Behind the Headlines Feb. 7th 2016: US Election Farce, Social Disintegration

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
US Election Farce, Social Disintegration and Economic Armageddon: Happy Days!

With statements like "I beat China all the time!" and "I could shoot someone and not lose voters!" potential future US Prsident Donald Trump epitomises all that is great about America, if by the word 'great' you mean 'mindnumbingly idiotic'. The good news, however, is that most of the other potential POTUS' are an equally horrible lot, so at least there's some consistency. If it is true that the people of a country get the leaders they deserve, then what does the line-up for the next "commander in chief" say about American society?

But Americans shouldn't feel too bad, Europe (and much of the rest of the world) is in equally dire straits, both at the political and social level. Someone appears to have decided that it's a good idea to try and tear the fabric of European society apart by flooding the union with desperate and angry refugees, along with a smattering of jihadi terrorists, thereby inflaming racial, religious and ethnic tensions.

Meanwhile, there are growing signs that that strangely self-aware animal known as the 'global economy' is in very poor health, and may even be planning to throw itself off a fiscal cliff in the near future, dragging us all down with it.

A perfect storm of mindless inanity and fecklessness at the global leadership level, hysterial and xenophobia at the social level, and unfettered greed at the economic level, seems set to blow up in all of our faces. Time to sit back and watch the show?

Join your regular hosts Niall Bradley and Joe Quinn, and our special guests Elan Martin and Bahar Azizi, for a discussion of the madness that passes for normal life on planet earth at the end of Empire. This Sunday 7th February: 12-2pm EST 6-8pm CET.

The Mechanic said:
Looking forward to it! Still on btr though? I thought you guys were ditching those losers ;-)

We are, but ditching takes time! But soon! To get a preview, check radio.sott.net this evening.

To get a preview, check radio.sott.net this evening.

I just did this and got clear reception. So, it works fine already. :cool2:

Then I noticed you have to be logged in on SOTT to be able to participate in the parallel chat session. Going to try that as well.

Just did that but failed to get access to the chat app myself. Now it only shows messages of others but I cannot add anything despite being logged in properly. Maybe that's for next week?

It's kind of awkward that you cannot log in on the radio page itself but have to go to SOTT main page to do that.

In passing I saw that the chat app signals a time difference with my computer clock of minus 86 seconds:

Adapted to local computer clock offset of -86 seconds
:huh:

Good show. :rockon:
Thank you so much, it is always a pleasure to talk with you.
Participating always makes me feel a sense of community somehow. a thing I really miss in my life.

Laurelayn said:
Participating always makes me feel a sense of community somehow. a thing I really miss in my life.

Great to talk to you Laurelayn! Hope to hear from you again!

Palinurus said:
To get a preview, check radio.sott.net this evening.

I just did this and got clear reception. So, it works fine already. :cool2:

Then I noticed you have to be logged in on SOTT to be able to participate in the parallel chat session. Going to try that as well.

Just did that but failed to get access to the chat app myself. Now it only shows messages of others but I cannot add anything despite being logged in properly. Maybe that's for next week?

It's kind of awkward that you cannot log in on the radio page itself but have to go to SOTT main page to do that.

In passing I saw that the chat app signals a time difference with my computer clock of minus 86 seconds:

Adapted to local computer clock offset of -86 seconds
:huh:

Thanks for the feedback. That is a beta show page, mainly for testing right now. So changes and fixes are ongoing.

Thanks for the show today; a last for Blog Talk Radio and than on to better airwaves - have bookmarked the page already. :)

Even though it must have been very painful making constant broadcast adjustments on BTR, I realized just now actually how many shows between all the different SoTT programs in the last many years there has been. So big gratitude for all those, for sticking with it!

Joe said:
Laurelayn said:

Great to talk to you Laurelayn! Hope to hear from you again!

Hey Laurelayn, I know I didn't say anything at the time, but just want to say that I related to what you said. It's truly mind boggling seeing what is happening on this planet, especially on the political stage. I'm glad you participated, I'm sure it also helps many listeners, knowing they're not alone :hug2:

Back
Top Bottom