Author Topic: flying witches over mexico?  (Read 19436 times)

Offline pescado

• Padawan Learner
flying witches over mexico?
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:48:14 AM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e27_1173581537

who knows what this is.. still possibly interesting

Offline m

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:44:36 AM »
Looks to me like it's either a lame high wire act or Condilizard out hunting for mice at lunch time :lol:
"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of Liberty quits the horizon." – Thomas Paine

Online Laura

• Administrator
    • http://www.laura-knight-jadczyk.com
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 07:05:30 AM »
Well, if the whole thing is not faked, it's pretty creepy.  It doesn't seem to be faked.  Can anyone confirm that it was actually on the news like that?
He who learns must suffer
And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
And in our own despair, against our will,
Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
Agamemnon, Aeschylus

Offline Z

• The Living Force
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 09:36:28 AM »
What I find conspicuous is the fact that the object is moving in the sky in the same fashion cable car would move.
This tells me that there is nothing supernatural about it, IMO anything free flying would fly in totally different manner.
not to mention the fact  that witches had pointy hat and were dressed in black, this sounds like a prank
Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie

A true hero needs no name only compassion and courage - Anon.

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Online Laura

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:12:09 AM »
Quote from: Deckard
What I find conspicuous is the fact that the object is moving in the sky in the same fashion cable car would move.
This tells me that there is nothing supernatural about it, IMO anything free flying would fly in totally different manner.
not to mention the fact  that witches had pointy hat and were dressed in black, this sounds like a prank
Not so when dealing with hyperdimensional phenomena.  You can just throw all your assumptions about how things move, ought to move, possibly can move, out the window there.   If you spend a few years reading cases and raw data - reports from eyewitnesses and experiencers - you will know that this type of thing is far stranger than anything you can ever imagine.  

That's not to say that this is such a case, but I would really like to get some more data about the source before tossing it out as a hoax.
Agamemnon, Aeschylus

Online Data

• SuperModerator
  • per aspera ad astra
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »
Seems to be a non sequitur. BECAUSE it does not fly like "natural" things, it could be supernatural. If you watch UFO footage, most of them move likewise: slow and very uniformly. They seem to not care that somebody is watching. Like a "thing".

Then there arises the question, who invented and started the intercultural "typical witch" outfit? Today's pedagogic comic drawers for little children? Or were big pointy hats, dark coats, ugly face and besom archetypal characteristics of "witches" for all time?

Hairspray anyone? :o
"The Way is basically taking up your cross, bearing it under trials and tribulations, and getting crucified.  Just understand that these are metaphors though the pain and suffering is very real." -- Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Online Laura

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Quote from: Data
Hairspray anyone? :o
LOL!! I'm with ya! :o :o :o

But then, a QFS member informs me:

"Es un globo!"

Looks like its been edited to suit the news, longer version here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oDEkv70ZCdY

This is the infamous video of the alleged flying witch over Monterrey,
Mexico. These people censored the original audio everywhere because the
audio reveals the witch was just a balloon.The witness using binoculars
says in spanish: Hey, it's a balloon!!
Doesn't mean that the person who claimed it was a balloon could not have been mistaken.... but, there you have it.
Agamemnon, Aeschylus

Offline Zadius Sky

• Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »
At first, when I saw this video of "flying witch," a thought of "window faller" comes to mind.  That these people were in fear or awe of it, which gave it the ability to manfest fully.  Then, I saw the longer version.  Figured the news would do that, to try to attract more people by distortion of reality (osit).  But, what about the one with the cemetery and scared officer?  How does that fit in?
"Ouspensky wrote that theoretically, a man could awaken.  But in practice this is almost impossible.  As soon as a man awakens for a moment and opens his eyes, all the forces that caused him to fall asleep in the first place begin to act on him with tenfold energy.  He immediately falls asleep again, very often dreaming that he is awake." - Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Online Data

• SuperModerator
  • per aspera ad astra
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »
Must be a witch-balloon from the amusement park which is in perfect equilibrium between helium uplift and it's own weight! Edit: And a uniform, laminar breeze must be blowing.
http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07274/whitch.PNG
"The Way is basically taking up your cross, bearing it under trials and tribulations, and getting crucified.  Just understand that these are metaphors though the pain and suffering is very real." -- Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Offline dantem

• Dagobah Resident
    • ilsegnodeltempo
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »
Something similar here:

http_://www.cropcircleanswers.com/FlyingHumanoid.htm
I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading newspapers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time [...] General facts may indeed be collected from them [...] but no details can be relied on. He who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. He who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false. [Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Norvell, 1807]

Offline Zadius Sky

• Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
Must be a witch-balloon from the amusement park which is in perfect equilibrium between helium uplift and it's own weight!
So the amusement park lost their ballon?  Guess the witch wanted to leave the nest.
"Ouspensky wrote that theoretically, a man could awaken.  But in practice this is almost impossible.  As soon as a man awakens for a moment and opens his eyes, all the forces that caused him to fall asleep in the first place begin to act on him with tenfold energy.  He immediately falls asleep again, very often dreaming that he is awake." - Laura Knight-Jadczyk

Offline Zadius Sky

• Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
Quote from: dantem
Something similar here:

http_://www.cropcircleanswers.com/FlyingHumanoid.htm
Sooo...it wasn't the one time thing.  Curious.  The recent video seems to have matched with the legend as mentioned in the link provided by dantem.

Offline Ailen

• A Disturbance in the Force
    • http://senalesdelostiempos.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
Wuaw! Totally creepy.
It doesn't look as a faked object.
The balloon theory couldn't be validated in the middle of the mountains, where it could crash at the slightest turn with the wind.
There is not visible cable, or anything that could prove it to be a puppet.
Besides, the policemen seemed pretty serious while reporting the event. In a small village like the one where it happened, it could be very easy to find out if it had been a joke.
I don't know.

Offline rylek

• Jedi Council Member
    • Na Severu (Up North)
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 07:29:05 PM »
Quote from: Laura
But then, a QFS member informs me:

"Es un globo!"

Looks like its been edited to suit the news, longer version here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oDEkv70ZCdY

This is the infamous video of the alleged flying witch over Monterrey,
Mexico. These people censored the original audio everywhere because the
audio reveals the witch was just a balloon.The witness using binoculars
says in spanish: Hey, it's a balloon!!
Doesn't mean that the person who claimed it was a balloon could not have been mistaken.... but, there you have it.
Watched the longer version. A balloon that could sustain a leveled flight like that imo could only be a blimp.
Must be a witch-balloon from the amusement park which is in perfect equilibrium between helium uplift and it's own weight!
Or maybe it was one of the jet-pack guys? (_www.jetpackinternational.com)
"Without self knowledge,without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free,he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave."

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible,whatever remains,however improbable,must be the truth."

Offline Axis Mundi

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
hm, strange indeed. I still don't know about the balloon theory and then there's the police statements, that they were floating in circles and the policemans nervous shaking (not the same sighting though). After I watched these two I saw this one: _http://youtube.com/watch?v=dCULiv2A9dg , it gets kind of interesting at the end where it is enhanced and freeze-framed, it kinda looks like the "creature" is stretching its legs or something. It could ofcourse just be bad quality of the vid, but worth a look.
"Only in the cleanest and calmest water do you see the reflection of the Sun."