Toxic Heavy Metals Urine Test - Micro Trace Minerals

Laura said:
Z said:
It seems DMSA is pretty effective for nickel as well as lead.

Gaby - how many cycles would you suggest for my results before I submit another sample?

Ark and I did about 12 or 13 rounds, weekends only, some time back and that seems to have helped quite a bit.

I think that is reasonable. I was aiming for pretty much the same, 12 rounds (2 cycles of 6 rounds each) before deciding if I needed a third cycle. I'll aim towards a higher dose (DMSA 15mg/kg) since I tolerated that fairly okay.

Hi All,

Got my results back. Nothing came up super high. Any insights on the results would be greatly appreciated - attachment below.

Attachments

• metals-results.jpg
    metals-results.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 284
Rhiannon said:
Hi All,

Got my results back. Nothing came up super high. Any insights on the results would be greatly appreciated - attachment below.

Was this a challenge test (with DMSA) or just a spot urine? If it was a challenge, it looks pretty good. Have you done some chelation before? If you have, you might want to continue to further reduce the metals that are still on the high side.

nicklebleu said:
Rhiannon said:
Hi All,

Was this a challenge test (with DMSA) or just a spot urine? If it was a challenge, it looks pretty good. Have you done some chelation before? If you have, you might want to continue to further reduce the metals that are still on the high side.

Hi nickleblue,

I did the DMSA urine test. Did 6 rounds of DMSA about a year and half ago. Planning on some more rounds.

Thanks!

Here's my test results from the DMSA challenge test:

Barium (Ba) 3.5 < 7
Beryllium (Be) < dl < 1
Bismuth (Bi) < dl < 2
Cadmium (Cd) 0.4 < 0.8
Cesium (Cs) 7.3 < 9
Gadolinium (Gd) < dl < 0.5
Lead (Pb) 6.4 < 2
Mercury (Hg) 2 < 3
Nickel (Ni) 1.9 < 8

Lead was the biggie at 3X reference range. Others (not listed) were insignificant.

About 10 years ago, a hair analysis test showed very high levels of Uranium that was due to years of summer work at various phosphate plants in central Florida (1974-1977) - uranium is a component of phosphate rock/dust. Interestingly, the current DMSA test shows uranium as undetectable.

Finally, I received my Doctors'data urine test results with 2grams of DMSA ( 30 mg/kg). Lead is too high, Barium and cesium on the edge.
I am not sure of the reasons. Probably, it is due to too much american spirit. I only smoke organic.
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B4nSxQuM_I
Whatever the reason, I think it's time to get back on to DMSA or probably EDTA.

Attachments

• MetalTest_Result.JPG
    MetalTest_Result.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 211
Got my test results in a little while back. I took 1.4g of DMSA and most HMs were below detectable levels save these:

Aluminum: 3.7 < 25
Barium: 18 < 7
Cesium: 3.2 < 9
Lead: 6.4 < 2
Nickel: 1.6 < 8
Thallium: 0.2 < 0.5

So I have a fairly heavy Lead and Barium load. Will be doing some DMSA rounds once I move and read more up on the process.

A Jay said:
Got my test results in a little while back. I took 1.4g of DMSA and most HMs were below detectable levels save these:

Aluminum: 3.7 < 25
Barium: 18 < 7
Cesium: 3.2 < 9
Lead: 6.4 < 2
Nickel: 1.6 < 8
Thallium: 0.2 < 0.5

So I have a fairly heavy Lead and Barium load. Will be doing some DMSA rounds once I move and read more up on the process.

You may also want to read up on EDTA. There is an discussion on it in the Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions thread. It works really well with lead and barium.

A couple of articles:
Why Lead Poisoning May Be Causing Your Health Problems

Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid

Dr. Group gives a summary of barium here – how people are exposed and the long term health dangers
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/toxic-metal-the-health-dangers-of-barium /

I also read a thread on barium @ http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=27295.0 It discusses how people are exposed and points to glazed pottery/ceramics as a source of everyday exposure, as in cheap coffee mugs from China.

Here are some sources of barium: arc-welding, metal fabrication work, rat poisons and insecticides, barium salts, fireworks, paints, pigments and glaze manufacturing, cathode ray tubes, mining, refining, coal and oil burning emissions, contaminated water, air, or soil, and even in some fish.

If your barium levels are high and exposure is not abated, it will cause potassium levels to plummet and calcium levels to be too high....leading to severe health issues. The thread says “sweating it out” in a sauna is one way to help lower barium, as well as DMSA/EDTA. It is also important to identify the source of exposure and eliminate it.

I'm going thru my coffee mugs, pitching most of them out and replacing them with glass, especially those mugs with “scratches” in the glazing. The glaze itself can leech barium into your drink, and the exposed pottery could contain lead or other contaminants.

Thanks for the info Menrva! My thought was that if DMSA was able to stimulate the excretion of barium and lead, then it must work as a means of pulling out and removing these metals. But I'll look more into a combination EDTA/DMSA protocol since that seems to be more effective.

Thanks Lilou! I recently acquired some cheap plates and mugs, so it's very possible that this is the source. Although, I've mostly been using plates from Ikea that my sister had given to me some time ago. Not sure if they could be leeching barium as well considering she used them for at least a year or to before giving them to me. I read some of the thread you linked to, and one of the women claims that ALL glazed products leech barium. Will be doing more digging to see if that can be verified, and for the time being will avoid my cheap plates and mugs.

A Jay said:
I read some of the thread you linked to, and one of the women claims that ALL glazed products leech barium. Will be doing more digging to see if that can be verified, and for the time being will avoid my cheap plates and mugs.

See Reply#36 on that thread. One of the members wrote to a chemical engineer who runs frogpondpottery and asked questions then posted his replies. Not all glazed dishes will leech barium, but reading that response will give an idea on what to look out for and what is dangerous.

Lilou said:
A Jay said:
I read some of the thread you linked to, and one of the women claims that ALL glazed products leech barium. Will be doing more digging to see if that can be verified, and for the time being will avoid my cheap plates and mugs.

See Reply#36 on that thread. One of the members wrote to a chemical engineer who runs frogpondpottery and asked questions then posted his replies. Not all glazed dishes will leech barium, but reading that response will give an idea on what to look out for and what is dangerous.

Thanks!

It looks like barium is my main problem too (< 5.700 /9.04) .

I'm little surprised of my molybdenum deficiency (9.700 --- 100.000 /2.178).

Gaby said:
Molybdenum

Molybdenum is most highly concentrated in the liver and kidneys. It plays an essential role in detoxification, so deficiencies can disrupt or cause de-toxification processes to be inefficient. Molybdenum deficiency is indicated by liver dysfunction, and symptoms such as jaundice, nausea, and fatigue. Because the liver is constantly stressed in chronically ill people, it may be difficult to identify this deficiency through a symptom analysis alone. Moderate deficiencies of molybdenum result in sulfite toxicity, which can cause headaches, tachycardia, vomiting, and nausea. Molybdenum also helps the body utilize energy from fats and carbohydrates; deficiencies of this mineral may cause fatigue. Molybdenum also plays a role in iron utili-zation, tooth decay prevention, and in maintaining fertility, mental clarity, and blood sugar balance.

My urine test results (DMSA 1g, 3h):

Attachments

• 2016-04-28_Dariusz-Kmak_1UA174247.pdf
    873.3 KB · Views: 11
Recently had mercury amalgams removed, and just finished up with 7 rounds of the DMSA chelation protocol. Took the DMSA challenge afterwards, and these are the results:

As you will see you were very high in Lead. You also had readings in 5
other toxic heavy metals including Arsenic, Barium, Cesium, Nickel, and
Thallium. In all, your body is burdened with 6 heavy metals.

Currently planning on looking more into EDTA to see if it would be better at 'getting the lead out' than DMSA. From what I've been reading about arsenic, it sounds like DMSA should be useful in getting that out.

Thanks for starting this thread - it's great to have this info at hand.

Menrva said:
You may also want to read up on EDTA. There is an discussion on it in the Hemochromatosis and Autoimmune Conditions thread. It works really well with lead and barium.

Thank you for the links!

Attachments

• toxic metals.png
    toxic metals.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 117
Hesper said:
Recently had mercury amalgams removed, and just finished up with 7 rounds of the DMSA chelation protocol. Took the DMSA challenge afterwards, and these are the results:

As you will see you were very high in Lead. You also had readings in 5
other toxic heavy metals including Arsenic, Barium, Cesium, Nickel, and
Thallium. In all, your body is burdened with 6 heavy metals.

Good job on chelating the mercury though.

I'm on my 7th cycle, still have several cycles to go. In the end, I'm combining both: DMSA (4 to 6 capsules) + EDTA (4 capsules) per day. I sleep profoundly on the cycle days and have more vivid dreams too.

Re-mineralazing in between cycles is really important.

Back
Top Bottom