Fighting the Goo-Lady atop the Mall

Cyre2067

The Living Force
So this one was really vivid and left me with neck/arm pain....

I'm with a group, we're battling our way to the top of a mall. I have a one handed sword and I can feel it's weight, it's heavy. There's people, but they aren't people, they're these weird distorted zombie-esque versions of people, and as we proceed they become less people and more monster-ish. The scene is almost like the inside of a gothic cathedral, but it's clearly a mall. There are shops and stores that are chop full of products and advertisements. There's a very tight ring and we're circling up this spiral-ramp toward the top.

Finally we get there and I can see the boss. She's this really gross, amoebic critter with a huge body that can morph and shift to fit any tactical need. She's composed of 'goo' and it's toxic. If it touches us it can kill, injure or slowly convert you into more goo. The goo comes from absorbing other life forms, including the monsters. We catch glimpse of her snagging a few of them as we approach.

Her size is monstrous, there's about 5 others with me and clearly, we're no match in a direct confrontation. One of the girls - a rogue - tosses me a small black vile and one of the guys - a paladin - starts cracking quips at her. He's joking about winning, then admitting defeat - this triggers a lengthy monologue from her and meanwhile I sneak around and take a closer look. There are these vats around the backside of the creature's room and they're full of this pinkish goo. I uncap the vile and pour a drop of it's black liquid into each vat, slowly, they turn clear - like water. Before long all the vat's are cleared, and this lady has assumed a normal woman figure. She still thinks she's winning. I draw my sword and put it to her throat, she laughs and flings goo at me which hits my arm!

Oh no! I'm infected! I think to myself.

An ice blast flies past my head from the mage in our crew, and it turns her into a ice block. Her piggish eyes glare at me through the ice.

'Go!' the paladin shouts - and I remember we have some sort of cure-all but it's all the way at the bottom of the mall.

I run back down through the maze of a mall and eventually I start getting blocked by more normal people who are trying to get topside. I'm shouting it's dangerous! There's creatures up there! But no one listens. This enraged mom with her dirty and shirtless child are trying to push their way past me, vocalizing loudly how rude I am for blocking their way. I do flips, run along the walls, and hop from person to person trying to get down. Meanwhile my left arm is burning away. I wonder if I'll make it down in time or if I should cut my arm off.

and that's when I woke up.

There's a few pretty obvious things that stand out... the weird thing is that my neck and arm are sore. It feels like I was swing a sword all night. The muscles are tense, tired.

The goo-lady could represent the current state governance - although that's a patriarchy - which confused me as to why it was a middle-aged woman. It kinda reminded me of motherbrain from the 90s cartoon Captain N - The Game Master - she looks like this:

latest

Anyway there's a lot of video game elements, which could just be extracted from life. Still struggling with them. Hard to quit. Perhaps I feel like I've been 'gooed' and I need to 'get out' which could be interpreted in a myriad of ways I suppose.

The hundreds of people scrambling toward their doom is pretty obvious... anyway I'll just leave it here. Thoughts welcome.

Hi Puck,

Seems like a very powerful dream! As you said, many things seem to be quite obvious (though others may see more interesting details). Just one thing came to mind regarding this:

Puck said:
The goo-lady could represent the current state governance - although that's a patriarchy - which confused me as to why it was a middle-aged woman. It kinda reminded me of motherbrain from the 90s cartoon Captain N - The Game Master - she looks like this:

I just had a discussion the other day about this - yes, we live in a patriarchy and all that, but it seems to be more complicated than that. It seems that "male energies" and "female energies" both got really perverted, and indeed what is lacking in this world are real female values (care, love etc.) and real male values (slaying dragons, exploring the world, courage etc.). And if we look at the statistics that in the US, up to 50% of the children are now growing up without a father, and that boys and girls alike are lacking opportunities in this world to live out their positive "male energies", maybe it can be said that the perverted, evil "woman" from your dream might represent that aspect of the control system - a lack of real male energy and the corruption of the female energy. Just a thought, so FWIW

Puck said:
There's a few pretty obvious things that stand out... the weird thing is that my neck and arm are sore. It feels like I was swing a sword all night. The muscles are tense, tired.

latest

Then interpreting it as the patriarchy might not be accurate.

Anyway there's a lot of video game elements, which could just be extracted from life. Still struggling with them. Hard to quit. Perhaps I feel like I've been 'gooed' and I need to 'get out' which could be interpreted in a myriad of ways I suppose.

This is what I was getting from it as I was reading. It sounds like you took elements from the different games you're been playing (zombies from H1Z1 and paladins and bosses and stuff from Heroes of the Storm) and mixed it all together into an allegorical narrative. I think you may be on to something with the symbolism of being "gooed" into video games - and seeing as dreams are so personal, even if we give our own insights, only the dreamer themselves can really figure out the context of the symbols, so your own inclination for this interpretation is most likely the correct one.

The hundreds of people scrambling toward their doom is pretty obvious... anyway I'll just leave it here. Thoughts welcome.

I assume you mean humanity as a whole scrambling toward their doom. But perhaps it could be all the people stuck in dissociating and distracting themselves with games instead of paying more attention to reality? And in doing so, that's like heading toward their own doom by rushing towards the top when it isn't reality and won't really get them anywhere in reality.

One last thing that connects to this: a sore arm and neck. Your arm is often suspended a lot while gaming, and sitting in your chair too much could put some strain on your back and neck, as well as staring at a screen for too long. These could also be signs of gaming too much that your body is giving you.

But, my preference for this interpretation could also be biased, because as you know, I often try to remind you to game less for your own good. And then there's the more selfish reason of sometimes feeling ignored by you when you're gaming, which sometimes feels warranted when you've spent three + hours doing it, and other times less warranted and is really just me being triggered.

Hi Puck, I have not understood the translation, but what I felt is that your weapon is too heavy or it is not suitable for you. Remember to change weapons or then take the sword with both hands.

In the "Mahabharata", Arujna conquered his weapon (the celestial arc), according to its own value and its own courage, to fight against its enemies and defeat them? Its old weapons were no longer suitable. What are our weapons, they are adapted, can we change? Is it the weapon that makes the man or the man who makes the weapon based on its knowledge?
Cs tell us that the best weapon is knowledge ...
It is not enough to find the right weapon, you also know without serving.
For now I have not found my weapon, I hope I could recognize her when I see her, and I remind myself how to use it :)

Puck said:
She's this really gross, amoebic critter with a huge body that can morph and shift to fit any tactical need. She's composed of 'goo' and it's toxic. If it touches us it can kill, injure or slowly convert you into more goo. The goo comes from absorbing other life forms, including the monsters. We catch glimpse of her snagging a few of them as we approach.

[..]. I uncap the vile and pour a drop of it's black liquid into each vat, slowly, they turn clear - like water. Before long all the vat's are cleared, and this lady has assumed a normal woman figure. She still thinks she's winning. I draw my sword and put it to her throat, she laughs and flings goo at me which hits my arm!

Oh no! I'm infected! I think to myself.
[..]

You on the iodine protocol? A small vile of dark liquid that detoxes poisons and kills amoebas and other organisms that tend to be loaded with toxic metals.
The right shoulder can get tense if the liver is struggling. May be worth lowering the iodine dose if you're on it, and taking the supporting sups + milk thistle/NAC and vit C (in the evening) for liver support.
It sounds like detox symptoms.

A lot of people have reported neck pain on the protocol too.
It may be worth considering some rounds of DMSA.

I run back down through the maze of a mall and eventually I start getting blocked by more normal people who are trying to get topside. I'm shouting it's dangerous! There's creatures up there! But no one listens. This enraged mom with her dirty and shirtless child are trying to push their way past me, vocalizing loudly how rude I am for blocking their way. I do flips, run along the walls, and hop from person to person trying to get down. Meanwhile my left arm is burning away. I wonder if I'll make it down in time or if I should cut my arm off.

Have you been disassociating more recently, going back to old habits and escapes? And feeling frustrated they aren't working?

I had also lately some dreams about zombies, vampires and other monsters. In one dream was a cathedral too. These monsters and the lay may resemble monsters (parasites) from anime "Parasyte -the maxim-":
http://myanimelist.net/anime/22535/Kiseijuu__Sei_no_Kakuritsu

Back
Top Bottom