Fertility

Kmicic

Jedi Master
Hi all! I've noticed that the topic of fertility is discussed quite often on the forum, but I haven't found a thread that deals directly with it so I decided to start a new thread. I was inspired to do so by a radio programme I listened to today on the subject of predicted world fertility levels by the Bill Gates Foundation. The research they commissioned predicts that, over time, the poorest countries will have the highest fertility rates while 'developed' countries will face a recession of citizens to a significant degree. I began to wonder why this was happening, if I remember correctly the C's said that having offspring and fertility are linked to being STO. Is the reduction in fertility of all developing countries perhaps a deliberate act? I know there are plenty of links in many threads to this topic so I don't want to elaborate, surely everyone has something to say, information they have shared on other occasions, my idea was that we should just start commenting on this topic in one place. If this is a bad idea then please delete the thread :-)

I think it is a good idea to hear different perspectives on the matter.

In general parents in developing countries tend to have more kids due to a simple fact that "making kids" is one of the few pleasant activities available to them. And free, since means of prevention costs money :whistle:

Next related to fertility would be psychological issues and conditions which are less common in developing countries. So they tend to be more successful in the act.

I would not say that concept of having kids is necessarily STO.
Make no mistake, it does tax parents in every possible way and then some should they want to do a good job raising their kids into loving knowledgeable and responsible adults.

But these days in developed countries we can see a trend of any and every distractions being more important - having time for self, or not willing to deal with additional responsibility, or simply not being interested, or a latest whim which there are plenty based on influencers, the list goes on.

Thank you Honzap for answer, I would like only to add that those Gates research as far I know focus on medical side no decision side, it's like e.g. men's from developed countries got poor quality semen

Back
Top Bottom