Question about the dissapearance of Dennis Martin

Hello all. I'd simply wish to ask C's about what really happened to Dennis Martin bacause it seems impossible that we will ever find the answer. I think CS are the only hope for any clue. Was it a faul play? Was he kidnapped? Is his family involved, did they lie about the timing / did they do something to him (unlikely)? Did he just wander off (what for and how is it possible to wander off in a span of 5 minutes?) Does anyone hide anything?

I'm preparing a diploma project for uni (I study graphic design) which will be a website with interactive storytelling about the disappearances phenomenon and the case of Dennis Martin is one of those that I'm gonna analyze more deeply. I've researched it thoroughly and it's one of the most misterious cases.

The question of what happened to him is haunting me. In many similar cases the family is most probably involved - like in case of Sammy Boehlke's dissapearance or DeOrr Kunz's. But in case of Dennis Martin it would be weird if a whole family of father, grandfather, two brothers and also the other Martins were involved in a murder and stay quiet. Is it possible that father and grandfather lied about the timing? Maybe Dennis has been lost for much longer, like several hours, which makes him wander off and getting lost more possible. But we need to take into consideration that Dennis's father has been doing everything he could to find his son and he was really sacrificing himself so I doubt he could harm his son or he did know anything.

So the major questions here would be: Did the family lie about the timing? Do they know anything about what happened? and Did someone kidnap Dennis or did he simply get lost? If he was kidnapped, who did it?

For those who want to know more of the case I attach the sources:

Best video on the topic on yt. This channel also has two more videos about the topic. The creator has a very down-to-earth approach.

An article - summary:

FBI records recently revealed:

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with the case, but, what do YOU think happened? How would you answer each question you posed? What do you think is most likely?

As well as logic and reason, try to use intuition. Try to allow the case to sit in the back of your mind, without trying to force it. Just keep it with you each day, being open to the different scenarios, and even things you haven’t thought about yet.

Thank you for the clues T.C. I remember an interesting quote from one of the videos by this creator I posted above - that most of the time we just can't think "out of the box" and as some explained cases proved, sometimes the answer is so weird that we don't even take such scenario into consideration.

Of course I can trust my intuition combined with logic, but still it is not a definitive answer. And while I'm aware that the CS's answer also will not be definitive, it's still something more than my own thoughts.

The only thing I'm quite convinced of is that the family is not involved in it. I don't think they lied about the time - to be honest if they were wrong by even 30 minutes, it wouldn't make any difference because the child was RIGHT THERE. If he somehow lost the way he could have screamed, shout. For some reason - he couldn't. Why he couldn't? The obvious answer is - someone prevented him from it. Or something. Or he was too scared to shout, he somehow felt like he had to hide from searchers, we don't know what child's mind can produce. Or he fell into some very deep, hidden hole and they couldn't hear him (such things happened before, that someone disappeared and later was found inside some weird hole in the ground). But why did he wander off in the first place? Maybe something caught his interest and he went to investigate (children are curious) and then he got lost. I don't think it's possible for some big hole to be near the place often visited by hikers. It's just bizzare.

Of course we can't ignore stories about different dimensions, people who lose their orientation within a second or stories about feral people, bigfoot etc., but there's no proof of it being the case apart from some shady testimonies.

Of course we can't ignore stories about different dimensions, people who lose their orientation within a second or stories about feral people, bigfoot etc., but there's no proof of it being the case apart from some shady testimonies.

Have you read David Paulides "Missing 411" books? If not, you should if you are seriously interested in understanding this case. Having read all the books, and other material on the topic, when there is no plausible explanation for a disappearance, there really is only one remaining answer. And it happens, a lot.

Have you read David Paulides "Missing 411" books? If not, you should if you are seriously interested in understanding this case. Having read all the books, and other material on the topic, when there is no plausible explanation for a disappearance, there really is only one remaining answer. And it happens, a lot.
Yes, I did read it. I had to analyze his book for my project.
He is not directly leaning towards one explanation, as well as an extraterrestrial/bigfoot one. I find a lot of stories interesting from his perspective, but I also found information that he is not always being honest in his books, he tends to bend the truth to create more drama (I can give examples of older cases where are the discrepancies between what Paulides wrote and what the newspapers reported at the time, but maybe the newspapers wrote lies - that I don't know). Also he does not describe these events in much detail, he's just scratching the surface. And from my own analysis, a lot of cases in his books are... easy to explain or are logically explanable. In my opinion most of those are either:
- people told lies on purpose hiding faul play, for example Sammy Boehlke or DeOrr Kunz
- most probably faul play - f.ex. Evelyn Rosemann. Wilderness is a great area for various serial killers or to commit a crime. From what I know, the entries to and from parks are not guarded or they weren't in let's say 60s or 80s. Would it be impossible to kill someone and bury the body so it's never found? The area is huge. It happened that unknown bodies were found in parks.
- accidents
- the person didn't end up where he said he was heading - cases in which a person said they were going to some place, went missing, and no traces were found at that place to indicate that he had ever been there. Logically it leads to a conclusion that this person went missing somewhere else, but of course - who knows.

Of course I'm not any person qualified to judge if Paulides books are valid or not, I'm just comparing different sources taking his books into account as well. It's just that I have some doubts about his approach.

What one remaining answer do you have in mind? For me it's important to consider this idea about "thinking out of the box". Sometimes the answer is very obvious, but we just don't notice it.

What one remaining answer do you have in mind? For me it's important to consider this idea about "thinking out of the box". Sometimes the answer is very obvious, but we just don't notice it.

Have you tried cross referencing his work with "UFO abduction" testimonies?

Back
Top Bottom