Dr. Michael Newton - Journey of Souls

Re: Michael Newton

The Amazon profile sounds interesting enough:

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393704569&sr=8-1&keywords=Michael+Newton#reader_1567184855

It's listed with the "look inside" feature. That may give you enough info to make a decision. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCr4etOZLw

Found this interview with Dr Michael Newton on YouTube in case someone wants to watch it before buying any of his books. Its 44 minutes long and FREE. At least you can get a glimpse of him and his work without shelling out any money.

I read all of Dr Newton's books years ago when I first started searching for answers. I knew nothing about hypnotherapy and I too found the information fascinating. I try to remain open to all topics but ALWAYS read everything with a healthy dose of skepticism. I don't avoid topics or books unless I've personally looked into them as there may be some truth in the book that is necessary for my development. Sometimes I'll read an entire book, the whole time thinking this is crap, until the last paragraph and that tiny bit of info hits me as to why I was reading it. It doesn't always happen in the last paragraph, thank god! At least that is how books and even videos have worked for me. I feel truth is spread out over the Earth like tiny bits of sand with those bits and pieces are hidden here and there, while some get clumped together in other places. Just my opinion and the reason why I give some books a chance even if I may question them at first glance. Its what brought me here to this forum and to Laura's books so it seems to be working for me.

Anyway, hope the video helps someone. Take care!

Ask-Seek-Knock said:
...I read all of Dr Newton's books years ago when I first started searching for answers. I knew nothing about hypnotherapy and I too found the information fascinating. I try to remain open to all topics but ALWAYS read everything with a healthy dose of skepticism. I don't avoid topics or books unless I've personally looked into them as there may be some truth in the book that is necessary for my development. Sometimes I'll read an entire book, the whole time thinking this is crap, until the last paragraph and that tiny bit of info hits me as to why I was reading it. It doesn't always happen in the last paragraph, thank god! At least that is how books and even videos have worked for me. I feel truth is spread out over the Earth like tiny bits of sand with those bits and pieces are hidden here and there, while some get clumped together in other places. Just my opinion and the reason why I give some books a chance even if I may question them at first glance. Its what brought me here to this forum and to Laura's books so it seems to be working for me.

Interestingly enough, me too! I got back into this forum in a round about way while reading an article on SOTT about the increase in acceptance of alternative Psychology approaches. Someone posted a comment about Dr. Newton's Journey of Souls and felt a strong urge to follow it. I listened to the book, which corroborated with some of the C's material. Through a series of events, I managed to get a past life regression from one of Dr. Newton's students. It was an (third) eye opening experience that made me realize some things that were bothering me in my current life [I hope to post on this account in the future in the appropriate forum]. After that experience, I do feel that with EE and continuous networking, our past life experiences will work themselves to the surface, either in dreams or 'deja vu' like memories.

There was, oddly enough, one account within Journey of Souls where one women was reincarnated as an insectoid being. I'm now remembering Laura's encounter with a similar experience in the Wave series, however, the 'insectoid' abductee Laura interviewed was able to overcome the screening and recall what actually happened with Laura's help. I have a feeling this was missed by Dr. Newton in his encounter. I am grateful that his book allowed me to find answers to some of the questions I had back in Jan and Feb. Interestingly, after the past life regression, things began to change for the better in certain aspects of my life. I count this a step towards the right direction that led me back here.

I'm missing the exact reference from the Wave series and C's transcripts, but the C's have said:
"ALL knowledge is good knowledge. Eventually, the disinformation will be proven false and the true information will remain to corroborate. Even then, we can continue to learn by acquiring knowledge to continue growing awareness and providing protection. "

Even with Laura's accurate assessment of Dr. Newton's leading questions, you can discern some things from it that help us in our understanding of the 5th density.

Finally, I'm still curious if we have spirit guides. I don't know if it's so much a one to one relationship as mentioned in the book, but who knows. Maybe we're all each others guides on this forum! ;D

Laura said:
I've got Newton's books (2 of them) and I was flipping through it reading some of his sessions and got so upset to see how he was leading his subjects that I decided not to read the whole thing because with that kind of unprofessional and unethical hypnosis work, how can any of it be really reliable?

Hi, I know this thread has been inactive from some time but I finished reading of Journey of Souls by M. Newton and also I read Life Between Life by Whitten & Fisher. Moreover some time ago I also read The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Fisher.

I should say that in general lines I did like Journey of Souls, although I can see that I naively overlooked what Laura said about leading to his clients with question (clearly I am a newbie in this regard).

While I was reading the book I felt all the time that Newton did put more interest in get information than in helps his pacients therapeutically speaking. Maybe it is because he chose fragments that have specific information, but I felt most of the time Newton's lack of care for his therapeutic work.

I should to add that along the whole material it is very striking that nothing is said about STO/STS, attachments, "souls lost", and the darkest aspects of the spiritual world; everything look like a "new age happiness" where "everything is fine". Having said that I'd like to say that read the book after read The Wave and others materials brought to light by Laura (Differential Diagnosis serie, Baldwin, Wikland, Illion, etc), could be an interesting exercise, because one must to do a good effort to separate the straw from the wheat, reject author's prejudices, and to try to put in order and give sense from fragments that could have good information.

Here are some of my observations. I know that these are not the "great contribution of knowledge" but I would like to share them.

- First I'd like to point that I have found some similarities on conclusions between the books of Whitten and Newton although Newton seems to jump to conclusions faster. In Life Between Life it seemed pretty clear to me the "hand" of Fisher because IMO he has a nice literary style, but I'm sorry that Fisher has not been able to dump his own experience with The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts published a couple of years after (I think) because in that book he seemed has made contact with a more dark side of the spiritual world.

- Newton seems conclude that there is souls with different levels of progress and that that influences his hability to understand what happens after dying. So for many souls there is familiar souls that can go to welcome to attenuate the shock. The more advanced souls seems to do the journey more easy, like if they do not require no initial support system because they know what to do. He also explains that immature souls see the spiritual worls with buildings or places familiar for them, thus when they arrive to the spiritual world (5D) they feel better and more confortable.

- He says that souls have guides (one or two special entities dedicated to help them in the phase between lifes). He concludes also that there is a kind of hierarchy of guides, but not in the sense of bosses and rulers, rather as a hierarchy originated in levels of knowledge. According to the "testimonies" of Newton's clients it is not all "perfect" on spiritual world, souls in progress feel strong emotions, have bias, and IMO it is suggested that guides have limitations in that sense too. According to Newton there is a sort of scale of guides; some are newbies, and the more advanced who are at the top of the hierarchy, whom Newton have very little information, seem to be almost like 6D "beings". He also says that souls/beings are perceived with differents colors in accordance with his level of progress (from less to more advanced souls: bright white, white ivory with reddish shadows, yellow, dark yellow with bluish tones, light blue, dark blueish purple). Older souls, according to his conclusions, incarnate less.

- When Newton talks about "negatives" souls, he understands them in term of immature souls more than negative oriented souls. I deduct from his writes that for him, every soul, no matter how many cycles of reincarnation must do, it moves in the direction of a "positive" evolution so to speak.

- His patients affirm that the soul is androgynous although it is common that souls have some sort of preference for a specific gender. As the soul progresses this identification decreases.

- An interesting point tried by Newton are groups of souls. The souls represented in these groups are intimate "old friends" who have about the same awareness/progress level. There appears to be a systematic selection procedure for homogeneous groupings of souls. Similarities of ego, cognitive awareness, expression, and desire are all considerations. I can not avoid to think about Putin and Caesar being members of the same group. And also I thought about people in this life that can be members of my group (definitely not the same as Putin and Caesar :P ) but this was just like a game to my mind :D . Newton also narrates that souls after arrive back into their group, they are summoned to appear before a Council of Elders. While the Council is not prosecutorial, they do engage in direct examination of a soul's activities before returning to their groups.

- He also claims that in his opinion almost three-quarters of all souls who inhabit human bodies on Earth today are still in the early stages of development. He says that a world population beset by so much negative cross-cultural misunderstanding and violence, is a indication that it is so.

- Some of his "craziest" affirmations are that souls with a certain level of progress, being in the phase of contemplation between lives (5D), are sent to other planets (not Earth) to practice create things (at first inanimate things, then simple forms of life, and also mini stars and planetary systems). Everythings he talks about other planets is exciting but seem to me rather extracted from a science fiction film :/ ... well, really who know... :huh:

- He also talks about souls incarnated in more than a body at the same time on Earth and I remembered Cs saying something like that in a some session.

- About body/life selection, i.e. select a body and a life to incarnate, he describes a process through which, using a kind of room that looks like a television studio and with the help of special guides for that, the soul select a life among several that are suggested by those guides. IMO the whole chapter suggest the idea that the real world is the spiritual world and our reincarnations are like shared simulations that have the purpose of making us learn through experience. I don't know how close to the true can be this, but I think that in some sence, simplifying very much the things, this process could be explained in this way... but I don't know.

- Some of Newton's pacients speak about the moment of incarnation. In that moment the soul can go into the body in any time, close to conception, or even just when the baby is about to be born. They explain the soul joining with a new human being as an act of incredible creativity and beauty.

- Another interesting point is when Newton talks about "souls creation". Some extract:
Dr. N: Go back further to the time before you and Ahmed had your life together, perhaps when you were alone. What was it like being created?
S: (disturbed) I don't know... I was just here .. with thought.
Dr. N: Do you remember during your own creation when you first began to think as an intelligent being?
S: I realized ... I existed ... but I didn't know myself as myself until I was moved into this quiet place alone with Ahmed.
Dr. N: Are you saying your individual identity came more into focus when you began interacting with another soul entity besides your guide?
S: Yes, with Ahmed.
Dr. N: Keep to the time before Ahmed. What was it like for you then?
S: Warm ... nurturing ... my mind opening .. she was with me then.
[...]
S: I don't mean him... someone was around me with the presence of a ... mother and father ... mostly mother
Dr. N: What presence?
S: I don't know ... a soft light ... changing features... I can't grasp it ... loving messages ... encouragement
Dr. N: This was at the time of your creation as a soul?
S: Yes ... it's all hazy ... there were others ... helpers ... when I was born.
Dr. N: What else can you tell me about the place of your creation?
S: (long pause) Others ... love me ... in a nursery... then we left and I was with Ahmed and our leader.
Dr. N: Who actually created you and Ahmed?
S: The One.

Although he seems clearly to lead the pacient and to believe a priori that souls are created from nothing in some "time" just as an egg is put by a hen, under the light of what we know from Cs and others material, I guess (just speculation) that a transition from 2D to 3D could be described in this way, like a kind of awake or an increase in individual consciousness. Maybe this is how a soul might experience the jump between the species soul pool to the phase of acquire personality and the begining of a more individual learning. I insist, just speculation from my side.

- And regard to privation of memories of other lives, I think that this fragment shows how it is explained in Newton work:
S: When we choose a body and make a plan before coming back to Earth, there is an agreement with our advisors.
Dr. N: An agreement about what?
S: We agree ... not to remember ... other lives.
Dr. N: Why?
S: Learning from a blank slate is better than knowing in advance what could happen to you because of what you did before.
Dr. N: But wouldn't knowing about your past life mistakes be valuable in avoiding the same pitfalls in this life?
S: If people knew all about their past, many might pay too much attention to it rather than trying out new approaches to the same problem. The new life must be... taken seriously.
Dr. N: Are there any other reasons?
S: (pause) Without having old memories, our advisors say there is less preoccupation for ... trying to ... avenge the past ... to get even for the wrongs done to you.
[...]
Dr. N: And do you still think a total blackout of our eternal spiritual life on Earth is essential to progress?
S: Normally, yes, but it's not a total blackout. We get flashes from dreams... during times of crisis... people have an inner knowing of what direction to take when it is necessary. And sometimes your friends can fudge a little ...
Dr. N: By friends, you mean entities from the spirit world?
S: Uh-huh... they give you hints, by flashing ideas-I've done it.
Dr. N: Nevertheless, you had to come to me to unlock your conscious amnesia.
S: (pause) We have ... the capacity to know when it is necessary. I was ready for change when I heard about you. Clodees allowed me to see the past with you because it was to my benefit.
Dr. N: Otherwise, your amnesia would have remained intact?
S: Yes, that would have meant I wasn't supposed to know certain things yet.

Finally IMHO this book, although maybe it is not a must read, could be an interesting reading if you already read "The Wave" and others books tha Laura has recommended.

I forgot something. After read the book I felt in some sense a more considerated way to see life of other people and my own. The feeling was somewhat similar (leaving aside the enormous distances that there is with that experience) what Laura narrates in The Wave - chapter 15:
Plague and pestilence and death and destruction. Scene after scene. Loved ones standing one moment, crushed or laying in bloody heaps the next. Rapaciousness, pillaging, plundering; rivers of blood and gore; slaughter, carnage and butchery in all its many manifestations passed before my eyes; holocaust and hell. Rage and hot anger, bloodlust and fury, murder and mayhem, all around me, everywhere I looked. Evil heaped on evil like twisted, dismembered bodies. And the grief of centuries, the unshed tears of millennia, the guilt, remorse and penitence, flooded through me; melting, thawing and dissolving the burdensome shell of stone that encased my petrified heart; washing away the pain with my tears — an ocean of tears.

At the same time as this release of the worlds of accumulated guilt and grief of many lifetimes was going on, there was the voice in the background, ever soothing, ever calming, intoning over and over again: “It’s not your fault. There is no blame. It’s not your fault. You didn’t know.” And I came to understand something very deep.

I understood that there is no “original sin”. I understood that the terrors and suffering mankind experiences here in life on earth are not the result of some sort of mistake or error or aberration. They are not punishments. They are not something that one can be saved from, for I understood that every scene of terrible suffering and heart-rending cruelty was the result of ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom