Remote Viewing - General Discussion, Techniques and Precautions.

Jtucker

Jedi Master
Part I:

I'll start this thread as if no one's ever heard of the concept of Remote Viewing for anyone who isn't familiar with the concept.

Over the past two years, many new channels on You Tube featuring remote viewers with all kinds of startling info, offers to teach the skill and probably some intelligence organization disinfo operations have popped up. I'll start with the "official" overview.

Excerpt from a 2002 paper, "Clairvoyant Remote Viewing: The U.S. Sponsored Psychic Spying" from the Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis. I found this copy on Columbia University's web site.

Background to Remote Viewing Faculty

The faculty of Remote Viewing is popularly also known as Extra Sensory Perception (or ESP for short), a term coined by the pioneering parapsychology researcher J.B. Rhine in 1934. Students of Indian Yogic lore are however well acquainted with it. Aphorism 3.26 of Patanjali’s classic work Yoga Sutras (400 B.C.) describes the first of the ashta-siddhis (or psychic powers) that a serious practitioner of Yoga can acquire as ‘obtaining knowledge of the small, the hidden or distant by directing the light of superphysical faculty’. Russell Targ, has commented that the techniques used by the US viewers for ‘looking into the distance and the future’ are ‘strikingly similar to the detailed instructions given in the Yoga Sutra!’

Most ancient civilizations appear to have been acquainted with the knowledge of this particular faculty of the human mind. In both Indian and Chinese scriptures there are instances of the clairvoyant skills of people being used as a tool for obtaining relevant military information in the battle-ground.

It is learnt that the US Government authorities started paying serious attention to investigating the possible applicability of ‘remote viewing’ techniques for military purposes only when a book titled Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, authored by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder, was published in 1970 . This book appears to have jolted the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) into action, triggering what one journalist has dubbed as the ‘Race for Inner Space’! Hal Puthoff, the founder and first Director of the SRI Studies has given a graphic account of how it all began in his recollections of the programme.

Laboratory Investigations of Remote Viewing

Systematic scientific investigation of telepathy and ESP had been carried out in the US by J.B. Rhine and his associates during the 1930s and the 1940s at Duke University, using a set of five ‘Zener Cards’ containing symbols such as square, circle, star, plus sign, and a wavy pattern.

One of these cards selected at random would be kept open in one room and a ‘transmitting agent’ would focus his mental attention and concentration on the same. A ‘receiver’ or ‘viewer’ sitting in an adjacent room would try to guess which card is open. The success rate in such ‘card guessing’ tests would be recorded. If the experimental hit rate was statistically more significant than the ‘chance expectation’ rate of one in five (or 20 per cent) it would be interpreted as evidence of a telepathic or ESP mode of information transfer.

Unfortunately, to obtain statistically significant results the experiment had to be repeated thousands of times and this led to ‘decline effects’ due to boredom (or tiredness) on the part of the remote viewer. To overcome this problem, parapsychology researchers at SRI started using a set of pictures taken from the National Geographic magazine instead of the zener cards. A ‘rank order’ method of quantifying the success rate was developed for this.

The focus of research then shifted to assessing the success rate in ‘test bed’ or field trials where a remote viewer was asked to sense and describe a natural scene or a military site where an ‘agent’ or ‘beacon’ was located. Both the ‘transmitting agent’ at the site and the ‘viewer’ or ‘receiver’ sitting in the lab would be asked to fill out an identical 30 point questionnaire with a yes (’1’) or no (’0’) marking. This method of assessment was first developed by Princeton University researchers in their Engineering Anomalies Research Programme 13 while investigating ‘Precognitive Remote Perception’. Using advanced mathematical methods developed in the field of artificial intelligence and pattern recognition, the degree of success of the remote viewer was quantified.

In the next stage of research simulating military spying missions, the presence of the transmitting ‘agent’ at the target site was dispensed with and the remote viewer was encouraged to view relevant military targets within the US, given only the latitude and longitude of the target site. A brief summary of the outcome of the research on ‘anomalous cognition’ sponsored by the US Government is available in Edwin May’s website <www.lfr.org>. Dr. May was the Director of this research at SAIC when the programme was officially terminated in 1995.

PART II - Continued excerpts from the IDSA paper:

Examples of Operational Assignments:

The following are brief summaries of some very interesting operational assignments as reported in the declassified remote viewing literature.

Nuclear Research Centre at Semipalatinsk, in the former Soviet Union (July 1974)

This was CIA’s very first operational viewing assignment. The viewer was Pat Price. Pat was asked to describe what was located at a suspected underground nuclear testing site in the former Soviet Union known by the code name PNUTS. CIA indicated that it was of great interest to them. They had in their possession a spy satellite photograph of the site.

The viewer was given only the geographical coordinates of the site in degrees, minutes and seconds (This type of viewing has been referred to as ‘Coordinate Remote Viewing’). Pat was also told that the site was an R&D test facility. The government’s representative decided that if the viewer described either the known multi-story crane or odd structures resembling oil well derricks, then they would continue.

Pat’s description of this remote site in his own words was, “I am lying on my back on the roof of a two or three storeyed brick building. It’s a sunny day. The sun feels good. There’s this most amazing thing. There is a gigantic crane moving back and forth over my head . . . As I drift up in the air and look down, it seems to be riding on a track with one rail on each side of the building. I’ve never seen anything like that”. This viewing assignment continued for a couple weeks during which he drew pictures of the gigantic gantry crane and many other items at the site such as “a cluster of compressed gas cylinders” which were also visible in the satellite pictures. The gantry crane was moving on eight large wheels, two on each of the four legs. This unique feature was confirmed by the satellite photos. (The remarkable similarity of his drawing of the crane and the satellite photo can be seen in Ed May’s website <www.lfr.org>).

In later sessions, Pat described the activities in the interior of the building on top of which he was lying earlier. He explained that “people were assembling a giant 60 ft diameter metal sphere using thick metal ‘gores’ like sections of an orange peel, but the workmen were having trouble welding it all together as the pieces were warping; they were therefore looking for a lower temperature welding material”.

SRI researchers were later told that the site was the super-secret Soviet atomic bomb laboratory at Semipalatisk. They also learnt three years later from a news item published in Aviation Week magazine that “the sphere which was about 58 feet in diameter was intended to capture and store energy from nuclear driven explosives or pulse power generators”. (Russell Targ has commented that ‘the accuracy of Price’s drawing is the sort of thing that I as a physicist would never have believed, if I had not seen it for myself.)

A Spectacular Example of Precognitive Remote Viewing

(Carried out by Joe McMoneagle in September 1979)

Mission: Spy satellite photographs had shown suspicious heavy construction activity around a building located 100 meters from a large body of water, somewhere in northern Russia. The National Security Council (NSC) wanted to know what was going on there.

Assignment: Joe was given only the geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude) and asked to describe the site.

When Joe said it was a “cold location, near a body of water with large buildings and smoke stacks etc”, NSC was satisfied that he was probably at the right site. They then showed him the satellite photograph in their possession and asked him to find out what was going on inside the building. Joe said, “The interior is very large and noisy; active working area, full of scaffolding, girders and blue flashes probably arc welding.” He took a break and continued in another session, ”Probably a huge submarine under construction (Draws a sketch with dimensions, etc). A long flat deck; strangely angled missile tubes, about 18 to 20 in number. A new type of mechanism to drive the submarine (nuclear powered?); a double hull.”

At this point the NSC representatives figured that Joe must be wrong because if what he said was true, it would be the world’s biggest submarine! No US intelligence agency had ever heard of it. The US did not possess a submarine this large. Besides, who would build a submarine in a building so far from water? How would they launch it? But since Joe had acquired the reputation of being very accurate, NSC asked him to ‘view the future’ and find out when it would be launched!

Joe ‘scanned the future month by month’ and said the Russians would blast a channel to connect the building with the body of water and launch the submarine in four months.

Confirmation : In January 1980, exactly as predicted by Joe, spy satellite pictures confirmed the launching of the world’s biggest submarine after construction of an artificlal channel connecting the building to the water. It had 20 missile tubes, a large flat deck etc exactly as described by Joe!

Implications and Conclusions:

(Other than military) the more important implication of the findings of RV research to humanity as a whole perhaps is that it serves to validate the age-old concept of many Eastern wisdom-traditions that have always emphasized the non-local nature of human ‘consciousness’. Thus it serves to provide some degree of scientific validity to various forms of spiritual and distant healing practices as emphasised by Russell Targ himself in his 1997 book titled "Miracles of Mind".

Another very important aspect emerging from RV research is the question of precognition and its implications. It again seems to give a measure of ‘scientific credence’ to various stunning but anecdotal stories of premonitions and remarkably successful ‘predictions’ such as that of Edgar Cayce. Princeton University’s PEAR group and others have discussed these implications in depth. Precognition touches on some very fundamental philosophical questions regarding free will and causality.

I think the paper above touches on some of the main issues surrounding the practice.

- Ingo Swann, Pat Price, Joe McMoneagle, Puharich etc. weren't average people who just decided to take up remote viewing. They had already developed these abilities somewhat before entering the fray with intelligence agencies. These viewers were already "seeing" and then tuned their skills. The ability wasn't developed from "scratch".

- I think the harder the target, the more accessible it is to be remotely viewed. So when the RV'er is given concrete geographical co-ordinates, they can access more information. This is one thing I'm not clear on with some of the You Tube channels when the RV'ers are assigned a numerical co-ordinate for a location or even in the past, that isn't a physical co-ordinate. How does that work?

- In terms of "precognition" as with Joe McMoneagle and the future launching of the Soviet super-sub. Yes, the accuracy is very impressive. But I don't think there was a lot of probability involved. This was a mega-project nearing its end with hard timelines, so it's completion and launch was pretty much set in stone. Joe's abilities are impressive but when talking about probabilities, there was very little chance of it unfolding in any other way.

- The other issue comes down to what I'll call a "Knowledge Set". Watching and reading RV reports over the past year or so, this to me, is the biggest limiting factor. If we take the Intelligence assets' accounts above into account, the needed Knowledge Set is clear and easily accessible. Current Geo-political tensions, current physical geography, basic knowledge of military-industrial complex weapons and technology are already known. In this case the sought out information is well within the RV'ers "Knowledge Set" - meaning general concepts and awareness.

- With Ingo Swann's viewings as he described in "Penetration" - complications arise. He was tasked with targeting the dark side of the moon. His basic assumption is that the moon is barren and uninhabited. When he views structures and beings that are non-human, he initially thinks he's wrong and tries again - getting the same results. The second time, the being he's viewing senses his non-physical presence. This is a big revelation for Swann.

Swann's Knowledge Set is that he knows what the moon is, and he's heard of aliens - but had no idea they could read his non-physical penetration of their space. Now he has to deal with psychic aliens.

- I think it gets even more difficult when RV'ers try and view Gobekli Tepe or Atlantis. Now there's almost no way to have a Knowledge Set to read what they're seeing. From what we've tried to dig out here on the forum and based on some of the YouTube RV'er viewing, the entire psychic/technological/moral-ethical "climate" of lost civilizations is based upon completely foreign concepts to us. So that seeing it, doesn't mean interpreting it properly and possibly glossing our own assumptions into the viewing. Although I know many of the better RV'ers are aware of this issue and state it when describing what they're seeing.

- Finally the most difficult aspect of RV'ing is the getting the future forecast or probable future world events into focus. This seems to be the most murky and least clear of the viewings. Most likely due to the fact that the future is "open" as the C's say, but I also think that it's due to wishful thinking and assumptions. It's inevitable that anyone would want the future to go "their way" or to punish the evildoers, or conform to an invested outcome - I just know my team is going to win... Salvation is coming... etc.

Some Notes on my personal "sort of" Remote Viewing:

When I was in my 20's and 30's I aspired to be a feature film screenwriter. Almost from the beginning I was able to upload entire screenplays in a light trance state during the middle of the day or more often after just waking up in the morning and going back into a conscious half-sleep. I thought this was how everyone wrote screenplays - but I later found out most people just take existing movies, biographies or legends and tweak them enough, so it doesn't look like plagiarism.

I was able to utilize this process more than thirty times to get full screenplays where I would scribble down outlines, dialogue and story in a complete form before spending the next two months formatting them into a structured drafts.

On a few occasions I was able to upload complete Sci-Fi worlds with sequels, spinoffs and "alternate" narratives that were essentially parallel but different versions of the main story. These worlds were very vivid and felt "real". I don't really think these came from my subconscious - but who knows?

Obviously this is a relatively well-known creative process that was likely much more common than it is now and used by novelists more than movie creatives. I wouldn't term what I was able to access as Remote viewing per se.

I'll note that this whole process suddenly stopped being available to me in 2015. It came back for one project in 2017, but since then I haven't received the "signal" so to say.

As for trying remote viewing with the intent of uncovering some level of objective information I've only had some success once.

In Oct. 2023 I was baffled an confused researching the "missing years" of the Roman Empire discussed at length in that thread. I could not find anything on how to connect a coherent, direct line of development from the cult of Divus Iulius to Paul and Mark and then finally to Constantine and Justinian less than 100 year from Caesar's assassination. It was driving me crazy, no matter where I researched - I hit a dead end. Maybe there was enough in Carotta and From Paul to Mark to answer enough of the questions, but for me personally, I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I told myself, if I was going to get this information - it would have to be another way. One morning in late October I woke up at 6 and hit the internal snooze button for 15 minutes. Although I didn't fall back asleep, I was definitely not fully awake nor processing the 3D day ahead of me.

I found myself viewing the lower kitchen of a large Roman villa with three very beautiful middle-aged women who wore dark hair wrapped in spirals like the Etruscan statues. In their hair were woven bright, metallic threads (antennae enhancers?) The impression I had was that they were in a servants area "pretending" to be attending to a domestic concern.

They were all singing to each other in these very soft, melodious voices while they cleaned dishes. But they weren't just singing - it was a "gospel" they were communicating to each other and it was almost like a call and response series of verses loaded with meaning. Unfortunately, as it was in Latin - I couldn't get the actual words. But I felt i could intuitively read their meaning.

I had the impression that this was how the original Gospel of Caesar was preserved and transmitted - through singing it to each other - almost like an auditory/vocal passion play. It was these patrician women who were the "Vespers" (this word kept coming into my head and at that time I didn't know what it meant) who kept the memory of Divine Julius alive and remembered/revered when it may have been converted into something else by the state or other actors later in the empire. It seemed like they had to hide it. But the feeling I had was that this is the key to uncovering the links and alterations from Caesar to Justinian's Christianity.

More than the necessity of the universality of the One God of Paul, I had this feeling that there was something else in Caesar that had become forbidden or suppressed - by the state. What these women were doing was a danger to them and their families.

Other notes on images, words, concepts that came to me:

Vespers. Vigil. Syriac. Pontificate.

Daughter - Julia.

Greek word “euangelion” - “news that brings great joy.” This was what the look on the women's faces showed. Elation.

Implication that Caesar as divine means no other leader can be - especially the current emperor.

Gospel of Augustus.

Calpurnia's dream.

I'd like to figure out more of the Remote Viewing techniques to try and get these viewings more frequently. But I only have a slight idea of how to train the "frequency" through light trances in the morning between waking up and getting up.

I'd like to figure out more of the Remote Viewing techniques to try and get these viewings more frequently. But I only have a slight idea of how to train the "frequency" through light trances in the morning between waking up and getting up.
Most of the remote viewing is done by using "blind conditions" - that is, the remote viewer does not know the target and only gets a sequence of letters and numbers to identify the target. This has the advantage that the remore viewer can work with much less preconceptions and can focus on just seeing what is there at the target location.

However, one major problem of this approach seems to be that the preconceptions, expectations and beliefs of the person giving the target seem to influence what the remote viewers see. This "tasker" or "task giver" basically connects the letter/number-sequence to the desired location for the remote viewers. How this happens is a mystery. Seems to be some type of telepathy or something similar.

I noticed this problem particularly with the Farsight group, which is a very well known remote viewing group by Courtney Brown that has been around for at least 2-3 decades. Basically, all their remote viewing seems to involve aliens in one way or another - possibly or probably because Courtney Brown is the tasker and expects that. And the C's also did not have much positive to say about Courtney.

Another well-known remote viewing group is called Future Forecasting group, led by Dick Algire. They seem to have less preconceptions regarding their targets, though in their case there is some mysterious person ("Michael") who claims to be involved with the "administrators of the world" (cabal) and gives them "secret inside information". And it all comes down to the idea that resistance is futile, which Dick Algire and his group bought hook, line and sinker.

Well, I don’t want to sound like the “bossy older sister” or, heaven forbid, that “know it all Old Woman”, but...
For what it’s worth, I have gathered some info about Remote viewing, and having had several accurate experiences during different stages in my life, Ive got a few, shall we say, bits of “precautionary” advice, and a few information sources to follow.
Ya’ll kinda remind me of select moments in “Lord of the rings”. ;-)

Over the years, from the early 80’s on, I’ve read many of the books and articles, attended “training” lectures which were given by the latest and greatest “New Age” purveyors, to make sense of my experiences.

After comparing the multitudes of stories, reading about their experiences and lives, there is a remote viewer named John Vivanco, and I’d recommend his material, above all the others, in my opinion.

I’ve gleaned bits of data and information from his book, “The Time Before the Secret Words: On the Path of Remote Viewing, High Strangeness and Zen”, that filled in spots in several threads I’ve been investigating as well, unrelated to the act of “remote viewing”, so, he got points for that, too!

From the Introduction of the book -
“We move like ghosts through the ether, silent and undetectable, gathering information that can't be gathered any other way. To Al Qaeda, we are of the Djinn; to the FBI, we are Psychic Spies.

When the Twin Towers fell, we were likely part of some Hail Mary plan the FBI had -- "break glass in case of major terrorist attack only". They knew about us because we had run slightly afoul of them on a treasure hunting project, then again, every intelligence service knew of us. We were a successful Civilian Remote Viewing think tank developed just after it became declassified.

Post 9/11, the FBI brought us in to Remote View future terrorist attacks, and we were successful in helping to prevent another. The odd thing was, even though we were helping prevent terrorist attacks, there was a secretive covert group whose sole job was to shut us down. From setups, to death threats, we dodged as much as we could so we could keep working to bring this amazing ability to the world.
Being a Remote Viewer can also result in an exorbitant amount of High Strangeness.”
[…]
He also has a website, and coincidentally, they are offering classes starting in April, if anyone is interested.
As a disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated, connected, or being paid by said website, or it’s owner, lol.
It was just a “synchronistic” happening.

Here’s the link:

And, good luck, stay safe, as well, “May the odds be ever in your favour”.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a topic of interest to me as well, Jtucker. Your account of your RV of the Roman women singing is stunning and so feasible, accurate-seeming and beautiful. Your background info is great, too.

I did an online course with John Vivanco. I liked it and him a lot. It's been a couple of years gone by since then. I did get some specific numbers right, images, and so on. There are training videos online with John and his RV partner, Prudence Calabrese, in Right Hemispheric those years ago. She apparently kept a cup of Mugwort tea at her elbow at all times, finding it was an aid to RV process. Both John and Prudence also listened to Binaural Beats when doing sessions. I found I didn't like the taste of the Mugwort though with Binaural Beats I started listening to again in last month or so. I like those.

Speaking of warnings, his partner, Prudence Calabrese, after some dark times with government targeting them because of the information they accessed, went underground and has not been since for years. So far as I can find, Prudence has not resurfaced.

Also speaking of warnings, this one from John's book Jtucker wrote about above, was firstly, if you RV aliens they are likely to come see you. Also, Prudence Calabrese, in her home in California had a regular smelly, Grey Dude visitor. The visitor came to download info to Prudence. He would turn up at 2 a.m. in the bathroom of the house and his odour wafted around him. If I remember from the account in Vivanco's book, the odour was like rotting diappers. I just found a link below, written by Prudence as an introduction to her book about the Grey Dude visitations. There are a number of her essays that you can access on the page as well. In the article below she describes very clearly what the download communication process was like.

To give an idea of how Prudence describes the download, here's an excerpt from the longer article.

"The most perplexing aspect of the experiences is the package of information imparted each visit. These packages are self-standing structures in a way, each having a beginning and an end. The center is filled with interlaced threads that weave their way around beings, thoughts, places, times, and possibilities. Trying to make sense of this information is much like trying to make sense of a target during remote viewing. I pick the package apart, thread by thread, finding some places too tangled to even attempt, some places well worn, and some places rough and matted. Every part of each "message" (as we have come to call them) is interconnected - absolutely everything, like a cosmic soap opera where the characters are all each other's illegitimate children. The content is sometimes like a soap opera, too, dealing with people in the field of remote viewing, public personalities, and local acquaintances. "

https://web.archive.org/web/2004070...se.typepad.com/pru/2004/05/the_grey_dude.html

One way I began to use RV was for a theatre project about an historic feature in our town. RVing the past or future is iffy, as it is changeable, but whatever I got was interesting. I'd see rooms, people, a light, get a sense of energetics of the people. The project was never completed as the group that asked me to work on it with them didn't continue.

Link to TransDimensional Systems training video from 8 years ago with a good intro to RV from Prudence Calabrese.

Remote Viewer Lyn Buchanan has a book "The seventh sense" which I found fascinating.
A list of chapters gives you an idea of the contents, about some of which I may post in the future, especially if some requests it.
I am posting the Exercises to develop Remote Viewing, as it gives good ideas which would be useful for remote viewing AND in our lives (eg. Ambience)
1 April Fools Day
2 The first thing I learned
3 The military unit
4 A military intelligence tool
5 The civilian world
6 Reactions
7 What do we do with it now?
8 The seventh sense
9 New emotions
10 Protection (Protection while remote viewing)
11 The human mind
12 Mind meld (picking up information from the targets mind, if you have that ability)
13 The perfect session
14 Sliding around in time
15 The afterlife (using remote viewing to explore the afterlife)
16 The assigned witness program
17 Proving it
18 One final story
Epilogue
Appendix 1 Terminilogy
Appendix 2 Worksheets
Appendix 3 Frontloading
Appendix 4 Exercises to develop and enhance your remote viewing capabilities (reproduced below)
Appendix 5 Methods for scoring remote viewing sessions
Appendix 6 A sample remote viewing session
Appendix 7 Other remote viewing methods
Bibliography

Appendix 4

Exercises to develop and enhance your remote viewing abilities

The following exercises are given to every beginning controlled remote viewing student who goes through the training provided by problems solutions innovations
There were many attempt attempts in the military unit to devise exercises to make us more psychic but for all the general purposes they failed. The only exercise that was ever kept within the unit was to purchase a copy of a book called “Drawing on the right side of the brain” and go through the workbook fully and carefully. I would advise anyone who is serious about the field of remote viewing to do the same
For the most part though, exercises to enhance your psychic ability are useless. This is especially true of computer programs that use the computer's random number generator to create and have you control supposedly random events. In truth the random number generator in a desktop or laptop computer does not produce random numbers at all, but produces a string of randomly appearing numbers. That is, the numbers are hardwired into the computers program and will produce the same series of randomly appearing numbers time after time. The program starts when you turn your computer on, and only appears random because you access the chip at different times in that stream, but when you do access it what you get from that point on is a canned mathematically rigid series of numbers which only appear random. Computer programs that are designed to enhance your psychic ability using this method do not work, and are not worth bothering with, much less buying.
Like all other “Learn to be psychic” exercises, the exercises that followed do not enhance your psychic abilities. They are designed instead to get rid of those inhibitions that normally prevent you from using the psychic talents you are not presently using.
The first exercise, the ideogram exercise, teaches you how to allow your body to become a translator between the conscious and the subconscious mind.
Exercises two through five have been designed with the consideration that if you cannot adequately sense the world immediately surrounding you, there is no way you will be able to sense the world at some far distant target site, no matter how much psychic talent you may have. They train you to be sensitive to your surroundings, and in the process teach you to be sensitive to the surroundings at any targeted remote viewing site.
Exercise six is designed to teach you some very important realities about the problems you face when you as the only one who knows something about the target, set out to impart that knowledge to others. Repeated practice of this exercise has been of tremendous benefit to remote viewers, businessmen, sales personnel, artists, and writers. It should be taken very seriously and practiced often.

The ideogram exercise

The ideogram is the most fundamental feature of controlled remote viewing. This physical act initiates the line of communications between the conscious and the subconscious. In every session it is the equivalent of the most basic of moves, and any martial art. My company ‘Problems Solutions Innovations’ has a computer program that helps greatly with this exercise as it calls the words out to you over the computer speakers.

Exercise 1: Ideogram's

You know how people always say “Psychic ability is inherent to everyone. Anyone can do it!” Then you noticed that everyone is not doing it, and In fact most people doubt that they can. Ingo Swann and others once decided to accept the idea that everyone can do it and began to look at the problem in that way. Through a series of questions and answers a new starting place was developed to allow people to develop the ability.

Question
If everyone has access to the information where does it come into their minds?
Answer
Everyone generally agrees that in the framework of human sciences the answer appears to be through the subconscious mind.

Question
If everyone has psychic information available to their subconscious minds, why can't they access it consciously?
Answer
Because the conscious and subconscious minds don't talk to each other, they don't even speak the same language.

Question
If they don't speak the same language, and even after 80 to 100 years of living in the same body, can't seem to learn then what can be done to get the two talking to each other?
Answer
Get an interpreter.

Question
Who or what can understand and speak to both the conscious and subconscious minds.
Answer
The body. You can consciously control the body, and your subconscious and autonomic minds can control it, too. Through the physical senses you can pass information to the conscious, subconscious, and autonomic minds. It evidently speaks and understands them all.

In effect there is no need to develop one's psychic ability. Whatever ability you have is already there and working. All you have to do is develop a way to get the information it has access to. That is not a psychic psychic problem but a language problem. So the correct training is not to be found in the mysterious, the occult, the psychic, at all, but in other words, other fields, particularly linguistics.
What if we could form a language the body could use as a “Rosetta stone” which the conscious, the subconscious, and the autonomic minds could understand? Swann and others have looked into the already well researched fields of psychology, psychotherapy, and psychophysiology, as well as linguistics, to find the answers, and they were there.
First of all, since the language is for the physical body only, it has to be completely physical: no pronunciations, no processing, very basic grammar, etc. Since there is no such ready-made language, it is up to you to develop it. Then as with any other language you have to practice using it until it becomes a habit or second nature.
Let's start out simply: let’s take the Gestalt (basic concept) of “land". We don't care what kind of land: farmland, desert, plain, swamps, just the Gestalt of “land”. Now take a pen in your hand and draw the simplest most basic sketch you can possibly make for that Gestalt. Most people draw a straight, horizontal line. Fine. Let's make that the first word in your language. If you do something else, then you will use that from now on, after all, it's your own language.
Now sketch something. For water most people draw wavy line. Fine. Now you have a language of two words, or more correctly to “idea graphics" or as they are formally called, “ideograms”.
You now need to develop ideograms for “natural”, "man-made", “motion”, “space”, and “life” (or organic/living/cellular/whatever me anything that either has life or once had life).
Once you've developed a basic set of ideograms you begin the actual exercise itself. It is called “ideogram drills” and is guaranteed to be almost the most boring thing you have ever done. One person calls out the words in random order at random speeds and the student reacts to the word being called out by making the proper ideogram for it. This goes on for long periods of time, until the student has phased out and stopped paying attention. At that time we know that he or she is doing it subconsciously, in other words the subconscious mind is now learning and practising the new language too.
The ultimate goal of this is straightforward. When we ask a viewer to describe the target site, the viewer subconscious mind already having information about the site, will for example cause a hand to draw a straight line connected to a wavy line. The viewer looks at the ideogram and sees that the site is a place of land connected to water (a Beach, River, Island, Lake, etc.). First contact with the site has been made, and the session has begun.
CRV training is not just “relax and tell me what you see in your daydreams” that kind of thing has been tried for years with only minor success. That is also what most people taking training in “remote viewing” are doing. It's the same old stuff with a newer name.
Once a CRVer has gotten the basic Gestalt of the target site, more detailed information is gained through the secondary language which also includes the physical senses. In other words the language of CRV starts every session off with the basic descriptors, then more involved sensory contact, in preparation for the conceptual information about the site, finer and finer details, etc.

The ambience exercise

I tell everyone of my students that this is the most important part of the entire series of CRV courses. This exercise will enhance your perceptions to the point where everyone will suddenly think you have become a gifted psychic. Yet it does not deal with psychic functioning at all.
The ambience exercise develops your true sixth sense (the psychic senses actually are seventh sense (hence the name of this book). It will make you so uncommonly aware of your surroundings that you will probably feel as if you've been asleep all your life.
The ambience exercise consists of 20 separate steps or levels of work. If each step is performed correctly the total 20 steps to take many many years to master.
The spin-offs of this exercise include all the benefits of becoming more aware of the world around you. It will enable you to tell when there is a police radar around the bend by the ambience of the oncoming traffic, or whether a person is lying or not. You'll be able to know that a person is going to do before he or she does it and often before he or she even thinks of doing it. I'm convinced that if we could teach this exercise to every policeman in the nation we could drastically reduce the number policeman killed in the line of duty/
Here is the first ambience exercise. I cannot stress enough the importance of practising this exercise as often as possible.

Exercise 2: Ambience

My years of doing CRV have led me to conclude that our sixth sense is ambience. By ambience I mean the sort of feeling you get in a large cathedral. For instance, there is no body part to attribute it to as the other five senses have, but it is there just the same, not only that, but everyone entering the Cathedral will feel it too. So in our CRV training the sixth sense will be a very normal one: ambience. The psychic sense will then have to be the seventh sense.
One of the biggest problems psychics have in describing the distant site is a need to rely on their imagination to fill in things they can perceive about the distance site, but the real problem is that they can't even fully describe the location where they are. We're all that way, in fact, when we feel a certain ambience in a room it is usually very hard for us to describe. There are good reasons for that. English is very sparse in ambience words because ambience awareness is not a major part of our language. It is not a major part of our thought process.
That doesn't mean that it isn't an important part of our awareness, however think about it when you first enter a room with there is, say, danger, you are immediately aware of the ambience even before you are mentally conscious of anything in the room. Before any attention is given to the things in the room, the “feeling” is there. Why, you may wonder, isn't the feeling just a strong whenever you enter any room.
The answer to that is found in an old science experiment with frogs. If you place a frog in hot water it will immediately jump out, but if you place the same frog in cold water then slowly heat the water to boiling the frog will sit there and be boiled alive. Humans are much the same way. Once you get used to very hot dishwater, you can stick your hand into water that will scald your skin without instinctively pulling it back, the skin will be damaged, but you won't feel the pain or the damage until you remove your hand and it cools off. Humans like frogs, are much more sensitive to change than they are to constant conditions, therefore, if you leave a room that is safe and enter another room that is also safe you won't notice the ambience in the second room, as you are accustomed to it. But if you leave a safe room and enter a dangerous place you will notice a sudden change in ambience immediately. We are naturally sensitive to sudden large changes in ambience, but rarely ever to small ones.
When you remote view, you move your mind from one environment to another. If there is a very large change in ambience, you will notice it. Not surprisingly, dangerous sites of the easiest kind of target for most psychics to view. It is one reason psychics often see only visions of doom and gloom while sitting in their very safe and comfortable studies. You won't always be tasked with dramatic, exciting, dangerous, romantic, ecstasy-inducing targets. You will often be asked to describe an ordinary person's ordinary location and/or ordinary activities. That person may be sitting at a desk writing something on paper. You'll be sitting at a desk to view him or her, also writing on your paper. If you have not developed an accurate sensitivity to ambience you will notice nothing about the target person. You will think that you are not getting the target. In fact, you may be receiving impressions just fine, but they are so much like what you have in your own surroundings, that you can't noticed them.
So this exercise is designed to sensitize you to ever smaller changes in the ambience surrounding you. It will strengthen and heighten your ambience awareness. It will wake up a sense that you have used very rarely in your lifetime. It opens up your sixth sense. As you practice this exercise, you'll become aware of things that have always been around you, but do have never noticed before.
Here is the exercise. Beginning immediately, notice every doorway you go through. Before you do, stop and see if you can get a feel for the ambience in the room you're leaving. Then step through the door and see if you can feel the change in ambience. Although would be nice if you could describe the change exactly at this point you’re only concerned was sensitizing yourself to finer and finer amounts of change in ambience.
The exercise should be done with every doorway you go through from now until you die. That means doors between rooms, entrance and exit doors in buildings, the bathroom door, the bedroom door, the car door, etc. Every doorway. At some point it will become second nature to you, and you will have added an entirely new dimension to your awareness, and therefore to your life. You will be as the sighted are in the land of the blind.
I estimate the probably 90% of the events and actions that pass for “psychic” are nothing more than ambience. You know you are doing this exercise correctly when people around you start asking “what are you psychic or something?"

The vocabulary exercise

It is a proven fact that you will tend not to make any permanent mental record of anything for which you do not have a word to describe it. It is therefore very important to expand your vocabulary, since reporting your findings is a major part of all para-psychological work, you need the vocabulary with which to recognize and report what is at the site. If you cannot do that with someone right in front of you, then you will not be able to send your mind halfway around the world and perceive and report what is going on there.
Do this exercise about once a week. If you have children whom you could involve in the “game” of it, please do so. The spin-off the of this exercise is that it will make anyone practising it better writers, reporters, public speakers, and conversationalists.

Exercise 3: Vocabulary

Scientific studies of the mind and how people think show that the way you think determine the words you use, and the words you use determine how you think. This second finding is a subject of this exercise, for not only do your words determine how you think but they even determine what you can (and cannot) think. If you don't have a word for something, you tend not to objectify it - that is, even if you can sense it on the subconscious level, it never reaches a conscious level of thought, so you don't become aware of it. In effect if you don't have a word for a thing, feeling, situation, or even desire if you can't think about it. You may feel “something vague and nameless", but you can't mentally or logically work your way through it. If it is a problem, you can't solve it, and if it is what you want to do with your life and you don't have a word for it, you'll spend your life not getting it done. Once you have a word for something, you tend to also become aware of (and can think about) those things that are similar, even if you don't have a word for them. You form what are called “Cognotron's" around the first word.
In CRV work this means that if you get a subconscious perception, and do not have a word for objectifying it, then it will generally never make it to your conscious mind, and you won't know you perceived it. But let's say that you have a grasp at straws and come up with the wrong word for the perception. The word you come up with will have its own set of Cognotrons, and the rest of your descriptors will tend to match that first (incorrect) word and so will the rest of your perceptions. Herein lies one of the greatest pollution problems the CRVer will face. The problem however is not the result of insufficient ability to view, but simply an in of insufficient vocabulary.
The average American has a vocabulary of almost 200,000 words - that is, an inactive or passive vocabulary. They know that many words, but they don't ever use them. The average businessman has an active vocabulary of only about 2,000 words, that is, words he or she uses on a daily basis. When we refer to “active” vocabulary we are not only talking about the number of words a person uses every day, but also the range of thought that person is capable of thinking, and the range of perceptions that person has, as well. if something happens outside their normal range, it is generally not noticed, noticed but then, ignored or quickly forgotten.
If you can't notice, describe, or even perceive the things in the real world around you because of the size of your active vocabulary, how can you expect to perceive and describe the things at a far distant site? The answer is that you can't.
This is different from any “vocabulary exercise" you've ever done before. This is not a “learn a new word every day” type of exercise. It takes for granted that you've already have the vocabulary but that it is passive. If someone says a word, you'll recognize it at least well enough to get a meeting out of that person sentence. The object of this exercise is to transfer those words into your active vocabulary. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that you open up new thought patterns in the process. Because it is designed for CRV work, the exercise first enhances sensories and dimensionals, the exercise goes like this.

1. Get a group of two or more people together to do the exercise. Sit around a table with a pen and paper in front of each person. It is important for each person to write each word down as someone says it, simply to get that person's body involved in the process of activating the vocabulary. The body's interaction with the mind is paramount in all phases of CRV.

2. Select one of the sensory groups at random (sounds, colours, smells, taste, textures, temperatures, luminescence's, etc. ) or one of the dimensional groups (sizes, shapes, directions, orientations, etc.) Write the group selected at the top of the paper.

3. In either columns down or lines across, each person writes a vocabulary word, as someone calls it out. If you can add a word, call it out, too.

That's it. It's a very simple exercise on the surface, but in practice it becomes very hard. Here is an example:
colours
red, yellow, blue, brown, green, grey, (pretty soon you come up with words like) Hazel, auburn, mauve, magenta, (and then get desperate and move to colours that use nouns as descriptors) brick red, fire engine red, ruby red, blood red, sky blue, baby blue, etc.

When someone in the group says a word that you don't know, ask them to describe it in this way. You not only bring words from passive vocabulary to the active, but also expand your vocabulary in the process. The end result of this exercise is that it gets people to think about things they haven't thought about in years, to increase her ability to describe things in more minute detail, and therefore and thereby to expand their ability to perceive things.
This exercise should be practised at least once a week. If you have the chance to include school-aged children in the practice, the benefits for their education are enormous.

The sensory enhancement exercise

This exercise is designed to develop your five physical senses. Practising this exercise will hone your sensory awareness to heights presently unimaginable. You will find, if you practice the “go hug a couple of trees” exercise properly that almost every physical sensation now take for granted will become more experiential in nature.
The theory behind this exercise is that, if you can/cannot perceive the things in the physical world around you then you can/cannot experience them in the mental world of the target halfway around the world. The side benefit is that you can enhance your life and your awareness to degrees you never thought possible before.

Exercise 4 “go hug a couple of trees”
We are more sensitive to changes in the environment than we are to factors that make up the environment itself. Constant weather or temperature is not noticed after the first few moments, a sudden change however and we become aware of it immediately. We can study in a quiet library as long as there is no sudden noises. We can also study in the noisiest cafeteria or train station, because the noise is constant, but a change in the noise knows you will notice immediately.
Not only is change what we notice most, but we notice it as a relative change, not an absolute. Junior high school science teachers have the students do experiments in which you place one hand and hot water and another in cold water into you get each hand used to the temperature. Then you take both hands and place them in room temperature water. The hand that was in the hot water feels room temperature water as cold, while a hand that was in the cold water feels room temperature water as hot. This is a useful demonstration for CRVers. The impressions that come to us early on in the session come as sensory input. The body is doing its job translating the most primitive impressions in order to get us into closer contact with the target. We can help it do that by simply realizing that it is most sensitive to change, the more sudden the better. If we dwell on each sensory input the processes slowed down. The “body translator” has less of a chance to sense sudden changes in colour, texture, temperatures, sounds, etc. It becomes important then to work quickly. This not only allows your translator to notice more, but also keeps it from getting used to one impression and then interpreting another as a relative. For example, if you remain focused on a hot part of the site for too long a time you might tend to describe the rest of the site is cold, in spite of its being room temperature or maybe even just very warm.
By the same token it is important to have a sufficiently active vocabulary to name the impressions quickly so the translator can bounce towards more impressions. Hence the importance of the vocabulary exercise.
But there are some impressions for which there just aren't words. There are also times when two impressions will be so alike that a translator won’t be able to feel a change. As you “wink about the site” getting impressions, you may, for example, get “smooth” followed immediately by “smooth”. A quick thought goes through the mind about why the impression repeated, usually dismissed by the novice CRV. Here the trained CRVer knows that if you get an impression twice you read it twice. The very similar impressions come so quickly that the viewer doesn't realize the two parts of the site of been visited and found to be smooth.
This exercise is designed to help sensitize you to those impression differences for which there just aren't any words and those that are so close together that you would normally tend not to notice them. The exercises is simple.

1. When at a store, swap meet, yard sale, even just around your own home or yard, touch something and try to give it a one-word descriptor. For example, let's say that as you sit there reading this you touch the paper and say “smooth”.

2. But then you must immediately look around to find something else that would also be described as smooth. Let's say it is a desk or table on which the paper is sitting. Touch it again and again say “smooth”.

3. You know that there is a difference, but would probably be very hard put to adequately describe the difference between the two “smooths’ That doesn't matter. You've shown your body sensory mechanisms that there are small differences, and that it should be aware of them, even though you don't have a word for the difference. In effect your teaching your body to become more sensitive.

This exercise should be done with each of the five physical senses. For example, look at some specific point on the wall and note its colour. Now, look at the wall from a point 3 feet away from the first point and see if you can see the difference in colour. There is almost always a difference. While you can't usually name the difference, you've just helped your eyes become sensitive to it. That's the important point to this exercise. Try the same with the sounds around you. Try the same with the textures, temperatures, taste, smells, etc.
This exercise practised correctly and regularly will heighten your awareness of the physical world.

The detail recognition exercise

You will find this exercise surprising. Most people do not see what is directly in front of them. Police know that an eyewitness sees everything through filters of biases, fears, desires, upbringing, social mores, and so forth. An eyewitness to a crime is probably the least reliable source for information about it.
The slight embarrassment caused by this exercise is enough to make you become aware of more more details whenever you look at anything, either in the world around you, or at some remote viewing site.
There are two major spin-offs to this exercise. First, you will begin to see implications and ramifications and things with which you work each day. In business meetings you will become the person who is capable of seeing the “big picture” and its benefits and potential problems before others can.
A second and stranger benefit benefit comes from this exercise. In confusing situations, you can zero in on the heart of the problem.

Exercise 5: "Phase II it”
When we compare our list of descriptors from a remote viewing session to the feedback, we see what an incomplete list we have made. What if we'd a perfect knowledge of the target so that we could get all the descriptors? Wouldn’t that be great! Then the list we created would only be limited by our attention to details and our ability to notice what's right in front of us. The purpose of this exercise is to do just that, to increase our attention.

Part 1
1. Get out a target picture and a blank sheet of paper.
2. At the top of the blank sheet right “phase 2".
3. Turn the target picture so you can see it.
4. Make your list of descriptors, all the while having the picture there to look at. Remember to get descriptors for supposed temperatures, textures, smells, taste, etc.

Part 2
1. When your list of descriptors is as complete as you can make it, find someone to look at the list in the picture to check out what you've written.
2. Ask them to point out to you anything you missed.

This exercise reveals things that you're looking straight at and missed. Because of this, it causes you to be more attentive next time. Don't worry - the next time you will miss something else and, then, having had it pointed out, you will become even more aware. As many times as you practice this exercise, you will probably never get so attentive that you will see everything. But you will become more attentive. The good thing is that this exercise isn’t only for CRV, but improves your attention span for the other aspects of your life as well.

The efficient reporting exercise

This exercise will not improve your viewing the target, but it will help you become more proficient in reporting what was found at the target site.
I would urge every manager in every company to try this exercise with their salesmen, their managers, and everyone in the company who has to interact with another person in any way. It will teach each participant that their communication skills are not nearly as honed as they believe; that they are not as clear to others as they are to themselves, that the spoken and written word can (and usually does) have many ways of being interpreted, and that given even the slightest chance, the receiver of the spoken or written word will usually perceive it incorrectly.
This exercise when practised on a regular basis can teach people how to become clear and concise in their speaking, writing, and communicating. It can also teach them how to think from a listener's point of view, rather from than from their own viewpoint.

Exercise 6: “Do you see what I see"
Let's say that you have been given all the knowledge in the universe, but that there is a time limit on how long you will be able to retain it. During that time, you will naturally want to write as much of it down as possible, so you can relearn it later. In your haste to write down as much as possible to try to make each statement as succinct as possible. When you're time limit is up, you forget all that knowledge. No problem. You have it all written down. You then take up your notes and read “The crows flight is as butter” What? You think back and try to remember what you meant by that. You know that just moments ago, it had a deep and significant meaning, that it had something to do with the basic tenants of subatomic theories as yet undiscovered. Something about the very nature of matter. Maybe the next sentence will clear it up: “two corners are needed for e to equal MC-squared when travelling sideways through time" and “without gravity there is no fire".
The point here is that when you get into session, you begin to access knowledge about a far distant site. It is knowledge that other people do not possess - and won't if you can’t communicate to them “no problem" you say “I can explain what I get in session”.
Can you though? This exercise not only tests your ability to explain what you're seeing, but it trains you for the job of simply reporting what you can see and others can't.

The exercise:
Select a target picture at random. do not show it to anyone else. Then, have other people draw the picture as you describe it to them. Remember that this is a CRV exercise, so you'll be required to describe, not identify. That is you must keep the use of nouns to the absolute, barest minimum.
The exercise is performed in two stages. In the first stage, which of last from 3 to 5 minutes, people cannot ask questions. In the second stage, they can.
Another form of this exercise is to give your description in written form and hand it to someone who is then to redraw the original picture from your verbal description. Scoring and feedback come when you compare the original picture to the one that was drawn using your descriptions as a guide. While it may seem that this exercise is somewhat useless to remote viewing, the fact that a remote viewer, no matter how talented and well-trained, is useless if he or she can’t report accurately what was perceived.

Remote Viewer Lyn Buchanan has a book "The seventh sense" which I found fascinating.
A list of chapters gives you an idea of the contents, about some of which I may post in the future, especially if some requests it.
I am posting the Exercises to develop Remote Viewing, as it gives good ideas which would be useful for remote viewing AND in our lives (eg. Ambience)
1 April Fools Day
2 The first thing I learned
3 The military unit
4 A military intelligence tool
5 The civilian world
6 Reactions
7 What do we do with it now?
8 The seventh sense
9 New emotions
10 Protection (Protection while remote viewing)
11 The human mind
12 Mind meld (picking up information from the targets mind, if you have that ability)
13 The perfect session
14 Sliding around in time
15 The afterlife (using remote viewing to explore the afterlife)
16 The assigned witness program
17 Proving it
18 One final story
Epilogue
Appendix 1 Terminilogy
Appendix 2 Worksheets
Appendix 3 Frontloading
Appendix 4 Exercises to develop and enhance your remote viewing capabilities (reproduced below)
Appendix 5 Methods for scoring remote viewing sessions
Appendix 6 A sample remote viewing session
Appendix 7 Other remote viewing methods
Bibliography

Appendix 4

Exercises to develop and enhance your remote viewing abilities

The following exercises are given to every beginning controlled remote viewing student who goes through the training provided by problems solutions innovations
There were many attempt attempts in the military unit to devise exercises to make us more psychic but for all the general purposes they failed. The only exercise that was ever kept within the unit was to purchase a copy of a book called “Drawing on the right side of the brain” and go through the workbook fully and carefully. I would advise anyone who is serious about the field of remote viewing to do the same
For the most part though, exercises to enhance your psychic ability are useless. This is especially true of computer programs that use the computer's random number generator to create and have you control supposedly random events. In truth the random number generator in a desktop or laptop computer does not produce random numbers at all, but produces a string of randomly appearing numbers. That is, the numbers are hardwired into the computers program and will produce the same series of randomly appearing numbers time after time. The program starts when you turn your computer on, and only appears random because you access the chip at different times in that stream, but when you do access it what you get from that point on is a canned mathematically rigid series of numbers which only appear random. Computer programs that are designed to enhance your psychic ability using this method do not work, and are not worth bothering with, much less buying.
Like all other “Learn to be psychic” exercises, the exercises that followed do not enhance your psychic abilities. They are designed instead to get rid of those inhibitions that normally prevent you from using the psychic talents you are not presently using.
The first exercise, the ideogram exercise, teaches you how to allow your body to become a translator between the conscious and the subconscious mind.
Exercises two through five have been designed with the consideration that if you cannot adequately sense the world immediately surrounding you, there is no way you will be able to sense the world at some far distant target site, no matter how much psychic talent you may have. They train you to be sensitive to your surroundings, and in the process teach you to be sensitive to the surroundings at any targeted remote viewing site.
Exercise six is designed to teach you some very important realities about the problems you face when you as the only one who knows something about the target, set out to impart that knowledge to others. Repeated practice of this exercise has been of tremendous benefit to remote viewers, businessmen, sales personnel, artists, and writers. It should be taken very seriously and practiced often.

The ideogram exercise

The ideogram is the most fundamental feature of controlled remote viewing. This physical act initiates the line of communications between the conscious and the subconscious. In every session it is the equivalent of the most basic of moves, and any martial art. My company ‘Problems Solutions Innovations’ has a computer program that helps greatly with this exercise as it calls the words out to you over the computer speakers.

Exercise 1: Ideogram's

You know how people always say “Psychic ability is inherent to everyone. Anyone can do it!” Then you noticed that everyone is not doing it, and In fact most people doubt that they can. Ingo Swann and others once decided to accept the idea that everyone can do it and began to look at the problem in that way. Through a series of questions and answers a new starting place was developed to allow people to develop the ability.

Question
If everyone has access to the information where does it come into their minds?
Answer
Everyone generally agrees that in the framework of human sciences the answer appears to be through the subconscious mind.

Question
If everyone has psychic information available to their subconscious minds, why can't they access it consciously?
Answer
Because the conscious and subconscious minds don't talk to each other, they don't even speak the same language.

Question
If they don't speak the same language, and even after 80 to 100 years of living in the same body, can't seem to learn then what can be done to get the two talking to each other?
Answer
Get an interpreter.

Question
Who or what can understand and speak to both the conscious and subconscious minds.
Answer
The body. You can consciously control the body, and your subconscious and autonomic minds can control it, too. Through the physical senses you can pass information to the conscious, subconscious, and autonomic minds. It evidently speaks and understands them all.

In effect there is no need to develop one's psychic ability. Whatever ability you have is already there and working. All you have to do is develop a way to get the information it has access to. That is not a psychic psychic problem but a language problem. So the correct training is not to be found in the mysterious, the occult, the psychic, at all, but in other words, other fields, particularly linguistics.
What if we could form a language the body could use as a “Rosetta stone” which the conscious, the subconscious, and the autonomic minds could understand? Swann and others have looked into the already well researched fields of psychology, psychotherapy, and psychophysiology, as well as linguistics, to find the answers, and they were there.
First of all, since the language is for the physical body only, it has to be completely physical: no pronunciations, no processing, very basic grammar, etc. Since there is no such ready-made language, it is up to you to develop it. Then as with any other language you have to practice using it until it becomes a habit or second nature.
Let's start out simply: let’s take the Gestalt (basic concept) of “land". We don't care what kind of land: farmland, desert, plain, swamps, just the Gestalt of “land”. Now take a pen in your hand and draw the simplest most basic sketch you can possibly make for that Gestalt. Most people draw a straight, horizontal line. Fine. Let's make that the first word in your language. If you do something else, then you will use that from now on, after all, it's your own language.
Now sketch something. For water most people draw wavy line. Fine. Now you have a language of two words, or more correctly to “idea graphics" or as they are formally called, “ideograms”.
You now need to develop ideograms for “natural”, "man-made", “motion”, “space”, and “life” (or organic/living/cellular/whatever me anything that either has life or once had life).
Once you've developed a basic set of ideograms you begin the actual exercise itself. It is called “ideogram drills” and is guaranteed to be almost the most boring thing you have ever done. One person calls out the words in random order at random speeds and the student reacts to the word being called out by making the proper ideogram for it. This goes on for long periods of time, until the student has phased out and stopped paying attention. At that time we know that he or she is doing it subconsciously, in other words the subconscious mind is now learning and practising the new language too.
The ultimate goal of this is straightforward. When we ask a viewer to describe the target site, the viewer subconscious mind already having information about the site, will for example cause a hand to draw a straight line connected to a wavy line. The viewer looks at the ideogram and sees that the site is a place of land connected to water (a Beach, River, Island, Lake, etc.). First contact with the site has been made, and the session has begun.
CRV training is not just “relax and tell me what you see in your daydreams” that kind of thing has been tried for years with only minor success. That is also what most people taking training in “remote viewing” are doing. It's the same old stuff with a newer name.
Once a CRVer has gotten the basic Gestalt of the target site, more detailed information is gained through the secondary language which also includes the physical senses. In other words the language of CRV starts every session off with the basic descriptors, then more involved sensory contact, in preparation for the conceptual information about the site, finer and finer details, etc.

The ambience exercise

I tell everyone of my students that this is the most important part of the entire series of CRV courses. This exercise will enhance your perceptions to the point where everyone will suddenly think you have become a gifted psychic. Yet it does not deal with psychic functioning at all.
The ambience exercise develops your true sixth sense (the psychic senses actually are seventh sense (hence the name of this book). It will make you so uncommonly aware of your surroundings that you will probably feel as if you've been asleep all your life.
The ambience exercise consists of 20 separate steps or levels of work. If each step is performed correctly the total 20 steps to take many many years to master.
The spin-offs of this exercise include all the benefits of becoming more aware of the world around you. It will enable you to tell when there is a police radar around the bend by the ambience of the oncoming traffic, or whether a person is lying or not. You'll be able to know that a person is going to do before he or she does it and often before he or she even thinks of doing it. I'm convinced that if we could teach this exercise to every policeman in the nation we could drastically reduce the number policeman killed in the line of duty/
Here is the first ambience exercise. I cannot stress enough the importance of practising this exercise as often as possible.

Exercise 2: Ambience

My years of doing CRV have led me to conclude that our sixth sense is ambience. By ambience I mean the sort of feeling you get in a large cathedral. For instance, there is no body part to attribute it to as the other five senses have, but it is there just the same, not only that, but everyone entering the Cathedral will feel it too. So in our CRV training the sixth sense will be a very normal one: ambience. The psychic sense will then have to be the seventh sense.
One of the biggest problems psychics have in describing the distant site is a need to rely on their imagination to fill in things they can perceive about the distance site, but the real problem is that they can't even fully describe the location where they are. We're all that way, in fact, when we feel a certain ambience in a room it is usually very hard for us to describe. There are good reasons for that. English is very sparse in ambience words because ambience awareness is not a major part of our language. It is not a major part of our thought process.
That doesn't mean that it isn't an important part of our awareness, however think about it when you first enter a room with there is, say, danger, you are immediately aware of the ambience even before you are mentally conscious of anything in the room. Before any attention is given to the things in the room, the “feeling” is there. Why, you may wonder, isn't the feeling just a strong whenever you enter any room.
The answer to that is found in an old science experiment with frogs. If you place a frog in hot water it will immediately jump out, but if you place the same frog in cold water then slowly heat the water to boiling the frog will sit there and be boiled alive. Humans are much the same way. Once you get used to very hot dishwater, you can stick your hand into water that will scald your skin without instinctively pulling it back, the skin will be damaged, but you won't feel the pain or the damage until you remove your hand and it cools off. Humans like frogs, are much more sensitive to change than they are to constant conditions, therefore, if you leave a room that is safe and enter another room that is also safe you won't notice the ambience in the second room, as you are accustomed to it. But if you leave a safe room and enter a dangerous place you will notice a sudden change in ambience immediately. We are naturally sensitive to sudden large changes in ambience, but rarely ever to small ones.
When you remote view, you move your mind from one environment to another. If there is a very large change in ambience, you will notice it. Not surprisingly, dangerous sites of the easiest kind of target for most psychics to view. It is one reason psychics often see only visions of doom and gloom while sitting in their very safe and comfortable studies. You won't always be tasked with dramatic, exciting, dangerous, romantic, ecstasy-inducing targets. You will often be asked to describe an ordinary person's ordinary location and/or ordinary activities. That person may be sitting at a desk writing something on paper. You'll be sitting at a desk to view him or her, also writing on your paper. If you have not developed an accurate sensitivity to ambience you will notice nothing about the target person. You will think that you are not getting the target. In fact, you may be receiving impressions just fine, but they are so much like what you have in your own surroundings, that you can't noticed them.
So this exercise is designed to sensitize you to ever smaller changes in the ambience surrounding you. It will strengthen and heighten your ambience awareness. It will wake up a sense that you have used very rarely in your lifetime. It opens up your sixth sense. As you practice this exercise, you'll become aware of things that have always been around you, but do have never noticed before.
Here is the exercise. Beginning immediately, notice every doorway you go through. Before you do, stop and see if you can get a feel for the ambience in the room you're leaving. Then step through the door and see if you can feel the change in ambience. Although would be nice if you could describe the change exactly at this point you’re only concerned was sensitizing yourself to finer and finer amounts of change in ambience.
The exercise should be done with every doorway you go through from now until you die. That means doors between rooms, entrance and exit doors in buildings, the bathroom door, the bedroom door, the car door, etc. Every doorway. At some point it will become second nature to you, and you will have added an entirely new dimension to your awareness, and therefore to your life. You will be as the sighted are in the land of the blind.
I estimate the probably 90% of the events and actions that pass for “psychic” are nothing more than ambience. You know you are doing this exercise correctly when people around you start asking “what are you psychic or something?"

The vocabulary exercise

It is a proven fact that you will tend not to make any permanent mental record of anything for which you do not have a word to describe it. It is therefore very important to expand your vocabulary, since reporting your findings is a major part of all para-psychological work, you need the vocabulary with which to recognize and report what is at the site. If you cannot do that with someone right in front of you, then you will not be able to send your mind halfway around the world and perceive and report what is going on there.
Do this exercise about once a week. If you have children whom you could involve in the “game” of it, please do so. The spin-off the of this exercise is that it will make anyone practising it better writers, reporters, public speakers, and conversationalists.

Exercise 3: Vocabulary

Scientific studies of the mind and how people think show that the way you think determine the words you use, and the words you use determine how you think. This second finding is a subject of this exercise, for not only do your words determine how you think but they even determine what you can (and cannot) think. If you don't have a word for something, you tend not to objectify it - that is, even if you can sense it on the subconscious level, it never reaches a conscious level of thought, so you don't become aware of it. In effect if you don't have a word for a thing, feeling, situation, or even desire if you can't think about it. You may feel “something vague and nameless", but you can't mentally or logically work your way through it. If it is a problem, you can't solve it, and if it is what you want to do with your life and you don't have a word for it, you'll spend your life not getting it done. Once you have a word for something, you tend to also become aware of (and can think about) those things that are similar, even if you don't have a word for them. You form what are called “Cognotron's" around the first word.
In CRV work this means that if you get a subconscious perception, and do not have a word for objectifying it, then it will generally never make it to your conscious mind, and you won't know you perceived it. But let's say that you have a grasp at straws and come up with the wrong word for the perception. The word you come up with will have its own set of Cognotrons, and the rest of your descriptors will tend to match that first (incorrect) word and so will the rest of your perceptions. Herein lies one of the greatest pollution problems the CRVer will face. The problem however is not the result of insufficient ability to view, but simply an in of insufficient vocabulary.
The average American has a vocabulary of almost 200,000 words - that is, an inactive or passive vocabulary. They know that many words, but they don't ever use them. The average businessman has an active vocabulary of only about 2,000 words, that is, words he or she uses on a daily basis. When we refer to “active” vocabulary we are not only talking about the number of words a person uses every day, but also the range of thought that person is capable of thinking, and the range of perceptions that person has, as well. if something happens outside their normal range, it is generally not noticed, noticed but then, ignored or quickly forgotten.
If you can't notice, describe, or even perceive the things in the real world around you because of the size of your active vocabulary, how can you expect to perceive and describe the things at a far distant site? The answer is that you can't.
This is different from any “vocabulary exercise" you've ever done before. This is not a “learn a new word every day” type of exercise. It takes for granted that you've already have the vocabulary but that it is passive. If someone says a word, you'll recognize it at least well enough to get a meeting out of that person sentence. The object of this exercise is to transfer those words into your active vocabulary. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that you open up new thought patterns in the process. Because it is designed for CRV work, the exercise first enhances sensories and dimensionals, the exercise goes like this.

1. Get a group of two or more people together to do the exercise. Sit around a table with a pen and paper in front of each person. It is important for each person to write each word down as someone says it, simply to get that person's body involved in the process of activating the vocabulary. The body's interaction with the mind is paramount in all phases of CRV.

2. Select one of the sensory groups at random (sounds, colours, smells, taste, textures, temperatures, luminescence's, etc. ) or one of the dimensional groups (sizes, shapes, directions, orientations, etc.) Write the group selected at the top of the paper.

3. In either columns down or lines across, each person writes a vocabulary word, as someone calls it out. If you can add a word, call it out, too.

That's it. It's a very simple exercise on the surface, but in practice it becomes very hard. Here is an example:
colours
red, yellow, blue, brown, green, grey, (pretty soon you come up with words like) Hazel, auburn, mauve, magenta, (and then get desperate and move to colours that use nouns as descriptors) brick red, fire engine red, ruby red, blood red, sky blue, baby blue, etc.

When someone in the group says a word that you don't know, ask them to describe it in this way. You not only bring words from passive vocabulary to the active, but also expand your vocabulary in the process. The end result of this exercise is that it gets people to think about things they haven't thought about in years, to increase her ability to describe things in more minute detail, and therefore and thereby to expand their ability to perceive things.
This exercise should be practised at least once a week. If you have the chance to include school-aged children in the practice, the benefits for their education are enormous.

The sensory enhancement exercise

This exercise is designed to develop your five physical senses. Practising this exercise will hone your sensory awareness to heights presently unimaginable. You will find, if you practice the “go hug a couple of trees” exercise properly that almost every physical sensation now take for granted will become more experiential in nature.
The theory behind this exercise is that, if you can/cannot perceive the things in the physical world around you then you can/cannot experience them in the mental world of the target halfway around the world. The side benefit is that you can enhance your life and your awareness to degrees you never thought possible before.

Exercise 4 “go hug a couple of trees”
We are more sensitive to changes in the environment than we are to factors that make up the environment itself. Constant weather or temperature is not noticed after the first few moments, a sudden change however and we become aware of it immediately. We can study in a quiet library as long as there is no sudden noises. We can also study in the noisiest cafeteria or train station, because the noise is constant, but a change in the noise knows you will notice immediately.
Not only is change what we notice most, but we notice it as a relative change, not an absolute. Junior high school science teachers have the students do experiments in which you place one hand and hot water and another in cold water into you get each hand used to the temperature. Then you take both hands and place them in room temperature water. The hand that was in the hot water feels room temperature water as cold, while a hand that was in the cold water feels room temperature water as hot. This is a useful demonstration for CRVers. The impressions that come to us early on in the session come as sensory input. The body is doing its job translating the most primitive impressions in order to get us into closer contact with the target. We can help it do that by simply realizing that it is most sensitive to change, the more sudden the better. If we dwell on each sensory input the processes slowed down. The “body translator” has less of a chance to sense sudden changes in colour, texture, temperatures, sounds, etc. It becomes important then to work quickly. This not only allows your translator to notice more, but also keeps it from getting used to one impression and then interpreting another as a relative. For example, if you remain focused on a hot part of the site for too long a time you might tend to describe the rest of the site is cold, in spite of its being room temperature or maybe even just very warm.
By the same token it is important to have a sufficiently active vocabulary to name the impressions quickly so the translator can bounce towards more impressions. Hence the importance of the vocabulary exercise.
But there are some impressions for which there just aren't words. There are also times when two impressions will be so alike that a translator won’t be able to feel a change. As you “wink about the site” getting impressions, you may, for example, get “smooth” followed immediately by “smooth”. A quick thought goes through the mind about why the impression repeated, usually dismissed by the novice CRV. Here the trained CRVer knows that if you get an impression twice you read it twice. The very similar impressions come so quickly that the viewer doesn't realize the two parts of the site of been visited and found to be smooth.
This exercise is designed to help sensitize you to those impression differences for which there just aren't any words and those that are so close together that you would normally tend not to notice them. The exercises is simple.

1. When at a store, swap meet, yard sale, even just around your own home or yard, touch something and try to give it a one-word descriptor. For example, let's say that as you sit there reading this you touch the paper and say “smooth”.

2. But then you must immediately look around to find something else that would also be described as smooth. Let's say it is a desk or table on which the paper is sitting. Touch it again and again say “smooth”.

3. You know that there is a difference, but would probably be very hard put to adequately describe the difference between the two “smooths’ That doesn't matter. You've shown your body sensory mechanisms that there are small differences, and that it should be aware of them, even though you don't have a word for the difference. In effect your teaching your body to become more sensitive.

This exercise should be done with each of the five physical senses. For example, look at some specific point on the wall and note its colour. Now, look at the wall from a point 3 feet away from the first point and see if you can see the difference in colour. There is almost always a difference. While you can't usually name the difference, you've just helped your eyes become sensitive to it. That's the important point to this exercise. Try the same with the sounds around you. Try the same with the textures, temperatures, taste, smells, etc.
This exercise practised correctly and regularly will heighten your awareness of the physical world.

The detail recognition exercise

You will find this exercise surprising. Most people do not see what is directly in front of them. Police know that an eyewitness sees everything through filters of biases, fears, desires, upbringing, social mores, and so forth. An eyewitness to a crime is probably the least reliable source for information about it.
The slight embarrassment caused by this exercise is enough to make you become aware of more more details whenever you look at anything, either in the world around you, or at some remote viewing site.
There are two major spin-offs to this exercise. First, you will begin to see implications and ramifications and things with which you work each day. In business meetings you will become the person who is capable of seeing the “big picture” and its benefits and potential problems before others can.
A second and stranger benefit benefit comes from this exercise. In confusing situations, you can zero in on the heart of the problem.

Exercise 5: "Phase II it”
When we compare our list of descriptors from a remote viewing session to the feedback, we see what an incomplete list we have made. What if we'd a perfect knowledge of the target so that we could get all the descriptors? Wouldn’t that be great! Then the list we created would only be limited by our attention to details and our ability to notice what's right in front of us. The purpose of this exercise is to do just that, to increase our attention.

Part 1
1. Get out a target picture and a blank sheet of paper.
2. At the top of the blank sheet right “phase 2".
3. Turn the target picture so you can see it.
4. Make your list of descriptors, all the while having the picture there to look at. Remember to get descriptors for supposed temperatures, textures, smells, taste, etc.

Part 2
1. When your list of descriptors is as complete as you can make it, find someone to look at the list in the picture to check out what you've written.
2. Ask them to point out to you anything you missed.

This exercise reveals things that you're looking straight at and missed. Because of this, it causes you to be more attentive next time. Don't worry - the next time you will miss something else and, then, having had it pointed out, you will become even more aware. As many times as you practice this exercise, you will probably never get so attentive that you will see everything. But you will become more attentive. The good thing is that this exercise isn’t only for CRV, but improves your attention span for the other aspects of your life as well.

The efficient reporting exercise

This exercise will not improve your viewing the target, but it will help you become more proficient in reporting what was found at the target site.
I would urge every manager in every company to try this exercise with their salesmen, their managers, and everyone in the company who has to interact with another person in any way. It will teach each participant that their communication skills are not nearly as honed as they believe; that they are not as clear to others as they are to themselves, that the spoken and written word can (and usually does) have many ways of being interpreted, and that given even the slightest chance, the receiver of the spoken or written word will usually perceive it incorrectly.
This exercise when practised on a regular basis can teach people how to become clear and concise in their speaking, writing, and communicating. It can also teach them how to think from a listener's point of view, rather from than from their own viewpoint.

Exercise 6: “Do you see what I see"
Let's say that you have been given all the knowledge in the universe, but that there is a time limit on how long you will be able to retain it. During that time, you will naturally want to write as much of it down as possible, so you can relearn it later. In your haste to write down as much as possible to try to make each statement as succinct as possible. When you're time limit is up, you forget all that knowledge. No problem. You have it all written down. You then take up your notes and read “The crows flight is as butter” What? You think back and try to remember what you meant by that. You know that just moments ago, it had a deep and significant meaning, that it had something to do with the basic tenants of subatomic theories as yet undiscovered. Something about the very nature of matter. Maybe the next sentence will clear it up: “two corners are needed for e to equal MC-squared when travelling sideways through time" and “without gravity there is no fire".
The point here is that when you get into session, you begin to access knowledge about a far distant site. It is knowledge that other people do not possess - and won't if you can’t communicate to them “no problem" you say “I can explain what I get in session”.
Can you though? This exercise not only tests your ability to explain what you're seeing, but it trains you for the job of simply reporting what you can see and others can't.

The exercise:
Select a target picture at random. do not show it to anyone else. Then, have other people draw the picture as you describe it to them. Remember that this is a CRV exercise, so you'll be required to describe, not identify. That is you must keep the use of nouns to the absolute, barest minimum.
The exercise is performed in two stages. In the first stage, which of last from 3 to 5 minutes, people cannot ask questions. In the second stage, they can.
Another form of this exercise is to give your description in written form and hand it to someone who is then to redraw the original picture from your verbal description. Scoring and feedback come when you compare the original picture to the one that was drawn using your descriptions as a guide. While it may seem that this exercise is somewhat useless to remote viewing, the fact that a remote viewer, no matter how talented and well-trained, is useless if he or she can’t report accurately what was perceived.
Wow! That's some really exacting information. I need to read this over a few times to grasp it. Thank you @anartist !

Back
Top Bottom