Posting Video Links: Finding Alternative to YouTube

I've noticed that a lot of YouTube video links that have been posted by members are no longer available due to YouTube's war on free speech. So it's unfortunate when we find an interesting read posted by a member, but the supporting data is gone.

I think it would benefit every forum member to be aware of that, and thus, it would be essential to change our habit of going for YouTube, and instead check out other video hosting sites (when possible) that often have the same videos. That way, information might be able to be relayed/archived much longer.

Here is a list of the most popular video hosting sites that are more "tolerant" than YouTube:
BitChute
Dailymotion
Odysee
Rumble
Vimeo

100% uncensored
Brighteon (founder is Mike Adams): Brighteon
Banned Video (founder is Alex Jones): https://banned.video/

I've noticed that a lot of YouTube video links that have been posted by members are no longer available due to YouTube's war on free speech. So it's unfortunate when we find an interesting read posted by a member, but the supporting data is gone.

I think it would benefit every forum member to be aware of that, and thus, it would be essential to change our habit of going for YouTube, and instead check out other video hosting sites (when possible) that often have the same videos. That way, information might be able to be relayed/archived much longer.
The problem is that none of those sites can be directly embedded into a forum post like YouTube, due to the forum software. While I understand where you are coming from, it is useful to be able to watch a video directly from the forum. That's probably why most people are posting YT videos, and it saves the user's time trying to find them on other platforms. But certainly if a video's content seems like it may get taken down, it would be useful for the person posting to try to find another source and post both just in case.

Last edited:
The problem is that none of those sites can have the video directly embedded into a forum post like YouTube does, due to the forum software. While I understand where you are coming from, it is useful to be able to watch a video directly from the forum. That's probably why most people are posting YT videos, and probably it saves the user's time trying to find them on other platforms. But certainly if a video's content seems like it may get taken down, it would be useful for the person posting to try to find another source and post both just in case.
I didn't know about that "embed" function. Thanks for the info.

I always use a computer (windows) to navigate the forum, and I always watch video links directly from their original website, that way it allows me to look for more info (description, other links, looking up the source and comments, etc.)
I guess the YT embed function might be more practical for tablet and cell phone users?

Can someone please tell me how to embed videos with the whole image in the post? I only know how to do it by clicking the link button and pasting the address, then writing in a title, which just provides a link instead of an image of the video. If that makes any sense.

Can someone please tell me how to embed videos with the whole image in the post? I only know how to do it by clicking the link button and pasting the address, then writing in a title, which just provides a link instead of an image of the video. If that makes any sense.
Just click the little "Media" button and it will pop up a box you can paste the YouTube link in. If you are on a smartphone, you may need to tap the little triple dots first to reveal the extra editing options, which includes the Media button.

Just click the little "Media" button and it will pop up a box you can paste the YouTube link in. If you are on a smartphone, you may need to tap the little triple dots first to reveal the extra editing options, which includes the Media button.

Thanks @Ryan !😎

Back
Top Bottom