Twitter problem

Palinurus

The Living Force
Since a few days I'm unable to activate twitter (X) links given in posts on the forum. Invariably I'm confronted with the message Something went wrong, try reloading and I've not been able to figure out what the cause could be. Maybe someone else knows a remedy ? Reloading doesn't work.

I'm using up-to-date Firefox browser and also tried Chrome browser which had the same issue.

Since a few days I'm unable to activate twitter (X) links given in posts on the forum. Invariably I'm confronted with the message Something went wrong, try reloading and I've not been able to figure out what the cause could be. Maybe someone else knows a remedy ? Reloading doesn't work.

I'm using up-to-date Firefox browser and also tried Chrome browser which had the same issue.
Well, something similar happened to me a little while ago, when trying to embed content from X, and what was happening was that since I had not used my account to post anything or reply to anything it wasn't letting me interact with the platform.

I am guessing it's to stop bots from making a mess of things. So, have you used X? if you haven't maybe try replying to a few tweets, that's what fixed it for me.

another thing is that some browsers have privacy settings that prevent certain plugins from loading, like Safari won't let FB videos load up unless I allow it to, so maybe see if there's something like that in your settings?

Ditto. It seemed especially slow (the 19th through the 25th). Last week's performance of X was very sluggish. Perhaps the terminal service may have had issues involving the recent space weather activity or that X was under attack.

So I used the essential hard drive cleaning by using the primary (nonpay) CC cleaner and performed a Windows PC cleaning that seemed to correct the issues, or so it seemed. That is just my limited thoughts, while not being very computer savvy.

Lately I also had issues when trying to embed posts from twitter. The "copy link" given link doesn't work, but the link of the pictures/videos seem to be "embedable" on the forum (use rightclick and copy in the post)... I don't have an account on this platform though, Go figure...

I have had an "X" problem for a couple of months now. I just see a blank where the link should be. To see the link I have to click on the repeat icon and then the link appears but flashes off almost immediately. If I am very, very quick I can click on the link to see what is hidden. Very frustrating though. It is the same if I use Firefox, Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

Change the twitter link from x.com to twitter.com.

Instead of this:

Code:
https://x.com/ScottiesTech/status/1726921103392845878

Do this:

Code:
https://twitter.com/ScottiesTech/status/1726921103392845878

The forum software hasn't been updated yet to account for "x.com" URLs.

Back
Top Bottom