'The Amazon Tribe That Dreams of the Future Fears Sex, Welcomes Panthers'

kalibex

Dagobah Resident
Terrifying dreams or visions, those that we would characterize as nightmares, are considered the most profound of Achuar experiences because they result in personal growth. Such dreams are exceedingly rare, but when they do come it is entirely at a time of the Arutam’s choosing. Children are taught to “move toward” the dream threat or obstacle. If they can successfully grasp it while conquering their fears, then the frightening vision will collapse and reveal its true nature and message. To run away is to reject a gift and to miss a golden opportunity.

https://www.inverse.com/article/16713-the-amazon-tribe-that-dreams-of-the-future-fears-sex-welcomes-panthers

Thanks for sharing this kalibex. It seems like dream interpretation is a major feature of many ancient societies, with many even saying dreams can predict the future and that by changing those dreams (either through lucidity or re-creating the mental state of the dream with tobacco or a hallucinogenic brew) is key to avoiding negative outcomes for the future. A book I read by Sergio Magana called The Toltec Secret awhile back described a lot of interesting practices related to the interpretation of and altering of dream states to create a better waking world. Parts of the book even reminded me of an episode of Laura's when she was almost abducted by spider beings but had to use spiritual force and mental blocking to repel the state. It really makes me wonder what directions the group can take this collective dreaming through the dreaming stone network being set up (as mentioned in the recent Cassiopaean sessions).

There's a great deal of interest in that article. Oddly, some of their "dream obtained" ideas mesh very well with what we consider to be helpful attitudes toward reality.

I'll be faced with a choice, some of these choices will be mundane, like, should I go get a glass of water or really quickly complete this random task (at work), or, should I take such a route home or take an alternative route?

Should I respond to such and such a question, or email, by stating this and or using this tone. Should I turn down this offer or accept, should I be passive or assertive... etc...

I'll suddenly remember specific dreams after the choice has been made, or right before I'm about to make the choice.

As if the potential outcome of my decision or attitude at the time of making the choice is bubbling up to me as a dream memory, giving me some hint that I'm getting closer to that mode of being.

Memory of dreams serving as a potential warning or an encouragement.

Thank you for the link kalibex.

Fascinating article, thanks for the link.

I believe reading the title and description of the article influenced my dreams last night...cause I went on to dream about what appeared to be a black jaguar or panther. What I remember most vividly is the black color of the fur, and how the panther is using its fur like a blanket to cover me, there's a nurturing quality about it. Strange indeed.

Anyway..for those interested in watching the full documentary (there's a preview in the article) I found that I can view it online through the public library where I live. You can also purchase it at the producer and director of the doc's website:

http://larrylansburgh.com/the-dvd/

That was a very interesting read, thanks for sharing. John Perkins, the author of the 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' talks highly of the Achuar and was involved in the Pachamama Alliance after he converted from being an economic hitman into someone who wanted to change the world for the better.

I find it fascinating that they interpreted their collective dreams as some sort of threat from the people of the north, and they got organized to face it even before it materialized!

Meechel17 said:
Has anyone checked out the Pachamama Alliance?

A quick google search revealed an eight part analysis of related matters, starting here:

_http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2014/04/25/fundacion-pachamama-is-dead-long-live-alba-part-i-of-an-investigative-report/

Haven't read it, so FWIW. :-[

Here's a snippet:

The Pachamama Alliance is a heavily funded U.S. NGO. [1] Past donors include the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. [Source] Revenue has increased from U.S. $1,911,036.00 in 2006 to U.S. $3,461,600.00 in 2011 (2011 form 990) with over $1 million focused exclusively on both Ecuador and Bolivia (grantmaking $706,626.00 / program services $391,622.00) in 2011. [“The Alliance’s main source of support is contributions, gifts and grants from foundations, corporations and individuals”] The Pachamama Alliance was founded in 1995 by Bill Twist, Lynne Twist and John Perkins. Lynne Twist is the co-founder of Pachamama Alliance and the Soul of Money Institute. [2] Twist is also involved in the “conscious capitalism movement” (as if there could be such a thing). [3] Lynne Twist serves/has served as: President of the Turning Tide Coalition, member of the Transformational Leadership Council, trustee of the John E. Fetzer Institute, board member of the Global Security Institute, board member of Educating Girls Globally, vice chair of The Institute of Noetic Sciences and board member of the Kudirat Institute for Nigerian Democracy (KIND).

Palinurus said:
Meechel17 said:
Has anyone checked out the Pachamama Alliance?

A quick google search revealed an eight part analysis of related matters, starting here:

_http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2014/04/25/fundacion-pachamama-is-dead-long-live-alba-part-i-of-an-investigative-report/

Haven't read it, so FWIW. :-[

Here's a snippet:

The Pachamama Alliance is a heavily funded U.S. NGO. [1] Past donors include the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. [Source] Revenue has increased from U.S. $1,911,036.00 in 2006 to U.S. $3,461,600.00 in 2011 (2011 form 990) with over $1 million focused exclusively on both Ecuador and Bolivia (grantmaking $706,626.00 / program services $391,622.00) in 2011. [“The Alliance’s main source of support is contributions, gifts and grants from foundations, corporations and individuals”] The Pachamama Alliance was founded in 1995 by Bill Twist, Lynne Twist and John Perkins. Lynne Twist is the co-founder of Pachamama Alliance and the Soul of Money Institute. [2] Twist is also involved in the “conscious capitalism movement” (as if there could be such a thing). [3] Lynne Twist serves/has served as: President of the Turning Tide Coalition, member of the Transformational Leadership Council, trustee of the John E. Fetzer Institute, board member of the Global Security Institute, board member of Educating Girls Globally, vice chair of The Institute of Noetic Sciences and board member of the Kudirat Institute for Nigerian Democracy (KIND).

Wow, would that have been interesting if Joe and Niall had asked John Perkins some in-depth questions about the founding of The Pachamama Alliance, his relationship with Koupermann, the Achuars' abandonment of their subsistence economy for the adoption of the the monetary economy, some of the major funders of the PA, etc.

I signed up for the "Awakening the Dreamer" program on the PA website and completed it, and tried to be very open-minded, but there was a lot of the same same - eating meat is bad, the earth is warming, the USA elected a black man as president, Al Gore is a champion of the environment, etc. I was trying to be open-minded in thinking that if they were gearing this toward individuals who are just beginning to wake up, that's where they have to start. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that one, but after hearing John Perkins' interview on Behind the Headlines (I only just listened to it yesterday), I think that John Perkins has awoken to the fact that he was fulfilling a very evil function as a "Hit man", but that like so many of us, he has been sidelined into the whole Savior, New Age movement - possibly with the best intentions, possibly not, I can't say. I was considering taking their 7 week intensive Game Changer program, and I still might. It is fully interactive with each participant having to moderate discussions, etc. So, what do you think if I take it, and participate with the viewpoint that I have gained (mostly thanks to the C's, Laura, Joe, Niall and countless others) through my giant learning curve over the past few years? What if I come at it with that viewpoint and share that with my fellow participants? Am I being incredibly naive to think that that could cause a few others to think outside the white savior, the USA can still change the world, Russia is evil box?

Meechel17 said:
I was considering taking their 7 week intensive Game Changer program, and I still might. It is fully interactive with each participant having to moderate discussions, etc. So, what do you think if I take it, and participate with the viewpoint that I have gained (mostly thanks to the C's, Laura, Joe, Niall and countless others) through my giant learning curve over the past few years? What if I come at it with that viewpoint and share that with my fellow participants? Am I being incredibly naive to think that that could cause a few others to think outside the white savior, the USA can still change the world, Russia is evil box?

If you ask me, I wouldn't do what you're proposing now. It may not be naive but it would be inconsiderate toward other participants who have their own lessons to learn in which you cannot interfere directly. It's considered okay to leave hints and show alternative information once in a while to others but with NO expectations or anticipation of ANY possible outcome. You have to leave that to them.

So maybe you could point them to the above series of investigative reports and/or make that the topic of discussion when your turn of moderating one has come, but that would be the limit or already even beyond.

Tread with care in all circumstances because you will be moderated and vetted as well -- if you would get a chance at all to deviate from the main stream conceived 'wisdom' over there.

We're not in the proselytizing business, you know... :halo:

If you ask me, I wouldn't do what you're proposing now. It may not be naive but it would be inconsiderate toward other participants who have their own lessons to learn in which you cannot interfere directly. It's considered okay to leave hints and show alternative information once in a while to others but with NO expectations or anticipation of ANY possible outcome. You have to leave that to them.

So maybe you could point them to the above series of investigative reports and/or make that the topic of discussion when your turn of moderating one has come, but that would be the limit or already even beyond.

Tread with care in all circumstances because you will be moderated and vetted as well -- if you would get a chance at all to deviate from the main stream conceived 'wisdom' over there.

We're not in the proselytizing business, you know... :halo:
[/quote]

The deeper I dug, the less I am able to consider taking part of something that has its roots so deep in hegemony. I wrote them a note explaining why I am withdrawing - mostly pointing to who they partner with and receive funding from. It seems that it is less likely that they are the deceived, than that they are part and parcel of the deceivers. At any rate, I won't be participating. Thanks for your advice :)

Back
Top Bottom