The Love Affair.

Woke up early this morning; unwashed one was forced to sit up and one has generally sat up in bed for some time before getting out of bed, But this morning it was beyond the usual procedure, it was an urgent and imperative necessity. As one sat up, in a little while there came that immense benediction and presently one felt that this whole power, this whole impenetrable, stern strength was in one, about one and in the head, and in the very middle of all this immensity, there was complete stillness. It was a stillness which no mind can imagine, formulate; no violence can produce this stillness; it had no cause; it was not a result; it was the stillness in the very centre of a tremendous hurricane. It was the stillness of all motion, the essence of all action; it was the explosion of creation and it's only in such stillness that creation can take place. Again the brain could not capture it; it could not record it in its memories, in the past, for this thing is out of time; it had no future, it had no past or present. If it was of time, the brain could capture it and shape it according to its conditioning. As this stillness is the totality of all motion, the essence of all action, a living that was without shadow, the thing of shadow could not, by any means, measure it. It is too immense for time to hold it and no space could contain it. All this may have lasted thirty seconds, to a minute, or an hour. ~Juddi Krishnarmurti

It's a love affair.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 16
I think these moments of absolute presence and fulfillment are possible thanks to silence, where everything is perfect and everything is possible. The image of being at the center of a hurricane, in its eye, comes to mind. Those who have found themselves in the eye of the hurricane say that the most important thing is silence, and it's as if they were outside time, outside movement, outside everything except a kind of plenitude with nothing but silence and beauty. I think that when we wake up in the morning, before putting one foot on the ground and letting ourselves be carried away by the movement of life, the things we have to do, etc., we can listen to the silence, our breathing, the still-dark room that greets us, the dogs that open their eyes and slowly come back to life, the silence in the streets because people are still in bed, and the perfection of the moment is plenitude. Our heart goes boom-boom, the sheets are soft on our body, which at this moment is nothing but presence and beauty. This is how a new day begins, a new love affair with life, but we must take the time to live these seconds out of time, in the eye of the hurricane. And feel the perfection of the moment.

Krishnamurti`s quote is a bit of of a word salad for me. When reading @loreta´s post, only then I understood its possible essence. Thank you for your beautiful and poetic words.

Since some time, I began to notice that the moments of waking up became so sweet, so different a state from what´s to come during the mundane day. Then sometimes there is still the scent and memory of another atmosphere, where the connection to the Devine and love for life is a natural and silent state of being.

A line of the Prayers comes to my mind:
"There is no speech, nor are there words, their voice is not heard by the ears, yet their voice of spirit goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world."

In Life beyond the Veil, Vol. 1 there is this passage on such silence:

[...] and then we saw, standing
over the square where the arms of the cross joined the stem, a larger Being.
We all seemed to know Him at once instinctively. It was a manifestation of
the Christ in what you have come to know as Presence Form.

He stood there silent and still
for a long time, and then lifted His right hand
on high, and we saw a column of light descend and rest upon it as He held it
aloft. This column was a pathway, and on it we saw another company
descending and, when they came to the uplifted hand, they paused and
stood still with their hands folded an their breasts and heads bowed. Then
slowly the hand moved out until it had swung round and down and the
fingers pointed over the plain, and we saw the column stretch out towards
us in mid-heaven until it bridged the space between the mountain and the
plain, and the end of it rested over the multitude gathered there.

Along this column walked the company last become visible, and hovered
above us. They spread out their hands then and all slowly turned towards
the mountain, and softly we heard their voices half speaking and half singing
a hymn of devotion to Him Who stood there all so beautiful and so holy that
at first we were awed into silence. But presently we also took up their words
and sang, or chanted, with them; for that evidently was their purpose in
coming to us. And as we sang there arose between us and the mountain a
mist of bluish tint which had a very curious effect. It seemed to us like a
telescopic lens, and brought the vision of Him nearer until we could see the
expression on His face. It also acted similarly on the forms of those who
stood just below Him. But we had no eyes for them, only for his gracious
face and form. I cannot describe the expression. It was a blend of things
which words can only tell in small part. There were blended love and pity
and joy and majesty, and I felt that life was a very sacred thing when it held
Him and us in one bond. I think others felt something like this too, but we
did not speak to one another, all our attention being taken up with the sight
of Him.

[...] then all gradually faded away. But the effect was a very definite sense
of His Presence remaining and perpetual.
Perhaps that was the object of
the vision being given to the new-comers who, although they could not
see so clearly as we could who had been here longer, yet would be able
to see enough to encourage them and give them peace.

We lingered sometime longer, and then quietly went our ways, not speaking much,
because we were so impressed with that we had witnessed. And also, in all these
manifestations there is always so much to think out after. It is so glorious that
one is not able, while it is taking place, to take in all the meaning. That has to
be thought out gradually; and we talk it over together, and each gives his impressions,
and then we add them up, and find that a revelation has been given of something
we did not understand before so well. In this instance what seemed to impress us
most was the power He had of speaking to us in silence. He did not utter a word and
yet we seemed to be hearing His voice speaking to us whenever He made a movement,
and we understood quite well what the voice said, although it did not actually speak.

And then there is this Prayer line: "Knowledge like a mother bird will cover you with her pinions, and under her wings you fill find refuge..."

I was standing next to my bed in Sacramento sometime around 2005, the bedroom door closed. I don't remember the time of day, the day of the week or even the season. But all of a sudden I felt a presence, except it wasn't something outside of me, but within me - and it/me was connected to everything else, everywhere, in that moment.

I don't know how long that moment was, only that the presence was overwhelming and would crush me if I tried to hold on to it. It included all things, the bed and the floor and the air, it was all ME and I was all of them as well. I had an understanding then of what pure love was, that all I had ever thought was love was a pittance compared to this presence, a presence that I have always been a part of. It came on like a wave, slowly building, silently merging me with all things simultaneously until I could handle no more - then after leaving behind the remembrance of what true presence and love really was, it was gone and I was back within my lonesome self.

Afterwards I realized then that I had a HELL of a long ways to go before I could ever handle merging with all that is again. I could not let my "selfness" barriers go to be embraced within that totality without losing my sovereignty. I would have had to surrender everything, and I was not yet ready. Yet I also now knew that presence was always there, always, and I was a part of it, and I learned to respect all things, as I am not separate from any of them, nor them from me.

It has not happened to me since, and even today I still try to understand exactly what it was that I experienced. The closest I have come to it is this description of the "Shekinah":

"Shekinah Glory is a visible manifestation of God on earth, whose presence is portrayed through a natural occurrence. The word shekinah is a Hebrew name meaning “dwelling” or “one who dwells.” Shekinah Glory means “He caused to dwell,” referring to the divine presence of God."

Juddi Krishnarmurti's quote above resonates with me, and it comes closest to anything I have ever read of someone experiencing what I did and trying to put it into words. Thank you for that.

Woke up early this morning; unwashed one was forced to sit up and one has generally sat up in bed for some time before getting out of bed, But this morning it was beyond the usual procedure, it was an urgent and imperative necessity. As one sat up, in a little while there came that immense benediction and presently one felt that this whole power, this whole impenetrable, stern strength was in one, about one and in the head, and in the very middle of all this immensity, there was complete stillness. It was a stillness which no mind can imagine, formulate; no violence can produce this stillness; it had no cause; it was not a result; it was the stillness in the very centre of a tremendous hurricane. It was the stillness of all motion, the essence of all action; it was the explosion of creation and it's only in such stillness that creation can take place. Again the brain could not capture it; it could not record it in its memories, in the past, for this thing is out of time; it had no future, it had no past or present. If it was of time, the brain could capture it and shape it according to its conditioning. As this stillness is the totality of all motion, the essence of all action, a living that was without shadow, the thing of shadow could not, by any means, measure it. It is too immense for time to hold it and no space could contain it. All this may have lasted thirty seconds, to a minute, or an hour. ~Juddi Krishnarmurti

It's a love affair.

Which book is this quote from please?
Good day, Deliverance, and apologies, I wasn't thinking at that time. (pg. 38, 2nd)

Attachments

• Jiddu-Krishnamurtis-Notebook.pdf
    682.6 KB · Views: 5
Color me mystified - but I have no idea what you are trying to say!
Maybe I am a bit dense - or maybe I am just a male?
I wrote a notebook as a diary while I was travelling... but I did not write it for publication. I described what I call the process, and sensation of being outside the ordinary world, of being completely at peace and removed from conflict. This happens only from time to time and clearly it is impossible to describe to anybody who has not experienced it. But I have attempted to put into words the actual pain and sensation which goes with the heightened consciousness. It is not intended in a romatic way; if you lead a certain type of disciplined, quiet life you release a kind of energy, that's a scientific fact, and this affects the non-mechanical part of your brain so that you enter into a new dimension. The physical organism is incapable of meeting it and so you get the pain. I am not suggesting that everyone should try to attain this, but it may be of interest to some people who have followed my thoughts and ideas to know what happens on a more personal level. ~J. Krishnamurti [interview with The Guardian]

Back
Top Bottom