Occult Forces(1943)

Tristan

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
The Mysteries of Freemasonry (Franc-Masonry) first revealed to the screen) is a French anti-Masonic film (forces occultes. Premiered for the first time on March 10, 1943 in Paris, although there are authors who claim that it was released on January 9. It was directed by journalist and French filmmaker Jean Mamy, although he was more popularly known by his pseudonym Paul Riche, and being writer of the same the writer Jean Marquès-Rivière.

It is the last film of this author and by its size is considered half-length or short. With a duration of about 55-60 minutes, it shows us the antimasonic aspect of the same, typical of the spirit reigning in a small part of French society during the period known as Le Régime de Vichy or Vichy France.

The film contains a denunciation against Freemasonry, parliamentarism and the Jewish community, coming to connect them with a "Judeo-Masonic" conspiracy theory to end the French state... I found the movie with subtitles in English on youtube.

https://youtu.be/V4vY_WxXRBc

Plot: The film gives life to a young deputy, who one day decides to enter the Masonry with the idea of, among other things, socially improve both in his private life and in the world of politics. During the course of the same the young person realizes that in the interior of the Lodge his brothers are dedicated to conspirar next to the alleged "Jews" in the desire to face France with Germany.

I became interested in Freemasonry in high school after reading William Cooper's Behold a Pale Horse (the first "conspiracy" book I ever encountered) which I think has some truths in it, mixed in with Cooper's sensationalism and paranoia - and then later through reading works by Manly P. Hall, who was made an honorary 33rd Degree Freemason simply because of his scholarship on the Order, without having actually gone through the rituals of initiation and such.

I met a few Masons before from local lodges in NJ - average Joes - and they pretty much said it was like a fraternity where they would meet up, talk, drink, and even do charity work. I suppose at the "lower levels" that's true. I imagine at the highest levels, though, it could definitely function as a form of networking for the extreme rich to carry out their agendas, although I doubt it is the dominant secret society in that sense. I kind of lean toward the idea that there are groups that operate within and outside of Freemasonry with, we'll say, nefarious agendas, but it's difficult to be certain of that. In college I read an interesting little book by a dude named John Robison called Proofs of a Conspiracy, in which he argues that Adam Weishaupt's Order of the Illuminati had infiltrated Freemasonry and were using is as a vehicle to subvert the sovereignty of all European nations. The full title of the book is Proofs of a Conspiracy against all the Religions and Governments of Europe, carried on in the secret meetings of Freemasons, Illuminati and Reading Societies.

Back
Top Bottom