BHelmet Original: I Feel Like an Alien

BHelmet

The Living Force
This one has taken a lifetime.

Link:
https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/track=3469730497/size=large/bgcol=333333/linkcol=e99708/tracklist=false/transparent=true/

I heard that I was born here on a sunny summer day
They tell me that my bones are made from earth and clay
A spark was place inside; the flame of the divine
Or maybe evolution brought me up from random slime
And sometimes I stop and ask myself WHY?
I feel like an alien

They tell me this is home but I feel so out of place
There's something going on here nobody wants to face
I feel I don’t belong here; there must be some mistake
I'm in the strangest dream and I’m trying to awake
Sometimes it's almost more than I can take
I feel like an alien

It was hard for brave Ulysses to get back to his ship
When they drank the sweet lotus, when they lost their grip (they said)
Can't we stay? And just forget the way back to our true home
We're too weary to roam (any more)

So Ulysses grabbed his crew and whipped them back into shape
We've got to keep on going to make our escape
This life is bitter sweet; it’s not the golden shore of ancient lore
We're looking for

I feel so disconnected like I’m in a trance
I try to learn the steps; I try to join the dance
But the piper calls a tune that is slightly out of phase
I wander through this lifetime like I'm in a daze
I feel like I'm lost in a never ending maze
I feel like an alien

Is it any wonder; is it really strange?
Things are always different but they never seem to change
We are heading to a future really quite deranged
It makes me stop and wonder who's the driver of this train?
Because we're on a track that is totally insane
I feel like an alien

Thanks. I wrote the basic hook when I was in my mid 20's in the mid 70's. It took a lifetime to articulate it.

Really good, and cool lyrics BHelmet :) - speaks right from the heart, thanks for sharing !

Thanks for sharing, Bhelmet ! ;)

I was thinking... In realiy... He feels like a human being... a real human being... among aliens ! :P

energetic! love it! ... thanks for sharing! :cool2: :rockon:

as for the lyrics, sure I can relate too that universal state of affaires of us hanging around here, but have to ad that since I am here, since I am learning, the pain is less painful and the life is bigger and life make sense, even though, more i know more I feel even more alienated ;) ... but ... yep rock on! ... all is a lesson! and thank you for this contribution!

I have been having these thoughts. Music, yes we can be expressive... of emotions, ideas (and all that is dandy). But, is it possible to 'do' (with music) in the Gurdjieffian sense? What would that be? I have an idea. It would be to have the aim to generate the blocking frequency; the STS envelope disruptor. Like the C's have said or implied can be done. But how? Purity of intent? What frequencies or sounds? Stay open to receive. Create a conduit to transmute higher density input? But the intent, I think, can't be to actually confront or block the STS frequency fence, although that would be a by-product. I think the intent would be to communicate the desire of the soul...to be free; to be done with the prison farm; ready to graduate. Ready for the dominoes to fall. Ready for the next level. (all music/creativity is a process so I am sure the answer will unfold) It is a fascinating subject.

Ah, but this confronts the general law and, I expect, some super-serious blowback. I think, in my mind, perhaps an illusion, perhaps the truth (getting harder to say) anyway I have this splinter in my mind that says "If you don't F with them, they won't F with you", like an agreement. But, of course I am attacked left and right through my family; through my body; so many ways and things that distract. (I guess I am saying I have trepidations but, I know this is what I am here to do. )

Ok I have a couple more songs to do and then I will start tackling the music with intent; music from the core of the soul. Music with an aim "to do" based on the shared-understanding that is evident by many here on this forum and its related parts. I don't know what it will be or how it will come out. But it will.

Thank you.

That's cool and I say go for it BHelmet. G said that it is rare for people to make objective art. But that's probably because most people are asleep. If you put some objective knowledge into the lyrics, I think that helps. And there is probably something objective as to which notes are picked based on their frequencies. But even if you include your experiences in life and of suffering, I think that gets close too. At the very least, it helps you to connect to most of the people on the planet, who themselves are suffering. Good luck! :)

Very nice :). The production and performance (on all instruments as well as vocals) are very impressive! The lyrics are just the perfect knot to tie it all together. I do not listen to this style of music if I am being honest, but I enjoyed the track from start to finish. Keep doing your thing, Bhelmet, you are very talented.

Perri475 said:
Very nice :). The production and performance (on all instruments as well as vocals) are very impressive! The lyrics are just the perfect knot to tie it all together. I do not listen to this style of music if I am being honest, but I enjoyed the track from start to finish. Keep doing your thing, Bhelmet, you are very talented.

Thanks Perri475 - the fact that this is 'not your style' and you listened anyway is high praise indeed. It is hard not to reflect what you are and where you came from. I tend to go for standard pop song structure 101A since I grew up in the 60'/70's. But as you know - an artist can hear something in his or her head and then it just comes out like it does: there is a part of the process that is out of control. I guess that is one aspect of creation: to allow things to come out like they do as part of the creative process.

I think I know what you're talking about. It's almost as if the song ''writes itself''! I can definitely hear the 60/70s pop influence over the track you shared. The song structure and melodies surrounding it definitely feel that way as well. It's very interesting to hear something influenced from that time frame, but not coming out of an old 4track recorder! I always expect those songs to have that ''old fashioned quality'' to it, but it's very nice to hear a fresh take on that style of music.

Today's recording technology, if used properly, can really broaden the spectrum of sound, i think, and that's what I felt from your music. It's very colorful and open, and the production only helps define the different shades within the song, if that makes sense. Not to imply older music is not colorful (that would be ridiculously ignorant!), but we are able to implement recording techniques now that were probably unimaginable back then!

Back
Top Bottom