What is that ‘ice monster’ in Alaska’s Chena River?

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Recently I stumbled upon the following news report. Doesn't look like a log or anything similar. On the other hand could be just an illusion, and a bunch of nets or other things bundled up together. Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/eCffZ1JwUXQ

Keit said:
Recently I stumbled upon the following news report. Doesn't look like a log or anything similar. On the other hand could be just an illusion, and a bunch of nets or other things bundled up together. Thoughts?

I think it could be a net or something similar indeed. What I find suspicious about this video is that, whether deliberately or not, but the camera avoids to show us the 'head' of the supposed 'creature' or it's alleged 'movement' against the water flow - to make such conclusion we need to watch the shore simultaneously which we can't in this case. Otherwise this 'thing' could be simply attached to something else (a boat?) with a rope and just be floating in the water without actually moving forward.

Just some thoughts, it could be a creature too, who knows. FWIW

Like one of the announcers said, it looks like it could be a sturgeon. But who really knows.

Redrock12 said:
Like one of the announcers said, it looks like it could be a sturgeon. But who really knows.

Yeah, the sturgeon sounded about right but they have little shark like fins in the back which is not visible on this thing. I'm thinking it might be something getting pulled along by someone which could explain why the nose of it is under water and not visible but the way it moves is kinda like swimming? :huh:

Siberia said:
I think it could be a net or something similar indeed. What I find suspicious about this video is that, whether deliberately or not, but the camera avoids to show us the 'head' of the supposed 'creature' or it's alleged 'movement' against the water flow - to make such conclusion we need to watch the shore simultaneously which we can't in this case. Otherwise this 'thing' could be simply attached to something else (a boat?) with a rope and just be floating in the water without actually moving forward.

Just some thoughts, it could be a creature too, who knows. FWIW

That is something that i find weird, just like the mirage over China and that is, in this day and age, with cameras and phones everywhere these clips are always less that 10 seconds short...
I think i would want to capture as much of it as i can minutes of it, specially if i find it Weird, no?

Personally i think it looks like an animal because it is moving on a wave pattern and the bote is moving straight. But I've never lived around water, so i wouldn't know..

Back
Top Bottom