Demonological Interpretation of UFOlogy.. FT Article...

Cyre2067

The Living Force
found this:

Forean Times said:
These were peculiar views, even for a UFO publication. Creighton was following Inglesby in forging a demonological interpretation of ufology, a package that contained some disturbing ingredients such as extreme right wing politics and raging paranoia. During his long editorship, these bizarre views found a home in the very mouthpiece of ‘serious’ ufology. For a time, anyone who was anyone in the subject read FSR. And, as a result, a number of very well known names were drawn into this web – including some of those from Britain’s largest UFO organisation, BUFORA.

Three former chairmen of BUFORA, including the founding President, Graham Knewstub, along with Capt Ivar Mackay and Roger Stanway, became convinced that UFOs were of demonic origin. Both Knewstub and Stanway were originally believers in nuts-and-bolts spacecraft, but their views changed when their involvement in ufology came into direct conflict with their religious beliefs.

In November 1976, Stanway stunned his friends and colleagues by resigning as chairman and severing all contact with the subject. In his resignation letter of November 1976, he explained that he and his wife had been "born again" as part of a massive Christian revival that was sweeping through the world. He added that: "Furthermore, I now believe that the UFO phenomenon has Satanic origins." You could dismiss Stanway as an isolated example of someone who was pre-inclined to religious fundamentalism – but that wouldn’t necessarily be true, and he isn’t an isolated example.

Perhaps the most bizarre story of all concerns the BUFORA investigator for South Wales, Randall Jones Pugh, who died in 2003. Pugh – a retired veterinary surgeon – was a God-fearing man who investigated the West Wales UFO flap of 1977 that became known as the "Welsh Triangle". Initially, he was another believer in ET visitors but gradually his views changed. During his investigations, Pugh looked into a range of weird happenings centred upon a remote part of the Pembrokeshire coast: lights and objects hovering in the sky, mysterious silver-suited figures peering into farmhouse windows, cowering animals, a herd of cattle teleported from one part of a farm to another, and poltergeists plaguing a family of UFO witnesses. 7 By 1980, he had concluded that the UFO occupants were evil supernatural entities, and came to believe ufologists were placing themselves in both physical and spiritual danger. Soon afterwards, like Roger Stanway before him, Pugh left ufology and burned his collection of books and slides. These actions followed a series of personal experiences that, he claimed, "were too frightening to talk about".

Like Pugh, the Rev Anthony Millican’s interest in evil aliens came from personal experience. One night in April 1968, he was out for stroll with his wife near his vicarage on the outskirts of Bristol. Suddenly, the couple saw a glowing, dome-shaped object hovering close to the ground just a few hundred feet away. It was transparent and appeared to rotate silently on its axis; both felt "uncanny and chilling" sensations.

Millican said: "I don’t think the thing I saw was mechanical at all. I got the distinct impression that it was alive." He felt the UFO was evil, and made a report of it to the Bishop of Bristol and to the police, who searched the area but drew a blank.
it's a part of a 5 pager... available here: http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/211_ufosfromhell3.shtml

Sounded kinda familiar...

Because of their previous indoctrination of religious beliefs, these (ufologist) people decided to throw out the baby with the bath water because they could no longer or wish to continue to perform critical thinking? So, if something does not make sense, gives you an "uncanny and chilling" sensation, it must be inherently "evil", so christian theology or "religious beliefs" must be the perfect blue pill that somehow returns normalcy otherwise known as a sleeping pill? What about the red pill - could they just have looked on the "other side" as a possible explaination that we are not alone? Evil is a funny thing, it can be very subjectively looked at as much as good is, both has to do with making a decision regarding your freewill, so I think we need to learn more about what good and evil is and how both plays a hand in our decision making process... Some people are on one side of the fence (good) and others on the other side of the fence(evil) - where decisions can be subjective or objective and it all depends on our thinking at the time. Does anyone remember what Jesus said about those people who sat on the fence (I spit thee out of my mouth...)? Hmm... I wonder if he even said that or if the PTB wrote that in the bible.

The future is OPEN, we will all soon SEE it for what it IS, if we just keep our subjective interpretations on the back burner, keep our objective reasoning with us always, so that the truth might set us free.
OSIT

dant said:
Does anyone remember what Jesus said about those people who sat on the fence
But wasn't Jesus sitting on the fence as well? Otherwise what would he be doing here? He would be with the almighty Father in Heaven - wouldn't he? So, you see, sometimes, to learn about sitting on the fence you must sit on this fence, even if for a while, yourself - otherwise you will have only a second-hand knowledge. So, the point is not whether you actually sit on the fence or not. The point is: what is your purpose?

Awesome response Ark, and thank you for pointing this out.
One question though, does anyone really KNOW that their purpose (in life) is?

dant said:
Well, there may be more than one purpose. As for me, one purpose (perhaps even the main one) of my life is to find my purpose.

::pokes ark:: Lemme know when ya find it, I'm still looking for mine and could use some pointers on where to look :-)

What i thought was interesting was how, if you continue to read the article, people who get 'too close' get scarred and back off. It makes me wonder - what is it that's scaring them? Def provokes my curiousity, further, in the wave its hypothesized that aliens eat us, in some sense, ergo if some of that reality was unveiled to them they most def would have seen it as 'evil', and with sufficiently advanced technology Aliens might seem like demons... so i don't think the two concepts (aliens=demons and aliens=higher beings that eat us) are mutually exclusive at all, and merely are two different perspectives on the same thing.

I mean, satan=demiurge=god of the old testament=leader of the lizzies makes sense as well...

Cyre2067 said:
::pokes ark:: Lemme know when ya find it, I'm still looking for mine and could use some pointers on where to look :-)
And reciprocally!

Cyre2067 said:
What i thought was interesting was how, if you continue to read the article, people who get 'too close' get scarred and back off. It makes me wonder - what is it that's scaring them?
Perhaps the truth always scares truce seeking minds? :)

Cyre2067 said:
Def provokes my curiousity, further, in the wave its hypothesized that aliens eat us, in some sense, ergo if some of that reality was unveiled to them they most def would have seen it as 'evil', and with sufficiently advanced technology Aliens might seem like demons... so i don't think the two concepts (aliens=demons and aliens=higher beings that eat us) are mutually exclusive at all, and merely are two different perspectives on the same thing.

I mean, satan=demiurge=god of the old testament=leader of the lizzies makes sense as well...
Look is one thing. Activity and results of the activity is another thing. So, perhaps, one should look not only at the look? There is also another point: those with really advanced technology should be able to adjust their look, to adjust to their purpose - if they care. But if they don't care - that also tells us something.

dant said:
Does anyone remember what Jesus said about those people who sat on the fence
I don't remember Jesus response to that particular question but I do remember the C's response.
Session 020731 said:
A: He who sits on fence gets splinters.
Q: (M) That is so true.
A: And they can be particularly nasty when one jumps off in haste upon realizing that fence sitters are
prime targets for snipers.

ark said:
Look is one thing. Activity and results of the activity is another thing. So, perhaps, one should look not only at the look? There is also another point: those with really advanced technology should be able to adjust their look, to adjust to their purpose - if they care. But if they don't care - that also tells us something.
The beings that I have seen, they are just like black holes. It's not just a matter of visual appearance, the frequency they emit is like a scream of rage/horror. You can't hide that as it's who and what you are. Much like having a pretty face, but being rotton inside and everyone knows it. The truth is always there to see.
It's probably why they do most of thier nasty work through thier servants. They CAN'T look like anything else but what they are...or not for long as it's too taxing.
They've been geneticly tampering with life forms to try and find proper vehicles to reside on 3D with.
So I think they might care how they look, or at least keep a lid on it as it won't suit thier purposes of control at this time. Wishful thinkers to the 'core', trying to have thier cake and eat it too.

ark said:
dant said:
Well, there may be more than one purpose. As for me, one purpose (perhaps even the main one) of my life is to find my purpose.
I was thinking about 'purpose' and how hard it is to 'know' (especially regarding specifics) and perhaps even harder with constant 3 and 4D sts interferance. I've thought of a good all-round 'purpose' for myself, and that is to 'serve others'. This serves me, (eventually) although perhaps not immediately. :D Our other 'puposes' may also be 'hidden in plain site' and we are blind to them because of our lack of knowledge about our past as well as our current emotional conditioning.

I can't help but wondering how many people have completely missed their 'purpose' in life including the gentlemen in the Forean Times article simply because they didn't want to 'see' something... and then perhaps because they didn't want to accept what they saw.

GreyCat said:
The beings that I have seen, they are just like black holes.
But how do you know they are "aliens"? Did they say so? If so, did you believe them? Why? If they didn't say so, but you say so, then why do you believe yourself? Ann if they were not aliens, who or what were they?

Vulcan59 said:
I don't remember Jesus response to that particular question but I do remember the C's response.
Session 020731 said:
A: He who sits on fence gets splinters.
Q: (M) That is so true.
A: And they can be particularly nasty when one jumps off in haste upon realizing that fence sitters are
prime targets for snipers.
My God! We've all got splinters in our bums and big red and white taget signs strapped to our chests! Reminds me of that Farside cartoon where one (moose or is it deer?) quips to another, "Bummer of a birthmark, Hal". It wasn't on the internet for copyright reasons.

Here's something similar
http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=2861&display=photoshop

Back
Top Bottom