This is embarrasing but..... (hemorrhoids)

slowone nothing is embarrassing when is about health.First of all you need to check your diet.Usually starches,carbs produce constipation.Some people use to suffer from "lazy gut"and this food make it worst.One of the tips that really helps is to take on an empty stomach 2 tablespoons of linseed previously soaked in water the night before.Its gel is going to help to hydrate and the seeds are going to help to "clean" your gut.I am using this recipe for some years now,when is needed.It`s important to avoid the constipation to reduce and have some control over hemorrhoids.Some relief for the pain you need to wash the affected area with warm water and soft soap after your evacuation and after you dry very well used extra virgen olive oil in the area.;-) I hope can help.

Some relief for the pain you need to wash the affected area with warm water and soft soap after your evacuation and after you dry very well used extra virgen olive oil in the area.;-) I hope can help.
Thank you for advice about linseed.
I'm using coconut oil instead olive oil and it's very helpful.

Dear Dakota coconut is a good option too.It`s plus is that helps to deal with the bacteria.And i `m wondering if it can used some iodine.What do you think?

Yes, I do. Every seven or more days I take one drop of iodine.
Couple years ago I went through detoxification and since then I'm more sensitive on the food I eat which is good because I can't eat junk food anymore :cool2:.

The best article that I ever read about iodine is: Iodine - Suppressed knowledge that can change your life

[...]
Now that you are on the paleo diet and removed the large quantities of fiber, things will get better. But if you are having constipation problems, those issues can be helped with magnesium, bone broth and/or salted water, vitamin C and even digestive enzymes.
[...]
The best result related hemorrhoids I had when I was on keto for sort period. Salted water is something what I did before and it was helpful, definitely something that I should return in my daily routine. I'm using probiotics and since I didn't know about digestive enzymes before, that's something I will try in the future.

p.s. vinegar and garlic tonic by Kay Kim will be ready after ten more days, I'm interested to try it.

All these options are good also.The diet is the principal factor to solve the problem,for sure.;-)My point to use iodine was to use it in a external way.When the rectal area is in bad conditions.I used iodine when i have infected wounds.It is really helpful.

I tend to find my piles flareup when i eat spices more than i can tolerate. My father had them and he had multiple operations for it. For me, changing the diet seems to work- no too much spices or too much carbs.

What worked for me was to supplement with a lot of fiber/water. The idea is to let stool pass easily so that it limits the amount of irritability in that area. Also, limiting my time on the toilet can help a lot too.

As indicated in my post #42, I had HAL-RAR surgery on June 25; outpatient: 10:00 am, 6:00 pm. No luck, it fell in a heat wave episode (France) and the experience was rather painful.
Fortunately, there are powerful analgesics: the combination of TRAMADOL 50mg and PARACETAMOL 1g was more than enough for me. Today is the first day without analgesics. Some bearable pain and difficulties to sit down but nothing serious. I can walk about normally (squeal around the house) but no physical activity until the next visit to the surgeon on July 18. I want to know when I can ride my bike again. 🚵‍♂️ 👍
I'll tell you all about it...

Recently a family member had surgery planned for an external hemorrhoid, that they had for many years but which had become a problem. Since we like DMSO, I wondered if it might help (and I remember that someone had brought it up here before). I searched the web and found a website that discusses just that, and adds potassium iodide and aloe vera juice. So we made up the solution, put it in a small spray bottle (although you can also apply it manually) and the family member tried it. The initial reaction (after one application) was quite dramatic, the hemorrhoid more or less 'deflated' completely. It then 'restored' itself slightly but was still a lot better. The experiment is ongoing, (it can take a couple of weeks of nightly application) but it seems very promising.

Anyway, the person who runs the website released a short book with the protocol for both external and internal hemorrhoids, so I'll include the relevant text here for external hemorrhoids for anyone who is interested. Here's the link to the book which has more information on internal problems.

After testing on myself and a number of others at JPT Wellness Circle, I have called my revised formula HemorrHeal. My HemorrHeal formula and usage instructions are below, for each specific rectal condition (but you are certainly free to use Dr. Wright's formula, if you prefer):

HemorrHeal For External Hemorrhoids

• 1.5 tablespoons George's "Always Active" Aloe Vera Juice

• 20 drops (1/4 tsp) potassium iodide (SSKI)

• 1/2 teaspoon liquid 99% concentration DMSO

1. Mix ingredients together in a glass measuring cup with a pour spout.

2. Pour into a one-ounce amber glass bottle. Store at room temperature away from light and heat.

3. Apply liberally (really soak the hemorrhoids) at bedtime with your finger, organic cotton bud (Q-Tip), or soft, natural fiber paintbrush. Wear 100% cotton underwear to prevent any staining on your sheets – but still allow the area to breathe. Or, you can sleep on top of a cotton towel – both DMSO and potassium iodide will stain fabrics, so protect your sheets.
4. If you have trouble reaching your hemorrhoids, then get into the “hemorrhoid position” where you are kneeling on the floor or bed. But instead of kneeling on your hands and knees, you are on your elbows and knees with your butt raised in the air. This automatically spreads your buttocks and opens the anal area allowing for easy access to your hemorrhoids.

I prefer to use a natural fiber paintbrush to apply the formula – this provides the best coverage with the least wastage. You can get natural hair brushes at art stores, or anywhere they sell good quality cosmetics – a natural hair eyeshadow brush works well. Clean your brush with warm, soapy water after use and stand upright to dry.

• Apply before bed at night every night for 10 nights. Then take a one-week break. If still needed, then apply every night for two weeks. Then take a one-week break. If still needed, start the dosage cycle again at the beginning. BUT, hemorrhoids will likely heal in the first week or two.

Last edited:
I suffered a hemorrhoid injury about 7 years ago while weightlifting and eating a terrible diet. Back then I was consuming lots of whey and casein protein shakes to get ripped while eating tons of bread and other inflammatory things. Needless to say that was long before I found the forum!

Ever since the original injury I have had flare-ups that have more or less managed to go away on their own without much remedy. I think at some point I figured out that using some cream to push the almond sized tissue back into the anus using my finger was helpful but I never really did to much more than that. I was and still am young so I think that is what has previously been my saving grace for healing. Although now with my most recent flare-up being particularly painful and lasting I think it is time to see what else might be a good idea so hence, why I am posting.

I would estimate that my current injury is sized at about an almond and a half (which is soft) and 1 small pea (that is hard). No itching, no bleeding. My first reaction was that I needed surgery due to the prolonged nature of the injury that clearly hasn't healed and has slightly worsened over the years in terms of size. However, from reading the accounts of others here who have seemed to have had much worse injuries (in terms of size, persistence, bleeding, itching) and healed (or managed) without surgery perhaps that is an overreaction.

My current medical maneuvers consist of pushing the affected area back into place using "Dr. Coles Hemorrhoid Formula" (available on amazon) which consists of olive oil, beeswax, horse chestnut, calendula, witch hazel, arnica, butchers broom, feverfew, chickweed, marshmallow root, mullein, uva ursi, yarrow, white willow and vitamin E. That salve seems to be quite effective but I also sometimes use a bit of CBD cream which also seems fairly effective. For wiping I use Preparation-H wet wipes which are available at my local Costco. I've resorted to eating only once a day (keto: grass fed beef, rice, sauerkraut) during the early evening coupled with butter-collagen coffee in the morning. I would eat less if I could but I've already started to lose some weight and I'm already a bit underweight as it is and my job is energetically and physically quite demanding. I take about 5g of vitamin C throughout the day and take 2 tbsp of magnesium citrate in the evening before bed. My stools have been completely normal being neither to soft nor to hard. I wouldn't say that passing stool is to painful at the moment however it always inflames the hemorrhoid. For digestion I've been taking A-F Betafood from Standard Process and Betaine HCL (recommended by my applied kinesiologist who has given me plenty of reasons to trust over the years).

You would think that with all of that the hemorrhoid would go away immediately! Heck, I've even been using the infrared sauna about 5 times a week as well.

The only four things mentioned in the thread that I have yet to try are rest (horizontal rest specifically), stretching, emotional consideration and DMSO.

Horizontal rest, DMSO: easy in theory but difficult because I live an active life however I do have the day off so I think I'll try to spend some time in bed reading some romantic fiction. Should pair well with some DMSO application. I have some of the 70% DMSO 30% Aloe Vera cream which should do the trick I believe. (https://www.amazon.com/Dmso-Cream-A...4&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f)

Stretching: I know how to stretch and do it sometimes however considering this injury I could definitely use some more focus in this department.

Emotional considering:

PHYSICAL BLOCK​

Hemorrhoids are simply the uncomfortable swelling of a blood vessel in the rectum or anus. Constipation and the resulting strain during bowel movements are the primary cause.

EMOTIONAL BLOCK​

Hemorrhoids reveal a build-up of emotional pressure caused by stress and fear that you would rather not discuss and show. The result is burdensome. Hemorrhoids may occur if you pressure or force yourself to have more; perhaps you are enduring a job that you do not like. Since hemorrhoids are located in the rectum (the terminal portion of the large intestine), you are constantly pushing yourself to finish things. Do you ask too much of yourself? Have you created undue tension trying to have something or someone because of material insecurity and difficulty in making decisions?

MENTAL BLOCK​

The more pronounced your inner sense of insecurity, the more you may suffer from hemorrhoids. In order to mitigate this insecurity, you push yourself to do in order to have. When you feel that things are not moving along as quickly as you want, do you burn with impatience? It is essential that you develop a consistent faith in the Universe, an unfailing trust that everything is as it should be and that all of God's children will be provided for. Learn to let go and to express your feelings openly and honestly while acknowledging your fear of material deprivation. Écoute ton corps - HEMORRHOIDS.

Well assuming that the above link is accurate in terms of mental-physical relationship I would agree that the biggest source of tension in my life right now is that I am quite literally enduring my job that I no longer like and part of the reason being is that the security of my income in the restaurant business is at great risk of being non-existent with the US election drama unfolding. Sooooo yeah... perhaps that might be causing some issues. Thankfully, I did just have a job interview that went quite well with a local organic chicken business so there is hope of a better professional position.

I feel like I've got my remedies in order or can you think of anything I've missed?

This is embarrassing but I could do with some advice.

To cut a very long story short I have ended up with piles (hemorrhoids). I wouldn't be sharing this except I'm in quite a lot of pain and I wondered if anyone had any advice.

I have used the over the counter remedies but I'm still really uncomfortable. I searched on line and a couple of people reported good results with DMSO and as I have some I'm using that daily.

I've put off seeing the doctor as it's still only been about a week I was hoping to resolve this myself. It's even more difficult because my job is quite physical and I'm uncomfortable even sitting down. :(

If anyone has any experience of this and any other remedies that they can recommend I'd be really grateful. Otherwise I think it's off to the doctors next week.
I've had some issues with them this year. They became very painful and I found myself in urgent care. One had thrombosed and had to be opened to remove the clot. It was frightening, but it was over pretty quick and the relief was immediate.

For relief of non-thrombosed ones, I made suppositories with fresh garlic and coconut oil and then put in the freezer to harden. Quite difficult if the ambient temperature is too high. I used them a couple night when I went to bed. But OTC, I found Hemorrhoid Control Extra Strength from Forces of Nature. I'm not sure what all is in it, but it's supposed to be all natural and it did help.

In addition, my bed has a dip, and for whatever reason, that dip exacerbates my hemorrhoids, so I used pretty flat pillows to fill the dip and that's made a huge difference too.

But it comes down to diet for me. When I was 100% carnivore, no issues whatsoever. When I added fiber back, that's when problems began. Ironically, the doctor said eat more fiber, but that makes me go more, which exacerbates them more.

I would estimate that my current injury is sized at about an almond and a half (which is soft) and 1 small pea (that is hard). No itching, no bleeding. My first reaction was that I needed surgery due to the prolonged nature of the injury that clearly hasn't healed and has slightly worsened over the years in terms of size. However, from reading the accounts of others here who have seemed to have had much worse injuries (in terms of size, persistence, bleeding, itching) and healed (or managed) without surgery perhaps that is an overreaction.
I had used Verbascum thapsus tea (filtered because of the stinging hairs), and it was quite effective against swelling and pain. Unfortunately, it only stopped the bleeding temporarily and I had to resort to surgery.It seems that you don't have this bleeding problem, so you can try this herb which can be used internally (herbal tea) or externally (ointment).

I found this remedy a couple of years ago on a mercola.com article. It was from one of the commenters. Use Vick's vapor rub or similar product with camphor oil. Put the ointment into your navel (not on the hemmorhoids, although some commenters at earthclinic used it that way). It worked like magic for me. The offending problem "retreated" within one day of treatment!

I can share my personal experience on this although I doubt this could be helpful for chronic cases (I think for those diet would be best).

BTW I am not sharing this intending to tell people "do this", just wanted to share what worked for me to receive feedback if makes sense or better to avoid, so we all can learn.

I only had piles twice. First time I had no clue what was that so I went to the doctor. She told me to avoid sitting straight but to sit sideways, eating a lot of dietary fibre, prescribed some cream, etc.

It didn't work at all.

Then I started to look for information on the Internet and because of that I tried infusions, yet other creams, and so on.

Didn't work either.

I don't know how but it happened to cross my mind to use ice (with a lot of care of course), as I would do with some inflammation after injury. I think I used it few times (1-2 times per day), 15-20 mins each time (of course with much, much care and avoiding to apply it continuously, since it can burn) over just two days.

Gone.

Several years later it happened to me again. I chose the 'ice method' straight away and after just one day...

Gone.

That was my experience and the 'solution' that worked for me. I did that by intuition, so may be not the best way forward! If anyone has knowledge on this that can advise or, on the contrary, discourage this practice, I would be thankful!

I just wanted to give a brief update. DMSO cream, carnivore diet and rest has been easily the most effective treatment thus far that I have tried. DMSO has been a godsend of a mild pain reliever so I can continue to work without being in great discomfort and seems to be reducing the swelling very effectively. I still have the hemorrhoids however I'm mostly discomfort free and they have greatly reduced in size. Hopefully soon they will remiss entirely and forever as they are quite annoying!

Back
Top Bottom