Danger, calm reaction, achieving safety and the young woman watches

Miracle

Jedi
FOTCM Member
Quite unfortunately after finishing this post earlier my internet connection timed-out and I lost the entire post so here is take two. (note to self - save as draft every once and a while on longer posts to ensure you do not lose entire posts).

A couple of days ago I had a dream in which the exact same plot occurred three times in a row in different settings. The events that played out in each dream plot went like this: I find myself in great danger, I react incredibly calm, I work myself out of danger, there is a young lady who I discover had been watching me the entire time and could have helped but didn't. I do not remember the environment of how this plot played out in the first two dreams but I remember the third dream quite well. (Or so I think! It would be interesting to compare the post that I lost earlier to this one for discrepancies if it could be found!)

I was traveling upstream on a wide lazy river in a small swift kayak. There was a forest to my right and to my left was a grassy shoreline, a boardwalk and maybe a small town in the distance. I don't remember anyone else being on the river. At first I was exerting a great deal of focused energy on my paddle stroke to get the rhythm down (which is strange because in reality I am an excellent kayaker). Once I got the rhythm down I remember getting quite excited at my achievement. Soon after the nose of the kayak began dipping underwater for seemingly no good reason for there wasn't a hole in the kayak nor was I taking on water. I worked hard to keep the nose up although eventually I sank to the bottom of the river. The water was pretty clear, there were a few rocks but it was mostly silt. Despite being in a dangerous situation as I appeared to be 30ft underwater I felt impeccably calm and got out of the kayak and swam to the surface. The moment my lips kissed the surface of the water I was stopped for some unknown reason. I looked down and around my ankle was a fishing line that was caught on a rock at the bottom of the river. I swam back down to the bottom of the river and released the fishing line from the rock (apparently I did not think untying the line from my ankle was an option). I then swam back to the surface for air. Incredibly, I was not desperate for air even though I had spent a considerable time underwater! I swam over to the dock that was nearby and noticed that a young woman had been watching me the entire time. She said nothing, smiled approvingly, turned and walked away. Somehow I understood that she could have intervened and helped me the entire time but didn't for some reason.

Now I think that the interpretation of this dream is fairly obvious but please comment if you think differently. I believe that it was a kind reminder to myself that I have the capability to react calmly and appropriately to dangerous situations. Things in my house have been heating up recently and my ability to remain calm has proven to be quite useful in the past few days. Our house-cat Pika died yesterday and believe that this dream might be connected. The link to that thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43208.msg689373.html#msg689373

I say sorry here for Pika, I've always appreciated ginger cat and the uniformity of their fur, I have my content of experiences in cat crushing :(.

I had a dream where my head popped the surface of the ocean. I remember just this symbolic scene for the entire dream, and quite vividly. That was at this time where I was letting go of a lot of emotions in my life and where my consciouness had the place to see beyond the banal way of living life.

Maybe the fishing line is some little string-attachment that prevent you for really going with the flow ?

Back
Top Bottom