Exorcism, Church and Hypnosis.

BrendaH

Jedi
Hello.

Today I listened to the audio files about channeling and exorcism part 1 and part 2 from Cassiopaea.org page, I was looking for answers about exorcism and what are those entities, if they are demons, or different parts of our personality that manifest themselves in that way or whatever it could be. The reason why I was curious about it was because before I get rid of my old beliefs I used to go to a church called "The Universal Church of the Kingdom Of God". This church was found in Brazil in 1977. Well, the point is that this church have a special meet for everyday of the week. And what I want to talk about it's about Fridays. Friday is a "liberation's day" and that's how they call it. It's basically, and after listening to the audio files that I mentioned above, like a spirit release meet/therapy or whatever you want to call it. The pastor of the church starts the meeting, people pray, and then he starts putting above people's head the "consecrated mantle" while he is praying. He says something like this: "In the name of Jesus, all the spirits of sadness, illness (he names a lot of "spirits" more)... that are in the body of this person, I order you in the name of Jesus to leave the body" and more... well, and people starts crying, shouting, fall to the ground, In some cases they want to run away of the church and so. I remember that I used to hate this part, there was a lot of noise. I used to feel scared. As always my heart began to beat fast, it was really awful. So, I end up founding a relation between what Laura said in the audio file and with what I've seen there. When a person starts to shout, cry, and all I've mentioned it's what they call "manifestation". After the manifestation follows the liberation or release of the spirit, so we can say that they are part of the same process. When someone is in this state they are not themselves because this entity takes control over the person's body. My mother still going to this church and so does my aunt, and once I asked her what do they see when they are in this state (I wanted to know where the mind or "I" goes when this entity takes control of the body) So she told me that she sees nothing but a black space and my mother told me the same, but in her case was white.

What I could observed is that for all of this to happen people need to let themselves go, they have to concentrate in the words of the pastor, plus the faith that they have in Jesus or in the power of the pastor, etc., they make it easy.
Do you remember I said that in some cases people want to run away of the church when they are under this state? This happened to my mother once, she run away and tried to go directly under the wheels of a moving car. And one of the persons that helps the pastor shouted something at her and took her out of this state. There was also an occasion where a girl began to vomit blood, apparently she was on drugs and was involved with a satanic group, I don't remember exactly. And I can go on. All the persons that have experienced this manifestation/liberation have something in common. All of them have a tortuous childhood, problems with drugs, involved with satanic groups, depression, suicidal thoughts, illness (but most of the time I saw someone under that state because of this was because, apparently it was a genetic illness or someone had made some kind of sorcery or whatever to the person).

Laura in the audio files mentions, what she calls the formula, where she calls angels of light to take the entity out of the body and guide him to the light, If I understood right. And then we have the pastor calling for Jesus to take the entity out of the body. I don't understand nothing about hypnosis and I don't know if the formula is the method to induce a person, but if this is the case we can say that when the pastor calls for Jesus, he is inducing the people under hypnosis.
And also she mentioned that the subject under hypnosis made movements like a serpent, and this is something that I have seen in the process of liberation.

Conclusion: I think what they do in this church is like put you under hypnosis so they can release the spirit/demon/entity. But now I wonder, I have seen a lot of people in the state of liberation, and when the process is finished they feel better, but then they go back to their old habits and the next Friday is the same as the last one, So can they really get rid of them? Can they leave these bad habits and consequently get rid of the entity?

These are videos of people being under the state that I've mentioned, all of them are in spanish or portuguese, I'm sorry for that, I couldn't find any video in english. But basically the pastor asks to the entity about what is he doing in the life of this person and what he wants, and the entity responds. In all of the videos says that he wants to take the soul of the person.

1)https://youtu.be/3KKZsZ2DzKY
2)https://youtu.be/ryINqexWzug
3)https://youtu.be/FK-1QVg7nuM
4)https://youtu.be/JUW2iNN_jF0

Well, that's all, I would like to know your opinion about this and if you think this "liberation's Fridays" consist in putting people under hypnosis to release the spirit.

I hope I expressed myself well. Bye :)

Well, there are three main things that really matter when engaging in these spiritual fights, knowledge, willpower, and intent. The vast majority of priests are slaves to a false religion that requires blind belief over personal spiritual development. Calling on Jesus or winged creatures with harps is unlikely to help very much because these beings aren't what the priests think they are. When you have an idea what they are, it is easier to call them. When the practitioners have no real connection to these higher realities I don't think they have much power over the demons, at best they annoy them enough that they go into hiding for awhile before they reassert themselves. If a priest really, really wants to do good and has an unwavering desire to serve, it may be enough to make a connection with higher beings who resonate with that energy despite having false knowledge. I think that level of piety is rare.

My overall impression of these videos is that these exorcisms are in some cases fake, extremely reckless, or both. First of all, I can't see why you would be having an audience full of open, unprotected people watching the exorcism if it is genuine. The demons can tap into people's subconscious weaknesses and use that distract the priest. It is a draining activity and often times the helpers are at risk of being attacked. Having a bunch of people sitting in an audience watching this while the exorcist prances around with a microphone in his hand is careless in the extreme, or the whole thing is just their equivalent of the televangelist spectacles we have in the US. I got the distinct impression that the guy with the microphone is the one who is possessed and the whole thing is a forum to get as many others possessed as possible. You get a meet and greet with your own personal demon, how nice. If the demon is exorcized, it just moves to a more comfortable host sitting in the crowd. If I was the demon I would be thinking, "look at all those sheep mesmerized by my power; mmm ripe for the plucking." I seriously hope these guys are putting on a show, because if not, they're dabbling in things they do not understand and they're all lunch.

As for hypnosis, it is frequently employed to discover spirit attachments which can sometimes be demonic, so it would make sense that is an avenue they would use to bring these entities out and corner them. It can also be used to make a scene to amuse and humiliate people like some magicians do. If you read Hostage to the Devil, Bill Baldwin's Spirit Releasement Therapy Manual, and the Law of One books with this question in mind, I think you will get a pretty good overview of how real exorcisms work. Baldwin's book in particular talks extensively about the different kinds of problems that are uncovered with hypnosis, such as personality fragmentation, deceased relatives, alien mind control, and bona fide demonic possession. These books have been a foundation for some of what Laura has written on the subject and then she expanded on it.

If your church process is anything like these videos depict, it doesn't surprise me at all that people relapse. The way these priests act shows that they don't have much knowledge, and their intent seems to be some form of self aggrandizement. That is not going to cast out a demon, but the evangelical performance might be good enough to fill up an offering plate. Also there are no quick fixes. If the behaviors and attitudes that allowed the demons to come in in the first place are not discussed and rectified, they will keep coming back.

Hi BrenXHkm

The following 3 sessions talk about exorcism and spirit release since it is related to some of your questions raised, you might find it interesting.

[quote author= Session 2 May 2015]Q: (L) That's in the sessions. We talked about that. Scottie, do you have any questions about your recent reading?

(Scottie) Well, kind of... I recently read Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin. I posted on the forum about it. A short discussion ensued, and several people asked basically what's the deal with Catholic priests doing an exorcism and they invoke Jesus, blah blah blah. So, many of us were wondering how that works. We kind of know that the story that Catholics believe about Jesus is not exactly true. It's a lie. So, I'm having a hard time reconciling this whole "invoking Christ" thing with the fact that entities seem to get in the door when you're lying to yourself about something. So, that's how they get in, but then a Catholic exorcist is technically believing a lie if they're invoking the name of Jesus, and the entities are pretty smart, right? So...

(Perceval) Why would it be effective?

A: Intent combined with being and willingness to do good can often produce effects even when knowledge is absent.

Q: (Perceval) That's what I was thinking. They may believe that Barney the Purple Dinosaur is going to get rid of the demon, but they themselves are fighting for it, ya know? So they're putting their own energy into it. Whatever they believe in, it's they that are putting the energy and will into it to try to effect a change.

(L) Well, it reminds me about that story Terry told about the barfly guy. It was like something rose up inside him, and he confronted this individual and said, "We don't have a problem here, do we?" And it was like "BEing" inside him - even though he didn't have any real knowledge about who or what the guy was, or any of the other stuff that came out later - it was like his awareness that there was something at another level operating there was kind of the awareness that was being looked for. I guess if you're in an exorcism situation, the very fact that you have the minimal awareness that you're dealing with "something" that's non-corporeal and cannot be seen is already more awareness than most people have!

(Perceval) So that means you can interact with and affect it in some way.

(L) That's a certain level of knowledge.

(Perceval) With the whole Jesus thing, just look at Lourdes. There are people who actually have been cured by their own belief. So, there is an actual power behind that. Even if it's false!

(L) The individual seeking the exorcism obviously is Catholic, or some part of them has this belief. That creates this force.

(Pierre) And the priest has devoted his life to Catholicism, so he has this strong faith. And it's off in terms of historical factors, but there is nonetheless this higher power...

(L) And the C's said there were higher density beings that are able to give this power or help people when they are called on.

(Pierre) Even Caesar. We asked about it, and I think he said something about when people call on Jesus, he will answer.

(Perceval) Or for some...

(Chu) I think there might be a third factor, too. The priests know they're taking a risk for somebody else. That courage or bravery is also part of BEing. So, the entity could see they're believing a lie, but Holy Moses! They're even willing to open themselves up and fight against it.

(L) That's a possibility too. Still, in that book there were several cases that were just really scary. I think Scottie's analysis at the end of that poor guy who was dying, and what was it you said? He knew about evil or something?

(Scottie) He wouldn't tell Martin what the deal was until right before he died. He said he had gone through his life and he was just serving Jesus, and blah blah blah, but he had never considered the idea of hating, or really despairing, or rejecting Jesus. He knew of evil, but he didn't know evil directly. Once he did, it forced him to actually say to himself, "Well, what if Jesus isn't the end-all and be-all?"

(L) Or what if there is another side to it all, and the universe is more complex than we can imagine?

(Scottie) It literally tortured him for the rest of his life.

(Perceval) So, a direct experience of the supposed reality proposed by the Catholic church actually led this guy to question his faith in the church itself! Everyone just believes the ideas and myths and the teachings, but they have no experience of it. Good, evil, the devil, Satan... But nobody has any direct experience of it. Once they have direct experience of that stuff you're supposed to guard against, and it shakes their faith.

(L) It shakes your faith in reality because you realize that there is the existence of this "something", and apparently it has its right to exist. It's one thing to hear stories about Adam and Eve and the serpent coming along and tempting, and then all of these later stories about demons and all that kind of stuff. But when you come to the realization that it's really, really real... That it exists, it has an effect, and in a sense it has its place in all of existence, and that it has its own right to exist... Then you realize that the story about god being all good, that's what fails. You can still think of something that's omniscient and omnipotent, but it's no longer all good. That's when you realize that you have this choice. And that choice is just horrifying to people.

(Pierre) And the universe is about balance. If you have powerful good entities, then you have powerful evil entities.

(Perceval) I think like you're saying there, it might actually make people question whether or not god actually cares in the way it's presented.

(L) Yeah, and these are things I talk about in The Wave.

(Perceval) It makes you think. It makes a former blind believer think in real terms, and you come up with difficult questions and not many answers.

(L) Alright, so who's got questions? Moving along...[/quote]

[quote author= August 12, 1995 ]Q: (L) Well, I think I have a good grasp of this concept, but I am asking questions to obtain answers for others to comprehend.
A: That is not being completely honest.
Q: (L) Close enough. Is it true that recitation of mantras can effect spirit release or exorcism?
A: If you please.
Q: (L) Last week, the remark was made, regarding spirit release and exorcism, that if it is done properly, by the right person, that there is no side effects or eventualities that
would bring detrimental conditions to the individuals and location involved. What was meant by "done correctly?" What is the correct format or mode for exorcism?
A: Correct manner involves honesty and understanding that one has complete faith and awareness of the activities pursued. In other words, when one performs an act which
they proclaim to be having a desired result, and they do not have faith in their own actions as, in fact, producing the desired result, then the effort will collapse because of
their lack of faith. Whereas when one has complete faith and multidensity understanding, their activities are indeed truth and useful as prescribed and this is the correct way
to pursue them.
Q: (L) Isn't faith a difficult commodity to acquire?
A: Not at all. When you have found something of truth you will receive demonstrations which locks in your faith.
Q: (L) I see. What is the criteria for the "correct person" to be performing exorcism or spirit release?
A: The same as the previous answer.[/quote]

[quote author= Session 16 August 2014]Q: (L) Is it possible to do spirit release on yourself?

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) How might one go about it if one were to even attempt such an outlandish thing? [laughter]

A: First one needs to identify the entities and various parameters surrounding the situation. This is best done via meditation or dream work, or even viewing and intuitive feedback by another who is sensitive. Once the situation is understood, one can then appeal to the entity or utilize various applications of discipline. Keep in mind that the matter of will and discipline are paramount in spiritual hygiene.

Q: (Perceval) It brings back that idea - I don't know where I heard it first - that for spirit release, if you've got attachments, they basically hang on to you if there's something that they get out of it. So basically, you stop doing what it is that attracts them: bad habits, bad attitudes, programs...

(L) And then they leave.

(Perceval) That's SRT.

(Chu) Focusing too much on doing auto-SRT is actually focusing on yourself. But if you just do the Work basically, they'll leave.

(L) Pretty much.

(Chu) So why even think about doing auto-SRT?

(L) Well, I think it's useful to know the parameters and things. It's helpful for some people - I know it was for me - to know that the health issue I had was from an attachment. That was helpful to me. And then, I began to apply discipline. I mean, I knew that “Twisted Sister” was in there! [laughter] And I was gonna do EVERYTHING that she HATED!! And every time she made my shoulder hurt, I just kept doing whatever it was that made it hurt. I remember the instant that she left. It was like electricity flying through my body. It was like being struck by lightning. There was this flash of light in my head, and the energy went from one arm across my shoulders, and out the other one. And that was it. In that moment, I was actively disciplining myself by forcing myself to swim in spite of the excruciating pain that I was experiencing. For me, it was excruciatingly painful to move my arm like that. It was like screaming pain, and I just kept doing it... stroke after stroke after stroke. And I was even talking in my head saying, "Alright, witch! Take that one! I am NOT stopping!" And I was saying this sort of thing in my head. I was having this conversation. Finally, it was like, "You might as well just give up, because I am never giving up!" And that's when it left. It's kind of an auto-spirit release. So, having a little identification of what's going on is helpful. Like if you have an alcoholism problem, or gambling, or whatever.

(Chu) Yeah but what I'm saying is you can leave it as an option, like yeah, maybe I have this pain because of an attachment. But the key point is to discipline yourself whether there is an attachment or a program or whatever.

(L) It's true that if there's some part of you, some aspect, some habit, or whatever. This is what Gurdjieff talks about. How many of those "many I's" that he talks about are attachments? And his method was this discipline, this self-observation, the struggle between "yes" and "no" leading to giving birth to the Real I, and having it become the fused master. How do we know that wasn't a kind of SRT? Let's ask that question. Was Gurdjieff's method also beneficial for eliminating spirit attachments?

Q: (L) As I just described, more or less, that by acts of will and discipline and observing and all of those things, that the fusing of the real self and the discipline that that requires means that there is no longer a frequency match for the attachments? Is that correct?

Q: (Perceval) I think SRT is useful from a conceptual point of view, like, "This isn't really me!" It may not actually me that's thinking or acting this way.

(L) You begin to talk to it.

(Perceval) Otherwise you might tend to think that your natural traits are you. So, to have that idea that it may not be me and it might be an external influence is useful.

(L) It's very useful.

(Perceval) As a motivator, ya know?

(L) Like I talked to this pain. If you have a habit, or if you have a characteristic, talk to it! Isolate it, and talk to it. "YOU are not in charge here!"

(Perceval) Is it very much the same as in real life when you hear about people falling in with a bad crowd? Like drinking buddies, and he drinks because they drink, etc... But when he decides he doesn't want to do that anymore, they go away; they don't want to hang out with him anymore. So, that's a parallel with real life. But as soon as you stop doing it, they don't want to be your friend anymore. You're not in the gang anymore. They leave you.

A: Exactly!

Q: (PoB) So it basically doesn't matter if it's a spirit attachment, or it's the false personality, or a parent's voice directing you... What it is, you fight the same way with everything.

(L) Yeah, I think so. Is that it?

Q: (L) So, what can people be doing... I mean...

(Perceval) Work on their programs. They can call their programs attachments if they want. Doesn't matter what you call it, as long as you're working on it. You can say it's an ingrained habit I got from my parents, or it's an attachment. Either way...

(Chu) I want to change it because it's not me.

(L) It's not who I really am. It's not who I really want to be, so it has to go!

(Pierre) What was interesting in the example you gave is that you identified this pain as something external. In most cases, the more you force body pain, the more painful it becomes. But here, you went through the first step the C's described: identifying. You knew that's not normal.

(L) Yeah, because clearly there are cases where if you have pain, you need to lay down and you need to rest. You need to wear a brace or something. Not all pain would be the way mine was. So, the useful thing here was to be able to identify that, to know that what it was was this attachment. Well, of course there was some actual injury that was involved with it, but it had been long enough for the injury to heal, but the pain persisted.

(Perceval) I think part of the problem with SRT is that it's very appealing to people who decide that maybe all of their issues are attachments, and all it takes is a couple of phone calls to get rid of it and essentially deal with all of the issues. In other words, supplanting the idea of Work on the self with a couple of phone calls, and then “I'm clean! I'm done!” That's the draw of this kind of SRT work; it's a phone call. How easy is that? Someone else does it for you, supposedly.

(L) I think it's a useful thing IF somebody is involved in the Work, and IF they continue working and they apply the discipline that is necessary before, during, and after to change their frequency. And that's what's important about asking the attached entity “when did you come? What was I doing? How was I vulnerable?” To get that kind of information...

(Pierre) You identify the frequency, or he personality state that it is the attractor...

(L) Yeah, and that's the useful thing. I think that's why they said that if you need SRT, you need to find the parameters.

(Perceval) It's almost like by definition, if you have an attachment, then you also have an issue that needs to be worked on. Just getting rid of the attachment doesn't get rid of the issue. Say you were being morose or moody or whatever, and then some attachment comes along. Just because the attachment goes away, doesn't mean the issue is gone. You already had the issue that drew in the attachment in the first place. So, just getting rid of the attachment doesn't fix the issue. You also have to continue to work on yourself.[/quote]

[quote author= BrenXHkm]Conclusion: I think what they do in this church is like put you under hypnosis so they can release the spirit/demon/entity. But now I wonder, I have seen a lot of people in the state of liberation, and when the process is finished they feel better, but then they go back to their old habits and the next Friday is the same as the last one, So can they really get rid of them? Can they leave these bad habits and consequently get rid of the entity? [/quote]

Like you may have gotten out of these sessions is that ultimately ''The Work'' is the most effective antidote for spirit release. Spirits who amplify or create new habits in the living can do so because people lack self-knowledge. As soon as they gain more self-knowledge, they can stop this behavior and the entity will have nothing more to feed off. So they will just go away and look for other victims who lack self-knowledge and blind spots of awareness people have they can hook into.

But most people don't practise ''The Work'' or anything alike. So what happens is that others can banish entities away, but as long as the person who carried this entity does not positively chance. They can yet again become victims of the same entities.

At least that's what I am getting at, here is more info:

Spirit attachment

https://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Spirit_attachment
In general, a spirit attachment means that a discarnate spirit has attached itself to a living individual's body or energy field. Spirit attachment is unfortunately extremely common and usually goes unnoticed. According to Bill Baldwin, 70% to 100% of the world population has a spirit attachment. And, from her experience, Laura Knight-Jadczyk never had a single client who didn't have spirit attachments. [more reading]

Thank you Neil and bjorn for your answers!!

Like you may have gotten out of these sessions is that ultimately ''The Work'' is the most effective antidote for spirit release. Spirits who amplify or create new habits in the living can do so because people lack self-knowledge. As soon as they gain more self-knowledge, they can stop this behavior and the entity will have nothing more to feed off. So they will just go away and look for other victims who lack self-knowledge and blind spots of awareness people have they can hook into

This makes sense, I wondered why when I started the work, some problems that I had for years have stopped very quickly. I remember I tried many times to take them out of me because there was no reason for them to be there, nothing had happened before to me to be struggling with that. So I started the work and now I feel excellent, I always thought there was something that wasn't part of me. I had the will before I knew the work but for some reason I always failed. I think the part that was missing was knowledge.

BrenXHkm said:
Thank you Neil and bjorn for your answers!!

Like you may have gotten out of these sessions is that ultimately ''The Work'' is the most effective antidote for spirit release. Spirits who amplify or create new habits in the living can do so because people lack self-knowledge. As soon as they gain more self-knowledge, they can stop this behavior and the entity will have nothing more to feed off. So they will just go away and look for other victims who lack self-knowledge and blind spots of awareness people have they can hook into

This makes sense, I wondered why when I started the work, some problems that I had for years have stopped very quickly. I remember I tried many times to take them out of me because there was no reason for them to be there, nothing had happened before to me to be struggling with that. So I started the work and now I feel excellent, I always thought there was something that wasn't part of me. I had the will before I knew the work but for some reason I always failed. I think the part that was missing was knowledge.

Yes, our 'mechanical' state of being 'invites' all kind of entities. This is from the casswiki which explained it better :

https://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Spirit_attachment
A spirit release therapy is one of the recommended ways to remove attachments from oneself. The crucial point overall is to change one's frequency in order to encourage spirits to leave. For an example, we would stop feeding those behaviors that are, essentially, "bugs" in the universal program, and align ourselves more, over time, to those that are aligned with universal purpose. Knowledge is the greatest ally in this, as by gaining knowledge and working on ourselves, our frequency changes, and there will come a point where we no longer be "tasty" enough for the attachments to stick around.

I think people shouldn't look for easy solution to get rid of spirit attachments because ultimately nobody can do it for them, sure it can help but to make it permanent working on the self is essential. So it's better to self-observe and recognize bad habits and chance life in a more positive way.

- There was also once a podcast done about the subject you might find interesting :
https://www.sott.net/article/274165-Behind-the-Headlines-Spirit-Release-Therapy-Interview-with-Patrick-Rodriguez-Heather-Hayes

About 30 some years ago. My friend invited me to God Blessings ceremony in her church. Until that time, I don't have any particular religion or belief, I was just curious about unknown things, so few times in my life to explore different place, such as churches, temples, or fortune-tellers.

Anyway, so I went there with my mother, in the place Los-Angeles California.
The church was about half full of people and about 30 some people sit in one line to wait for blessing. And my mother was last person and I was before her.
The special holy person started to bless one by one, then after blessing, I noticed that the person is crying, or jumping, or shouting, all kind of strange things.

And then, it was my turn, when holy person put his hand to my head and speaks something, then I noticed that my conscious mind was slowly receding somewhere back.
At that moment I was doubt about who is blessing me, so I asked in my mind, something like "Is this a true God that who creates whole Universe and everything in at? If so, I thank you. Please help me"
At that instant, seems everything stop and then my consciousness slowly coming back to me.
At the end just my mother and me, didn't gain Gods blessing, according by church people. Anyway after that I never went to have any other form of blessing.

But when Laura say "Divine Cosmic Mind Bless you all" , the end of Prayer of Soul, then most of the times, something inside of me jumping/wriggles, it is pleasant feelings and I am aware everything and still have my consciousness.

Kay Kim said:
But when Laura say "Divine Cosmic Mind Bless you all" , the end of Prayer of Soul, then most of the times, something inside of me jumping/wriggles, it is pleasant feelings and I am aware everything and still have my consciousness.
I am glad you brought this up. That is my favorite part of POTS when I especially feel humbleness and warmth around me.
I will use the opportunity to thank Laura for that.

Hello, thanks for sharing Kay Kim!!

when holy person put his hand to my head and speaks something, then I noticed that my conscious mind was slowly receding somewhere back.
At that moment I was doubt about who is blessing me, so I asked in my mind, something like "Is this a true God that who creates whole Universe and everything in at? If so, I thank you. Please help me"
At that instant, seems everything stop and then my consciousness slowly coming back to me.

I remember that something similar happened to me, my mother approached me to one of the persons that helps the pastor, this guy was like the right hand of him. He put his hand on my head and started to say things like "all spirit of sadness who is bringing depresion to this person, puting thoughts in her head (I've never talked to this person about personal things or anything else before, I don't know why he started to say these things, I suspect it was because I was always with a serious expression and I didn't used to socialize with other members of the church, so he thought I was depresed???, I usually got there and sat observing the environment until the ceremony began)... all spirit who is putting an inherited disease (as far as I know I don't have any disease, this person was/is like my mother's counselor so to say, so he talks a lot with my mother who have 6 herniated discs and apparently this guy and the pastor told her that it was because of an inherited disease but the truth is that mymother was/ is overweight and also worked for 8 years in a neuropsychiatric clinic most of the time washing, helping to dress, lifting the elderly from the beds, laying them on the beds and so on. Of the total number of patients, 90% were elderly, many of whom were no longer able to do these things by themselves, therefore they needed help. But it doesn't matter... for this guy my mother have an inherited disease, and if my mother have it and if it is an inherited disease, in the logic of this guy I have to have it too, right??). I remember that I had to stood there close my eyes and concentreate on what he was telling me, but I wasn't exactly doing that, I was paying attention to the whole process, the sensations that I had, because I wanted to understand why when they did this on people they "went crazy" and did those sort of things. At the beginning I was like, "nope, that will not happen to me, I'm going to think about someting else to distract my attention" but then I got curious and I let myself go a little and what I can tell you is that as you describe I had the same sensation as you, I could observe how one part of me was trying to go to sleep so to say and another part, the councious part, was fighting this in my case.

Kay Kim said:
About 30 some years ago. My friend invited me to God Blessings ceremony in her church. Until that time, I don't have any particular religion or belief, I was just curious about unknown things, so few times in my life to explore different place, such as churches, temples, or fortune-tellers.

Anyway, so I went there with my mother, in the place Los-Angeles California.
The church was about half full of people and about 30 some people sit in one line to wait for blessing. And my mother was last person and I was before her.
The special holy person started to bless one by one, then after blessing, I noticed that the person is crying, or jumping, or shouting, all kind of strange things.

And then, it was my turn, when holy person put his hand to my head and speaks something, then I noticed that my conscious mind was slowly receding somewhere back.
At the end just my mother and me, didn't gain Gods blessing, according by church people. Anyway after that I never went to have any other form of blessing.

Something similar happened to me when I was much younger. Then I was much more impressionable and a little desperate to find some relief to the current situation I was in. I attended a 3 day youth retreat, which consisted nothing but constant indoctrination and manipulation.

I came from a very religious family, and I myself always had a sense of spirituality, but no idea of where to put my faith. Long story short, I was alway sceptical about the Christian church, and during this retreat, the obvious mantra was how our scepticalism was our own obstacle to reaching god. Every night we had something similar to these 'liberation' parties, where there was singing and worshiping, and people finding 'release'. At some point it was my turn to get a 'release' and I was told to believe, and let go, and feel the love of god, our savior.

I tried to take their suggestions. I asked, begged, and pleaded for savior, as they directed me to do so. To say the least, I felt something very similar to what you experienced, and that is that my consciousness was fading.

In hindsight, I can see how the whole thing was a complete hypnosis scam. Not only that, but it was dangerous! We were all being directed to 'invite' Jesus in, and welcome him, and to let go, and this left us all open to a real, and actually dangerous entity to step in.

Shortly after that experience, things in my life went from bad, to worse, and I never stop considering how the latter could have been an catalyst to that.

To say the least, these kind of practices are very dangerous, and almost creepy to me. I was maybe 11 or 12 when this happened. I never subscribed myself to a church after that, and decided Christianity just wasn't for me!

PerfectCircle said:
Kay Kim said:
I am glad you brought this up. That is my favorite part of POTS when I especially feel humbleness and warmth around me.
I will use the opportunity to thank Laura for that.

Yes, that is my favorite part of POTS too! End of day, rest in bed and doing meditation exercise is so comforting and peaceful that I do it every single night.

Back
Top Bottom