The Game is Life by Terry Schott

ianvr

Jedi
Hi everyone

I've searched this forum but couldn't find a reference to this 5 book series. I found the story line and his insight into many things so interesting. The story is a bit Matrix like but goes about people playing themselves in virtual games. They are born on a planet called Earth and live full lives not knowing who they really are. But back on their own world a full life living in this "game" only goes by in a couple of weeks.

There are so many interesting references to the use of Reiki, living multiple lives and more hidden meanings. I've just finished the second book (both in a couple of days) and will go into the 3rd book shortly. His story focus mostly around, the world being a game kind of theme; but reading his books make me feel he knows so much more.

On his website he makes the following comments:

"I think the concept has been slowly forming in my brain for years, details mixing and adding as I watch different movies and read different books, but the two strongest influences are “The Matrix” and “Ender’s Game”. I still remember watching “The Matrix” in the movie theatre when it first came out. In my head, a voice began to say, “yes, yes, yes!”. “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card and “Midnight at the Well of Souls” by Jack L. Chalker (where they talk about a giant computer that runs the universe) are also long-time favourite books.

Ancient cultures also fascinate me, specifically references to life being a dream or simulation. Ancient Vedic scrolls from thousands of years ago talk about this, as do the ancient Toltec teachings. And of course there is the children’s song, “Row Row Row Your Boat”. “What if these are messages which have been forgotten over time?”, I began to think, “If this life that we live in is simply a virtual reality game, how would I explain it?”

That is what I set out to do in the story in a very simplistic way."

For those interested, Book 1 - The Game (The Game is Life Book 1) is free on Amazon (Kindle version) and also free on iBooks for download.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom