End Sleep

Deven

A Disturbance in the Force
Last year in late fall I had a dream...
I was a truck driver then, having many vivid dreams and this one stuck to me. It was in this dream when I heard the term "end sleep" for the first time. Later I would search the web for more details and the only verbatim suggestion I seemed to find was a cartoon anime thread, which I'm positive wasn't the end sleep I was told of. I wrote down what happened in the dream as soon as I awoke, because it blew my mind. Now I will tell the dream...as best as I can...

...out of the dark I began to wake up out of sleep and realized I was behind the wheel of a moving truck driving down a dark tunnel at night. In a panic I oriented myself to take control of the truck, which was swerving into the tunnel wall. I regained controlled and after exiting the tunnel I pulled into a rest station, weary that I most certainly lost my job after this incident.

I left the truck to take a walk, and I began to fly. I call it flying but it's more like a super jump and gliding. When I landed I noticed a man with his son looking at me from inside a grotto, and also a woman in the same vicinity watching me. In excitement I called them over and said "excuse me, but did u see what I just did?" They both acknowledged with sort of a grimace "yes." I was amazed at what I did and the man and woman were not impressed. I asked the woman "Can you do that?" It seemed she sarcasticly answered "Ofcourse I can, what do you think I've been doing all these years." She was annoyed and walk away, and I was confused. I didn't think I offended anyone. So I looked at the little boy and said "check this out!" I began to fly again and when I landed the boy was amazed. "Whoa!", he said, "are you a superhero?" His father, speaking loud enough for the women to hear, told his son "maybe he's an angel, or a **********." (I don't remember what the other reference was). When the woman heard the second reference she stopped in her tracks and said "Don't say that, we haven't seen those in years!"

I was confused. Aware of my state I looked at the man and said "Are you in my dream?" He replied "No, your in my dream. You do this all the time." And I said, "so you are a real person?". "Yes" he said. And so I asked, "if we meet in real life will you remember me?" And he replied "I probably won't even talk to you, I'm a real jerk in real life." I was so excited, I thought somehow I am completely aware of this. Then he said "You're in END SLEEP." When he began to describe what END SLEEP was, everything was fading to black and in the dream I could feel myself waking up...and then I woke up. It felt so real...and I was sad that I couldn't remember what the man said.

This is one of many experiences I've had.

Is there anyone who has ever heard of end sleep or has any idea what it means? I truly appreciate the forum and its members. Thank you for your time.

I am just guessing here, but your END in your end sleep statement maybe an acronym for something.

Check out these, http://www.acronymfinder.com/END.html

I think of endorphin when I see this as an acronym for END.

Endorphin is a combination of the words "endogenou" (produced within the body) and "morphine" They're released from the pituitary gland of the brain during periods of strenuous exercise, emotional stress, pain, and orgasm. Endorphins help relieve pain and induce feelings of pleasure or euphoria. [google description]

Personally I have dreams also, diverse and abundant. It never came to me that one might be sometimes making contact with others dreams and that they are not your own. And if this is true then I would expect that using your pituitary gland would most likely be the correct method to do this through endorphin release while you sleep.

I am getting some positive vibes while I write this, so some facet of this is correct in some form. The pituitary gland has many uses once thought is open. Haiku …

Hello Haiku :)

I briefly study the pituitary gland and your mention of it made me realizes something. Every time I fly in my dreams I feel a certain pressure in my forehead. My body then feels magnified internally and I rise. I know in my heart that the feeling is real. When I fast I sort of feel pressure in my forehead but I'm not sure if it's something else, but it's not a headache. I personally think anatomically that we will be able to use our minds, but there's a lot of subtle devices that...mind control I guess. I don't think I'm paranoid, it's just after doing research it just makes sense. Thank you for your reference and thoughts, we're on to something...

Deven said:
Hello Haiku :)

I briefly study the pituitary gland and your mention of it made me realizes something. Every time I fly in my dreams I feel a certain pressure in my forehead. My body then feels magnified internally and I rise. I know in my heart that the feeling is real. When I fast I sort of feel pressure in my forehead but I'm not sure if it's something else, but it's not a headache. I personally think anatomically that we will be able to use our minds, but there's a lot of subtle devices that...mind control I guess. I don't think I'm paranoid, it's just after doing research it just makes sense. Thank you for your reference and thoughts, we're on to something...

If you take the time and start to read the books that were recommended to you, you will quickly realize that seeking out and dwelling in experiences like you describe above, doesn't really bring us forward on becoming more objective and thus more STO and spiritual.

Actually we have found over the years that experiences like that, if taken too seriously and if actively enforced and seeked out, can become like a drug, more then anything else. We have seen and interacted with a lot of people who thought experiences like that are the primary key to spirituality and a measure of it. We have found that it is one of the most common misconceptions on the actual road to spirituality.

Gurdjieff and Mouravieff for example stated pretty clearly what spiritually actually is and how to engage in it. Contrary to the believe of many people though, it often has fairly little to do with any kind of spiritual magic. Most of it is very down to earth and can only be experienced and learned through rather mundane and seemingly normal every day activities.

While spirituality and psychological knowledge can not be equated per se, it gives us a good solid basis on how our machine works and what kind of knowlege, expressed in effort based activities, can bring us closer to understanding ourselves and the world.

What Gurdjieff and Mouravieff have known then, has since been proven right, by a number of cognitive scientists like Daniel Kahneman, Timothy D. Wilson and Walter Mischel in their books:

-Thinking, Fast and Slow
-Strangers to Ourselves
-The Marshmallow Test: Mastering Self-Control

If you take the time and get familiar with our work here, I'm sure you will find new and interesting insights regarding the experiences you have described so far.

Pashalis thank you for your response. Can you tell me, what is end sleep?

Deven said:
Pashalis thank you for your response. Can you tell me, what is end sleep?

No unfortunately I can't. All I can do is speculate that it might be a personal message to you, that says "wake up from sleep!". Additionally it could be a message to you that says "stop dreaming and engage in life".

All just speculations, since a dream is a pretty personal thing that relates to our personal lives.

Back
Top Bottom