Our house cat Pika died last night

Very sorry to you and your roommates about he loss of kitty.

We recently lost our beloved bunny, for me it was very symbolic of the times as there was already lots of turmoil in our house, it was like an added challenge just to up the ante on already stressed situation, kind of like a stretch in awareness to force more knowledge to happen. I firmly believe our Bunbun came to teach hard and fast lessons in taking more care to learn information, primarily how to care for things better and how to let go emotionally of situations that can't be controlled.

I hope you find the lessons that Pika came to teach you all.

Hi Sedenion, maybe I'm reading your post all wrong and am missing out on your point, but I can't help but find your reply to be a bit insensitive. If I understand you correctly, you are saying Pika choose to run out to the street and basically commit suicide to get away from her awful owners, who kept her in that jail, that they called her home?
I appreciate your concern Solie but I did not feel as though Sedenion's comments were insensitive. Quite frankly I agree with Sedenion that perhaps:
the cat preferred to die than staying "strictly indoor" (in jail)
This is certainly a harsh perspective but could also accurately describe the reality of the situation. Although, if I were not 'ready' to see such a possibility I probably would have considered Sedenion's comments to be quite insensitive and so I would only recommend exercising caution when broaching such matters.

Condolences to you and your roommates on the loss of Pika. It's sad when our animals leave us, especially in a traumatic way such as this. She wanted to go outside, not necessarily to escape her "imprisonment", but perhaps just to explore the world outside your door. Most likely she would have come back home had not this accident occurred. But when things such as this happen, it does sometimes make us questions things, such as our situational awareness. It is a chance for learning.

It is such a shock when an animal that we love gets killed in traffic. All the best to you, Doug. :hug2:

I agree with Adaryn, we really should think twice about having animals when we live near a busy road or in a town. I would love to have another cat (mine was also hit by a car, and she was used to cars and paid attention to her surroundings), but the risk is simply too high. When my kids were younger they took her for a walk after we moved a couple of times, so she could get used to her new home. That seemed to help, so maybe we could help cats getting used to traffic. That said, people drive like maniacs and don't care about/loathe cats and other animals.

I'm sorry for your loss Doug, Pika is such a lovely cute name. I wish you and your flatmate the best.

Goodness!! I feel so sad for you and your roommates.What a shock find your loved pet dead.I hope you can deal with this situation,and i do not know if is a symbolic event,but anyway just open your eyes a paid attention around you. :hug2:

I am very sorry for your loss of Pika Doug, may she rest in peace and may you recover in your loss, take care of yourself in the grieving process.

I'm late on a response here but very sorry to hear about the lost of Pika it must of been difficult after taking so much care to protect her from going outside. I lost a beloved cat of mine and luckily I was informed by a kind passerby who found our Sonny.

I think when you lose a pet it is natural to look at the situation deeply and question what happened. Pika's natural instinct was to go outside and we can't always stop these things from happening.

I hope things are improving and The grieving process has been a gentle one for you.

Back
Top Bottom