What are you listening to?

Thinkingfingers said:
Shown to me by Bluefyre,
Sailing by christopher cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdD3Qy5U2t0

Thinkinfingers,

I really like this song too. But "caught up in the reverie" might have been part of his inspiration. It's a shame that some of the most creative people are struggling with the lure that goes with the success.

I hesitate to even mention this since I have downloaded much of his music and think he has real talent. If I am off base feel free to let me know what you think. It's kind of like what the Cs said about music being difficult to choose because of the message being subtle when put to beautiful music.

http://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/court-of-appeals/2013/73a01-1303-cr-134.html :(

I still like to think of "Sailing" as riding the Wave so I don't know how objective I am sometimes. :/ :huh:

goyacobol said:
Thinkingfingers said:
Shown to me by Bluefyre,
Sailing by christopher cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdD3Qy5U2t0

Thinkinfingers,

I really like this song too. But "caught up in the reverie" might have been part of his inspiration. It's a shame that some of the most creative people are struggling with the lure that goes with the success.

I hesitate to even mention this since I have downloaded much of his music and think he has real talent. If I am off base feel free to let me know what you think. It's kind of like what the Cs said about music being difficult to choose because of the message being subtle when put to beautiful music.

http://law.justia.com/cases/indiana/court-of-appeals/2013/73a01-1303-cr-134.html :(

I still like to think of "Sailing" as riding the Wave so I don't know how objective I am sometimes. :/ :huh:

Thanks goyacobol, I don't believe you are off base in sharing this information. I am an easy target for a beautiful melody, and knowing more about the artist should help determine if someone's music is corrupted or not. Although it is indeed very difficult to tell, this does serve as a good reminder to try and be more objective and informed about the lyrics, the melody, and the author.

Thanks for sharing.

goyacobol said:
[
Mr.Cyan,

I agree with that thought

thanks goyacobol for posting the video :) - i guess its another good example of the timelessness of Marley's music and lyrics. He call its "Natural Mystic", but to me, the lyrics of this song are like a metaphor describing the Wave. Just my interpretation...

goyacobol said:
Nancy2feathers said:
Powerful message!

All Nations Rise • Lyla June • Black Hills Unity Concert 2016 Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr2VLI8jKww

Wow, just gives me goosebumps and tears. Thanks. :hug2:

Indeed, wow!

Thanks, Nancy2feathers for sharing this.

goyacobol said:
It's kind of like what the Cs said about music being difficult to choose because of the message being subtle when put to beautiful music.

Hi Goyacobol, I was wondering if you happen to know which session it was that you are referring to?
I remember reading a session about that, but would like to reread it, and I don't remember which one it was.

Also now that I'm at it, I wanted to reread, and was trying to find the session that you have quoted from: "Session 07/04/2015: A: For all forum members: Do not lose heart. Just remember that if you do all you can, yourselves in the future will bridge the gap. You are all potential transducers of information into chaos. Let that information be love/truth."
and I couldn't find it. I don't know if I am just very bad at searching, or if the date in your quote is wrong?

Miss.K said:
goyacobol said:
It's kind of like what the Cs said about music being difficult to choose because of the message being subtle when put to beautiful music.

Hi Goyacobol, I was wondering if you happen to know which session it was that you are referring to?
I remember reading a session about that, but would like to reread it, and I don't remember which one it was.

Also now that I'm at it, I wanted to reread, and was trying to find the session that you have quoted from: "Session 07/04/2015: A: For all forum members: Do not lose heart. Just remember that if you do all you can, yourselves in the future will bridge the gap. You are all potential transducers of information into chaos. Let that information be love/truth."
and I couldn't find it. I don't know if I am just very bad at searching, or if the date in your quote is wrong?

You should look at the bottom.

Session 4 July 2015 :)

A: For all forum members: Do not lose heart. Just remember that if you do all you can, yourselves in the future will bridge the gap. You are all potential transducers of information into chaos. Let that information be love/truth. Goodbye.

Miss.K said:
goyacobol said:

Miss.K,

The link for all the transcribed sessions is here.

The link to the 7/04/2015 session is this one.

Sometimes the search doesn't find exactly what you are looking for. I mostly use Adobe reader with saved PDFs and search them but I hope this might help you.

I think this one session covers a lot about music but there are probably more recent ones that I just haven't found. This explains a lot about music and frequency.

Session 13 September 2009
Q: (L) Now, Allen acquired some interesting software. (Allen) The choir software. (L) Yes. And we had the idea of making some just regular meditation audios where I could recite the prayer and maybe sing it, or even sing some other songs and he could manipulate them with this software to make it melodic and meditation-worthy type music. So, we were wondering if this was something that was a good idea?

A: Oh definitely!!! In fact, that is a superb way for truly cosmic frequencies to be transmitted via your/our voice!!

Q: (DD) So long as it's not Patsy Kline tunes! (laughter) (L) But I wanted to channel Patsy Kline!!! (Allen) I was actually wondering if my multiplying your voice several times would actual multiply whatever it was they were putting through your voice that many times?

A: Not only that, it will enable us to insert frequency modulation directly between the layers of sound. Why don't you play a sample now?

Q: (Allen) Play a sample of the chorus, or of the music I've been working on?

A: Our voice!

Q: (Allen) How can I play a sample of your voice? I've got some music that I've been working on, but it doesn't have any choral stuff in it yet? Is that the music that you're talking about, or is there something that I'm missing?

A: What did you record today?

Q: (Allen) Ah! So, any particular song?

A: U pick!

Q: (Allen) Okay. So right now, all I have is me playing guitar, and Laura singing with a little reverb sweetening it. Would that do?

A: Yes

Q: (L) I had the idea to take ordinary songs and sing them and then for Allen to take say one ordinary song that was like a familiar melody to people, and then stretch it out to an hour CD. A song that would take 4 or 5 minutes to sing, make it stretched to one hour. And then put a musical track in the background that's more in time. So anyhow, is this a good idea?

A: Very! Try it!

Q: (L) Well, that wasn't very informative. I could have answered that, Jesus. (DD) Hang up on them! (laughter) (Keit) So which song would you choose? (L) Well, just a whole bunch of them.

[Pause while Allen tries to burn music to disc. Everyone then ends up listening to music in the office.]

Q: (Keit) On an emotional level, Amazing Grace had the most effect on me. (Allen) We can have you sing solo and then a choir of us come in and back you up. That's a thought.

A: Many possibilities, eh? Notice the "effect?"

Q: (Joe) Music to soothe the savage the beast!

A: Music to communicate to the soul.

Q: (L) Well, I really don't understand.

A: There are frequencies in your/our voice that are inaudible to the physical ear but affect the spirit.

Q: (Joe) True. (Scott) I wonder if that's why there are certain bands where the people totally can't sing, but everyone thinks they're great - I mean, above and beyond marketing and all that kind of stuff?

A: Yes! And some of them activate "interesting" frequencies!

Q: (L) When you say "interesting", what does that mean?

A: Shall we say that it is planned and deliberate for nefarious purposes.

Q: (Joe) What music were you thinking about, Scottie? (Scottie) I was just thinking after our talk the other day about objectively and subjectively good music and everything. I was thinking about some of the popular music, like pretty much everything... Like my workout music, grunge music, electric guitar music, rap music - all these different types of popular music. And some of it is actually done by somebody who can't even sing at all and people just absolutely love it. So there are all these different genres where some bands become popular, whereas you can go to a bar and here's somebody singing a song and they're ten times better, but... (L) But they're not famous. (Scottie) So why do these people who have absolutely no talent become famous, beyond the fact that they were "discovered", or advertising, etc...

A: Laurel Canyon anyone?

Q: (laughter) (Keit) We were just talking about it today! (Joe) Yeah, they were all picked. (C**) So would Laura's voice be kind of what Gurdjieff called "objective music"?

A: Yes

A beautiful voice from Magaly Solier,a Peruvian actress and singer,who sings in Quechua,the Inka Language.Here i share the link of one of her concerts.

https://youtu.be/yM2uONDvnOo

munaychasumaq said:
A beautiful voice from Magaly Solier,a Peruvian actress and singer,who sings in Quechua,the Inka Language.Here i share the link of one of her concerts.

munaychasumaq,

Very nice, folksy, barefoot singer with an acapella song in the middle. The flute and instruments remind me of the uniqueness of Peruvian music. Thanks. :)

Brings back memories of:

Simon and garfunkel - El Condor Pasa lyrics et traduction (1970)

https://youtu.be/vo_eDNwm6X4

Eboard10 said:
solarmind said:
dear beautiful people ... this tune just touch my soul ... and wanted to share it with you and to the whole world to sing this tune, through us as example of love and understanding in this chaotic world ... wish you all peaceful productive and sunny weekend from beautiful autumn afternoon in Zagreb :flowers: :hug2:

I used to listen to that song a lot and Cafe del Mar Vol. 5 was my favourite chill album. There's definitely a peaceful vibe to it which helps during moments of stress. :cool:

You do need a good sound system to appreciate the bass though.

:) I like to listen cafe del mar on-line radio ... non distracting and chilling ... for me I found it very helpful for concentration when I work ... _http://www.cafedelmar.fm/

goyacobol said:
solarmind said:
dear beautiful people ... this tune just touch my soul ... and wanted to share it with you and to the whole world to sing this tune, through us as example of love and understanding in this chaotic world ... wish you all peaceful productive and sunny weekend from beautiful autumn afternoon in Zagreb :flowers: :hug2:

https://youtu.be/IogxAHYjNww

We can be, we can be
We can be more than ever people
More than ever people, more than ever people

Wake up you lazy people, put on your heads and realize
We can be positive people, adjust your attitude and rise

We can be, we can be

Beyond lust and desire, cut free and individualize
The colors of your power, let love come shining through your eyes

We can be, we can be

Wake up you breadhead people, this time's so in control of you
Such an only time for money, when will you see the real truth ?

We can be, we can be
More than ever people, more than ever people.

solarmind,

I see why you liked this one. You can almost feel the sunshine. That "breadhead people" part makes me think about the paleo diet being a better choice.

It would have been a good time to be at the Plitvice Lakes area. I have never been there but it looks amazingly beautiful.

iu

Hola Goyacobol .. yea Plitvice are so amazing and there is also another very similar on river Krka _http://www.npkrka.hr/en/ - where you can even swim on waterfalls ... and next to Plitvice there is one village with little lakes and waterfalls also perfect for relaxing and swimming ... and sure there is, as everywhere in Croatia country side, paleo diet a must! perfect domestic lamb ... mmm njami ;) .. yep if you ever decide to visit I'll be happy to help you to find the little hidden places ... :flowers:

solarmind,

Hola Goyacobol .. yea Plitvice are so amazing and there is also another very similar on river Krka _http://www.npkrka.hr/en/ - where you can even swim on waterfalls ... and next to Plitvice there is one village with little lakes and waterfalls also perfect for relaxing and swimming ... and sure there is, as everywhere in Croatia country side, paleo diet a must! perfect domestic lamb ... mmm njami ;) .. yep if you ever decide to visit I'll be happy to help you to find the little hidden places ... :flowers:

I have just noticed how many of us are from around the world and try to learn more about what it is like in other countries. I appreciate your offer. It would be great in a perfect world for forum members to share whatever good things are left. I guess I am daydreaming a bit to imagine visiting the interesting places some of us come from. I couldn't help but notice the natural beauty of your country. Let's hope you stay safe in these coming days of the "Valley of the Shadow". If we make it through that I suppose there may be many possibilities for all of us. :)

goyacobol said:
Miss.K,

The link for all the transcribed sessions is here.

The link to the 7/04/2015 session is this one.

Sometimes the search doesn't find exactly what you are looking for. I mostly use Adobe reader with saved PDFs and search them but I hope this might help you.

Thank you goyacobol, much appreciated :)

goyacobol said:
Session 13 September 2009
Q: (DD) So long as it's not Patsy Kline tunes! (laughter) (L) But I wanted to channel Patsy Kline!!!
I love Patsy Cline, :/ is there anything wrong with that now?

https://youtu.be/fT-tYh3OSUQ

goyacobol said:
munaychasumaq said:

munaychasumaq,

Very nice, folksy, barefoot singer with an acapella song in the middle. The flute and instruments remind me of the uniqueness of Peruvian music. Thanks. :)

Brings back memories of:

Simon and garfunkel - El Condor Pasa lyrics et traduction (1970)

https://youtu.be/vo_eDNwm6X4

Oh,dear goyacobol,thank you very much for sharing El Còndor Pasa from Simon and Garfunkel...bring back beautiful memories from the sacred Cordillera de los Andes in Perù.
Gracias Amigo.

Back
Top Bottom