This Chicken Farm Uses Oregano Oil instead of Antibiotics

Skyfarmr

Jedi Master
http://www.realfarmacy.com/chicken-farm-oregano-oil-instead-antibiotics/

by J HERMAN
In most large commercial chicken farms, chickens are fed antibiotics to keep them healthy and fight off infections. The drugs are a relatively cheap, widely available method of doing so while keeping profits quite high. But one chicken farm in Pennsylvania does things a little differently and still manages to maintain excellent results. The farm, owned by Scott Sechler, is one of the first to rely solely on a blend of oregano oil and cinnamon for use in the treatment and care of its chickens. In addition to being completely natural, oregano oil provides the chickens with many health benefits, making this particular technique produce a much higher quality of natural chicken in a much more humane way than would be achieved with antibiotics.

Like antibiotics, the oil helps the chickens fight off infections, reducing the amount of birds – and thereby revenue – lost to disease. The difference? The oil is all natural, of course, and produces much healthier chickens than those fed unnatural, manufactured antibiotics and drugs.

Great to know with the chicken influenza "outbreak" just retreating, but expected to return when weather cools...at least, that was what the agri-scientists predict.

(Personally, I suspect that the chicken deaths blamed on influenza which caused a massive chicken slaughter at a few of the industrial sized chicken farms has an inhumane back story: over-crowding, tainted feed/GMOs, kept indoors/no sunlight, antibiotics/vaccinations/hot lots... can't prove any of it, just a suspicion...insurance claims probably took care of the loss...fast food chains get all that reduced price chicken....que bono?)

Interestingly, now the news is reporting a 25-50% increase in egg prices til flocks can recover... how nice for the REST of the egg producing chicken farms.

Curious how this resembles the dog influenza "out-break" a couple months ago. The couple people I knew who's dogs were afflicted mentioned they had recently vaccinated them...it too made me suspect hot vaccine lots. The difference is they didn't recommend mass slaughter of infected canines... thank goodness!

I use oregano oil and MSM(sulfur) to treat baby chicks at around five to six weeks of age to help prevent an overload of a protozoan found in our soils here called coccidiosis . After four weeks the chicks loose any immunity they received from birth and that is when I would start loosing birds. My chickens are raised free range and organic but the cocci has been an issue until I started using these two things. Before I started this protocol I would loose 2 out of 10 chicks almost every hatch and sometimes more. So, I can say without a doubt that the oil does work. I have also done hatches with only the MSM with great results as well.

Horseofadifferentcolor said:
I use oregano oil and MSM(sulfur) to treat baby chicks at around five to six weeks of age to help prevent an overload of a protozoan found in our soils here called coccidiosis . After four weeks the chicks loose any immunity they received from birth and that is when I would start loosing birds. My chickens are raised free range and organic but the cocci has been an issue until I started using these two things. Before I started this protocol I would loose 2 out of 10 chicks almost every hatch and sometimes more. So, I can say without a doubt that the oil does work. I have also done hatches with only the MSM with great results as well.

Hmmm. The Oregano oil might be useful in treating humans for protozoan attack as well.
There is another thread discussing amoeba problems in humans.

How do you administer this oregeno oil? Internal, or topically? Likewise, how would one treat oneself?

I put it right into their drinking water, just a drop or two.
I have a large tub filled with water for the ducks to swim in and add a few drops of the Oregano oil to that as well.
I also add a pinch or so of dried kelp to the drinking water, simply because the seem to love it.
I haven`t tried the MSM, what would that do?

Meager1 said:
I put it right into their drinking water, just a drop or two.
I have a large tub filled with water for the ducks to swim in and add a few drops of the Oregano oil to that as well.
I also add a pinch or so of dried kelp to the drinking water, simply because the seem to love it.
I haven`t tried the MSM, what would that do?

When researching organic treatments a common theme was a base of sulfur(example garlic). It was only a theory at first but it has worked. I add this to their drinking water.

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

I have some powdered sulfur, it`s called flowers of sulfur actually, that I have used as a dust for wounds on chickens legs etc. and it seems to do the trick in preventing infection, but now I wonder if that would be beneficial as an emergency internal antibiotic as well, or maybe it would be better just left as a dust on open wounds?

My chickens free range during the day and have access to a lot of herbs and grasses in the yard, I have seen them eating a grey clay that they "dug up" and use as a dry feather dust as well. So maybe they do know a little bit of how to take care of themselves if their not caged and suffering from over crowding and bad food.
Anything we can do to help them along is always good though.

davey72 said:
Have you ever heard of or used diotemacious earth?

I sprinkle this in their nest boxes under the hay and dust bathing areas when it has been dry. It will help prevent mites and keeps the ants away mostly as long as it stays dry. Just try not to breathe it in when using. A lot of feed companies add this to the grains to keep out bugs. If you are asking about this for chickens you can also add burnt wood ash to their dust bathing areas. They love it! They will wait in a line for their turn to roll around in it.

davey72 said:
How do you administer this oregeno oil? Internal, or topically? Likewise, how would one treat oneself?

I've treated myself taking oregano oil internally by putting 3-4 drops in an empty capsule and taking with small glass of water AFTER MEALs. (2-3 times/day) This is strong stuff, so you may want to dilute with some other edible oil; some people complain of slight discomfort. Personally, I've never had issues if taken full strength after a meal.

I first tried oregano oil after my sister described relief from her chronic knee pain, a knee she had sprained years ago. Her alternative chiropractor explained that certain adeno viruses thrive in injured tissue, and when lactic acid builds up from overuse the viral overgrowth causes an inflammatory response. He had her take oregano oil and the pain and inflammation cleared up within a week. Oregano oil knocks the pain down quickly when I'm suffering from overworked shoulder pain, and can only assume that this virus was part of the pain/inflammation causing issue.

I've also used it diluted, topically on a deer tick bite for about a week back in early March, just as a precaution. So far, no signs of Lyme disease, but the tick may have not been carrying it either. Also used a french green clay poultice moistened with wheatgrass juice 24/7 until the site completely healed. Also took colloidal silver liberally throughout the whole duration. Needless to say, I wasn't taking any chances.

My source for organic oregano oil is rosemountainherbals.com but Young Living Oils is also a wonderfully reliable source.
There is a warning on the label that it isn't intended for internal use. Well, I obviously ignore that.. and use sparingly, and diluted when applying topically.

Oregano oil has a permanent place in my holistic medicine cabinet.

Why It’s a Good Idea to Clean With Oregano Oil​

Story at a glance:
  • Air pollution knows no boundaries and commercial cleaning products may increase the toxins and fine particulate matter in your home environment; making cleaning products at home is simple, inexpensive and incredibly effective
  • Oil of oregano demonstrates the ability to kill bacteria responsible for food poisoning, cold viruses and microbial spores, holding great potential as a safe surface cleaner and for treatment of some drug-resistant bacteria
  • Originally found in Greece, oregano has a long history of medicinal use and current data demonstrates positive effects against urinary tract infections, respiratory infections and as an antiviral
  • Consider growing oregano at home to ensure the plants you use have not been contaminated by pesticides; simple home oregano infusions may be used to reduce muscle soreness, arthritis pain and sinus headaches
Note: Founding this thread helped me to learn another use for oregano oil: for chicken health 😀

Attachments

• clean-with-oregano-oil-pdf.pdf
    203.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom