Zero Days: Alex Gibney explores the phenomenon of Stuxnet

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just finished watching this, and thought it gave a reasonably unbiased view on a covert war that had been ongoing for some time, between the US/Israel and Iran.
It is stylishly presented in part (making it a 'real life thriller'), without being overboard.
It's implications are of particular interest given 'the Russian hacking threat', and given we only have 4 days left before Trump enters the White House, we could potentially see something similar going on.
Having said that, the capabilities to disrupt infrastructure may not be as wide reaching as this documentary make them out to be.

What I did find most interesting was the snapshot into the workings of the agencies, their 'reasoning' and the 'image' they sold in this documentary. All with the background of the US/Iran nuclear deal in mind.

_http://www.zerodaysfilm.com/
A black ops cyber-attack launched by the U.S. and Israel on an Iranian nuclear facility unleashed malware with unforeseen consequences. The Stuxnet virus infiltrated its pre-determined target only to spread its infection outward, ultimately exposing systemic vulnerabilities that threatened the very safety of the planet. Delve deep into the burgeoning world of digital warfare in this documentary thriller from Academy Award winning filmmaker Alex Gibney.

I saw this a month or two ago under the advice of someone in the sott radio chat.

I agree that it was well done. Some of the sources might be feeding information to portray an image of power. Perhaps that is why it was allowed to be told. Make people scared, yet accept it- ends up being a twisted way of "respecting free will" to the Psychopaths/STS?

If we assume that secret source from the NSA/CIA(?) was really telling the truth:

The scariest thing that came out of it was that there are many backdoors and planted viruses/trojans that could be used to further the agenda of the PTB as blackmail.

It was also interesting to hear what Israel did, push their program too far, despite the US agencies trying to be more subtle with Iran. Sadly, Israel had and still has too much influence. They are the wild card who can have a tantrum and destroy everybody with a click of a button.

Back
Top Bottom