Recommended Books: Discussion

Any new books you can recommend for me to download (Kindle) this holiday season from SOTT? Secret History 4?

Looking for new reading material for my holiday break away from work this December and also for a long flight to Austria. I have to keep myself occupied, since I can't sleep on airplanes, lol.

Ian said:
Any new books you can recommend for me to download (Kindle) this holiday season from SOTT? Secret History 4?

Looking for new reading material for my holiday break away from work this December and also for a long flight to Austria. I have to keep myself occupied, since I can't sleep on airplanes, lol.

The Narcissistic Family
When the Body Says No

Ian said:

There's some items that are to be added to the list. All the below are available as e-books:

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction - Gabor Mate (see recommendation)

The Authoritarians - Bob Altemeyer (available as a free PDF)

Into the Fringe - Karla Turner (available as a free PDF)
Taken: Inside the Human-Alien Abduction Agenda - Karla Turner (available as a free PDF)

UFOs for the 21st Century Mind - Richard Dolan (for info, see here and on - basically, a briefer, easier-to-read version of Dolan's more extensive books, plus some new coverage)

And this older (from 2006) book by SOTT editors - slated for 'Optional' - has a Kindle edition:

Essays on Life on Planet Earth

Last but not least, the C's transcripts from 1994 with extensive annotations:

The Cassiopaea Experiment Transcripts 1994 (Volume 1) - Laura Knight-Jadczyk (see thread)

For Caesar's Gallic War and Civil War commentaries, if I get these in book form, is there a particular book I might prefer? Are there multiple translations of differing quality? Here's one that sounds good in description:
http://smile.amazon.com/Caesars-Commentaries-Gallic-War-Civil/dp/0976072610/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423126381&sr=8-4&keywords=Gallic+War+and+Civil+War+-+Julius+Caesar

I would recommend books of John B. Arden, especially the three newest ones:

_http://drjohnarden.com/books/

In general the author encourages to follow mnemonic “SEEDS" (social contacts, exercise, education, diet, sleep) - the formula that helps to maintain brain's health and longevity. He also teaches how to deal with anxiety and many other things. Actually, maybe nothing very revealing for most of the forum's members, I guess, but some for sure can learn something new from Arden's teachings.

I would recommend the book (spanish) "recuerdos del futuro" ; (german) "Erinnerungen an die Zukunft" and (inglish) "chariots of the gods" Author: Erich von Däniken.

Content: The central hypothesis is that the religion of several ancient civilizations them was "revealed" by extraterrestrial visitors, who besides being received as "gods" in turn passed on to those they have some technical knowledge. These ideas have been largely rejected by many historians and scientists (obviously).

The types of "evidence" or "evidence" that Von Däniken cites can be categorized as follows:

-The existence of ooparts (out-of-place artifacts: 'artifacts out of place'), ie reflect a more advanced level of technological development of presumed or assumed to exist in the times in which they were produced or manufactured. Von Däniken maintains that these artifacts were produced by aliens or humans visitors who would have received from those knowledgeable enough about it. He cites several cases:
-The Pyramids of Egypt
-The megalithic stones of Stonehenge (in the English countryside).
-The moai or stone heads of Easter Island (Chile).
-The medieval map known as Piri Reis map, which is supposed to be 1513 but already shows the southern coast of South America and the Antarctic Peninsula.
-The famous Nazca Lines in Peru, he assumed were landing strips for spacecraft.

-Japanese Statue late Jōmon period (1000-400 BC.), Which Erich von Däniken interpreted as an alien visitor.
Erich von Däniken interprets some representations of ancient art throughout the world as the pictorial descriptions of "astronauts" aliens air and space vehicles and complex technology. It also describes some elements considered "suspiciously" similar in some ancient cultures unrelated.

Photography Nazca lines in Peru (created between 200 a. C. and 700 d. C.) showing the figure of a hummingbird and alleged "runway" for hypothetical extraterrestrial visitors.
Von Däniken also assumes that the emergence of some revealed religions is caused by contact with an alien race, including some interpretations of the Bible, particularly the Old Testament. According to Von Däniken, humans of that time had naturally considered technology mentioned as something supernatural alien visitors, and themselves as gods. He wondered whether the oral and literal traditions of most religions contain references to 'star visitors' vehicles and allowing them to travel through the air and outer space. These, he says, should be interpreted as literal descriptions which have changed over time and become darker (ie more difficult to understand).

Examples of this type are:

The revelation in the Book of Ezekiel in the Old Testament, which Von Däniken interprets as a detailed description of landing a spacecraft on which the angels there have been mentioned humanoid aliens.
The instructions given to him "God" Moses to build the Ark of the Covenant, which Von Däniken assumed that it was some sort of device to communicate with an alleged alien race.
The orders given by "angels" the patriarch Lot and his extended family to go to the mountains because of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah by God. According to his own interpretation, his wife would have turned back to look at the nuclear explosion and would have fallen dead in the same place.
Also, Von Däniken attempts to draw an analogy with the so-called sects cargo (cargo cults) that emerged during World War II and continued after the end of it. In them, some isolated tribes in Papua New Guinea assumed that US pilots descended from its cargo planes were gods who came from heaven.
++++++++wikipedia extract++++++++

Personal quote:
the book gives many references to the past with "evidence" and often trying to find logic (obviously the author tries to introduce their ideas) beyond that they don´t speak about "hyper dimensional" beings. faces a reality for many is closer fiction. I think this book is a good reference to understand a little the past and thus begin to piece together what was / will be.

Thanks for the recommendation, I found some books on amazon, electronic version, the price is acceptable, give you the opportunity, it is sometimes difficult to find books in Spanish, thanks again.

:read:

There is a signed copy of The 5th Option available over at Amazon in case anyone is interested:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1412027799/ref=dp_olp_collectible?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible

I decided against getting it, since I might be writing in my copy and figured someone else might better like to have it, here on the forum or elsewhere.

Have read all the Wave books over the years and still enjoy rereading them. Now I'm on In Search of the Miraculous - P.D. Ouspensky.

I've just read Joseph Cambray's book "Synchronicity: Nature and Psyche in an Interconnected Universe". Those who are interested in this topic, can find it interesting. The author connects many dots, sometimes in a really surprising way.

http://www.amazon.com/Synchronicity-Interconnected-Universe-Analytical-Psychology/dp/1603443002/ref=la_B002U7949Y_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427445125&sr=1-1

Attached in Pdf file.

And below for forum members from Poland:

http://www.akademiapsychologii.pl/sklep.html

Attachments

• Synchronicity Cambray.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
Hi everybody!
I have been trying to make sense of everything published in this section for quite while. As NYBODY ELSE, I h

I have tried to post some personal comments regarding available sources of information and educational literature in my previous post.
Seemingly by mistake on my part my entry has been prompted to "send' before me having entered the whole body of the text I wanted to be part of my intended message. Therefore the sent message has been only a short part of the whole intended text. I am sorry for that but I HAVE TO ADMIT IT WAS SOLELY DUE TO MY POOR SKILLS IN USING THE COMPUTER AND THE INTERNET LINKS, ETC - therefore, now, I am trying to redo it as my initial intention has been.
What I have really tried to do was adding a few more possible titles to the reading list.
After reading some of the recommended books in the list and looking around to more possible other sources I have found that we were stuck in the conundrum of self discovery and correction of the faulty things that kept us in that condition we found ourselves in.
Reading most of the recommended books list and even others I have reached the conclusion that we do really need a new understanding and approach for a better outcome.
After reading other sources, and thinking over the content of my other readings I have decided to add in this message some of the titles 0f the books that could change our understanding of what really happens to us all, and possible solutions for our problems.
What I am suggesting as an addition to the already long books list is:

PRIMAL HEALING ISBN-10: 1-56414-916-1 and "
Life BEFORE BIRTH" ISBN: 978-0-9836396-0-2,

both by same author ARTHUR JANOV.
He is the author of a number of other books some of which are already out of print, and others that are still available, but I thought that the two titles I have suggested should be enough as a primer.

My take on the content of those two books is that they are the missing link to getting back our sanity and that it is the long waited for missing link in the fourth way processing.
Namaste!

The recommended books list and guide is moving to CassWiki, where there's a Recommended books page.

This makes for a major overhaul. Instead of footnotes, for each book there can be an article, linked to from the list. The blue links in the list go to such articles, while books that don't yet have any articles have red links.

The more general text in the guide is also replaced by articles about different subjects. For example, directly under the "Health and diet" heading, you'll find a link to the wiki's Health and wellness article series. (By the way, the diet information has been updated, since we've learned that the ketogenic diet ultimately doesn't work so well for everyone, though it's still optimal when it does.)

This new version is not complete yet. There's new and updated information about both books and subjects, but some things are still missing. In the meantime, the old list and guide remains here on the forum to provide those missing pieces.

Apart from the Recommended books page, there's also a brief and general introduction to the content on the wiki: CassWiki:Reader's guide. Currently it doesn't say so much, but there's room for further improvement.

Any ideas and suggestions for the new version are welcome!

Can anyone recommend a book that explains how to deal/live with a narcissist? I've read reviews of the big 5, but thought one may detail this aspect more than the others. I have myth of sanity, but have not read it yet.

will01 said:
Can anyone recommend a book that explains how to deal/live with a narcissist? I've read reviews of the big 5, but thought one may detail this aspect more than the others. I have myth of sanity, but have not read it yet.

Perhaps this one Character Disturbance: The Phenomenon of Our Age. I'd recommend to read the big 5 books in proper order, though (as in the list).

Back
Top Bottom