Could spirit world 'shape changers' = temporary 4D Intrusions?

kalibex

Dagobah Resident
Many native people talk of beings from the 'spirit world', many of whom are trickster shape changers. Given our current understanding of 4D (which ain't much, but hey), might these actually be people from 4D who (for various, but presumably for self-serving reasons) 'drop down' temporarily to our level, but.... due to the alleged 'variable physicality' of 4D, retain that ability to alter themselves (such as body shape, etc.) at will?

(I have this thought of 'bored' 4D people dropping in, to briefly appear before humans, startling them - sort of a 4D equivalent of 'cow-tipping'...)

kalibex said:
Many native people talk of beings from the 'spirit world', many of whom are trickster shape changers. Given our current understanding of 4D (which ain't much, but hey), might these actually be people from 4D who (for various, but presumably for self-serving reasons) 'drop down' temporarily to our level, but.... due to the alleged 'variable physicality' of 4D, retain that ability to alter themselves (such as body shape, etc.) at will?

(I have this thought of 'bored' 4D people dropping in, to briefly appear before humans, startling them - sort of a 4D equivalent of 'cow-tipping'...)

My thoughts on this kind of thing are that as the C's tell us, many things are possible, so we we can not rule out that your idea above is possible. The problem I see is that there are just so many possibilities in much of the things we speculate upon and since we have very little data that can help us to understand them that it mostly just comes down to 'guesses' as to what is happening. In addition, even if sometimes we have even guessed the right cause for one particular event, does it mean that there are not other causes in other similar events? If you begin to consider just how many possibilities there are it becomes mind boggling.

It seems to me that trying to determine what's going on with these kinds of thing from our level of existence where we just don't have access to information which we would need to understand them is more or less just spinning our wheels and accomplishing little.

I agree though that sometimes it's just fun to speculate and ponder a bit about so many of these unexplainable occurrences and events. I have to admit that sometimes I do some of that myself, but I try not to get too attached to my guesses and speculations because I understand there are things which we just can not get real answers to... at least not yet!

Pukwudgie The Trickster: Grey-Faced Humanoid Creature In Native American Beliefs | Ancient Pages
A. Sutherland - AncientPages.com -
In Algonquian folklore, the Pukwudgies are magical little forest people. They are grey-faced humanoid creatures with large-ears and only knee-high or smaller.

They can appear and disappear at will, create fires using magic, steal food and lure people to serious problems even death. They are tricksters that commit all possible mischief and they enjoy it.

The trickster’s name “Pukwudgie” (also spelled Puk-Wudjie) means "little wild man of the woods that vanishes" and stories about this creature have been known across the vast areas of the northeastern United States, the Great Lakes region and southeastern Canada. The Pukwudgies are closely related to wooded areas of what are now the states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

The Wampanoag (Algonquian-speaking Native Americans) once lived in this region of the country.

Generally, according to Northeastern Native American folklore, the Pukwudgies were once friendly toward humans but with the passage of time, it changed and the Pukwudgies turned against humans, so it would be best to leave them alone and never annoy them.

Still, the nature of the Pukwudgies varies in the folklore of different tribes. In the Chippewa (Ojibwe) and other Great Lakes tribes, the Pukwudgie are considered mischievous but basically good-natured creatures that play rather harmless tricks on people.

In the Abenaki and other northeast Algonquian tribes, a Pukwudgie can be dangerous, but only to people who treat him badly and with disrespect.

In the Wampanoag and other tribes of southern New England, they are unpredictable and rather dangerous. It happens that their tricks make no harm and even help in a critical situation, but beware of the Pukwudgies because they are very cunning and do not deserve to be fully trusted. In stories that vary from tribe to tribe, a Pukwudgie has magical abilities, which cannot be in any way controlled by humans .

The creature can shapeshift to a dangerous animal, disappear or turn invisible, confuse people or make them forget things. The Pukwudgie can even punish people simply by just staring at them.

The physical appearance and behavior of the Pukwudgies make them remotely related to the European gremlins. Every culture has its tales of tricksters—beings so clever they often outwitted even themselves and who were often seen as culture heroes.

In many Wampanoag stories, the Pukwudgies were enemies of the culture hero Moshup (Maushop) and were even responsible for his death. Moshup was a giant who created Cape Cod, one of the most important regions of Native American life in the United States, with history of Wampanoag stretching 12,000 years.

People respected and loved Moshup but the Pukwudgies were very jealous creatures. They did not like to be in the shadow of the great hero. According to a legend, they disliked the affection the Wampanoag had for Moshup.

At one time, the Pukwudgies behaved so badly that Maushop had to step in to collect as many of them as he could and scatter them around New England. All of them survived and they tried to make their way back home and so it happened.

After the Pukwudgies returned, they took vengeance by kidnapping local children and killing the Wampanoag people. They tricked Maushop into a body of water trying to kill him. One version says they killed him and his sons.

pukwudgie.jpg
puckwudgies111.jpg

15 Supernatural French Creatures You Probably Haven’t Heard Of

Back
Top Bottom