Smoking is... good?

Re: "Young Men Who Smoke Have Lower IQs, Study Finds"

I did a little research when I read your question and found quite a few "success stories" from parents who had reversed their child's autism to a quite large degree. For example behavioral, linguistic and so on. I dont know if you can totally eliminate it but from my very limited research it seems that very big improvements can be made.

For example, here might be a good place to start:

http://reverseautism.com/2008/06/reverse-autism-kit-now-available/#more-94 said:
(...)You see, I’ve made a living developing simple solutions to complicated things. And when I suspected autism, I went on a research binge like you can’t even imagine. And I came across a few books that started me on a path. The first was "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations" and the other beacon was "The Natural Medicine Guide to Autism"

These two books opened my mind and got me into the biomedical treatment of autism. I consulted with Dr. Maile Pouls and ran a few tests on my son. His digestive enzymes were beyond inefficient, his nutrient levels were so depleted it was shocking, his body was eating his own muscle! He had shockingly high levels of metals like bismuth and arsenic and lead and mercury. We got a protocol in place and – not that I knew it at the time – I had unofficially started down the road of biomed. I met with Richard Hiltner the Homeopath that is also in Natural Medicine Guide and really feel that helped to rebuild my son’s immune system. I was all over the place, but I was seeing changes…positive changes.

Eventually, I came across the book Children With Starving Brains. This is the Bible of Biomed. But, it’s overwhelming. I wanted to do everything…right now!! And yet I didn’t know how…I didn’t have the money…and there were some aspects that scared me.

The bottom line is, autism is not a hard wired neurological disorder. The neurological disorder exists, but my belief is that it’s a symptom or combination of symptoms that are the result of a body that’s been whacked hard by some trigger – or some combination of triggers. And, if you catch this syndrome early enough..you can reverse it. If not, you can do a hell of a lot to manage it and significantly improve your child’s chances at having a fulfilling, productive life.

In autism.com there are also case reports and videos of children who got much better after their heavy metal detox. Also, parents report how their kids improved in dairy and gluten free diets, but also in diets which limited certain grains (makes sense as they are high in lectins).

Here are some videos: http://autism.com/treatable/recovered/recovered2006videos.htm

Then, there are kids diagnosed as autistic that are just simply mentally retarded.

Well considering the detox thou I doubt that everything can be cured but most important the children seemed to be more free of mind. Instead of being trapped in there own mind.

Only able to follow patterns of obsessions, being addicted to your own suffering. Or having no real desire for interaction with other people. Being confused all the time. Never having a real peace of mind.

Thanks for all the links and videos I really find them interesting.

Ok, I agree, snus is not a good as a smoke. Been trying ryo American Spirit. Unfiltered natural tobacco is sta...rong! The first few puffs liked to knock me on my butt. :D

But oh so relaxing, mind clearing, focusing, puts me in the present. Rich, deep enjoyment. Two or three a day seems to plenty. Leaves a sweet flavor in my mouth. So far no cough.

And a mini snus is at least a little nicotine in times and places where I can't smoke.

Mac

non-smoking profile? / smoking fatigue

I've been wondering for some time if I fit the non-smoking profile the C's mentioned in the below session. I suppose I had to work to start smoking. The thing that has been an issue with me is that I'll frequently get very tired after smoking. I don't know if this is could be a detox reaction or a reaction that is saying tobacco isn't right for me. Caffeine and gluten have had similar effects, so I lean towards the later. Anyone else experience extreme tiredness immediately after smoking? Or have any thoughts on what could be causing it? I just found this webpage: _http://www.ehow.com/about_5467658_smoking-fatigue.html, which has some propaganda in it, but there are a couple of things that could be contributing factors. I wouldn't doubt that if I had gone to a doctor for my constant sleepiness that I've had most of my life, I'd probably be diagnosed with chronic fatigue. It's not so much an issue any more since the change in diet, but previously I could sleep 18+ hours if I had the chance. I experimented with stopping smoking a couple of weeks ago after being fed up with getting so tired I'd have to nap after a smoke when I was in the middle of doing something. It was easier than I thought and went about 10 days. I went back after a fast, thinking if it was a detox reaction I might be able to notice a difference. But I don't think it's a detox reaction. So I'm on day one again - I think for good.

Q: So, you are saying that nicotine is actually good for me?
A: Yes. Without it, you will remain with weight problems, because you will not be able to lower food intake enough to compensate. Why do you think you had the inkling to start smoking in the first place?
Q: Well, I just was going along with my friends, I thought.
A: No.
Q: What other things does nicotine do?
A: Raises defenses.
Q: What kind?
A: Immunological.
Q: Anything else?
A: Excites neurotransmitters. You require less sleep.
Q: Is this true for everyone?
Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?
A: 100 mg per day.
Q: (A) Can it be in pill form?
A: Cigarettes infuse it to brain tissues most effectively.
Q: Well, I am certainly relieved! Now I know that I do not have a 'smoking demon' possessing me! I was really getting worried!
A: Those who fit this profile find it nearly impossible to "quit" completely.
Q: So, there are people who are actually benefited by smoking?
A: Genetics will offer proof of this.
Q: You mean that one can see changes in DNA before and after smoking?
A: Close
Q: Is this also true for F****?
A: Yes.
Q: Why us?
A: It is simply part of your "profiles."
Q: Is that also why I have been having more stomach problems than usual?
A: Yes.
Q: Well, I always noticed that smoking could settle my stomach. It also stimulated my bowels... (F) Yes.
A: (A) What is serious here is the number. How many milligrams... (L) How many cigarettes does the number translate into?
A: 20.
Q: Well, I never smoked that much! Only about 15...
Q: Well, I told myself 15!
A: It was not.
Q: Ark doesn't need to smoke, does he?
A: No. He does not fit the profile. He actually had to "work" to start smoking.

Re: non-smoking profile? / smoking fatigue

Maybe it's the way you smoke. Do you smoke rapidly? It could give you some dizziness, especially if you are a new smoker. Try to smoke gently and slowly and see if you notice any difference.

Los said:
I've been wondering for some time if I fit the non-smoking profile the C's mentioned in the below session.

Los, I don't see where the C's mention a 'non-smoking profile'. Did you mis-speak? I could be missing it, but I've read it over a few times now. Please clarify.

Caffeine and gluten have had similar effects
Gluten most definitely has had that effect on my system, as well as other digestive problems. Have you considered investigating a possible gluten sensitivity?

I just found this webpage: _http://www.ehow.com/about_5467658_smoking-fatigue.html, which has some propaganda in it, but there are a couple of things that could be contributing factors.

Most notably the chemical additives. I highly recommend additive free tobacco if you're going to smoke; the difference is noticeable.

It's not so much an issue any more since the change in diet, but previously I could sleep 18+ hours if I had the chance.
Is your every day diet a healthy one? Detoxing is wonderful, but everyday nutrition has to be up to snuff if you're going to reap long term benefits.

I experimented with stopping smoking a couple of weeks ago after being fed up with getting so tired I'd have to nap after a smoke when I was in the middle of doing something. It was easier than I thought and went about 10 days. I went back after a fast, thinking if it was a detox reaction I might be able to notice a difference. But I don't think it's a detox reaction. So I'm on day one again - I think for good.

It sounds to me like you would benefit from applying scientific method if your questing for a resolution to your need for excessive hours of sleep. So many factors (diet, detox, quitting smoking & starting again) all in play at the same time will make it almost impossible to narrow things down.

That said, if you don't enjoy smoking, find it easy to quit, feel worse when you resume smoking and feel healthier when you're not smoking...you can probably safely say that the brand of cigarettes you're smoking aren't for you (but the additive free question is a biggie).

I hope my observations are helpful to you. I have been a smoker for many years and find that if I smoke more than 2 'regular' cigarettes (with additives) I feel slightly unwell and have an irritated glottis & upper throat; more, and the irritation spreads to the upper bronchial passages.
Additive free - no such reaction.
I do feel fatigued if the fresh fruit and veg in my diet are diminished (they're never lacking entirely) for close to a week, too much gluten just throws my whole system out of whack.

Try quitting. If you can quit fairly easily, smoking is not for you!

Amelopsis said:
Los said:
I've been wondering for some time if I fit the non-smoking profile the C's mentioned in the below session.
los said:
Los, I don't see where the C's mention a 'non-smoking profile'. Did you mis-speak? I could be missing it, but I've read it over a few times now. Please clarify

I think Los meant the part where the C's say that smoking does not fit Arks "Profile"

Q: Ark doesn't need to smoke, does he?
A: No. He does not fit the profile. He actually had to "work" to start smoking.

I might be wrong though.

Laura said:

Wow, thank you Laura for that answer.

Laura said:

How 'bout if you never had the desire to smoke to start with?

That's probably a no-brainer! :lol:

Hi Los, a few weeks ago I decided to try smoking. It wasn't for me and I was just lying to myself. I wanted the benefits it gives, but it only seemed to give negative consequences. And it occupied too much of my mind. I also would be really tired and fatigued after a cigarette, especially unfiltered. I would come from outside smoking and just flop down on the couch for about 15 minutes. I smoked all organic or additive free. I'm actually glad I stopped because it's something I have less to worry about and wasn't helping. FWIW

Mrs Peel said:
How 'bout if you never had the desire to smoke to start with?

That's probably a no-brainer! Laugh
That sums me up, I had one puff on a mini cigar (good choice as it happens :D) when I was about twenty and was so disgusted with it that I've never smoked, nor been inclined to smoke, since.

When smoking was allowed in pubs, I would often have to leave because I was so sensitive to the smell of smoke that I wanted to throw up. However, I noticed at the weekend that I'm OK when surrounded by numerous people smoking American Spirit roll-ups. :) I could keep in their presence and feel fine. Must be something good about American Spirit tobacco!!! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom