Time Sensitive Anxiety

DougEE

Jedi
FOTCM Member
My wife has been a very healthy person until a dentist in 2005 insisted that she take a broad spectrum antibiotic, Novamoxin before he'd do any root canal work. The side effects were bad so she soon stopped. When she went back for followup dental work she told him about her side effects, so this time he insisted she take Nova Clindamycin. She soon started getting a deep foreboding feeling in her stomach with hot flashes and sweats rising from her chest up through her neck and into her head. At first this anxiety was mild and she found ways to cope, but it steadily worsened until finally in 2010 she went to her medical doctor who prescribed an anti-depressant Cipralex. Three days later she had a TIA and was in hospital Emergency. I might also mention that prior to 2010 she had a bout of C Difficile and was given Vancomycin for that, and also she was fighting migraine auras , not headaches, but the right-side vision would be blank. In all this she was still getting those foreboding feelings of doom and hot sweats with more anxiety.
Then in 2012 it was discovered that she had Atrial Fibrilation as well as heart palpatations. An ablation was recommended and done and for about 8 months she had no A-fib attacks but they did return eventually with the continuing foreboding feelings and high anxiety, but the anxiety now only occured from about 10:30 am to about 4:00pm. No more night time anxiety.
We have tried two very good Naturopathic doctors and they have helped her with controlling her blood pressure and managing her vertigo. We also changed to a wholistic dentist who helped identify that the root canals had leaked into her tissues, thus creating areas that harbored infection. Her teeth had a very high galvanic reading indicating her mouth was a battery. Moreover, every A-fib attack was accompanied with the right bottom molar aching badly. She decided to have all her bridges removed and all 4 root canals pulled out, and have dentures installed. One Naturopath then placed her on an eleven-week heavy metal detox routine using homeopathic remedies. During this time she still had the hot sweats and high anxiety attacks still only during midday.
A recent Colonoscopy has found that she now has Microscopic Colitis as that explains her constant diarrhea for the past 3 months.
Since 2012 her diet has been gluten free, wheat free, sugar free and low carb. All meats are grass fed and organic and fish is cod, haddock, sardines and kippers.

During these many years she has had many tests done and the only thing that could relate to the anxiety was a small nodule found during an ultra sound test on her thyroid. It was too small (less than 1mm) to be considered a problem. The levels of TSH, T3 and T4 were all judged to be normal.

Many things have improved (vertigo still present but more manageable, A-fib frequency is now better, fewer migraine auras, foreboding of doom is milder, diarrhea is getting better ) but the midday anxiety is still present every day with some days much worse than others. Every time she tries to take a daytime nap she awakens with a start (sometimes a thud) and in a state of high anxiety. Needless to say, she now fears a noon nap.

So this begs the question as to what processes can create anxiety time sensitive to 10:30 am to 4:00 pm?

Have you both tried probiotic retention enemas and also coffee enemas?

Although there might be a specific cause for the anxiety, I would see about getting some relief in the way of enemas. There is more information about it in the last pages of the iodine thread. They really work like a charm!

Here is a nice summary of the coffee one:

Coffee enemas: A powerful tool for detoxification and pain relief
https://www.sott.net/article/326631-Coffee-enemas-A-powerful-tool-for-detoxification-and-pain-relief

Ditto Gaby for the coffee enema, which seems to have many benefits in terms of improving the mood, mental clarity and anxiety. Maybe she also could try some GABA (sublingual preferably) and 5 HTP? And deep belly breathing would also help when those anxiety attacks 'strike' again.

DougEE said:
So this begs the question as to what processes can create anxiety time sensitive to 10:30 am to 4:00 pm?

One tentative explanation could probably be found while examining closely and meticulously all activities and circumstances during this specific time-span from the point of view of possibly related allergic reactions.

I know of some cases and from personal experience myself, of such coincidences, where not the time-span as such but environmental influences were the underlying cause of otherwise inexplicable moody reactions. Just a thought, FWIW.

Wishing you both strength and endurance. :flowers: :hug2:

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Adaryn said:
Ditto Gaby for the coffee enema, which seems to have many benefits in terms of improving the mood, mental clarity and anxiety. Maybe she also could try some GABA (sublingual preferably) and 5 HTP? And deep belly breathing would also help when those anxiety attacks 'strike' again.

I would also like to add maybe trying aromatherapy? While reading more about aromatherapy and how it can work for anxiety I came across this two articles that may be helpful: https://draxe.com/essential-oils-for-anxiety/ and http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/frankincense-oil.aspx

Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy for anxiety is very popular because our sense of smell triggers powerful emotional responses. We process so much information through our sense of smell — in particular, in an area of the brain adjacent to the limbic region, according to “Freedom from Anxiety: A Holistic Approach to Emotional Well-Being” by Marcey Shapiro and Barbara Vivino. (14) This is the area of emotional processing and memory recall.

When the scent of an essential oil is inhaled, molecules enter the nasal cavities and stimulate a firing of mental response in the limbic system of the brain. These stimulants regulate stress or calming responses, such as heart rate, breathing patterns, production of hormones and blood pressure. Aromatherapy can be obtained by using it in a bath, as direct inhalations, hot water vapor, vaporizer or humidifier, fan, vent, perfume, cologne, or — one of my favorites — through aromatherapy diffusers.

Hope this helps you guys :) :hug2:

GABA can help reducing anxiety:
http://overcomingyouranxiety.net/naturalanxietyremedies/gaba-for-anxiety/

DougEE said:

DougEE, I have been battling anxiety off and on for years, and have had a similar experience where anxiety is intense throughout the day, then mysteriously ends in the evening. From what I have read, this is rather common and it may be related to stress induced higher than normal cortisol levels. Cortisol normally peaks in the morning, then declines throughout the day.

Dr. Axe has a good article on getting cortisol under control - _https://draxe.com/cortisol-levels/. In addition the suggestions already recommended by others here, he also recommends regular exercise, deep breathing exercises, and using adaptogenic herbs to lower cortisol, such as ashwaganda, astragalus, ginseng, licorice root, holy basil and others.

I have had some success using homeopathic remedies – the one that has worked best is Hyland's Calms - _www.hylands.com/products/hylands-calms.

It’s also good to make sure she is getting sufficient magnesium - see: www.sott.net/article/276589-Got-anxiety-You-may-be-deficient-in-magnesium

Hope that helps. :hug2:

The time span of the anxiety is a bit puzzling but like Gaby I recommend probiotic replenishment. Your wife has taken some very heavy antibiotics so I strongly suspect that her gut flora is out of wack. Gut health, or lack thereof, does strongly influence mood and brain health. Here's some SOTT articles on the subject.

Altering your gut bacteria eases anxiety and depression
Probiotics: Good bacteria for your brain?
Gut-brain connection: Researchers find evidence that diet & gut microbes can influence brain inflammation

Hope this helps.

[quote author= DougEE]So this begs the question as to what processes can create anxiety time sensitive to 10:30 am to 4:00 pm?[/quote]

Hi DougEE, sorry to hear what has been going on.

I doubt this has anything to do with it, but besides the possible psychical/body/bacterial causes, maybe there is also something psychologically going on?

For me, I had a time that I would rather be awake at night, without any daylight. Daylight and the middle of the day felt to confronting. It brought anxiety about fear of the outside World. If the World slept, it felt like I didn't had to deal with such things. Took me some time to get aware of it.

It was a form of being anxiety time sensitive I suppose.

Maybe some of it applies to your wife? But she has to be honest about her state of mind, depression and anxiety can hide in very creative ways.

Allthough, I think it's most telling how she worsened after those procedures.

Hopefully the solution has already been shared by others.

I hope all goes well :flowers:

Sorry to hear about your wife's health problems, DougEE. I hope the suggestions above will help. If you read this article, you can see that many hormones and neurotransmitters are involved in the sleep-wake cycle, and one benefit of improving gut health is that it will probably improve the production of neurotransmitters, hopefully help with balancing things out. In addition to links posted above, there is also this one on gut health and the brain:

When Gut Bacteria Changes Brain Function

It’s not yet clear how the microbiome alters the brain. Most researchers agree that microbes probably influence the brain via multiple mechanisms. Scientists have found that gut bacteria produce neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and GABA, all of which play a key role in mood (many antidepressants increase levels of these same compounds). Certain organisms also affect how people metabolize these compounds, effectively regulating the amount that circulates in the blood and brain. Gut bacteria may also generate other neuroactive chemicals, including one called butyrate, that have been linked to reduced anxiety and depression. Cryan and others have also shown that some microbes can activate the vagus nerve, the main line of communication between the gut and the brain. In addition, the microbiome is intertwined with the immune system, which itself influences mood and behavior.

:flowers:

Yup, the sleep-wake cycle is closely connected to the activity of gut flora in relation to cycles of eating.

Having done the most brutal course of antibiotics known to man - and survived (barely) - I can testify to the benefits of the coffee and probiotic enemas, the use of 5-htp and GABA (monitor for need), and the use of melatonin before bed to help detox the brain. It may sound like a bizarre solution, and one might be hesitant to try it, but it has been a near miracle for me. After the probiotic enema, I was able to stop taking the 5-htp and GABA, too! Now it seems my gut is more friendly and is helping to provide me with the neurochemicals I need.

And notice that I said THE probiotic enema. I just needed to do it once, though I used 6 capsules of high powered and varied probiotics. I was making sure.

Thank you for your replies.
We have already tried the 5-HTP (but not the GABA) as well as Aromatherapy and a host of herbal preparations with no significant changes. The ashwaganda, licorice root and holy basil all contain tannins and this triggers vertigo usually within 24 hours of taking them. The Magnesium biglycinate really does help and we found a good liquid elemental magnesium that really helps relieve an A-fib episode. We have also gone through a lot of different probiotics with only mixed results. The Ultimate Flora Colon Care was the most effective probiotic as it did clear up one diarrhea spell, but seems to have lost it's effectiveness on later applications.
I like the enema ideas as there seem to be many good testimonials so I think we will pursue this approach.

Our Naturopathic doctor has been trained in CEASE therapy and she suggested that we research it. The website http://www.cease-therapy.com/ has some good info:

The treatment of autistic children and even adults has matured through 300 cases over the last three years and is called CEASE Therapy, which stands for Complete Elimination of Autistic Spectrum Expression. Step by step all causative factors (vaccines, regular medication, environmental toxic exposures, effects of illness, etc.) are detoxified with the homeopathically prepared, that is diluted and potentized substances that caused the autism. Currently we use the 30C, 200C, 1M and 10M potencies to clear out the energetic field of the patient from the imprint of toxic substances or diseases.

Isotherapy treatment
Using the causative substances as a homeopathic remedy, their profound toxic effects can be witnessed as the children begin to react to the remedies. The reactions on the isopathic remedies are so characteristic, that there can be no doubt about the existence of a link between the toxins as the cause and the development of Autism as its effects. In this way Dr. Smits discovered, step by step, why autism and other behavioral problems, with their specific developmental problems, have so dramatically increased over the last ten to twenty years. It also became clear that autistic children do not suffer from one single cause but from an accumulation of different causes.
Even illness, medication and vaccination in the energetic field of the father and mother before pregnancy can be transmitted to the child by energetic transfer.

During Dr. Smits' research for complete healing, he was gradually more and more amazed how certain substances, even those not labeled as toxic, can be a causative factor for autism or other developmental disorders. For example; he saw a dramatic improvement in an autistic girl by the detoxification of a nose spray, xylometazolin, which the mother had used regularly during her pregnancy. Prescription and over the counter medication, exposure to chemical substances, that are foreign to the human body and fundamentally toxic, has become more and more the cause of illness. This is not only true for vaccines, but also for many of the treatments prescribed by our modern doctors.

So maybe since my wife's problems started with antibiotics Novamoxin and Clindamycin, maybe their imprint in her energetic field needs to be removed.

Hi Doug EE,

you might also look into a possible methylation problem:
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34286.0.html

A short article on the subject: "Anxiety, Depression and MTHFR Genetic Defect"
_http://www.healthnutnews.com/anxiety-depression-mthfr-genetic-defect/

“The process of methylation and the conversion of homocysteine to methionine play an important role in protecting both physical and mental health. Methionine is essential for producing glutathione, the body’s primary antioxidant. The liver also converts methionine into SAM-e, a chemical that helps metabolize brain chemicals dopamine, serotonin, and melatonin. Therefore, it is possible that a defect in the MTHFR gene may promote high levels of homocysteine levels in the blood, negatively affecting mental health and mood.

Hi DougEE,

I agreed with all things that have been said on the Thread. Very interesting, especially about the connection gut flora / neurotransmitters. Will try the Probiotic enema soon !

I think magnesium is crucial concerning anxiety (liquid transdermal magnesium chloride works very well). Have a look for the baking soda / magnesium chloride baths. Very effective.
Dr Sircus glorifies cannabidiol (CBD, a non psycho-active substance of cannabis) in Hemp oil in adjunction with magnesium to manage stress.

And, it's a bit expensive, but the Biomat (Far infrared Sauna with amethyst) works very well for relieve stress and detox. And one can sleep on all the nigth.

Hope it will help your wife

Time for an update

April 2017:
In an effort to curb her constant diarrhea (probably related to the collagenous Colitis) we embarked on an FMT program (Fecal Microbial Transplant) with a local hospital doing such research. The first three weeks were very successful in reducing the number of trips to the bathroom from about 12 per day down to 2 or 3 per day. My wife had 3 FMTs the first week , then tapered off to one per week and then in early May it was reduced to one every 2 weeks.

May 2017:
A long-awaited dental appointment for dental transplants approached, and the dentist agreed that he would not have her take antibiotics because of her history of C Difficile from dental work in 2005. The dental surgery went fine but 2 weeks later a return trip alarmed the dentist as there was infection. He said she must kill the infection and asked what antibiotic gave her C Diff last time, and it was Clindamycin. He said he'd give her another less potent one. She took it and in just a few days the infection had cleared up and the dentist was very happy. But my wife's diarrhea had worsened even though she was still doing the FMT. We consulted with the FMT doctor and she suggested that a stool test was in order. Low and behold, C Diff was discovered. So the FMTs were ramped up again very quickly and in 3 weeks time the C Diff was gone. WHEW!! This was near the end of June and on the advice of our homeopathic doctor my wife signed up for sessions in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) because the time sensitive anxiety had not lessened since April despite her taking homeopathics. Moreover, the acupuncturist she was visiting to relieve migraine auras was not panning out and he was cancelled in mid August.

September 2017:
She continued to take homeopathics daily and FMTs every 2 weeks but cancelled the CBT sessions as they offered little insight. In mid September she had a colonoscopy where it was confirmed that the Microscopic Colitis has lessened. This made the GI and the FMT doctor very happy, as well as us. But the anxiety continued, mostly mid day between 10am and 4pm. We have been aware that Magnesium does help to lessen the anxiety but the laxative effect eventually occurs. So as a result we have tried a whole variety of different Magnesium compounds but have found nothing that alleviates the anxiety without the laxative effect.

October 2017:
The FMTs occur now once every month and the bowel movements are normalizing slowly.
Through more research on Magnesium we have found the site https://drcarolyndean.com/2017/03/magnesium-deficient-anxiety/ where Dr Carolyn Dean explains the magnesium connection to anxiety. This site, drcarolyndean.com , and her ebooks are very enlightening and she explains that the best magnesium supplements on the market are only 4 % to 20% absorbable into our cells and the remainder gets flushed to our colons where they relax the colon muscles to generate the laxative effect. Also, these supplements have at most 9,000 ppm for magnesium concentration.
She suffered severe time sensitive anxiety like my wife and she has researched and developed her own magnesium supplement of magnesium chloride that is picometer in size and hence is 100% absorbable into our cells and doesn't produce any laxative effect because there is no surplus to be dumped into the colon. With her product called Remag, which has 60,000 ppm in concentration, she has conquered her own severe anxiety and she has also developed some other picometer sized products as cofactors to help magnesium do its job.
Her contention is that 80% of the population is deficient in magnesium and that deficiency is the root cause of so many autoimmune conditions because every cell requires magnesium to be the cellular calcium policeman, as it were, since it is needed to provide proper calcium balance and hence prevent calcification in various parts of the body.
The upshot of this is that we ordered her products and my wife noticed a direct positive effect within 3 days even though it can take one or even two years to re-saturate your body with magnesium. She has noticed changes in her stools, as well as a lessening of her insomnia and some relief in anxiety.
So the way forward is looking more positive.

Back
Top Bottom