I work with a lady, who when the vaccine came out and I raised concerns, said that people who refused should be put in camps. I said at the time, "what even me?" And she said yes. It was upsetting but we didn't fall out, we just left it. Anyway, she had cancer quite a few years back and so her doctor tells her she needs the flu jab and the covid boosters, so tomorrow she'll go for another covid booster. When she told me today, it was almost in a apologetic way "its because of the cancer, you see, they say I need it." And then tonight, her and her husband were in the pub for a few drinks and as they were leaving he said to a group of us that she is getting her booster tomorrow and there was an awkwardness amongst everyone, no-one said "great, that's really good!" as would have happened 3 years ago...it was very odd. In the village I live in, full of elderly people, hardly anyone I know has covid vaccines anymore. The impression I get is one where someone has behaved really badly in public when drunk, everyone knows but it's best not spoken of...

Back
Top Bottom