Activating Frontal Lobe

[quote author= Solie]I agree that emotions are a tool, they help is interact with the world. For example, anger let's us know when something is done against us.[/quote]

Yes, and when something harmful is done against others. Righteous anger helps us to distinguish between right and wrong. It's part of our conscience.

But the Human condition rathers seeks out warm and comfy feelings. But Anger practised correctly is essential for soul growth.

Don't underestimate the power of the ''dark'' side. :P

- But I don't know if anything of that is mentioned in the meditation for those who practise it? I though, it's to important to be left out. So better not leave it unmentioned.

[quote author= 3D Student]bjorn, in regards to getting rid of anger I suppose I meant getting rid or dealing with the causes of it. Which are probably low EQ and being pressured for time and not spending time wisely.[/quote]

EQ is about learning which emotions are relevant and not.

So it's actually learning to distinguish between emotions of the lower center and higher center.

I think getting rid of the lower is more about learning to understand where it is coming from and realizing it's soulless quality.

With understanding comes letting go.

And what Solie said, it important to figure out what our emotions are trying to tell us.

[quote author= 3D Student]I can have righteous anger every so often when reading about what the psychos have done to this world.[/quote]

Emotions of the higher center such as righteous anger help us to better learn what is Real and by that what is False in our being.

I don't know anything about the meditation. But regrooving the brain sounds a bit like transmuting?

I think we can only really regroov the brain in the right way if we crystallize on the right foundations.

Meaning that if you have found something of 'soul substance' in yourself. It's good to keep focusing on that.

OSIT.

Hi Kay Kim,

I have a few questions:

Kay Kim said:
'Intuition and other 'psi' phenomena are very interesting result of a technique pioneered by TDA Lingo(the mountain man mentioned in the Ra material Book 1).

I looked for 'mountain man' as well as 'TDA Lingo' in the Ra text that I have, but I couldn't find anything about it. Could you perhaps post that paragraph? If they do mention a 'mountain main', how do you know they were talking about TDA Lingo?

I had a look at the PDF file you provided. There are some meditation guidelines (though I have to say they are a bit strange) on p. 46 and 47. Are these the exercises you've been doing or were you referring to one of the other ones? Could you please give a page nr or maybe give a short summary of what it is about?

Kay Kim said:
Lingo was haunted by a question that his years at college failed to answer: "Why must I go to war and kill my brother?". One of his professors advised him that to answer that question, he would have to start his own research project and create his own research lab...
Lingo's work let him into..... He claimed to have discovered a way to utilize 100% of his brain... which enabled him to communicate with non-human species, experience extra sensory perception.

How does he prove that he is utilizing 100% of his brain?

I did a search on the forum, and found this post (from 2006) regarding the work you're mentioning by forum member Ben:

As I explained, I have since grown beyond the perspective offered by Neil, which I always questioned and suspected was massively incomplete, and I now see how that is this case and its potential for detrimental effects on one's overall Being. It was a lack of knowledge which meant that I failed to truly study the fruits TDA Lingo's research, which involve the avoidance of negative emotions rather than the utilisation of same and do not appear to have lead to any true understanding of the nature of the world. These pleasurable chemical states are as addictive as the artificial results of drugs, but I naively considered that they had an intrinsic value because they are 'natural'. Like I said, I lacked a lot of knowledge then that I have now.

I'm not trying to discourage your experiment here Kay Kim, it's all very interesting. But there is a lot of disinfo out there, and people out there who are claiming all kinds of things, and I think the best way to figure out whether any method has any merit is to look at it as objectively as we can :)

Hello Oxajil,

The mountain man mentioned in the law of one book-1 page 46, is here,

http://www.lawofone.info/pdfs/introduction-to-book-I.pdf

'Back in the United States.......In 1978 James Allen McCarty heard about our group....

In 1972 he booked a course of study in consciousness expansion called “brain self-control” with a gruff old mountainman who lived in a log cabin at 10,000 feet in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. During this course he learned, for the first time, of the possibility of communication with'.

And from the Neil Slade's book 'The Frontal Lobe's Supercharge' also mentioned he was with TDA Lingo, that 10,000 feet up an old mountain cabin in the Colorado Rockies. I just have sample book from iBooks store to read that information, perhaps you can get free sample book from Amazon too.

So far, there is no other mountain man who lived in Colorado that teaches frontal lobes development.

And how does he prove that he is utilizing 100% of his brain?

I was quoted from Wikipedia, that Lingo claimed to have utilize 100% of his brain. Maybe he did or he might think he did but less than he might think he did. Who knows. But anyway a lots of people claimed that using his method expanded their consciousness.

You say there is a lot of disinfo out there.

I know, that's why I never read any other books unless recommended by forum or members. But so far Lingos method works for me. And I just read up to page 26, and practice his two exercise now.

One is Laugh, first day I tried to laugh 20 minutes, but it wasn't easy. I did about 5 minutes, and my chest got warmed to hot. And it last for several hours that I was aware consciously.

Other exercise is review my childhood's good happy memory and I become that person just few seconds and comes back to myself to feels that feeling of joy spreading out through my whole body, then waves of energy moving through my body. So, then I'm more consciously aware my body's energy and same time focus in here and Now.

I am not doing all the exercise in Lingo's book, and I am not doing exactly like what book say to do, but right now, the two exercises all I need.

Maybe some days later, if I have time to read more and find something thats not appropriate to our belief, then I will let you know.

I think the concept of "only using 10%" or "100%" of the brain is not a valid one. Most of the brain regions are working 100% most of the time, day and night. I think a more valid question would be HOW do we use our brain capacity best - do we use it to indulge in subjectivity or are we trying to be as objective as possible? Do we try to learn new behaviors or do we merely just keep on using the same behaviors over and over again, even if we know at some fundamental level, that they are not working in our favor that much?

To me that seems to be the crux of the matter.

I think the whole 100% of the brain idea is a missconceptualization of the idea that one process such as walking activates one area or areas of the brain, while another such as reading activate a different one.

The whole idea that we can use 100% of the brain can reffer to a form of rewiring the thinking pathways, like have all areas activated in walkin or reading, to be able to absorb more information from the environment, which sounds similar to the idea of receivership capacity, and access to higher levels of awareness. We perceive more from the same environment.

This article was shared recently in the forum about the brain falling asleep while awake:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43181.0.html

The other thing that i was going to say is that i found the blockages of consciousness that keep our perception from reaching expanded levels of awareness is what we all our programs and forms of perception, these programs can have a root in emotional blockages and that is how Some people can benefit from excersices that promote the release of dopamine, and thus a form of rewiring.
However, and one of the reasons i asked if there was a purpose for this experiment, is that from what i am interpreting, this form of release seems undirected, and the process inducess a number of sensation that can rewire some pathways. Though we have no control or awareness of the process. More data is needed...

I think kay kim, if this is an experiment, to treat it as an experiment i think it is a good idea to gather this kind of data, and maybe report it also, but you need a theoerical structure for this experiment, test it, gather information, gather data, report and noushish this idea with feedback and discussion.

After my experiment, i found out some things i was ready for and some i was not in hindsight, so it is always good get feedback from others because we can lead ourselves astray and because we need to put our theories to the test.

Here are some notes of the experiment and observations i made, which i still have to polish:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43075.0.html

nicklebleu said:
I think the concept of "only using 10%" or "100%" of the brain is not a valid one. Most of the brain regions are working 100% most of the time, day and night. I think a more valid question would be HOW do we use our brain capacity best - do we use it to indulge in subjectivity or are we trying to be as objective as possible? Do we try to learn new behaviors or do we merely just keep on using the same behaviors over and over again, even if we know at some fundamental level, that they are not working in our favor that much?

To me that seems to be the crux of the matter.

I agree with what nicklebleu says above. Most of us understand that the way to see more clearly and for our minds to operate in a better manner is to increase our knowledge, awareness and being all at the same time at a more-or-less same rate. What many of us here do to accomplish this, and perhaps much else, is the Work. It is certainly very difficult and takes an awful lot of time and effort, but is the only method we have been able to find which actually has the intended results.

To be sure, we would all like it if there was a quick and very easy method to accomplish the above, but after many years o'f research it has been found there really is no other method that obtains this goal. Yes, there may be some sort of perceived results' from some of these types of methods, but are they the real equivalent of the results of actually doing the Work necessary for our development?

So, I have been doing some of TDA Lingo's methods of exercise. When I started, it was fun and new things, but a few weeks later, the excitement was lose, and eventually I totally forgot about it.
Maybe because, it was from the members skepticism or maybe I was bored from repeatedly had to keep imagine childhood's happy memories.
I thanks for feedback from all the members. I appreciate your concerned care for me!

Anyway a some times ago, I was reread Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program, page- 31 reply from Laura's post,
Laura said:
When I meditate, I close my eyes and focus on the area of the "third eye" just above the nose. That turns the eyes slightly inward and upward. Works for me!

This method of meditation is good way to stimulates Frontal Lobe, plus whole body.
And this method is so easy and simple. Now I am so exciting about doing Laura's meditation every day, haha

Back
Top Bottom