Departure dream

BlueKiwi

Jedi Master
I have had, and still regularly have this dream in numerous variations. Maybe 30 times so far.

The dream mostly manifests as me feeling the urgent need to leave where I am. I'm either at an airport or in a hotel room needing to get to an airport to go somewhere. Where, I don't know. I just know I need to board a plane and fly somewhere. Sometimes it can be going in a car, or just walking somewhere. Recently it's mostly been a hotel room about to go to an airport.

One very unique time I was on top of a very high hill in a forest clearing waiting to "leave" and with me was 5 to 7 other people with very few if no possessions, just the clothes on our backs.

Each time, I either can not locate all of the things I think I need to take with me, or I have too much stuff and don't have the space to take everything with me. There is always too much. I should be taking at least something, shouldn't I ?

Every time, I end up either leaving most of my stuff behind, or not going because I'm too caught up trying to find my things to put in my bags to take with me, and I miss the flight. Most of the time I don't even know what particular things I am trying to pack, or even aware that I need to take anything. I just have to pack something, because that's what I usually do.

The attachment to material possessions is holding me back from getting where I need to be.

It took me a couple of times to figure this out. My wife also had her version of this dream too.

Back
Top Bottom