Killary Clinton, The Donald, or Jill Stein: The US Election

[quote author= article Jeep]into your children must be obediently accepted by parents or they should face arrest, imprisonment or gunpoint enforcement.[/quote]

Vaccines isn't just about profit. It has to be so much more. The vast majority of the population is already pro vaccine. There is no need to enforce this, in fact.
Enforcement isn't strength, it is a sign of weakness. It shows that the lies and manipulation haven't been effective enough. But it has !! To me it seems for whatever reason they desperately need to vaccinate 100% of the population.

To me it seems for whatever reason they desperately need to vaccinate 100% of the population.

Precisely that was already brought out in one of the Cs transmissions I believe. I don't know which transcript talked about it - not too long ago. Maybe someone can locate it - goyacobol? There's this from April 4, 2015, but I don't think that's the main one I'm thinking of:

Q: (L) Well, you once talked about things like vaccinations and things changing the frequency, which causes negative potentials. Does that factor into this process?

A: Yes

I used the search function and I'm not coming up w/ anything other than the above.

[quote author= Jeep]Precisely that was already brought out in one of the Cs transmissions I believe. I don't know which transcript talked about it - not too long ago.[/quote]

This one perhaps? Allthough, it’s not from recent :

[quote author= May 4-2002]Q: (B) Now, there was a discussion about psychopaths and seemingly being born that way, and a reference was made to mercury content in vaccines and Laura said that there is a distinct possibility that inoculations mentioned may directly affect the brains of infants and turn them into psychopaths. Is that a third area that needs to be pursued in our quest of learning about psychopaths?

A: Such inoculations are designed to make the nervous system more "appropriately tuned" to 4D STS "downloads" and manipulation.

Q: (A) What inoculations? (L) Childhood vaccinations. (B) High mercury content in the 18 vaccinations that a kid gets now in infancy.[/quote]

bjorn said:
[quote author= Jeep]Precisely that was already brought out in one of the Cs transmissions I believe. I don't know which transcript talked about it - not too long ago.

This one perhaps? Allthough, it’s not from recent :

[quote author= May 4-2002]Q: (B) Now, there was a discussion about psychopaths and seemingly being born that way, and a reference was made to mercury content in vaccines and Laura said that there is a distinct possibility that inoculations mentioned may directly affect the brains of infants and turn them into psychopaths. Is that a third area that needs to be pursued in our quest of learning about psychopaths?

A: Such inoculations are designed to make the nervous system more "appropriately tuned" to 4D STS "downloads" and manipulation.

Q: (A) What inoculations? (L) Childhood vaccinations. (B) High mercury content in the 18 vaccinations that a kid gets now in infancy.[/quote]
[/quote]

Hmm - maybe a timeline change can account for my perception of that missing transcript discourse . . . :rolleyes:

Thanx bjorn for the effort!

Hi JEEP,

I found a recent snippet that might be what you're looking for.

It's buried in a topic about vaccines Doctor Tent Lecture - The Autoimmune Epidemic - Vaccine Distributed Viruses and stems from session October 11, 2014.

This is the snippet in Reply #26 by Woodsman:

Woodsman said:
Okay. I finally finished my reading of "Fear of the Invisible" and was motivated to (successfully this time) buy myself a copy so I'd have it available when the library book is due back in a couple of days.

This story is bigger than I first realized. It's not just about how virology has gone wrong, but about the true role of viruses in our bodies.

In short, our cells collectively create billions of viruses as a normal means of data sharing amongst each other. The reason they are so hard to find by virology is that once they have delivered their cargo, (they travel along little highways made from strands of cellular material strung all through cell structures), the little protein vehicles break apart as the DNA delivery is absorbed into the receiving cell. The virus is effectively gone, and the coding of important bits of DNA allow an entire animal to adapt and change its own internal makeup according to changes and threats in the environment.

What struck me as potentially huge is that this means of data sharing isn't limited to single animals, but to whole species. Viruses, by design, are meant to spread valuable DNA messages and changes among whole populations, and illnesses, when they occur are not necessarily a bad thing, but evidence of the shock of a significant code change. Too much can overwhelm, and indeed, broken and alien (like monkey and bird viruses coming from eggs and mashed up monkey kidneys used as vaccine growth substrates), can wreak havoc on a system. But on the whole, the virus ecology is ongoing daily without our noticing it. Virology mistakenly describes all virus activity as pathogenic and seeks to arrest it.

The powerful anti AIDS drug AZT and others given to otherwise healthy HIV positive people effectively stops all retrovirus activity in the body, creating a catastrophic system failure, (akin to the internet going down). Cells can no longer coordinate repair and replication, and the body tissues quickly start to go necrotic, resulting in the very symptoms recognized as AIDS. It should be noted that HIV has little or nothing to do with AIDS and is simply a normal cellular activity. There are many instances of HIV positive results which are considered false positives for AIDS, and cases of AIDS where no HIV is detected. -Indeed, it struck me that receiving an HIV positive result on a blood test, (which can happen for any number of normal reasons), is akin to a death sentence by drugs for those who do not know any better and agree to be put on AZT.

Anyway... the mindblowing concept for me was that the work here, as people seek to change themselves, might on the physical level, actually require spreading DNA genetic codes through viruses!

The C's mentioned very recently an odd item which stuck in my head:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,36259.0.html

(L) Well, I think that obviously "tribal" means physiological spiritual union profile, and that that may have something to do with what we were talking about at a previous session when we asked about Caesar's soul group. Physiological spiritual union profile would be what defines what tribe you belong to, but it's a spiritual tribe and not necessarily specifically physical. You can grow into it according to some criteria... “graduate” was the term used. Am I correct here about a tribal group being like a soul group? Is that an accurate way of putting it?

A: Very close.

Q: (L) Is there anything that can get me closer?

A: In some cases there is also a supersensory component.

Q: (L) What is a supersensory component?

A: Externally driven mutation.

Q: (L) Externally driven by what?

A: Most often by the occupying soul itself.

Q: (L) So are you saying that if a soul selects a body or gets a close frequency match to a body that it wants to use, that it can also modify that body for its own purposes if it needs to and if the DNA match isn't quite to its taste or purposes?

A: Yes.

Q: (Andromeda) So our souls can cause mutations?

Q: (Perceval) Does that happen pre-birth?

A: No, it can happen once the soul is seated and as needed.

Q: (L) So, what are some of the processes that can effect this in a physical way?

A: Diet is one. Also "arrangement" to contract the needed sickness.

Q: (Pierre) So you contract a sickness because the soul wants to learn something and experience something, and it's through this sickness that this learning will occur?

A: No. The soul and its helpers wants to trigger DNA modification!

I'm still embroiled in a hard deadline project, but I intend to write extensively on this subject. It takes several hours to scan and construct essays, but I feel a very strong need now to get these notes and thoughts down. Stay tuned.

Hope I've got a hit with this one... :rolleyes:

Palinurus said:
Hi JEEP,

It's buried in a topic about vaccines Doctor Tent Lecture - The Autoimmune Epidemic - Vaccine Distributed Viruses and stems from session October 11, 2014.

Woodsman said:
Okay. I finally finished my reading of "Fear of the Invisible" and was motivated to (successfully this time) buy myself a copy so I'd have it available when the library book is due back in a couple of days.

This story is bigger than I first realized. It's not just about how virology has gone wrong, but about the true role of viruses in our bodies.

In short, our cells collectively create billions of viruses as a normal means of data sharing amongst each other. The reason they are so hard to find by virology is that once they have delivered their cargo, (they travel along little highways made from strands of cellular material strung all through cell structures), the little protein vehicles break apart as the DNA delivery is absorbed into the receiving cell. The virus is effectively gone, and the coding of important bits of DNA allow an entire animal to adapt and change its own internal makeup according to changes and threats in the environment.

What struck me as potentially huge is that this means of data sharing isn't limited to single animals, but to whole species. Viruses, by design, are meant to spread valuable DNA messages and changes among whole populations, and illnesses, when they occur are not necessarily a bad thing, but evidence of the shock of a significant code change. Too much can overwhelm, and indeed, broken and alien (like monkey and bird viruses coming from eggs and mashed up monkey kidneys used as vaccine growth substrates), can wreak havoc on a system. But on the whole, the virus ecology is ongoing daily without our noticing it. Virology mistakenly describes all virus activity as pathogenic and seeks to arrest it.

The powerful anti AIDS drug AZT and others given to otherwise healthy HIV positive people effectively stops all retrovirus activity in the body, creating a catastrophic system failure, (akin to the internet going down). Cells can no longer coordinate repair and replication, and the body tissues quickly start to go necrotic, resulting in the very symptoms recognized as AIDS. It should be noted that HIV has little or nothing to do with AIDS and is simply a normal cellular activity. There are many instances of HIV positive results which are considered false positives for AIDS, and cases of AIDS where no HIV is detected. -Indeed, it struck me that receiving an HIV positive result on a blood test, (which can happen for any number of normal reasons), is akin to a death sentence by drugs for those who do not know any better and agree to be put on AZT.

Anyway... the mindblowing concept for me was that the work here, as people seek to change themselves, might on the physical level, actually require spreading DNA genetic codes through viruses!

(L) Well, I think that obviously "tribal" means physiological spiritual union profile, and that that may have something to do with what we were talking about at a previous session when we asked about Caesar's soul group. Physiological spiritual union profile would be what defines what tribe you belong to, but it's a spiritual tribe and not necessarily specifically physical. You can grow into it according to some criteria... “graduate” was the term used. Am I correct here about a tribal group being like a soul group? Is that an accurate way of putting it?

Q: (L) So are you saying that if a soul selects a body or gets a close frequency match to a body that it wants to use, that it can also modify that body for its own purposes if it needs to and if the DNA match isn't quite to its taste or purposes?

Q: (L) So, what are some of the processes that can effect this in a physical way?

Q: (Pierre) So you contract a sickness because the soul wants to learn something and experience something, and it's through this sickness that this learning will occur?

I'm still embroiled in a hard deadline project, but I intend to write extensively on this subject. It takes several hours to scan and construct essays, but I feel a very strong need now to get these notes and thoughts down. Stay tuned.

Nice catch, Palinurus. Definitely a hit. :D

Palinurus said:
Hi JEEP,

Woodsman said:

Oh, thanks Palinurus, for that input & links to the relevant session. I definitely want to reread that one - it's quite long. Also, I believe I'm getting the GcMAF/nagalese/vaccinations thread discussion mixed up w/ this as well. It's hard to remember precisely where exactly on the forum one has read specific info especially since there is so much of it - along w/ article info on Sott. I'm grateful for the extra network of eyes & noggins!

Ben Garrison strikes again:

14072978_1800521183525214_951792252_n.jpg

JEEP said:
To me it seems for whatever reason they desperately need to vaccinate 100% of the population.

Precisely that was already brought out in one of the Cs transmissions I believe. I don't know which transcript talked about it - not too long ago. Maybe someone can locate it - goyacobol? There's this from April 4, 2015, but I don't think that's the main one I'm thinking of:

Q: (L) Well, you once talked about things like vaccinations and things changing the frequency, which causes negative potentials. Does that factor into this process?

I used the search function and I'm not coming up w/ anything other than the above.

JEEP,

I think you have already received many really appropriate and interesting replies to the vaccination question. And it is interesting that the Libertarian candidate has made this a serious campaign issue.

I will try to bring this back to the topic but as usual I did find some other Cs quotes/sessions where "100%" is mentioned that are not totally related to the election but may be of interest.

Stretching a bit for relevance, I think the 2016 election is a bit depressing so for all of us that are depressed and may go through some DNA changes:

Session 19 November 1994
Q: (V) Have you been doing a lot of soul searching? (T) I've been saying that I have been at 100%
depression
for six or seven weeks now. (L) What is causing Terry's depression?
A: Change of DNA.
Q: (T) What brought about the change in DNA?
A: Moving toward 4th level of density reality.

I am beginning to trust in the accuracy of the Cs clues more and more (maybe the crystals have a lot to do with that), especially their clue about Putin and the timeline:

Session 21 June 1997
A: Correct. Watch developments and advise post-development. C*** is skeptical of our existence. But
then again, Arkadiusz once held deeply cloaked reservations of a similar nature, and now look at him...
And by the way, this is still in process... See now what happens to C***!!
Q: Well, I should admit that I have also held my own reservations... and may still. But, there are just
some things that are so obscure that there is no way possible, even with all our reading and
experience, that either of us could have all of this stuffed away in our subconscious minds. And the
predictions and 'inside' information are beyond amazing. I guess that you guys are working at about
100% on the accuracy rating
, allowing for translational latitude and prejudice in OUR minds! So, I have
fewer reservations than before. Additionally, you seem to be able to predict the actions of others with
incredible insight, time after time... And, while on this, any more predictions just now?
A: Not needed... yet...

I did not find where the Cs said "they desperately need to vaccinate 100% of the population." but I am sure that 4D STS would love that scenario.
With that said, I think the vaccination issue is sill important to consider for the candidates' positions:

Session 6 February 2016
(L) Yeah, we've got this thing called the Zika virus. They're saying it's responsible for causing these cranial and brain malformations in babies. I'm not too sure that the Zika virus is always correlated. I haven't read any serious studies on it. It just seems to me that there are a lot of assumptions being made. Is it the Zika virus causing it? Is the Zika virus caused because of genetically modified mosquitoes, or are birth defects being caused by vaccinations?

(Galatea) What's the cause?

[Noko gets up and moves to the floor, goes back to sleep]

A: Mutations began in humans due to vaccine and then collected by mosquitoes, undergoing further mutations by combining with modifications of the insects.

Q: (L) In other words, the mutation began in the human beings. Then the mosquitoes bit them and sucked up their blood. The blood mixed with the genetic modifications in the mosquitoes, and then the mosquitoes went and bit somebody else which injected it into them? So it was a combination of the genetic modifications of the mosquitoes and the mutation of the vaccinated human? Is that what we're getting at there?

Q: (Chu) Is the virus causes these malformations?

A: At this point, yes.

Q: (L) So in other words, initial problems were probably caused by the vaccine; somebody with Zika virus who had the vaccination got a mutation, and it all mixed together into a deadly cocktail... And is this something that's a real big threat to the human race right now?

A: Not yet.

Q: (Pierre) Apparently it's a dynamic thing.

(L) It could be, and it could go some other way.

(Joe) Passed on by mosquitoes.

(PoB) I read an article, but I didn't go to the study itself. It was written by some investigative journalist. He claimed he went to the test results and this virus was discovered only in very small percentage of these families where the babies were born with deformities, like less than 10%.

(Pierre) If it's mutating a lot, are they detecting all the strains?

(L) The thing is that I think it began with the vaccine... Now the mosquitoes are picking it up and spreading it, but it wasn't that way to begin with. I think it started out as a problem because of the vaccine.

As far as Killary vs Trump I don't trust either one. Trump does say some things that sound good but I don't trust him to deliver. I do find the following negative positions:

1. He would do worse than waterboarding and harsh interrogation works.
2. The Iran deal was bad.
3. He is 100% for Israel.
4. NATO should go it’s outdated but later he says it needs to be updated to fight terrorism.
5. He endorsed John McCaine.
8. Says Putin used the N word and he was disappointed even though his rhetoric attracts many racist supporters.

As far as Jill Stein I think she would be a much better choice than Hillary or Trump. I am not sure about her running mate. I have mixed feelings about voting in a rigged and corrupt system. I haven't voted in the last 2 elections due to no viable choice for me.

I don't think Jill Stein has a chance and could only vote for her as a message to the Universe which I am not sure the Universe is asking for. :( :huh:

Thanx for your thoughts, goyacobol - pretty much on the same wavelength. I had some hope for Gary Johnson, but that's been completely dashed. I can't even imagine what a Trump presidency may entail. I do find it telling that Mike Rivero over at _whatreallyhappended.com is super pro-Trump, but has noticeably stopped declaring that we need a leader who puts America first, second, & third (as opposed to Israel's interests/benefit). Kill is out obviously. Dr. Jill has already wobbled on the vaccine issue - I seriously doubt she will take an adversarial stand re their efficacy or potential/actual harm - political suicide for sure. And that issue could be of paramount importance:

And is this something that's a real big threat to the human race right now?

A: Not yet.

I believe I have picked up on some speculation that zika could become the weapon to actualize nationwide mandatory vaccination. So, perhaps not the zika virus, but the zika vaccine will be "a real big threat to the human race".

For me, this will be an election where there won't even be the lesser of two evils.

Donald Trump accepts invitation and travels to Mexico on an official visit.

Donald Trump will travel to Mexico to meet Wednesday with President Enrique Peña Nieto. This a few hours after the Republican candidate made a speech in Arizona to clarify their views on immigration policy.

Trump this meeting with the president of Mexico, will after having vacillated for weeks about whether he would continue his immigration stance toward Mexicans living in the US and plans to deport about 11 million immigrants They are living there illegally.

Peña Nieto extended the invitation to Donald Trump, to come to Mexico and discuss various political and economic issues. Given this, Trump sensing an opportunity, decided over the weekend to accept and confirm the visit for Wednesday.

It was the same Trump who published through his Twitter account that has accepted the invitation to come to Peña Nieto country.

For its part, the Mexican government has officially confirmed the visit announced by the tycoon. In his Twitter account, the Presidency of the Republic reported that in recent days, the head of the federal executive invited both standard bearers US a dialogue on bilateral relations between the two countries and Trump is the first to accept.

caballero reyes said:
Donald Trump accepts invitation and travels to Mexico on an official visit.

Donald Trump will travel to Mexico to meet Wednesday with President Enrique Peña Nieto. This a few hours after the Republican candidate made a speech in Arizona to clarify their views on immigration policy.

Trump this meeting with the president of Mexico, will after having vacillated for weeks about whether he would continue his immigration stance toward Mexicans living in the US and plans to deport about 11 million immigrants They are living there illegally.

Peña Nieto extended the invitation to Donald Trump, to come to Mexico and discuss various political and economic issues. Given this, Trump sensing an opportunity, decided over the weekend to accept and confirm the visit for Wednesday.

It was the same Trump who published through his Twitter account that has accepted the invitation to come to Peña Nieto country.

For its part, the Mexican government has officially confirmed the visit announced by the tycoon. In his Twitter account, the Presidency of the Republic reported that in recent days, the head of the federal executive invited both standard bearers US a dialogue on bilateral relations between the two countries and Trump is the first to accept.

Donald Trump Confirms Wednesday Meeting With President of Mexico

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160831/1044799865/trump-nieta-meeting.html

US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump confirmed that he would meet President Enrique Pena Nieto on a surprise quick visit to Mexico on Wednesday.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that Trump was considering a visit to Mexico to have a meeting with this country's president.

​Pena Nieto had invited both Trump and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to meet with him but Trump was the first and so far the only one of the two to accept the invitation, media reports said.

The meeting will take place only hours before Trump is scheduled to unveil details of his immigration control plan at a speech in the US southwestern border state of Arizona later on Wednesday.

Marine Le Pen: Killary winning presidential election would be a danger to world peace

https://www.sott.net/article/318641-Marine-Le-Pen-Killary-winning-presidential-election-would-be-a-danger-to-world-peace

Marine Le Pen: Hillary Clinton Means War

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160901/1044836036/clinton-war-france-national-front.html

France’s National Front (FN) party leader Marine Le Pen has compared herself to US presidential candidate Donald Trump, warning that the Republican’s rival, Hillary Clinton, would bring world instability.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) – A new NBC News/Survey Monkey poll revealed on Tuesday that Clinton still holds a six point lead over Trump nationally.

"For France, anything is better than Hillary Clinton. Anything but Hillary Clinton. Because I think Hillary Clinton means war. Hillary Clinton means devastation. It means world instability," Le Pen told CNN on Wednesday.

She pointed out her similarities with Trump, highlighting the Republican candidate’s independent decision-making.

"We are similar because we are not part of the establishment, we are not part of the system, and we do not depend on anybody and we don't take orders from anyone," Le Pen said.

In May, Le Pen called Clinton the most "dangerous" candidate, warning that the world would be "plunged into chaos" if Hillary is elected US president in November.

Mainstream Media Admits It May "Never Recover" From 2016 Election

In a revealing statement that flew largely under the radar earlier this month, the mainstream media admitted it would never recover from its irresponsible and negligent coverage of the 2016 presidential election. A recent column published in the New York Post referred to the media’s reporting as “the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it.”

In his article for the Post, Fox News contributor Michael Goodwin discussed the media’s pro-Clinton bias – one recognized by supporters of virtually every other presidential candidate, from Bernie Sanders to Jill Stein to Gary Johnson and, of course, Donald Trump. Even Americans who don’t necessarily have a horse in the 2016 race notice the slant.
“By torching its remaining credibility in service of Clinton,” Goodwin wrote, “the mainstream media’s reputations will likely never recover, nor will the standards. No future producer, editor, reporter or anchor can be expected to meet a test of fairness when that standard has been trashed in such willful and blatant fashion.”

Indeed, he is correct in this regard. The Clinton machine has effectively infiltrated corporate media. Last year, the Intercept reported MSNBC failed to disclose that multiple pundits who spoke favorably about Clinton were actually employees of a consulting firm hired by her campaign.
[...]

As Politifact documented, Clinton has lied on multiple occasions, and the media’s lack of outrage and refusal to focus on her dishonesty lends credence to Goodwin’s assertions.

Goodwin is openly right-wing. He appears regularly on Fox News and has previously asserted President Obama is not doing enough to combat Islamic extremism. And though he is correct in pointing out the pro-Clinton bias, his employment at the New York Post and ongoing appearances on Fox — two icons of mainstream media — obliterate any chance of his media criticisms being taken seriously.

The New York Post has been owned by Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. since 1976. In that time, the Post has developed a reputation for sensationalism and inaccurate reporting. While they deserve mild credit for covering controversial issues like police brutality and the secrecy and corruption surrounding the infamous 28-pages of the 9/11 commission report, a long line of ethical controversies mars their credibility — so much so that even a Fox News anchor has questioned the paper’s legitimacy.

Little needs to be said about Fox News’ out of touch, delusional take on the world, though it is worth noting that according to an analysis by Politifact, 58 percent of Fox News’ content is mostly false, false, or “pants on fire.”

The reputations of the New York Post and Fox News precede Goodwin’s argument, no matter how true it may be that the media is in Hillary Clinton’s pocket. What his assertion should have contended is that American journalism was a lost cause long before the 2016 election — something Americans have increasingly and rightfully begun to recognize.

From the corporate media’s flagrantly irresponsible coverage of the Iraq War during the Bush years to the media’s ongoing blackouts of relevant news in favor of more superficial, inconsequential stories, Goodwin’s assertion that 2016 is the year American journalism died is as factual as the content churned out by Fox News.

2016 has merely been its funeral procession.

_http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-31/mainstream-media-admits-it-may-never-recover-2016-election

Obama Admin Wants to Take Over Jurisdiction of US Elections – Form Central Election System

So this is how Hillary Clinton wins…
The Obama administration wants to take control away from the states and form a central government election system.

Because we know there is no bias in Washington DC – a district that votes 90% Democrat.

The Washington Examiner reported:

"DHS has a vital security role in 16 areas of critical infrastructure and they provide a model for what the department and Johnson could have in mind for the election.

DHS describes it this way on their website: “There are 16 critical infrastructure sectors whose assets, systems, and networks, whether physical or virtual, are considered so vital to the United States that their incapacitation or destruction would have a debilitating effect on security, national economic security, national public health or safety, or any combination thereof.”

A White House policy directive adds, “The federal government also has a responsibility to strengthen the security and resilience of its own critical infrastructure, for the continuity of national essential functions, and to organize itself to partner effectively with and add value to the security and resilience efforts of critical infrastructure owners and operators.”

At the time, Johnson did not mention specific security issues, but the FBI has since cited one hack and another attempt.

Johnson also said that the big issue at hand is that there isn’t a central election system since the states run elections. “There’s no one federal election system. There are some 9,000 jurisdictions involved in the election process,” Johnson said.

[Jeh Johnson is the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security.]

_http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/08/obama-admin-wants-take-jurisdiction-us-elections-form-central-election-system/

A Candidate's Death Could Delay or Eliminate the Presidential Election

Chaos would ensue if a vacancy emerges near Election Day.

American democracy would break new ground if Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump left a presidential ticket vacancy before the Nov. 8 general election.

The presidential election could be delayed or scrapped altogether if conspiracy theories become predictive and a candidate dies or drops out before Nov. 8. The perhaps equally startling alternative, if there's enough time: Small groups of people hand-picking a replacement pursuant to obscure party rules.

The scenarios have been seriously considered by few outside of the legal community and likely are too morbid for polite discussion in politically mixed company. But prominent law professors have pondered the effects and possible ways to address a late-date vacancy.

"There's nothing in the Constitution which requires a popular election for the electors serving in the Electoral College,"
says John Nagle, a law professor at the University of Notre Dame, meaning the body that officially elects presidents could convene without the general public voting.

"It's up to each state legislature to decide how they want to choose the state's electors," Nagle says. "It may be a situation in which the fact that we have an Electoral College, rather than direct voting for presidential candidates, may prove to be helpful."

Both major parties do have rules for presidential ticket replacements, however, and Congress has the power to change the election date under Article II of the Constitution, which allows federal lawmakers to set dates for the selection of presidential electors and when those electors will vote.

But Congress would be up against a de facto December deadline, as the Constitution's 20th Amendment requires that congressional terms expire Jan. 3 and presidential terms on Jan. 20. Though it's conceivable to split legislative and presidential elections, they generally happen at the same time. And if the entire general election were to be moved after Jan. 3, Congress effectively would have voted themselves out of office.

Yale Law School professor Akhil Reed Amar considers in a 1994 article in the Arkansas Law Review the possibility of a special presidential election being pushed to after Jan. 20, with the speaker of the House serving as acting president until an election could pick "a real president for the remainder of the term." But he tells U.S. News that scenario probably is far-fetched.

Is it possible for the election to be delayed until after Jan. 20, leaving both the offices of president and vice president temporarily vacant? Perhaps, Amar says, but "it wouldn't make sense if it were permissible, given there actually are answers. Why would you ever do that?"

Amar recommends an up to four-week postponement of Election Day if a candidate dies just before voting, or even if there's a major terrorist attack.

The possible last-minute replacement of a candidate attracts some cyclical coverage, but this year the scenario would play out after consistent conjecture about the health of Democrat Hillary Clinton and possible hidden agenda of Republican Donald Trump.

Trump, 70, would be the oldest person elected president
, but his health has received less coverage over the election cycle than apparently unfounded speculation he will drop out. Clinton, 69 in October, would be the second oldest president-elect, months younger than Ronald Reagan in 1980.

Although Clinton's coughs and stumbling have earned speculative headlines on the news-driving Drudge Report, her doctor, Lisa Bardack, said she "is in excellent physical condition and fit to serve." Trump physician Harold Bornstein, meanwhile, wrote he would be "the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency."

Old age doesn’t rule out a full presidency. Reagan served two terms before dying at 93 in 2004. Other recent officeholders have lived beyond the life expectancy for the general population. Gerald Ford died in 2006 at 93. George H.W. Bush, 92, and Jimmy Carter, 91, are still living.

If something were to happen to Clinton or Trump before the election, rules established by the Republican and Democratic parties do offer guidelines for what to do.

Read more:
_http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-30/candidate-death-could-delay-or-eliminate-presidential-election

In the money: Clinton amasses $143 million election war chest in one month

https://www.rt.com/usa/357968-clinton-fundraising-record-135-million/

Marking the most bountiful fundraising month of Hillary Clinton’s campaign to date, $143 million was raised in August. The total, to be shared with other Democratic groups, breaks a record set in 2008, when the Obama campaign raised a comparatively meager $66 million.

The staggering sum of $143 million was announced by Clinton’s campaign on Thursday in a statement, the result of a summer-long schmoozing with donors on the East and West coasts.

“Thanks to the 2.3 million people who have contributed to our campaign, we are heading into the final two months of the race with the resources we need to organize and mobilize millions of voters across the country,” said Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook, according to The Hill. "These resources will help us to register and turnout millions of voters to elect progressive candidates across the country."

Clinton had touted her growing support from small contributors, with $44 million contributed online. Those donating $200 or less made up nearly 40 percent of her campaign’s $62 million haul in July.

But many of the millions came from some of the wealthiest and most powerful Democrats in the country who met with Clinton in private homes "from Greenwich, Conn., to Nantucket, Mass., to Beverly Hills, Calif.," according to the Washington Post.

CNN estimated Clinton headlined 37 fundraisers in August, taking her to 12 states, according to estimates based on average ticket prices and attendance figures provided by the Clinton campaign.

The Post reported in late August that the campaign raised $32 million in three weeks from a series of high-dollar fundraisers. Those included a $50,000 per person dinner to meet and see Clinton at a home in Cape Cod, a $25,000 per head event in Birmingham, Michigan, where Aretha Franklin “provided entertainment for roughly 70 guests, singing ‘Natural Woman,’” and $50,000 to “socialize with the candidate at the Chicago Club.

Of the $143 million, about $62 million of the total goes to the Clinton campaign, and roughly $81 million was raised for the Democratic Party and state parties across the US through joint fundraising accounts.

The Clinton campaign began September with more than $68 million, while the party’s two other joint committees took in a combined $84 million.

CNN reported Clinton was able to raise such large sums, because of The Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising account that “allows the Democratic ticket to raise money for her campaign, the Democratic National Committee and Democratic state parties at the same time. These agreements allow Clinton's donors to give $366,400 to a number of different Democratic accounts through the Clinton campaign.”

The Washington Post reported Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump brought in about $24 million in July in small donations.

Back
Top Bottom