with these people. I never knew they were approachable. It is also apparent that if you talk to these people as individuals. One in one. They are far more reasonable and able to listen. It’s just that people in groups can be so hysterical and even dangerous that they are in a way quite literally in a 'spell.'

And how larger the group grows. The better Trump gains control over it, the more ponerized they become. It literally transforms these people what in otherwise are just decent folks.

It seems, even in Israel, Trump is creating some notoriety, indirectly - that is.

Trump Vodka Bottles Seized in Passover Scam
http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/66226/trump-vodka-bottles-seized-passover-scam/#p7OeDxsmlXDaAOWt.97

Hundreds of bottles of Trump Vodka were seized by Israeli police for bearing phony “Kosher for Passover” labels in advance of the upcoming holiday, a police spokesperson said on Wednesday.

Police raided the storage room of “a known alcohol distributor in downtown Haifa” and found hundreds of Trump Vodka bottles with forged Passover-friendly stickers on them, the spokesperson said. Three people were detained for questioning on suspicion of having pasted the phony labels on the drink.

Vodka is typically made from fermented grain, a product forbidden on the Jewish holiday during which no leavened bread may be eaten. Trump Vodka, by contrast, is made from potatoes.

Wednesday’s raid and arrests were made following a report by the Israeli daily The Jerusalem Post exposing the Passover Trump Vodka scam.

“We discovered that instead of one of the ingredients that was supposed to be kosher for Passover, they used a different one,” the report quoted Rabbi David Silverstone of the OK Kosher certification organization.

Trump Vodka, which bears the brand of US billionaire and presidential candidate Donald Trump, has been out of business for years in most parts of the world. Nevertheless, the beverage has gained unlikely popularity in Israel for one week per year in the niche market of kosher-for-Passover vodkas.

Trump sued the Israeli company producing Trump Vodka in 2011 in a licensing dispute yet eventually settled the case. “Israel’s demand for high quality products and attraction to powerful brand names is a wonderful platform for the Trump brand,” the company said in a press release on Trump.com.

Donald Trump touted the alleged success of Trump Vodka—alongside Trump Steaks and Trump Water—in his victory speech following the Florida Republican primary in March.

“It was a successful product, which continues to be popular abroad,” Trump said of his vodka in a statement to Bloomberg on Wednesday.

With the latest pre-Passover police raid, however, a few hundred bottles of the beverage have been taken off the Israeli market.

Legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight said Donald J. Trump would have the "guts" to drop a nuclear bomb, just like former President Harry Truman and finds that cool and good :ohboy: :jawdrop::

_https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10154741889211509/

Trump agrees and likes it, of course...

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse, you end up seeing something like this.

came across a meme circulating in social media about Trump being Biff Tannen from Back To The Future movies. In fact, according to _http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/21/how-back-to-the-future-predicted-trump.html
Bob Gale, the writer of Back to the Future Part II was inspired by the Donald himself in the dystopian 1985 timeline, and he waited until 2015 to recognize it. If it's not prophetic, it's quite symbolic IMHO

https://youtu.be/S4m848bh1iY

This guy.

I have a long-time friend who is very academic, worldly, and critical. He is a staunch atheist. We met through a love of literature and were in the same boxing club. What I'm trying to convey is that we've known each other a very long time and are "brothers." I know he is not racist. Yet, my buddy supports Trump. I feel like putting the 16 oz gloves on and showing him what exactly is wrong with Trump ala Roddy Piper and "They Live," but I know that would be futile.

Spellbinding, indeed. My friend introduced me to the concept of Logical Fallacies in 1994, yet here he is supporting the absolute Champion of Logical Fallacies, Donald Trump.

So, I simply stopped talking about anything remotely related to politics with my friend because, when it comes down to it, he still believes in the system, voting, and... Donald Trump.

Bar Kochba said:
This guy.

I have a long-time friend who is very academic, worldly, and critical. He is a staunch atheist. We met through a love of literature and were in the same boxing club. What I'm trying to convey is that we've known each other a very long time and are "brothers." I know he is not racist. Yet, my buddy supports Trump. I feel like putting the 16 oz gloves on and showing him what exactly is wrong with Trump ala Roddy Piper and "They Live," but I know that would be futile.

Spellbinding, indeed. My friend introduced me to the concept of Logical Fallacies in 1994, yet here he is supporting the absolute Champion of Logical Fallacies, Donald Trump.

So, I simply stopped talking about anything remotely related to politics with my friend because, when it comes down to it, he still believes in the system, voting, and... Donald Trump.

This video hasn't been posted yet on the thread. Chances are, your friend thinks Trump will make america great again. I would personally argue that the USA was never great to begin with (no country that has been at war over 90% of its existence counts as great especially when most of those are wars of aggression). Sadly that's an argument that will offend not only Trump supporters but american's in general especially given the staple diet they receive of how great and righteous they are and have always been.

I think there is a huge amount of confirmation bias that went into making the video below and the result is that a whole part of the story is omitted. It probably represents the mental process going on in the mind's of his supporters i.e. how they see him and what they don't see or choose to ignore (i.e what is missing from the narration).

https://youtu.be/W7I92r9GqUw

Is Trump against the system? Well, the narration is built on a false premise i.e. that the USA was once great and has been taken over by 'special interests'. Yes and no regarding the special interests. Yes, wall street and money men run politics nowadays, but no, removing those money men won't magically make america great again. What makes something great or not, is whether it has a conscience or not and America never had a conscience from day 1, from when the settlers decided to rob, steal and pillage from the natives and continued to do so and expand their robbing, stealing and pillaging to other countries + even segments of its own citizenry. To me, it therefore looks like his whole campaign footing is based on a huge falsehood which only acts to re-enforce more falsehood in the mind's of those who resonate with his message. In that way, this will be the same people who will have no qualms in supporting all kinds of dastardly acts to 'get america back to being great'.... i.e. more wars, more oppressions, more discrimination etc... in the end, the system doesn't lose. Some straw money men might be thrown to the wolves as scapegoats but the system will remain solidly intact.

But, if the video is symbolic, as with that spear he threw, he might ultimately miss his supposed target.

By the way, in case you missed it, it looks like Trump's nomination is practically a done deal:

US election: Trump wins enough delegates for Republican nomination

_http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36392084

The US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to secure the party's presidential nomination.

In North Dakota on Thursday, he thanked 15 unbound delegates from the state who he said "got us right over the top".

He defeated 16 other Republican contenders and according to the Associated Press has 1,238 delegates, one more than needed.

Republicans will finalise their nomination at a convention in July.

While Mr Trump has the required amount of delegates, his nomination by a divided Republican Party is not yet secured.

If confirmed, Mr Trump will face former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, who are vying for the Democrat nomination.

On Wednesday, the New York billionaire suggested going against Mr Sanders in a TV debate in California before the state's primary on 7 June.

Mr Sanders agreed to the debate in a tweet, saying "Game on".

On Thursday, Mr Trump said: "The problem with debating Bernie? He's going to lose."

He also threw a barb in Mrs Clinton's direction, saying: "Here I am watching Hillary fight and she can't close the deal. That should be such an easy deal to close."

Earlier, the current US president Barack Obama said that world leaders "had good reason to be rattled" by Mr Trump, whose proposals he said were "either ignorance of world affairs or a cavalier attitude".

In response to that, Mr Trump told reporters in North Dakota that rattling leaders of other countries was a "good thing".

"[President Obama] knows nothing about business," he said.

"Many of the countries in our beautiful world have been absolutely abusing us and taking advantage of us.

"We're going to have great relationships with these countries but if they're rattled in a friendly way that's a good thing, not a bad thing."
Analysis: Anthony Zurcher, North America Reporter

It wasn't a matter of if, only when. With no real obstacles between him and the nomination, Donald Trump was going to cross over the magic 1,237 delegate mark at the latest by the California and New Jersey primaries on 7 June.

It must be a bit of delicious irony for the New York real estate mogul, however, that the Associated Press has declared him the winner thanks to the support of a Republican Party establishment that largely recoiled from him for most of the campaign.

Of course the nomination isn't official until the balloons drop at the Republican convention in July, but the desperate attempts of the #NeverTrump movement to throw any obstacles in his path are essentially extinguished.

While his closest presidential rivals - Ted Cruz, John Kasich and Marco Rubio - have yet to free delegates pledged to support them at the convention, Mr Trump can win the prize with or without their help.

The Republican convention in Cleveland will be the Donald Trump show, and everyone not with him will be spectators or - as his recent criticism of Republican Governor Susanna Martinez of New Mexico has shown - targets.

Yes, now that you mentioned the almost secure acquiring of the nomination don't miss to read the following also: ;)

https://www.sott.net/article/319070-Great-disturbance-in-the-Force-as-Donald-Trump-secures-nomination

Windmill knight said:
By the way, in case you missed it, it looks like Trump's nomination is practically a done deal:

Not a surprise to me. I said earlier in the thread that Trump would get it. What's more, he'll win the election.

It occurred to me today while reading a passage about scapegoating leaders in order to enable populations to deal with their suffering, that Trump is being set up this way: as a patsy scapegoat. He's the ruthless "strongman" that the American population have been programmed to want.

Hillary hasn't got a chance against this guy. And god help us, I can't decide which one is worse.

Laura said:
Windmill knight said:

Not a surprise to me. I said earlier in the thread that Trump would get it. What's more, he'll win the election.

It occurred to me today while reading a passage about scapegoating leaders in order to enable populations to deal with their suffering, that Trump is being set up this way: as a patsy scapegoat. He's the ruthless "strongman" that the American population have been programmed to want.

Hillary hasn't got a chance against this guy. And god help us, I can't decide which one is worse.

Yes, Laura, you nailed it. This definition for trump from the Urban Dictionary:

1. To have superior power over.
2. To surpass or outdo.
3. When a person says "trump," you are required to do whatever you just claimed you would do, no matter how exaggerated it was. If you don't do it, you get a spartan kick to the chest.

Considering his real name is Drumpf, how interesting it was changed to TRUMP - as in he will 'trump' whatever play is made, everyone & everything - he will be the WINNER! More than a coincidence to me and I strongly think a hidden psychological ploy w/ 'trump' playing on the subconscious of the gullible. Of course, this whole election process is a psych-opt w/ paid actors playing their assigned roles to agitate, cause fake conflict, and otherwise manipulate the viewing public.

I wonder if the original plan was to have another BUSH or CLINTON choice - something the public just couldn't stomach. BUSH went down in flames. CLINTON? It's a given that most of the populace will vote for ANYONE other than her! No matter who 'wins', the people will lose.

"The only way to win is to NOT play the game." - Wargames

How does one NOT play the game? STOP BELIEVING THE LIES!

Interesting that 1,237 adds up to 13.

I wonder if the original plan was to have another BUSH or CLINTON choice - something the public just couldn't stomach. BUSH went down in flames. CLINTON? It's a given that most of the populace will vote for ANYONE other than her! No matter who 'wins', the people will lose.

Yeah it's incredible how Trump up and stole the republican base right out from under the GOP. They are NOT happy about this, or his talk about a curtailment of a more aggressive foreign policy. I also think that establishment democrats are quite frustrated at how much of a fight Sanders supporters are putting up with Clinton, in spite of all the dirty tactics of the Clintons and the DNC. If they successfully alienate enough, many of them would probably vote Trump just to see Hillary go down in flames. Sanders and Trump supporters definitely have a lot of similarities in that they draw many disaffected people .

From journalist and GOP pundit Ben Shapiro (currently being paid to support Ted Cruz): "How Could a Trump Presidency Go Wrong? Let’s Count the Ways." Keep in mind that what's below is meant to be written as a criticism and not a compliment of the highest order.
_http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435816/donald-trump-presidency-what-would-happen-really

In response to the continued foreign-policy threat of ISIS, Trump would arrange a meeting with Vladimir Putin, brokered by Putin-friendly adviser Paul Manafort. Putin would pledge to work with Bashar Assad to fight ISIS; he has already pledged the same to President Obama. Instead, however, Assad will continue to devastate all his domestic opponents, leaving ISIS untouched.

Trump might also pledge to meet with the Iranians, who would probably flatter him and tell him that they would help the fight against ISIS so long as he pressured Israel not to move against Hezbollah or Hamas. Trump, citing his ability to make great deals and falling back on advice from advisers such as Pat Buchanan and James Baker, would try to force Israel to sit down with the Palestinian Authority. No deal would be reached, of course, but Trump would tell Israel that American aid to Israel is not worth the return. Israel’s enemies would take note and plan more aggressive action.

In other parts of the world, a President Trump would pull back American involvement dramatically. He could begin withdrawing troops from South Korea and Germany and Japan, insisting that they pay more of their own defense budget. He would merely shrug at Chinese aggression in the South China Sea — it’s far away and has no direct impact on American lives. He would almost certainly continue to cede ground to Vladimir Putin not only in Ukraine but also in Moldova and Georgia. Trump would pressure NATO allies to pick up more of the defense burden (he has already vowed to do this). NATO allies would decline to do so. Putin would then begin threatening Estonia and Latvia in an attempt to break NATO once and for all; Trump would do almost nothing in response.

Makes him sound almost like a saint in the reality-based community. I'm not holding my breath for his upholding it, but it'll be an exercise in non-anticipation.

A psychologist wrote a brilliant expose called "The Mind of Trump" here:
_http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/the-mind-of-donald-trump/480771/

In 2006, Donald Trump made plans to purchase the Menie Estate, near Aberdeen, Scotland, aiming to convert the dunes and grassland into a luxury golf resort. He and the estate’s owner, Tom Griffin, sat down to discuss the transaction at the Cock & Bull restaurant. Griffin recalls that Trump was a hard-nosed negotiator, reluctant to give in on even the tiniest details. But, as Michael D’Antonio writes in his recent biography of Trump, Never Enough, Griffin’s most vivid recollection of the evening pertains to the theatrics. It was as if the golden-haired guest sitting across the table were an actor playing a part on the London stage.

“It was Donald Trump playing Donald Trump,” Griffin observed. There was something unreal about it.

The same feeling perplexed Mark Singer in the late 1990s when he was working on a profile of Trump for The New Yorker. Singer wondered what went through his mind when he was not playing the public role of Donald Trump. What are you thinking about, Singer asked him, when you are shaving in front of the mirror in the morning? Trump, Singer writes, appeared baffled. Hoping to uncover the man behind the actor’s mask, Singer tried a different tack:

“O.K., I guess I’m asking, do you consider yourself ideal company?”

“You really want to know what I consider ideal company?,” Trump replied. “A total piece of ass.”

I might have phrased Singer’s question this way: Who are you, Mr. Trump, when you are alone? Singer never got an answer, leaving him to conclude that the real-estate mogul who would become a reality-TV star and, after that, a leading candidate for president of the United States had managed to achieve something remarkable: “an existence unmolested by the rumbling of a soul.”

Is Singer’s assessment too harsh? Perhaps it is, in at least one sense. As brainy social animals, human beings evolved to be consummate actors whose survival and ability to reproduce depend on the quality of our performances. We enter the world prepared to perform roles and manage the impressions of others, with the ultimate evolutionary aim of getting along and getting ahead in the social groups that define who we are.

More than even Ronald Reagan, Trump seems supremely cognizant of the fact that he is always acting. He moves through life like a man who knows he is always being observed. If all human beings are, by their very nature, social actors, then Donald Trump seems to be more so—superhuman, in this one primal sense.

Many questions have arisen about Trump during this campaign season—about his platform, his knowledge of issues, his inflammatory language, his level of comfort with political violence. This article touches on some of that. But its central aim is to create a psychological portrait of the man. Who is he, really? How does his mind work? How might he go about making decisions in office, were he to become president? And what does all that suggest about the sort of president he’d be?

In creating this portrait, I will draw from well-validated concepts in the fields of personality, developmental, and social psychology. Ever since Sigmund Freud analyzed the life and art of Leonardo da Vinci, in 1910, scholars have applied psychological lenses to the lives of famous people. Many early efforts relied upon untested, nonscientific ideas. In recent years, however, psychologists have increasingly used the tools and concepts of psychological science to shed light on notable lives, as I did in a 2011 book on George W. Bush. A large and rapidly growing body of research shows that people’s temperament, their characteristic motivations and goals, and their internal conceptions of themselves are powerful predictors of what they will feel, think, and do in the future, and powerful aids in explaining why. In the realm of politics, psychologists have recently demonstrated how fundamental features of human personality—such as extroversion and narcissism—shaped the distinctive leadership styles of past U. S. presidents, and the decisions they made. While a range of factors, such as world events and political realities, determine what political leaders can and will do in office, foundational tendencies in human personality, which differ dramatically from one leader to the next, are among them.

Trump’s personality is certainly extreme by any standard, and particularly rare for a presidential candidate; many people who encounter the man—in negotiations or in interviews or on a debate stage or watching that debate on television—seem to find him flummoxing. In this essay, I will seek to uncover the key dispositions, cognitive styles, motivations, and self-conceptions that together comprise his unique psychological makeup. Trump declined to be interviewed for this story, but his life history has been well documented in his own books and speeches, in biographical sources, and in the press. My aim is to develop a dispassionate and analytical perspective on Trump, drawing upon some of the most important ideas and research findings in psychological science today.

{snip}

Researchers rank Richard Nixon as the nation’s most disagreeable president. But he was sweetness and light compared with the man who once sent The New York Times’ Gail Collins a copy of her own column with her photo circled and the words “The Face of a Dog!” scrawled on it. Complaining in Never Enough about “some nasty shit” that Cher, the singer and actress, once said about him, Trump bragged: “I knocked the shit out of her” on Twitter, “and she never said a thing about me after that.” At campaign rallies, Trump has encouraged his supporters to rough up protesters. “Get ’em out of here!” he yells. “I’d like to punch him in the face.” From unsympathetic journalists to political rivals, Trump calls his opponents “disgusting” and writes them off as “losers.” By the standards of reality TV, Trump’s disagreeableness may not be so shocking. But political candidates who want people to vote for them rarely behave like this.

Trump’s tendencies toward social ambition and aggressiveness were evident very early in his life, as we will see later. (By his own account, he once punched his second-grade music teacher, giving him a black eye.) According to Barbara Res, who in the early 1980s served as vice president in charge of construction of Trump Tower in Manhattan, the emotional core around which Donald Trump’s personality constellates is anger: “As far as the anger is concerned, that’s real for sure. He’s not faking it,” she told The Daily Beast in February. “The fact that he gets mad, that’s his personality.” Indeed, anger may be the operative emotion behind Trump’s high extroversion as well as his low agreeableness. Anger can fuel malice, but it can also motivate social dominance, stoking a desire to win the adoration of others. Combined with a considerable gift for humor (which may also be aggressive), anger lies at the heart of Trump’s charisma. And anger permeates his political rhetoric.

{snip}

Fred Trump made a fortune building, owning, and managing apartment complexes in Queens and Brooklyn. On weekends, he would occasionally take one or two of his children along to inspect buildings. “He would drag me around with him while he collected small rents in tough sections of Brooklyn,” Donald recalls in Crippled America. “It’s not fun being a landlord. You have to be tough.” On one such trip, Donald asked Fred why he always stood to the side of the tenant’s door after ringing the bell. “Because sometimes they shoot right through the door,” his father replied. While Fred’s response may have been an exaggeration, it reflected his worldview. He trained his sons to be tough competitors, because his own experience taught him that if you were not vigilant and fierce, you would never survive in business. His lessons in toughness dovetailed with Donald’s inborn aggressive temperament. “Growing up in Queens, I was a pretty tough kid,” Trump writes. “I wanted to be the toughest kid in the neighborhood.”

Fred applauded Donald’s toughness and encouraged him to be a “killer,” but he was not too keen about the prospects of juvenile delinquency. His decision to send his 13-year-old son off to military school, so as to alloy aggression with discipline, followed Donald’s trip on the subway into Manhattan, with a friend, to purchase switchblades. As Trump tells it decades later, New York Military Academy was “a tough, tough place. There were ex–drill sergeants all over the place.” The instructors “used to beat the shit out of you; those guys were rough.”

Military school reinforced the strong work ethic and sense of discipline Trump had learned from his father. And it taught him how to deal with aggressive men, like his intimidating baseball coach, Theodore Dobias:<blockquote>What I did, basically, was to convey that I respected his authority, but that he didn’t intimidate me. It was a delicate balance. Like so many strong guys, Dobias had a tendency to go for the jugular if he smelled weakness. On the other hand, if he sensed strength but you didn’t try to undermine him, he treated you like a man.</blockquote>

Trump has never forgotten the lesson he learned from his father and from his teachers at the academy: The world is a dangerous place. You have to be ready to fight. The same lesson was reinforced in the greatest tragedy that Trump has heretofore known—the death of his older brother at age 43. Freddy Trump was never able to thrive in the competitive environment that his father created. Described by Blair in The Trumps as “too much the sweet lightweight, a mawkish but lovable loser,” Freddy failed to impress his father in the family business and eventually became an airline pilot. Alcoholism contributed to his early death. Donald, who doesn’t drink, loved his brother and grieved when he died. “Freddy just wasn’t a killer,” he concluded.

In Trump’s own words from a 1981 People interview, the fundamental backdrop for his life narrative is this: “Man is the most vicious of all animals, and life is a series of battles ending in victory or defeat.” The protagonist of this story is akin to what the great 20th-century scholar and psychoanalyst Carl Jung identified in myth and folklore as the archetypal warrior. According to Jung, the warrior’s greatest gifts are courage, discipline, and skill; his central life task is to fight for what matters; his typical response to a problem is to slay it or otherwise defeat it; his greatest fear is weakness or impotence. The greatest risk for the warrior is that he incites gratuitous violence in others, and brings it upon himself.
{snip}

The similarities between Andrew Jackson and Donald Trump do not end with their aggressive temperaments and their respective positions as Washington outsiders. The similarities extend to the dynamic created between these dominant social actors and their adoring audiences—or, to be fairer to Jackson, what Jackson’s political opponents consistently feared that dynamic to be. They named Jackson “King Mob” for what they perceived as his demagoguery. Jackson was an angry populist, they believed—a wild-haired mountain man who channeled the crude sensibilities of the masses. More than 100 years before social scientists would invent the concept of the authoritarian personality to explain the people who are drawn to autocratic leaders, Jackson’s detractors feared what a popular strongman might do when encouraged by an angry mob.

Donald Trump’s story—of himself and of America—tells us very little about what he might do as president, what philosophy of governing he might follow, what agenda he might lay out for the nation and the world, where he might direct his energy and anger. More important, Donald Trump’s story tells him very little about these same things.

Nearly two centuries ago, President Andrew Jackson displayed many of the same psychological characteristics we see in Donald Trump—the extroversion and social dominance, the volatile temper, the shades of narcissism, the populist authoritarian appeal. Jackson was, and remains, a controversial figure in American history. Nonetheless, it appears that Thomas Jefferson had it wrong when he characterized Jackson as completely unfit to be president, a dangerous man who choked on his own rage. In fact, Jackson’s considerable success in dramatically expanding the power of the presidency lay partly in his ability to regulate his anger and use it strategically to promote his agenda.

What’s more, Jackson personified a narrative that inspired large parts of America and informed his presidential agenda. His life story appealed to the common man because Jackson himself was a common man—one who rose from abject poverty and privation to the most exalted political position in the land. Amid the early rumblings of Southern secession, Jackson mobilized Americans to believe in and work hard for the Union. The populism that his detractors feared would lead to mob rule instead connected common Americans to a higher calling—a sovereign unity of states committed to democracy. The Frenchman Michel Chevalier, a witness to American life in the 1830s, wrote that the throngs of everyday people who admired Jackson and found sustenance and substance for their own life story in his “belong to history, they partake of the grand; they are the episodes of a wondrous epic which will bequeath a lasting memory to posterity, that of the coming of democracy.”

Who, really, is Donald Trump? What’s behind the actor’s mask? I can discern little more than narcissistic motivations and a complementary personal narrative about winning at any cost. It is as if Trump has invested so much of himself in developing and refining his socially dominant role that he has nothing left over to create a meaningful story for his life, or for the nation. It is always Donald Trump playing Donald Trump, fighting to win, but never knowing why.
I highly recommend the whole essay.

“You really want to know what I consider ideal company?,” Trump replied. “A total piece of ass.”
The Donald has made no secret of his 'admiration' for women - as long as they are attractive! I recently read that he has made comments to his own female employees about their weight - they having put on pounds - with his unabashed words to redress. He expects 'his women' to always be beautiful!

the emotional core around which Donald Trump’s personality constellates is anger: “As far as the anger is concerned, that’s real for sure. He’s not faking it,” she told The Daily Beast in February. “The fact that he gets mad, that’s his personality.” Indeed, anger may be the operative emotion behind Trump’s high extroversion as well as his low agreeableness. Anger can fuel malice, but it can also motivate social dominance, stoking a desire to win the adoration of others. Combined with a considerable gift for humor (which may also be aggressive), anger lies at the heart of Trump’s charisma. And anger permeates his political rhetoric.

"... anger lies at the heart of Trump’s charisma" and hence, why he resonates with the people - they're mad as hell and they're not going to take it anymore!

Trump is the epitome of that expressed outrage!

JEEP said:
The Donald has made no secret of his 'admiration' for women - as long as they are attractive! I recently read that he has made comments to his own female employees about their weight - they having put on pounds - with his unabashed words to redress. He expects 'his women' to always be beautiful!

Oh well... reminds me of this story:

27-year-old Nicola Thorp was sent home from a temp role with accountancy firm PwC after refusing to adhere to a high heel stipulation requested by the temp agency Portico.

A LONDON WOMAN has earned the right to not have to wear high heels to work after being sent home without pay for not doing so.

Temp agency Portico has relented following a stand off with 27-year-old Nicola Thorp and said that its female employees are entitled to wear any footwear they choose.
Thorp, an employee with Portico, was set to begin a placement at accountancy firm PwC, when she was told to leave the premises for failing to comply with the dress code.
Thorp had argued at the time that she wouldn’t be able to do her work effectively for an entire day while wearing high heels.
“When I turned up to work that day… I was told I can’t wear those shoes, that all women have to wear high heels,” Thorp told the BBC.

_http://www.thejournal.ie/nicola-thorp-high-heels-2765192-May2016/

It's a good example how the psychopathic mindset has infiltrated the system and turned psychopathic values into "corporate policy". Good for this woman to have sued 'em and won!

Came across this article, which fits into this thread, I think.
The guy who wrote it, also published a book on psychopathy, which I brought up here:

http://www.unmaskingthepsychopath.com/ said:
Political Psychopathy–The “Culture of Psychopathy” as Epitomized in the Presidential Campaign

It’s pretty amazing what we’re seeing in the 2016 presidential primary campaign.

Among other things, we’re seeing how politics itself is a culture, a breeding-ground, an enabler and encourager of some seriously psychopathic behavior. It’s gotten to the point (perhaps we’ve been there a long time, it’s just “combusted” in this campaign season) where it’s now pretty much “officially okay” to be a “political psychopath,” with no repercussions.

It seems to me we’ve reached the point where we expect our politicians to behave like psychopaths; scarier, where we view “psychopathic traits” as acceptable, perhaps necessary, and worse, even advantageous attributes of our politicians. This seems a development to which we’ve become inured, desensitized.

It’s easy, of course, to focus on a Donald Trump, who is inarguably the “pathological liar” Bernie Sanders, with sober consternation, noted he is. Trump’s “psychopathy,” incidentally, is expressive in a less “compartmentalized” form than that of most candidates’, meaning he’s really more than a “political psychopath”–he’s really just broadly, flat-out a psychopath.

In any case politics, and the “culture of politics,” have become a “safe haven” effectively sanctioning psychopathic attitudes and behaviors as, let’s be honest, “normal.” It’s reached a point where, with almost conscious awareness, we find ourselves lulled into evaluating less the substance of the candidates’ personalities and policies than how impressively, effectively, and entertainingly they can evade a responsible accounting of their record and agenda.

It’s as if we’ve become a part of their “game”–the winner being he or she who looks best, is most glib, entertaining, effectively prevaricating, cool and funny under pressure; he or she who is most deft at slipping out of dangerous corners into which he or she is being challenged to account.

Most of these politicians, to be clear, are not full-blown psychopaths in the wider sense; however, operating within their political worlds, in a “political culture” that increasingly “normalizes” psychopathy, they are nothing less than psychopathic.

Psychopaths notoriously evoke astonishment with their jaw-dropping audacity. This evoked reaction can be indicative that we are witnessing the psychopath in action. Watching these candidates disavow formerly held positions and convictions with unflappable composure; watching them repudiate legislation they once supported (or perhaps even drafted) without blinking an eye; watching them demonstrate a readiness, when the heat rises sufficiently, to “throw each other under the proverbial bus” with almost perverse relish; and watching them deny evidence thrust in their faces, which is to say deny “undeniable” realities with the chilling imperturbability of the “gas-lighter”–in each of these respects, among others, we are watching the embodiment of the psychopathic personality.

If an individual were to ask me, “So…I’m not REALLY a psychopath. At least, I don’t think so. But tell me a white-collar career I can enter where it’s really OKAY, really ACCEPTABLE, to be a psychopath…even REWARDED for being one. Because I think it could be FUN to have a career where by day I can BE a psychopath, and at night, go home and maybe be myself, which is not psychopathic (I think?)”

I’d answer, “Go into politics.”

And if that individual were to ask, “How can I prepare to be the best ‘political psychopath’ I can be? Are there texts to study? Schools to attend? How can I best prepare myself?”

I’d answer, “Go watch, and watch again, and again, the 2016 presidential debates. Study especially the Republican debates. You’ll be watching multiple ‘political psychopaths’ in peak psychopathic form. Study these men. They are the masters…the masters of psychopathy. Good luck.”

Back
Top Bottom