Dr. Paul Conti - Improving mental health

Steph_rivers

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I wanted to share this pretty amazing podcast from Huberman Labs feauturing psychologist Dr. Paul Conti who presents a very interesting point of view on his perspective of the “self”.

What I find most particularly interesting is his emphasis on 3 primary drives that moves a human being into action. An aggressive drive, a pleasure drive and a Generative drive.

What is very interesting is that he concludes that the generative drive (the drive that desires to love and nurture others) must be higher than the aggression and pleasure drive and actually tempers the other two into a state of balance.

In my opinion, the man is essentially spotlighting the STO human soul heart center and how we can nurture it and remove the power from negative thought patterns in pursuit of the generative drive. It also makes me wonder if O.P.s only have a Pleasure and Aggression drive.

This is a 4 part series and I highly recommend anyone to watch who is interested in additional tools to future “know thyself” :-D

I’m sharing part 2 because it talks about the self improvement aspect while recapping definitions and context of previous terms he uses from the first video.

Everyone has a unique experience and has programs, health and trauma to heal or come to understand in order to find the signal of growth, STO, order and progress.

Aggression and pleasure is kind of a generality and isn’t ubiquitous in others. For example my aggression is low as aggression in my father was high and I gravitated away from that. Moreover, if one has hormonal or glandular or other like problems aggression may be overly high or low depending on one’s individual make up from an organism standpoint. Also, trauma may make one more anti social than others as they fear integration with life reducing pleasure.

The generative drive is closer to the goal of progress and the work as it is more likely to reduce entropy and enact care which needs order and conscious application, albeit there is even more to it than what I speak of but these are my comments on his content. He is talking about the everyday makeup of a “normal” organism that went from A to B to C but life isn’t like that. The “generative” care/love is good but even if one just goes around in that mode it can retard ones progress, open one up to attack and retard others progress if the other isn’t ready for it. Just because one has a key doesn’t mean it will open every lock. It takes tact to know when and how to apply STO for oneself and the other. When/how to care

It’s not just three modes of operation for every situation and everybody at the same time. But yes humans have aggression and pleasure and care.

I know of husbands who have kids with a mother and they have trouble integrating. I know personal some humans grow closer within the family…

How Exposure to Light at Night Impacts Your Mental Health​

Story at a glance:
  • Light exposure at night is linked to psychiatric disorders, according to the largest such study to date
  • More light exposure at night was linked to an increased risk of depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, psychosis and self-harm
  • Greater exposure to light during the day was beneficial and was associated with a reduced risk for major depressive disorder, PTSD, psychosis and self-harm
  • Exposure to high amounts of light at night was linked to a 30% increased risk of depression, while exposure to high amounts of light during the day lowered depression risk by 20%
  • Light at night poses significant risks to your physical health as well, increasing the risk of several chronic conditions, including obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure

Attachments

• light-exposure-at-night-mental-health-effects-pdf.pdf
    206.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom