Cometary illustration

Alma.Innovadora

Dagobah Resident
Greetings,

I recently made these illustrations for a challenge on the web where I am a user to create AI images. I usually generate them on that website and then I'm modifying and improving them in Photoshop because I make illustrations and then modify them to be a printer for shirts, mugs, cushions, etc. Print on demand.. On that website they do daily challenges on a topic so that day it was "meteor".

I could make these images but I don't really need them anymore, so before deleting them I thought that this is where there are more people that maybe someone can use them as a generic image for an article, blog or put a phrase for their facebook, etc. so I decided to share them. I don't know any other place where they like meteorites as much as here (laughs).

I hope they are useful for something.

- (1).jpg - (2).jpg - (3).jpg - (4).jpg - (5).jpg - (6).jpg - (7).jpg - (8).jpg - (10).jpg - (11).jpg - (12).jpg - (13).jpg - (14).jpg - (15).jpg - (16).jpg- (17).jpg

Attachments

• - (12).jpg
    - (12).jpg
    569 KB · Views: 4
  • - (14).jpg
    - (14).jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 4
They look very cool!

But, if I may, what were you trying to convey with them?

One thing led me to another.

The challenge of the day was a "meteor" so I started with a simple indication in the AI "group of people during the night watching a meteor pass leaving a trail of fire" and as I was seeing example of style in another images to add effect in my image, I saw some photos of apostles who had the style I was looking for and in the end I came up with the images of books presented here about comets in ancient times and then I found on the internet a book called "KOMETENBUCH", The book of the comet (1587) and that caught my attention so I was looking for a realistic painting style... voila, that was the result. One thing led to another, I didn't plan on doing that in the end. It seems like a simple representation of an apostle/sage/monk/the drunk who came home late, witnessing those cosmic events in those times (laughs).

In the images where the meteorite seems to hit in the distance, it reminded me of the destruction of Pompeia, I tried to do something similar and that's why the red sky in one of the images but it was complicated because not all the models to use in the AI behave as one indicates so I didn't keep trying.

But this other one caught my attention too, I have a concern to do it with some paintings of antiquity to see how such, out of curiosity and fun, as a way to represent in a "realistic" way what people described at that time besides that the first image where it looks like a firework, just reminds me of the image of a recent transcription with the cass and that in the book also appears that image:

--(1).jpg

:umm: One thing led me to another.

Indeed 'hot' if not 'cool'! They have a painterly quality and depth not often associated with AI images. For me, you've captured both a quality of bearing witness as well as the necessity for inner stillness and acceptance in the face of the coming of the Lord. My personal favourite now adorns my desktop, so thanks for your work and offering them up here :thup:

- (10).jpg

Indeed 'hot' if not 'cool'! They have a painterly quality and depth not often associated with AI images. For me, you've captured both a quality of bearing witness as well as the necessity for inner stillness and acceptance in the face of the coming of the Lord. My personal favourite now adorns my desktop, so thanks for your work and offering them up here :thup:

That's good! i'm glad to read that it was useful for you, thank you.

In these images they are not appreciated much because I try to use a style that can "cover" those visual errors and then improve the correction in photoshop. If I re-scale that image, you will see the "traces" left by the AI. Especially when it comes to generating faces at small scales, that's why I put the subject on his back (laughs).

I have just made this series of Christmas cards I have no problem sharing them with the forum and whoever is interested, are free to use them. They are 1300x900px cards so if you think it's OK you can change the thread title to whatever you think best related to what I'm posting. I will be sharing as I make things that may be useful to you or if someone requires a specific image for something, I have no problems trying. For bear lovers.

--(1).jpg

Nice images. The quality of ΑΙ generated art is definitely improving, but I am not really sure where it will all lead eventually. I admit I am also at awe with the achievements of the technology, but also a bit skeptical for the future.

AI art is trained but to artificially imitate, trained using as input the works of millions of real people/artists, their talent, effort and years of hard-earned skills. It should be noted that this training happens mostly without the artists' consent.

AI generated art is near instant, as cheap as it gets ("free"?) and provides for infinite iterations. Quite an unbeatable combination for a professional human artist to match. This explains why there is an ongoing process of replacing real artists (and their jobs) with the minimal effort of providing an AI with a few prompts. But in doing so, in a way AI art is "consuming itself" since it was the human creative pool that it grew and trained upon, thus reducing it's own potential for new input and future growth. It seems a lot like a Catch 22.

In ten years from now (could be a lot sooner) the huge volume of near-instantly generated AI art online might greatly surpass the volume of human made art. While at the same time, beaten by the impossible competition, less and less humans artists are going to be impregnating the AIs training algorithms with the genuine creative sperm of new and original art. So one question comes to my mind: Won't the future AIs be mostly training with AI generated images? Isn't then watching AIs artistically self-referencing themselves like observing the degeneration of a gene pool, like an artistic incest?

Just some thoughts. I am a 3D graphics artist myself and I also use a few AI enabled tools and software to enhance and speed up my workflow, like for upscaling images, reducing noise and automating simple tasks.

While at the same time, beaten by the impossible competition, less and less humans artists are going to be impregnating the AIs training algorithms with the genuine creative sperm of new and original art.

Yes, unfortunately.

I can use AI to improve my workflow in terms of video editing and photography. In that sense it is absurdly surprising the working hours that have been reduced.

I have been an artistic illustrator since a very early age. I have left it with time and with the AI I do exactly, in style, what I have wanted to do for years, and a drawing that lasted to make months, even years. Now I do it in less than 5 minutes and with more than one different result... it's amazing really, but obviously it doesn't feel like something I've created as by drawing on paper, it will never be the same.

The other advantage, I can do it without spending a lot of money on a wacom board or buying programs, especially because I can't afford it because of my geographical location, which AI has been an advantage in that sense. But it is certainly leaving aside that "human essence". It is not the same whether one is the one who is behind giving indications, it is not the same, that lack of effort, of energy invested, the process of thinking about the process, will never be the same and will be lost for choosing the most comfortable. We see it every day on YouTube "without the need for you to study, or read books, just ask chat gpt"... the tool that, in my opinion, is "think for me"...

This change will obviously come according to people's awareness of preferring something less real, of giving it a meaning that makes it valid according to their beliefs and how disconnected it is even from itself because it is a tool that is based more on "making our desires/whims/base instincts come true/" It is in itself a self-gratification app and that in a certain sense serves as a catalyst to our desiring thoughts, according to its use. You can create whatever you want.
As for replacing the strong work of other artists, well, that's the dilemma even with copyright. And yes, it is a problem because I have already seen models to use according to the style of great artists such as centuries ago and Moderna. Many centuries of art within reach of a prompt.

As far as I have observed, most people only create for leisure because we are talking about people who don't even have the ability to draw, to take a photo, to edit video, etc. That's the pot of gold in all this because AI now allows them to access "the creation" of their desires. Some have already used them to generate fake news. A freelance journalist no longer needs a photographer to go to the scene, he creates it with AI and we have people hooked on that as well.

And we have these kind of people, which is what I think should be maintained but we already know that it won't be like that:

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/ai-photo-win-sony-scli-intl/index.html

The German photographer Boris Eldagsen rejected last week the Sony World Photography Awards photography award, in the Creative category, for having created the winning image with artificial intelligence, as revealed on his website by the artist himself.

The German photographer Boris Eldagsen rejected last week the Sony World Photography Awards photography award, in the Creative category, for having created the winning image with artificial intelligence, as revealed on his website by the artist himself.

Eldagsen said he hoped his actions would open up the conversation around this issue and lead to "separate contests for AI-generated imagery."

He continued: "Artificial intelligence images and photography should not compete with each other in an award like this. They are different areas. Artificial intelligence is not photography. Therefore, I will not accept the award."

While they improve the Ai in terms of hands, eyes and size, with some arrangements in photoshop to simulate the finishes and effects left by a brush, it would be suitable for an AI museum and goodbye Caravaggio

bf4c8101755001e3219ee85de0719a8795c9fd10_high.png

So let's go to the same as always, the problem is not the tools themselves, it's the use they are given.

Historically according to what I read in the book of "The secret history of the world", there is a very exact theme about it and that today we are modernly precensing "the spiteful destruction of beauty".

Back
Top Bottom