Exclusive: Interview with Ketone Expert Dr. Richard Veech

Gmork

The Force is Strong With This One
I think you all will enjoy this interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO4WZIaoO7M

Thanks for sharing! This was a really great video.

Bombshell = the protective effect of ketosis against radiation :wizard:

Wow, this interview was very very interesting. Dr. Veech has had an interesting career starting of studying History and ending up with 2 PHD's in Science. What was more amazing was his knowledge in the area of Ketosis. I found it very amusing when he kept pointing out to the host (who keeps pitching his new ketosis product) that many products meant to induce ketosis could actually end up being dangerous. He then backs this up with some proper scientific reasons.

Well worth listening. Thanks for posting GMORK!

The Pros and Cons of Ketone Supplementation​

Story at a glance:
  • Endogenous ketone production is an emergency response that relies on the activation of stress hormones. For this reason, I suspect chronic ketosis may be inadvisable. Taking exogenous ketones, however, does not activate stress hormones, and can be very helpful in some instances
  • While ketones are generally known to be good for your brain and lower inflammation, your brain cannot function on ketones alone. It requires glucose. If you do not consume enough carbs, your body will sacrifice muscle tissue to make the glucose it needs
  • There are several different types of ketone products available, including MCT-C8 oil, racemic ketone salts (beta-hydroxybutyrate), chiral ketone salts (D-beta-hydroxybutyrate), ketone esters and R 1,3-butanediol
  • One of the best therapeutic applications for exogenous ketones is when you need to decrease oxidative stress, such as when getting a CT scan, x-ray or chemotherapy, or when flying
  • On the rare occasion where radiation or chemo may be warranted, high doses of ketone esters may help protect healthy cells from being damaged, specifically your immune cells

Attachments

• exogenous-ketones-pdf.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom