Michael Collins - FIVE STARS!

Just finished watching this, what a great film. Liam Neeson was brilliant.

No wonder most of the Irish people I've met through university eventually revealed their dislike for the British.

Immersion said:

No wonder most of the Irish people I've met through university eventually revealed their dislike for the British.

Yes it sure is a great film. Liam Neeson was very well cast.

Another related film you may enjoy watching is, 'the wind that shakes the barley'. Personally, it is one of my favourite films - very powerful and poignant, and it always moves me to tears at the sheer injustice, and inter-family dynamics that result.

Yes, it is easy to understand how folk who are oppressed feel resentment - or perhaps it is more accurate to call it righteous anger, which is healthy and can be a powerful motivating energy.

My family had no political affiliations, but when my brother and myself would visit family and friends in England during the 1970/80's - we were made to 'feel' like criminals or terrorists, by Special Branch under the guise of 'prevention of terrorism'. Just as muslims are targeted these days, and any dissidents probably will be very soon.

Anam Cara said:
Immersion said:

Yes it sure is a great film. Liam Neeson was very well cast.

Another related film you may enjoy watching is, 'the wind that shakes the barley'. Personally, it is one of my favourite films - very powerful and poignant, and it always moves me to tears at the sheer injustice, and inter-family dynamics that result.

Yes, it is easy to understand how folk who are oppressed feel resentment - or perhaps it is more accurate to call it righteous anger, which is healthy and can be a powerful motivating energy.

My family had no political affiliations, but when my brother and myself would visit family and friends in England during the 1970/80's - we were made to 'feel' like criminals or terrorists, by Special Branch under the guise of 'prevention of terrorism'. Just as muslims are targeted these days, and any dissidents probably will be very soon.

Thanks for the recommendation Anam Cara, this was also a great film, especially following on from watching Michael Collins.

Back
Top Bottom