The sharing of information

Babylion

The Force is Strong With This One
Hey guys, i am thinking about sharing some videos with my friends, but i am worried about spreading disinformation. The question is how do i know whats is good and bad information? The information in question is that of Santos Bonacci. This person is a very well read individual and has so much information to share, the information he gives resonates my myself and i find it very interesting, but some of the information conflicts with information i have found through this forum. For example he says that Julius Caesar is an evil SOB, and change the yearly calender to hide the truth of the yearly cycle, where as on this forum julius is considered to be a good being of light :S also santos goes on to speak on the flat earth theory in his later videos. Is it possible he may have been mislead by different entities.
Anyway i bring this information to the forum so i can get a broader opinion on the matter. Please watch some of his videos as they seem to be really enlightening, just a quick overview of what he talks about is how all religions, astrology and the anatomy of the body are all intertwined.
So i leave it to my friends on this forum to help me come to a conclusion, on how i proceed in the future. I hope you can help. Thank you and as always much love to all x

The only way I know of to see what is what is through learning yourself. Have you seen our Recommended Books: List and Guide?

We have found that a lot of things that "resonate" with people are things that make them "feel good". There's nothing wrong with feeling good, it's just that those who like to spread disinformation also know this. And they know that it is much easier for people to be told what to think and believe than it is for them to do their own research and see what is what; and, that people like to feel good.

Have you read any of Laura's books? Laura has done TONS of real research. She condenses it down and writes so that all can understand what is being said. That's how she found out that most of what has been written about Julius Caesar are lies. The amount of research she, and others, have done on this - let alone other research she has done - is monumental!

Take a look at the reading list, do some research of your own and do what we like to call, "tune your reading instrument". That's how you can learn to spot disinformation and misinformation and down right lies. (Also, reading various threads that have to do with things you are interested in helps a LOT.)

Sorry i see how it reads!! What i actually wanted to to suggest was even though i know that it may be wrong/disinformation at some points of his presentations, may i still share his philosophy and theology to others as the main substance of his information, i see to be good usable infomation.
Apologies for my grammar. It was never my strong point :P

Well if you really want to share this guy's stuff with your friend you can do it and point out that he doesn't "have the whole banana" and is wrong on certain points for X reason. But as Nienna said, you have to increase your own knowledge in order to be able to tell the difference. And if he's wrong about a lot of things you may want to reconsider sharing.

Are your friends asking for you to share things with them or is this just something that you think would be a good idea to do?

External vs. internal considering:
In Fourth Way parlance, external considering is the practice of taking others into account when acting, seeing their situation as it is and accordingly making life easy both for oneself and for others. Internal considering is the opposite – acting out of a subjective inner state and view of the situation to which one is attached, with any of a number of consequences.

External considering involves making a realistic evaluation of another's situation and acting in ways which take this into account in a positive sense. It is however not the same thing as being socially polite or considerate, although it may be expressed in this manner.

The key concept is to be aware of and to adapt oneself to the level of being and knowledge of others. Thus, one of the things external considering involves is to avoid talking about things which would simply offend others' beliefs or simply not be understood. (See strategic enclosure for more on this.) More generally, external considering relates to an idea of good will towards the environment, in the sense of letting the environment be as it wishes and responding to its requests in a manner that honors its right to be as it will.

External considering is rooted in objective awareness of the environment. Its opposite, internal considering, is rooted in attachment to a subjective inner state, to one's own comfort of preconceptions or desires.

External and internal considering are not always outwardly distinguishable, although inwardly they are fundamentally different. One may for example be socially pleasing purely in order to uphold or reinforce one's own idea of oneself as a 'good person.' Or, be nice out of fear of being judged by others. This is internal considering and preoccupation with how others/the self perceive the self.

In some cases, external considering may involve withholding information that is seen as inappropriate, dangerous or simply unlikely to be well received. An internally considering person may also do this, but then again the motive is different.

We cannot codify with external criteria which action constitutes which kind of considering. The concepts are related to service to others vs service to self and to objectivity vs subjectivity. Usually the term considering is applied in the context of personal interactions.

Only through having external considering can one serve others. This requires responsiveness and a sense of objectivity and awareness of what is right action for the given situation. Serving in the sense of merely carrying out commands is not external considering.

Internal considering can be likened to man's inner predator. It feeds itself by engaging in subjective fantasies where it thinks it is other than it is. It will also seek to gain external confirmation for its distorted self-image by manipulating others to confirm it in its views. Man may go to much trouble to make an impression, simply in order to have his own illusory, internally considered self-image reflected back to himself from others. All success in such manipulation feeds the predator and confirms it in its internal considering and accordingly removes the center of gravity of man's inner life away from objectivity. Internal considering is in very concrete terms man's natural enemy who seeks to prevent man from being himself. The predator will at all times prefer an illusion of virtue to the naked truth about itself. Still, it is not useful to morally judge or condemn the predator, just like it is useless to condemn a cat for eating mice. Still, one must disengage from identifying with this predator. Claiming to Work while engaging in internal considering is a contradiction in terms. The forms of internal considering can however be extremely subtle and one cannot always detect them, thus constant vigilance is required. The predator of internal considering may well claim to engage in merciless self-observation, to aspire to consciousness and being and any other virtues and even trick itself to believe it is progressing towards these goals while all the while only feeding its vanity and desire for recognition.

Exterior man needs the support of a group in order to help him detect the many tricky ways in which internal considering inserts itself in his perception and actions.

Hi Babylion, I agree with both viewpoints from Nienna and Odyssey and especially Lauras books can open your eyes since she does real research and states also her sources. You need yourself more knowledge to decipher more easily truth from lies, though this one is some cases pretty hard of course.

Odyssey said:
Are your friends asking for you to share things with them or is this just something that you think would be a good idea to do?

You could also ask yourself, if it is any help to them when they watch the videos and is it also knowledge of practical use?

Babylion said:
Sorry i see how it reads!! What i actually wanted to to suggest was even though i know that it may be wrong/disinformation at some points of his presentations, may i still share his philosophy and theology to others as the main substance of his information, i see to be good usable infomation.
Apologies for my grammar. It was never my strong point :P

I'd echo Odyssey and Nienna's points. Also, Santos Bonacci was discussed briefly in this thread. In short, and in my opinion after having observed his 'work' over the years, the guy is not worth anybodies time.

Years ago, i also thought he may have some information worthy of consideration, but then realised, after much of the recommended reading and, most importantly, Laura's work, as well as eventually applying some basic critical thinking, he's pushing a lot of disinfo, consciously or not, and personality wise, he's angry, pretty arrogant, and fairly irresponsible. Hopefully that thread will clarify things a little.

This is also a timely reminder of why it's important to be careful with what we share and who we choose to share it with. And with that said, i admit i shared a video or two of his on facebook years ago during his 'astrotheology days' - where he stated he knew he could tell someone was 'from Sirius because they looked serious'. You live and learn.... :rolleyes:

When sharing information with friends I think about what it is they will take away from it, what information it is I would like them to hear so that we can have a conversation. ( we have a group that meets once a week to build objective truth taking turns bringing forth knowledge) The subjective impressions from the videos and other forms of information you share will be transmitted to each person differently. That is unless you know what it is you want them to know. As a teacher we call it our learning objectives :) What information do I need to transmit and how do I transmit it so that all the students receive the same information? It's one thing go share information for the sake of sharing, but it's another to build knowledge( within a group of class ) When you just share, you risk not knowing what information the reader obtains. This may not be important to you, or it may be but I thought it could be food for thought :)

I agree with all the responses so far.

What makes networking such a powerful tool is collective discernment. In order for this to work as a tool however we must first have the courage to articulate, and sometimes articulation is difficult, this I feel is due to the divide between left and right brain processes.

We can feel and know internally what we want to say, but may not have the words, this happened far too often in my life. So when I hear an articulation come from an external source, it's important for me to keep a record of what I resonated with, even when that source is proven to be corrupted, so you can at least have the language to convey your own thoughts on the subject. Ignorance is dangerous, as the Cs and Laura explained time and time again. So it pays to observe and borrow what you can to be able to communicate the subject. It also opens you up to a learning experience.

I think you have good instincts in the regard of network and discernment as you brought your concern here and leaned some invaluable information from itellsya in relation to this guy. In turn, you educated me on this guys existence, and broadened by awareness by having this thread here for me to read.

No harm, no foul, just open with a disclaimer, as Odyssey expertly said, he may not have the whole banana... But he did say *this*, and I agree with it because... Etc... It gives credit where it's due and eschews your affiliation if turns out he's a quack.

[ In order for this to work as a tool however we must first have the courage to articulate, and sometimes articulation is difficult, this I feel is due to the divide between left and right brain processes]

Your point of articulation to me is one that deserves some thought. How many times do we re-read what we are going to send ? As a post in this forum, in and essay, a letter ? People who are very good at articulating thier message maybe once or twice, they are very knowledgable about the subject matter and understand the vocabulary. But that is only half the story. Now they have to make sure that others are going to understand what it is they want to convey. So to think about how people convey information( their knowledge of that of others ) accurately and to learn how to do so is important. How can we use lanuage go most accurately reflect my feelings and thoughts, how to get others to feel and think what is necessary for the work? This last statement I my self am going to meditate on tonight s

It very much so has to do with the brain. How well does it store vocabulary ? How well does it make connections ? How well does it understand its audience. How well does it understand it self? These are important for articulation.

thanks for the advice guys, im happy i brought the matter here first. I guess my original idea behind sharing it over my facebook page, was to get people to start questioning there own reality! But i see how this could be more of a detriment to people than it could be positive. I feel like i just want to shake people out the trance some of them seem to be in. Not that i know it all myself, but i want people to see a bigger picture. Ive always tried to stay away from social media sources in the past as it is poorly used in the most part. But i think you are right, i need to improve my own knowledge and wisdom before i can truly help others. Thanks again guys

Babylion said:
thanks for the advice guys, im happy i brought the matter here first. I guess my original idea behind sharing it over my facebook page, was to get people to start questioning there own reality! But i see how this could be more of a detriment to people than it could be positive. I feel like i just want to shake people out the trance some of them seem to be in. Not that i know it all myself, but i want people to see a bigger picture. Ive always tried to stay away from social media sources in the past as it is poorly used in the most part. But i think you are right, i need to improve my own knowledge and wisdom before i can truly help others.

Yeah, i'm sure many here can relate what you're saying: i remember having urge to shake people or share this or that amazing information i had learned, but usually it doesn't end well when we act solely from our own desire to educate others - that's internal consideration and recipe for disaster!

Sharing articles etc. on your own facebook feed is in general a good way to spread information: that way you won't violate anyone's free will, since it's you own FB wall, and your friends can choose themselves whether to read it or not. Once your familiar with the recommended reading, it'll get easier to discern truth from lies. Strategic enclosure is also very important to keep in mind when sharing information with others: when we take into account the specific situation (who are we sharing the information, did they ask, what biases and "sacred cows" they have, are they friends or acquaintances, and so on), we'll avoid getting hit by General Law.

Back
Top Bottom