Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Vaccines

Thanks Biomast. Sheesh, the war on our health is utilizing gazillions of avenues. I'm listening to the "Toxic World, Toxic Bodies" podcast again while I'm working. Such precious info! Thanks to everyone involved.

From the Columbus Dispatch (_http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/07/22/vaccine_web.html?sid=101):
Survey shows most people know little about vaccines
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:46 PM
By Misti Crane
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Vaccines are widely misunderstood and underused, especially by young adults, despite their potential to save 50,000 lives a year in the United States, national immunization experts said today.

A survey of 1,001 Americans commissioned by the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases found that knowledge about vaccines is lacking and points to potential problems for both adults and the children for whom they are making decisions.

Fewer than half of those surveyed said they were extremely or very familiar with vaccines against shingles, hepatitis B, meningitis, pertussis (whooping cough), human papillomavirus and pneumococcal disease.

The only vaccines that most adults were extremely or very familiar with are those that protect against flu and chickenpox, according to the survey.

In general, knowledge about vaccines was most lacking among adults 18 to 26 years old.

Foundation president-elect Dr. William Schaffner joined other experts in calling for more vaccination of adults.

Schaffner said he worries that young adult's poor knowledge about vaccines will translate to poor vaccination rates in their children when they begin to have families.

Assistant U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Anne Schuchat said she was disappointed but not surprised by the survey findings.

Even in older Americans, vaccination rates are not where they should be, she said.

An annual survey of U.S. residents, which included 29,000 households in 2008, shows that 67 percent of senior citizens were vaccinated against flu and 60 percent were vaccinated against pneumococcal disease.

Only about 7 percent are vaccinated against shingles, an extremely painful disease caused by the chickenpox virus.

When I saw the title, I thought the article was going to talk about the dangers of vaccines--WRONG! Just more propaganda and the push to get EVERYONE vaccinated for something and everything coming down the pike. I think a vaccine for obesity is in the works as well. However, check out the e-comments to this article:

Its me said:
I disagree. I think more people are being more aware of the potential negative effects on children. I believe children should receive some type of protection from diseases and viruses. Giving a baby or toddler a highly potent mixture is inhumane. Spread the shots over time. More people would want to become more active in obtaining the shots.

It would be nice to review the ingredients in vaccines.

Nurse Nancy said:
Is Big Pharma now dictating to the local paper?
And how about those abominable TV commercials for HPV shots that imply all girls should get vaccinated since they'll be sleeping around. I guess they'll do what it takes to market their poison.

Viki said:
My sister, age 44, was told she needed an MMR booster and one week to the day after the injection she was paralyzed and was told she had Tranverse Myelitis. It caused lesions on her spine and she is now wheelchair bound. Please be cautious of vaccines and there possible effects that could arise.

Its me in response to Viki comment said:
I totally forgot what happened to my husband until I read your message. I remember my husband had to get a couple a vaccines about five years ago. He had the worst reaction to them. It was so bad that I sat in the ER lobby thinking he was not going to make it. If this happened to an adult man, what is it doing to children?

So, not everyone is completely in the dark, but of course, one has to access the comments to read this feedback, feedback that doesn't appear in the Dispatch print version.

Alas, others still buying the pitch:

Anonymous said:
I had no idea there was a shingles vaccine. Good to know, that's an awful disease to have.

Me too said:
I don't undestand what the article means, that people don't "understand" vaccines... to me, that just means that the people surveyed didn't answer the questionnaire "correctly", it's not that they lack understanding of risk.

Me too referring to the risk of not being vaccinated, not the risk of the vaccines themselves.

It's heartening that some awareness is out there. It just needs to be expanded - Knowledge protects; ignorance endangers.

Just a note. I was in the emergency dept of a Western Sydney Hospital last night with a friend who had injured his leg. We were there for about two hours. There was a steady stream of people heading out of one door, through the emergency dept to the parking area outside. A lot of them with scarves over their faces.

My friend jokingly asked if it was a shopping centre. We then realised they were coming out of the Swine Flu clinic set up next door.

It's been reported that Sydney has a very high level of swine flu cases at the moment, most likely as it is winter down here and the concentrated population. I did hear on the radio that it was described as the "epicentre" but couldn't find a source on the web this morning. Nevertheless, it's gone from isolating cruise ships at port to isolating a few land based cases to the inevitability of overworked clinics at major hospitals.

So, I suppose this is what to expect in the Northern Hemisphere when winter sets in.

Another note from me.

Here at my company, they increased the swine flu fear factor up a notch. A mail has been send around and signs have been put up in the rest rooms to warn people of the dangers of catching the swine flu virus if no proper hygiene is practiced.

Apparently, a co-worker on his vacation in Portugal is being contained there for having contracted the swine flu. I cannot confirm this, but that is the story that is flying around. Management expects more people will catch the swine flu because of the holidays and alot of people will travel and go abroad...

I do not know what to think of this, only the feeling that people are further prepped / programmed to accept vaccinations...

Caught this article on Reuters today,

Reuters said:
By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor - Analysis

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When advisers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration met to discuss a new vaccine against H1N1 swine flu last week, some of the biggest critics of vaccination were not only in the room, but at the table.

Likewise for a meeting on Wednesday of advisers who decide who will be first in line to get the vaccine, which drug companies are racing to make, test and distribute all within the space of a few weeks.

Registered nurse Vicky Debold, on the board of the National Vaccine Information Center, which questions vaccine safety, is also a member of the FDA's Vaccine and Related Biological Advisory Committee. The group's founder, Barbara Loe Fisher, asked extensive questions at the meeting.

Lyn Redwood, president of SafeMinds, a group that advocates about potential links between mercury and neurological disorders, asked questions at a meeting on Wednesday of vaccine advisers to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The U.S. federal government is more ready than it has ever been for questions, criticisms and fear of vaccines -- a state of preparedness more than 30 years in the making.

"We know that there are some people who are reluctant to vaccinate and they have heard information that concerns them," Dr. Anne Schuchat of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention told reporters late on Wednesday.

The concerns:

*Will a vaccine against a swine-like virus cause more adverse reactions than a seasonal flu vaccine?

*Will special additives called adjuvants cause reactions?

*Will the vaccines contain thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative that critics say might cause problems?

*Is it dangerous to vaccinate against both seasonal flu and the new H1N1 flu at the same time?

QUICK SPREAD

H1N1 swine flu has swept around the world in weeks, infecting millions and killing more than 800 by official counts. While only a "moderate" pandemic by World Health Organization standards, it could worsen as temperatures cool in the Northern Hemisphere, making conditions better for viruses.

Five companies are making H1N1 vaccine for the U.S. market -- AstraZeneca's MedImmune unit, Australia's CSL Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Novartis AG and Sanofi-Aventis SA.

CSL has started trials of its vaccine in people and the U.S. National Institutes of Health starts trials next month. They will compare vaccines with and without adjuvants -- ingredients that boost the immune system response to a vaccine.

Adjuvants are used in flu vaccines in Europe but not the United States and although it would be possible to get a U.S. license under Emergency Use Authorization, officials have chosen to use vaccines without it for now.

Companies such as Glaxo say they will be ready to start vaccinating people in Europe just as the first data from those trials start emerging at the end of September. Some have questioned this speed.

The FDA's Dr. Hector Izurieta said the agency had set up an exceptionally extensive network for what is known as post-marketing surveillance.

"If something happens after vaccination, the vaccine will be accused," Izurieta told last week's meeting. "There will be many, many reports of things that could be, or not, associated with vaccination."

Vaccine regulators and public health experts are painfully aware of the last swine flu vaccination campaign. In 1976, the U.S. government rushed out a mass immunization against a swine flu virus that never spread off one military base.

Several hundred cases of a rare, paralyzing neurological disease called Guillain-Barre syndrome were reported afterward and although no clear link has ever been found to the vaccine, the incident made many people mistrustful of immunizations.

More recently, fears center on thimerosal, taken out of most vaccines after activists claimed it could cause autism -- a link discredited by many scientific studies but one that some vocal activists say is still valid.

Instead of fighting the perception, Schuchat said the CDC will roll with it. "There will be thimerosal-free formulations available for those people who are interested in that sort of preparation," she said.

The narrator in this video says that viruses are nanotechnology (that is, artifically constructed, though not necessarily man-made), engineered sequences of code designed to change your DNA when enzymes 'download' their code, like reading a program:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIZI4s5NiE&feature=email

Viruses are nanotechnology. Viruses add genetic sequences. That's what many of your infections that you pass off as a cold here or the flu there,... they're actually changing your DNA. The thing about a virus is... if you don't read it, if you don't follow its instructions, it can't hurt you."

Was there ever any doubt of what this campaign has ever been about .........as the C's say...." to rewire of the central nervous system.".......and all that it is connected to ............!

Fwiw, the ACLU issued a report, "Pandemic Preparedness: Protecting Public Health and Civil Liberties," in 2008 to address the supposedly imminent Avian Fu pandemic but it's findings relate to the Swine flu as well, osit...

The full pdf document can be found here: _http://www.aclu.org/privacy/medical/33642pub20080114.html

Here are some brief excerpts:

Government agencies have an essential role to play in helping to prevent and mitigate epidemics. Unfortunately, in recent years, our government's approach to preparing the nation for a possibe influenza pandemic has been highly misguided. Too often, policy makers are resorting to law enforcement and national security-oriented measures that not only suppress individual rights unnecessarily, but have proven to be ineffective in stopping the spread of disease...

Conflating public health with national security and law enforcement assumes we must trade liberty for security...

Instead of helping individuals and communities through education and provision of health care, today's pandemic prevention focuses on taking aggressive, coercive actions against those who are sick. People rather than the disease, become the enemy...

Highly discriminatory and forcible vaccination and quarantine measures adopted in response to outbreaks of the plague and small pox over the past century have consistently accelerated rather than slowed the spread of disease while fomenting public distrust and, in some cases, riots.

The report then calls for a new paradigm for pandemic preparedness which I'll briefly paraphrase here:

1. Health - the goal is to protect the lives and health of all people in America, not law enforcement or natiional security.

2. Justice - ensure fair distribution of benefits and burdens with equal respect for dignity and autonomy of each individual

3. Transparency - transparent communication of accurate information among all levels of government and the public

4. Accountability - everyone, including private individuals and organizations and government agencies and officials should be accountable for their actions before, during and after an emergency.

Not much teeth to this given what's happening. It almost sounds quaint if the situation wasn't so urgent. :mad:

All the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC's) info on H1N1 can be found at: http://www.cdc.gov/H1N1FLU/ I worked on preparedness plans for Mayo Clinic when bird flu was looming. Everything I have access to is open to the public, and is on CDC site including instructions to doctors and communities. Bear in mind, people can opt not to have the vacinnation. BTW, compared to H5N1, H1N1 looks like a featherweight.

Auriandra said:
Bear in mind, people can opt not to have the vacinnation.

Hi, Auriandra, and welcome to the forum. Do you have any data to support your statement because there is a lot of governmental preparation that seems to suggest the opposite? Here is a small sample of articles:

Military to Deploy on U.S. Soil to "Assist" with Pandemic Outbreak

Readying Americans for Dangerous, Mandatory Vaccinations

Arkansas State Health Department: Mandatory Vaccines Are Constitutional

Judge: Swine flu good reason to suspend constitutional rights

School kids may have to get up to 4 flu shots in the fall

Swine flu shot campaign could involve 600M doses

Are you familiar with the Model Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA)?

Dr. Mercola said:
It appears some very dangerous legislation is being prepared to be implemented in the US.

If this legislation passes, in brief:

1 - You will have a mandatory vaccination or you will be charged with a crime
2 - You will get a mandatory medical exam, or you will be charged with a crime
3 - Doctors will give the exam or you will be charged with a crime
4 - Your property can be seized if there is 'REASONABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE" that it may pose a public health hazard... it can be burned or destroyed and you will NOT have recourse or compensation.

Action Step

You can go to _http://www.aapsonline.org/ and click on the Emergency Dictatorial Powers act in the left column. Then click on the December 13th Action Alert which will provide information on how to respond to your legislators on this issue.

Additional Resource

_http://www.publichealthlaw.net/

Summary

This Act would:

broaden government access to private medical records;
greatly weaken protections against the taking of private property without compensation;

criminalize refusal to be conscripted for public service or to take medical treatment;
potentially increase the risk of infection to many individuals on the pretext of protecting the common good;
subjugate scientific analysis and deliberation to the raw assertion of power; greatly expand the power of government to interfere with commerce;
and immunize state officials from sanctions against gross abuses of power.
Although certain extraordinary government interventions might be warranted in a true emergency, the government already has significant emergency powers as well as the ability to convene a special session of the legislature. It is highly inadvisable to completely suspend our delicate system of checks and balances upon the word of a Governor that an emergency requires it.

This Act, in effect, empowers the Governor to create a police state by fiat, and for a sufficient length of time to destroy or muzzle his political opposition.

The most telling sentence is: "The public health authority shall have the power to enforce the provisions of this Act through the imposition of fines and penalties, the issuance of orders, and such other remedies as are provided by law, but nothing in this Section shall be construed to limit specific enforcement powers enumerated in this Act." Article VIII Section 802.

It is unlikely that the vast expansion of governmental powers would be restricted to combating a smallpox outbreak. Once the precedent is established, it could be expanded to other types of "emergencies."

This proposal violates the very principles that its author, Lawrence O Gostin, has previously outlined, while giving them lip service. His article recommends that "public health authorities should bear the burden of justification and, therefore, should demonstrate

(1) a significant risk based on scientific evidence;

(2) the intervention's effectiveness by showing a reasonable fit between ends and means;

(3) that economic costs are reasonable;

(4) that human rights burdens are reasonable...." (see JAMA 2000;283:3118-3122).

Background

HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson is urging State legislatures to adopt the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, prepared by the Center for Law and the Public's Health at Georgetown and Johns Hopkins Universities for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

This Act grants unprecedented and unchecked powers to the Governors of the 50 States. It can be downloaded from _www.publichealthlaw.net.

It is likely that HHS will tie passage of the Act to billions of dollars in federal funding: the usual method of bribery/coercion to get States to pass legislation that would otherwise never be considered.

Paul Weyrich of the Free Congress Foundation said: "Tommy Thompson, whom I have considered a friend for thirty years, should be ashamed of himself for advocating this kind of Big Brother legislation. This is not the Tommy Thompson we knew as a four-term governor of Wisconsin."

HHS is using the 9/11 emergency as a pretext to rush passage of an Act that has been in the works for more than a year. Its main author, Lawrence O. Gostin, was a member of Clinton's Task Force on Health Care Reform, whose secret documents were exposed to public view as a result of the AAPS lawsuit (AAPS et al v. Hillary Rodham Clinton et al.)

He was a member of Working Group 17, Bioethics, of Cluster V, The Ethical Foundations of the New System, and also a member of the informal group promoting Single Payer. It is odd that Tommy Thompson should be urging adoption of a plan originating with the most extremist left wing of Clinton's Health Care Task Force.

This legislation is a serious threat to our civil liberties. Indeed, "this law treats American citizens as if they were the enemy," stated George Annas, chairman of the Health Law Department at the Boston University School of Public Health (San Francisco Chronicle, 11/25/01). It must be exposed to the light of day in the next month and a half.

"If protests are sufficient and if conservative legislators in state legislatures are properly alerted, perhaps there is a chance to beat back this monster," Weyrich said.

Major Provisions

Declaring an Emergency: Under this Act, any Governor could appoint himself dictator by declaring a "public health emergency." He doesn't even have to consult anyone.

The Act requires that he "shall consult with the public health authority," but "nothing in the duty to consult ... shall be construed to limit the Governor's authority to act without such consultation when the situation calls for prompt and timely action."

The legislature is prohibited from intervening for 60 days, after which it may terminate the state of emergency only by a two-thirds vote of both chambers. (Apparently, it does not have the authority to find that the state of emergency never really existed.) Article III, Section 305(c). There is also the possibility that the Governor could declare a new emergency as soon as his powers were about to expire.

What is a public health emergency? It is whatever the Governor decides it should be. By the definition in the Act, it could be an "occurrence"-or just an "imminent threat"-of basically any cause that involves a biological agent or biological toxin that poses a "substantial risk" of a "significant number" of human fatalities or disability. Article I, Section 104(g). Terrorism need not be involved; any threat of an epidemic would suffice.

The Act does not define "substantial risk." Could it mean a 1-in-1,000,000 chance? Risks of that magnitude are already being invoked as a cause for alarm, say of a measles outbreak with transmission through an unvaccinated child, and a pretext for removing exemptions to mandatory vaccines. The EPA also uses such low (and purely hypothetical) risk as the rationale for very costly regulations, so the precedent is well-established.

Is a "significant number" five (the number of deaths from anthrax as of the date of this writing); 24 (the number of deaths from chickenpox in 1998 and 1999 combined, 12 of them in persons under the age of 20, used as a reason for mandatory childhood vaccination); 100 cases of AIDS; or is it thousands of deaths from smallpox, as most readers may assume-or a single case?

It could be any of these because the definition is at the sole discretion of the Governor. The most plausible of the dire threats generally cited is a smallpox outbreak.

However, given the nature of the disease and advanced medicine and sanitation, such an outbreak could be contained without any of the extreme measures in this Act, just as in the 1970s. (See, for example, "Super Smallpox Saturdays?" by Michael Arnold Glueck, M.D., and Robert J. Cihak, MD, _http://WorldNetDaily.com, Nov. 15, 2001.)

Because of the adverse side effects of the vaccine (including death), more harm than good could be done by an ill-advised, unnecessary mass vaccination campaign.

Patient Privacy Abolished: The Act would impose significant new reporting requirements on physicians and pharmacists, further diminishing the confidentiality of medical records.

Personal identifying information would have to be reported in writing, without patient consent, in the event of "an unusual increase" in prescriptions related to fever, respiratory, or gastrointestinal complaints that might represent an epidemic disease or bioterrorism, or of any other illness or health condition that could represent bioterrorism or epidemic or pandemic disease. Such conditions are legion.

Gostin concedes that his privacy provision is based on his own model privacy act of 1999, which apparently no state has adopted. Like the Clinton privacy regulations that AAPS is now challenging in court, Gostin's view of privacy is to allow unrestricted disclosure to federal authorities. Section 506.

Unlimited Power: How would the Governor handle the emergency? By whatever means he chose. He is under no obligation to use scientifically valid methods, or to choose the least destructive method, or to perform any kind of risk-benefit analysis.

He may suspend any regulatory statute, or the rules of any state agency, if they would "prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action." Article III, Section 303(a)(1). Among the laws to be suspended would probably be those permitting religious, medical, or philosophical exemptions to mandatory vaccines.

The Governor may not only utilize all the resources of the State and its political subdivisions, but commandeer any private facilities or resources considered necessary, and "take immediate possession thereof. Such materials and facilities include, but are not limited to, communication devices, carriers, real estate, fuels, food, clothing, and health care facilities."

Article IV Section 402(a). He may "compel a health care facility to provide services," but it is not clear what means he may use to compel its personnel to work (Article IV Section 402(b)), except that any physician or other health care provider who refuses to perform medical examination or testing as directed shall be liable for a misdemeanor. Article V Section 502(b).

The Governor may destroy any material or property "of which there is reasonable cause to believe that it may endanger the public health." Article IV Section 401(b). And while the State shall pay just compensation to the owner of any facilities that are "lawfully taken" or appropriated (Article IV Section 406), there is a huge exception:

"Compensation shall not be provided for facilities or materials that are closed, evacuated, decontaminated, or destroyed when there is reasonable cause to believe that they may endanger the public health pursuant to Section 401." Article IV Section 406.

The Governor is in charge of determining "reasonable cause." There is a strong incentive for him to declare any losses to private owners to be noncompensable.

"Reasonable cause" might mean "contaminated." Is the Senate Hart Office Building contaminated with anthrax? Yes. Should it therefore be destroyed, or subjected to fumigation with chemicals that would destroy much of the equipment and furnishings? Most think not.

The problem is that given a sufficiently sensitive testing method, everything is probably "contaminated" with almost everything else. Moreover, every testing method has some level of false positives.

The late Conrad Chester of Oak Ridge National Laboratory stated that any place that has ever supported cattle has anthrax contamination (lecture before Doctors for Disaster Preparedness annual meeting, 1996). The same probably applies to any land that has supported sheep or goats, or any land that has had the wind deposit soil from such an area.

In other words, anthrax spores are probably ubiquitous, though at a concentration that very rarely causes any harm. Such harm as was done may have been misdiagnosed by physicians who were unfamiliar with anthrax and not specifically looking for it.

Under this law, nothing would stop the Governor from ordering a citizen to turn over his house to be used as an isolation facility, and later destroying the house on the grounds that it is contaminated. This order, like any other, could be enforced at gunpoint by any law enforcement officer.

In a time of public hysteria, fanned by press coverage based on the "if it bleeds, it leads" policy, common sense is likely to be an early casualty. It is even possible that terrorists-or persons bent on radical transformation of society and the American form of government-could deliberately raise a false alarm and influence a Governor to take action that would result in more damage to freedom than the terrorists themselves could ever accomplish.

Or radical environmentalists (who haven't, to date, generally had the label of terrorist applied to them) could bring about the destruction of an activity that they object to (such as logging, cattle ranching, or modern farming). There are no checks and balances in this Act to prevent such an occurrence, and no meaningful accountability for the public officials who carry out a basically misguided policy, however destructive.

Command and Control: The Act assumes that the best method to use in an emergency is force and central control. There is no evidence that force works better than leadership, which can bring out the best in citizens coming together to meet the crisis, just as firefighters, police, medical professionals, hotel owners, and other businessmen did in New York City.

Totalitarianism is not only evil but has had uniformly disastrous results.

Although the world has 40 centuries of experience to show that the effect of price controls on the economy is comparable to that of an asteroid impact on the earth, the Act empowers the Governor to ration, fix prices, and otherwise control the allocation, sale, use, or transportation of any item as deemed "reasonable and necessary for emergency response."

This specifically includes firearms. Article IV Section 402(c) and Section 405(b). Moreover, the Governor can simply seize such items. Article IV Section 402(a).

The Act grants Governors the exclusive power to control the expenditure of funds appropriated for emergencies; the intent and priorities set by the Legislature would be irrelevant.

The Governor may delegate powers at his sole discretion to unelected political appointees.

Criminalizing Refusal of Medical Treatment: The Act empowers the public health authority to decide upon medical treatment or immunizations and to impose its view on individuals, who are liable for a misdemeanor should they refuse.

Article V Section 504(b). Although it might in some circumstances be prudent and justified to quarantine a person who refuses immunization during an outbreak, it is tyrannical to criminalize the medical choice to decline a treatment.

An immunization or treatment might well cause serious harm to certain individuals even if the public health authority does not recognize that it is "reasonably likely" to lead to "serious harm"-another two important undefined terms. Article V Section 504(a)(4).

The Act gives the public health authority the right to isolate or quarantine a person on an ex parte court order, with no hearing for at least 72 hours. If the public health authority decides that an unvaccinated person is a risk to others, even if uninfected, he could be quarantined.

Article V Section 503(e). It is quite possible that public health authorities could force such a person from his home to a place of quarantine, where he will be exposed to infected persons. Such places shall be maintained in a safe and hygienic manner "to the extent possible," and "all reasonable means shall be taken to prevent the transmission of infection among isolated or quarantined individuals."

Article V Section 503(a). The Act itself thus implies that an uninfected person is at risk by being placed in such a facility; it is quite likely that he could be at greater risk than if he had the freedom to protect himself as he saw fit. It is assumed that public health authorities will be "reasonable"; however, this assumption is questionable.

Even now, children not vaccinated against hepatitis B are being excluded from school even though there is NO risk that an uninfected child can transmit the disease and a minuscule risk that he can acquire the disease at school.

Zero Accountability: If the State does more harm than good through unfettered use of its draconian power, it can rely on the state immunity clause:

"Neither the State, its political subdivisions, nor, except in cases of gross negligence or willful misconduct, the Governor, the public health authority, or any other State official referenced in this Act, is liable for the death of or any injury to persons, or damage to property, as a result of complying with or attempting to comply with this Act or any rule or regulations promulgated pursuant to this Act."

Article VIII Section 804.

Note that the law would grant certain immunities even for deaths improperly caused, and allows such immunity even for advisors who made recommendations based on conflicts of interest.

An Alternate Proposal

Although this Act should be rejected, there are certain measures that State governments might want to consider:

A reevaluation of the procedures for effectively quarantining persons who are a significant demonstrable risk to others, while preserving due process and substantive rights;
Improving overall preparedness for attacks with weapons of mass destruction:

upgrading and expanding facilities for the prompt detection and identification of infectious agents, toxins, chemical weapons, and radioactivity;

evaluating and augmenting State and local supplies of vaccines, antibiotics, protective gear for first-responders and medical personnel, isolation facilities for treatment of casualties, shelters against radiation, potassium iodide, other essential equipment and supplies, and information on self-protection available for rapid public distribution;

Measures to protect private citizens, including physicians, against civil liability resulting from efforts to aid others in an emergency (suggested in Article VIII Section 804);
Permitting the State to waive certain licensure requirements for the duration of the emergency to permit recruitment of additional personnel (Article V Section 507(a)); and
Suspending State, federal, or local regulations or ordinances that interfere with prudent response to an emergency while providing no scientifically proven significant benefit, subject to ultimate review and rescission or post-emergency resumption without retroactive penalties, based on scientifically valid methods.
There are many EPA requirements, for example, that are not based on good scientific evidence and could be disastrous in a real emergency. At the time of the World Trade Center fire, the EPA had to acknowledge that asbestos controls were totally excessive, in order to prevent a public panic about inhaling the white dust. (Indeed the ban on the use of asbestos above the 64th floor might have hastened if not caused the collapse of the buildings-see Jon Dougherty, _http://WorldNetDaily.com, November 20, 2001).

The ban on DDT (imposed despite the overwhelming preponderance of scientific advice and evidence opposed to this action) would severely inhibit the containment of an outbreak of mosquito or other insect-borne diseases.

The ban on incinerators because of exaggerated concerns about insignificant releases of dioxins would prevent the safest and most expeditious method of destroying dangerously contaminated materials.

Conclusions

States can and should improve their ability to respond to disaster, including bioterrorism. However, having the Governor play doctor and dictator is not the right response. Citizens should distribute information about the actual content of the Model Emergency Health Powers Act to opinion leaders, newspaper editors, columnists, the Chamber of Commerce, business groups, medical society officials, legislators, and the Bush Administration.

Action Step
You can go to _http://www.aapsonline.org/ and click on the Emergency Dictorial Powers act in the left column. Then click on the December 13th Action Alert which will provide information on how to respond to your legislators on this issue.

Additional Resource

_http://www.publichealthlaw.net/

[Note: MEHPA was passed in some form between 2002-06 by 37 states]

Just listened to a talk between Deagle and Dr Russell Blaylock about what Blaylock's research has produced in terms of effects of vaccines (adjuvants and contaminants) and how to minimize your reaction (and long term damage) if you are forced to take the jab. I'm impressed with Blaylock, his research, and the way he expresses himself. You can listen to it by:

1) Go to http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/nutrimedical/
2) Select archives
3) Select July
4) Select July 31, 2009 (hour 1)

You can find the written summary of this interview at:

http://clareswinney.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/dr-russell-blaylock-talks-about-natural-solutions-to-help-if-you-are-forced-to-take-ah1n1-vaccine/#more-2314

I'll include it below with some comments of my own in brackets:

Dr Blaylock’s Solutions To Help Those Forced To Take An A/H1N1 Vaccine Stay Healthy
08/03/2009 •
This report provides practical information on how to protect yourself if you are unlucky enough to be forced to take an A/H1N1 vaccine.

Dr Russell L. Blaylock, a highly-respected neurosurgeon, who has authored three books on nutrition and wellness, including Health And Nutrition Secrets That Can Save Your Life, recently spoke with Dr Bill Deagle, MD of The Nutrimedical Report about some proven natural, readily accessible solutions that may help deal with the toxic effects of A/H1N1 vaccines. The excellent hour-long interview can be downloaded from HERE at 0731091.

Dr Blaylock’s List of suggestions on How to Reduce the Toxic Effects of the A/H1N1 Vaccine, is as follows:

1. Number one on the list says Dr Blaylock, is to bring a cold pack with you and place it on the site of the injection as soon as you can, as this will block the immune reaction. Once you get home, continue using a cold pack throughout the day. If you continue to have immune reactions the following day, have cold showers and continue with the cold press.

2. Take fish oil. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), one of the omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil supplements, is a potent immune suppressant. If you take high dose EPA you will be more susceptible to infections, because it is a powerful immune suppressant. However, in the case of an immune adjuvant reaction, you want to reduce it. Studies show that if you take EPA oil one hour before injecting a very powerful adjuvant called lipopolysaccharide (LPS), it would completely block the ability of the LPS to cause brain inflammation. Take a moderate dose everyday and more if needed to tame a cytokine storm [This is the storm that wrecks the myelin sheathing of the nerves (MS, GB syndrome, etc). EPA downregulates this storm. - LQB].

3. Flavonoids are third on the list, namely curcumin, quercetin, ferulic acid and ellagic acid, particularly in a mixture. The curcumin and quercetin in particular have been found to block the ability of the adjuvants to trigger a long-term immune reaction. If you take it an hour before the vaccination, it should help dampen the immune reactions says Dr Blaylock.

4. Vitamin E, the natural form that is high in gamma-E will help dampen the immune reactions and reduces several of the inflammatory cytokines.

5. An important ingredient on the list is Vitamin C at a dose of 1000 mg, taken four times a day between meals. It is a very potent anti-inflammatory and should be taken in a buffered form, not as absorbic acid, says Dr Blaylock. [Buffered mineral ascorbates such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc ascorbates - LQB]

6. Also use astaxanthin as it’s an anti-inflammatory. According to Dr Blaylock, fatal reactions to vaccines in aboriginal and African children occurred in those who were deficient in carotinoids, like astaxanthin. It is a good protection against the toxic effects of the vaccine. [Astaxanthin is also good for the skin and prevents sunburn - LQB]

7. Likewise, it was found that children who were deficient in zinc had a high mortality rate. Zinc is very protective against vaccine toxicity. (Do not use zinc mixed with copper however, as copper is a major trigger of free-radical generation according to Dr Blaylock).

8. Ensure you avoid all immune-stimulating supplements, such as mushroom extracts, whey protein and beta-glucan.

9. Take a multivitamin-mineral daily – one that does not contain iron. This multivitamin-mineral is to make sure your body has plenty of B vitamins and selenium. Selenium, said Dr Blaylock, is very important for fighting viral infections and it reduces the inflammatory response to vaccines. [Zinc/selenium/minerals/B-vitamins - LQB]

10. Magnesium citrate/malate 500 mg of elemental magnesium two capsules, three times a day. (This was not mentioned during the show, but was posted at Dr Deagle’s website, ClayandIron.com).

11. What is very important is vitamin D3, which is the only ‘vitamin’ the body can manufacture from sunlight (UVB). It is a neural hormone, not really a vitamin says Dr Blaylock and helps if you are over-reacting immunologically by cooling down the reaction. Similarly, if you are under-reacting, it helps to boost your immune response. In addition it also protects against microorganism invasion. [A neural hormone that regulates the immune system - LQB] Black people and those in colder climates are particularly deficient, so they will almost certainly require supplementation.

Dr Blaylock recommends that following vaccination it will help to keep the immune reaction under control if:
i) All children get 5,000 units a day for two weeks after the vaccine and then 2,000 a units a day thereafter;
ii) Adults get 20,000 units a day after the vaccine for two weeks, then 10,000 units a day thereafter;
iii) And with that adults should take 500-1000 mg of calcium a day and children under the age of 12 years should take 250 mg a day, as vitamin D works more efficiently in the presence of calcium.

12. Ensure you avoid all mercury-containing seafood or any other sources of mercury, as the heavy metal is a very powerful inducer of autoimmunity, is known to make people more susceptible to viral infections and will be in H1N1 vaccines.

13. Avoid the oils that significantly suppress immunity and increase inflammation - such as corn, safflower, sunflower, soybean, canola and peanut oils. [Avoid inflammatory agents - LQB]

14. Drink very concentrated white tea at least four times a day. It helps to prevent abnormal immune reactions. [This is due to catechins/poltphenols in the tea - LQB]

15. Pop parsley and celery in a blender and drink 8 ounces of this mixture twice a day. Dr Blaylock says the parsley is very high in a flavonoid called apigenin and that celery is high in luteolin. Both are very potent in inhibiting autoimmune diseases, particularly the apigenin, so go and plant some parsley in your garden now.

So you might want to tuck this away somewhere and get the ingredients ready to give your immune system a modulating hand. Dr Blaylock predicts that there will be many people hurt badly by this vaccine, and some permanently so. You may be able to help many others with this info.

Dr Blaylock maintains that the worst effects arise from a cytokine storm set off in the brain due to contaminant DNA/RNA, organisms, and viral proteins that lodge in the brain, produce lesions, and chronic brain inflammation. He said that independent studies showed that 60% of vaccine samples tested were positive for contamination. The adjuvants just make everything much worse.

LQB said:
Dr Blaylock maintains that the worst effects arise from a cytokine storm set off in the brain due to contaminant DNA/RNA, organisms, and viral proteins that lodge in the brain, produce lesions, and chronic brain inflammation. He said that independent studies showed that 60% of vaccine samples tested were positive for contamination. The adjuvants just make everything much worse.

Another couple of antioxidants that should come up very handy in case of vaccination is alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and n-acetylcysteine (NAC).

Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is also an exc chelator and repairs DNA. ALA also is a safe source of glutathione. ALA recycles other antioxidants such as vit C, vit E, and glutathione. Glutathione may not reliably be augmented by oral supplementation because it cannot always pass over the mitochondrial membrane. Therefore, glutathione must be synthesized within the mitochondrion. Research has demonstrated that ALA and its metabolite DHLA provoke the cell to produce significantly higher levels of glutathione. One study reports that a little ALA could raise the levels of glutathione by 30 to 70%.

NAC (N-acetylcysteine) is also considered a source of glutathione, but what I found interesting when I was researching about brain tumors is that NAC shrinked gliomas (super evil brain tumors) even when gluthatione-blockers where given and its benefits where not really well understood. But after that there has been more research about NAC and its ability to repair DNA as well.

Psyche said:
Another couple of antioxidants that should come up very handy in case of vaccination is alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and n-acetylcysteine (NAC).

Is the best source for these antioxidants supplements, or do you recommend a natural dietary source?

Thanks

Psyche said:

Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is also an exc chelator and repairs DNA. ALA also is a safe source of glutathione. ALA recycles other antioxidants such as vit C, vit E, and glutathione. Glutathione may not reliably be augmented by oral supplementation because it cannot always pass over the mitochondrial membrane. Therefore, glutathione must be synthesized within the mitochondrion. Research has demonstrated that ALA and its metabolite DHLA provoke the cell to produce significantly higher levels of glutathione. One study reports that a little ALA could raise the levels of glutathione by 30 to 70%.

NAC (N-acetylcysteine) is also considered a source of glutathione, but what I found interesting when I was researching about brain tumors is that NAC shrinked gliomas (super evil brain tumors) even when gluthatione-blockers where given and its benefits where not really well understood. But after that there has been more research about NAC and its ability to repair DNA as well.

Thanks Psyche, and I think Blaylock made mention of ALA as well.

Seamas said:
Psyche said:

Is the best source for these antioxidants supplements, or do you recommend a natural dietary source?
For these ones, supplements is the source. ALA should be taken with meals as it tends to use blood sugar quite well.

Back
Top Bottom